facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 28, 2009, 04:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Pink Ball to be Tested in Our Domestic Competitions?

Quote:
Mumbai, Sept. 27 : Kumar Sangakkara's Sri Lankan cricket team will be one of the three international teams (the other two being South Africa and Bangladesh) to undertake the trials with coloured cricket balls, this was revealed by MCC's media official Neil Priscott.

Speaking exclusively to this scribe from Lord's, Priscott said, "We are currently testing this dye infusion technique with pink and white cricket balls, so we await the results on that. In terms of practical testing of coloured cricket balls, MCC is hopeful that pink cricket balls will be tested in match conditions in countries such as Sri Lanka, South Africa and Bangladesh over the coming UK winter, in order for us to make an assessment and recommendation for their potential use in a day/night Test match".

"The MCC, in association with London's Imperial College, has initiated a research, where coloured dye is injected into cricket balls to ensure that discolouration does not take place on the field of play (which the white ball greatly suffers from)", he further revealed.

"MCC would agree that the pink ball must be tested in domestic cricket before it is used in Test match cricket, Test cricket being the pinnacle of the game".
"The rationale behind holding the D/N test match is to curb the falling Test match attendance worldwide", he signed off.

A new chapter will be added in the history of Test cricket when England take on minnows Bangladesh in a Day / Night Test match during Bangladesh's tour of England in the coming summer. The venue for this historic clash has not yet been finalised by the ECB and it will be done so once the ECB receives the green signal from the ICC.
Part of this unique showdown will be Jamie Siddons, the Tigers' coach, who would have preferred to play against England in the months of July or August. (The matches are, however, scheduled for May-June 2010). Seemingly excited at the prospect o a Day and Night Test match, he said, "Lords would be a great and fitting venue for such a historic match". When quized why was Bangladesh chosen for this experiment D/N Test and what are the chances of the Tigers humbling the Poms in their own backyard, Siddons jokingly replied that his boys would emerge victorious under three days and had no clue why Bangladesh was chosen to play against England.
http://www.dailymirror.lk/DM_BLOG/Se...px?ARTID=62999

If were going to play in the match at lords might as well get as much practice with the pink ball as much as possible. Maybe even learn some new tricks to make the rest of the world mad.

Old September 28, 2009, 05:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

lack of floodlights would be a concern tho
Old September 28, 2009, 07:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Taking part in historical day night match will be a historical wrong decision for bangladesh!!! It is not good to be in negative side of history.If the test is day night and ball is pink i see better chance for England to have a good performance cause:
1)British will judge the total situation with full experiment.
2) They will have full practice with pink ball.Should we have proper and practice with pink ball? I really doubt about it.
3) They will have proper match practice with flood lights.Will we be able to give all necessary practice to our test players?
I dont want to be negative part of history.So as our board has decided to take part in D/N test then it is their duty to provide all fascility to our players to cope with the new situation.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old September 28, 2009, 08:22 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mashrafee and Enamul jr

y is ICC testing everything with BD?
Old September 28, 2009, 11:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

If BCB decide to use pink ball for our domestic cricket than it will be a wise decission as preperation for D/N test with pink ball in England.
Old September 29, 2009, 12:33 AM
Test Cricketer

I dont know y we always have to be such fuzzy.....

I think its a great opportunity to be part of history......100 years down the line.... we will be recalled by history for being one of the two teams to be part of the historic 1st day nd night test.

but, i am concerned of playing in eng in early summer which is very dicy
Old September 29, 2009, 01:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

They're gonna introduce pink balls? Please tell me these guyz aren't serious! I was unaware of this development and surprised to learn they're seriously considering it. Is there any other male dominated sport where they use pink gears? and no, faggot sports don't count! ICC's really losing it now. Makes me wonder what's next on their agenda! Maybe replace the white uniform with purple shirt and pink shorts?
Old September 29, 2009, 01:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

some french rugby team a few years ago had a pink uniform and in australia cricket players (as well as players in other sports and refs) have occassionally used pink gear because of the mcgraths cancer awareness foundation e.g. gilchrist wore pink keeping gloves for a match although it wasn't a long term thing. don't they use pink balls in england?

i don't like the idea of pink cricket balls but if they're going to be used in international cricket then using them in domestic cricket would be helpful to the players.
Old September 29, 2009, 01:53 AM
Cricket Guru

I don't support gay life style, but I still find irrational homophobia disturbing.

If pink is an easier color to spot (than red is), why not to use it for a cricket ball?!
Old September 29, 2009, 02:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

last night Sky sports was showing a club cricket match where they were using pink ball. watched for a few minutes. it seems pink ball is better than white one.
Old September 29, 2009, 05:27 AM
Test Cricketer

I guess pink is the best to sight in night if you take away the white (cause the jersey will be white)
Old September 29, 2009, 03:43 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahbubH
last night Sky sports was showing a club cricket match where they were using pink ball. watched for a few minutes. it seems pink ball is better than white one.
I would only say it did not get dirty like white ball.
They should trial it for long period, last nights game was Twenty20 match. I watched a bit last night also, none of the bowler was bowling really quick. I dont know if a batsmen would have problem sighting the ball if a bowler bowls at 85+ miles per hour. It is still long way to go.

Last thing I like to say it does not have comet trail like the orange ball which was trialed few years back.
Old September 29, 2009, 04:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzy
y is ICC testing everything with BD?
only god knows my friend
Old September 29, 2009, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC

Last thing I like to say it does not have comet trail like the orange ball which was trialed few years back.
For me that would make it easiar to play the ball.
Old September 29, 2009, 09:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Looking at the bright side, at least our players will have a new excuse for their lopsided losses...they can always say "Umpires gave us girly pink balls to play with, so we didn't think we're playing a serious match".

On a more serious note, if they're gonna use these balls in international matches, we should use them in domestic cricket.