facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2010, 11:25 PM
BC Editorial Team

This may be the real coming of age of the Bangladesh cricket team. Till now, all the brief moments of glory have been in the ODIs and those in Tests rarely lasted beyond six or seven sessions. This time - it has lasted long beyond that, the revival is not due to an odd batsman or two, and most importantly these is a certain change in attitude and fearlessness (as far as I could understand from the reports and commentary).

Old January 27, 2010, 12:28 AM
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
This may be the real coming of age of the Bangladesh cricket team. Till now, all the brief moments of glory have been in the ODIs and those in Tests rarely lasted beyond six or seven sessions. This time - it has lasted long beyond that, the revival is not due to an odd batsman or two, and most importantly these is a certain change in attitude and fearlessness (as far as I could understand from the reports and commentary).
This team can really make one look foolish !
Old January 27, 2010, 12:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

this is proved again that the coach and the team management don't know what should be the current batting lineup. what's the capability of batsman like riyad? What's the weakness of batsman like shakib/ashraful/rock? Is Imrul the right person for opening? Naeem islam should replace rock/ashraful? Is it better to let Junayed SIddiqi open with Tamim? What's the capability of aftab ahmed/forhad hossain/rony talukder?

The team management and the coach are pure jokes.

Way to go BD cricket team.
Old January 27, 2010, 12:43 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk619
this is proved again that the coach and the team management don't know what should be the current batting lineup. what's the capability of batsman like riyad? What's the weakness of batsman like shakib/ashraful/rock? Is Imrul the right person for opening? Naeem islam should replace rock/ashraful? Is it better to let Junayed SIddiqi open with Tamim? What's the capability of aftab ahmed/forhad hossain/rony talukder?

The team management and the coach are pure jokes.

Way to go BD cricket team.
You sum it up pretty nicely.
Old January 27, 2010, 12:44 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tintin
This team can really make one look foolish !
Well, what were you expecting?

I was expecting us to set India a target of 100 runs, thinking that might be realistic. Looks like I was actually being pretty optimistic.
Old January 27, 2010, 12:58 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neel Here
let me make a prediction here : BD-NZ series will be the closest fought series yet, BD bowling will perform superbly but will lose series to NZ due to batting failure.
It is very much predictable as the NZ conditions are more suited for bowlers than batsman.
Old January 27, 2010, 12:59 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

I was expecting us to set India a target of 100 runs, thinking that might be realistic. Looks like I was actually being pretty optimistic.
I was also hoping for about a 100-run lead too, especially since our best test totals include 345 or 427 in the recent past.
Old January 27, 2010, 01:06 AM
First BC Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnPatrol
My first post, so hi everyone. As an Indian fan I can say without reservation that Bangladesh has improved and there's no two ways about it. I thinks some BD fans are 'too close to the action' to be able to see things in perspective.

Finally, a personal note. As I said I've been watching cricket for 25 odd years. At no time has a BD team playing India got me worried, ever. This one has. I don't say I'm biting my nails worried, or even troubled, but I'm mildly worried. Which is to say I'm taking your team seriously.
Does it encourage BCCI to invite us to play a test series next in India?
Old January 27, 2010, 01:43 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman

now that was very realistic...

if we can go from 51-5 to 233, there was no reason we couldnt go from 290-4 to 400+.

this was a once in a lifetime collapse, something like India's all out for 76 at ahmedabad.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 27, 2010, 01:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
now that was very realistic...

if we can go from 51-5 to 233, there was no reason we couldnt go from 290-4 to 400+.

this was a once in a lifetime collapse, something like India's all out for 76 at ahmedabad.
i don't even know why i expect high performances from our cricket team when the truth is Our cricket players sucks big time.
Old January 27, 2010, 01:50 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

we were 92 allout against nz rmr lol
Old January 27, 2010, 03:08 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I will concede that BD team is improving only when TIgers stop giving us heart breaks. I can't take it anymore. Even the 'Chaka' from the most beautiful woman of the earth would not be as heartbreaking.
Old January 27, 2010, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Hey guys, collapse like these dont happen everyday. England were all out for 51, Aus for 127 etc. I still think our performance coming from a 311 run deficit was superb until a series of brain farts and some Zaheer-asarous bowling.
I know the collapse is beyond everyone's understanding, but despite that every one of my mates had to agree that Bangladesh cricket has come a long way and is improving fast. I still think we are an improved side and it was only lack of test matches that caused us to lose way.
Old January 27, 2010, 05:41 AM
Banned

As expected! when the top order batsman did their job, the middle and lower orders completely failed. Unfortunately Nothing changed!
Old January 27, 2010, 07:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Yes we've learnt to avoid innings defeat. Long way to do though.
Old January 27, 2010, 07:04 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Yes we've learnt to avoid innings defeat. Long way to go though.
Old January 27, 2010, 02:00 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

I feel pretty confident that from now on we will have 2-3 centuries in every home Test series we play.
Old January 27, 2010, 09:37 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: mashrafe mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnPatrol
My first post, so hi everyone. As an Indian fan I can say without reservation that Bangladesh has improved and there's no two ways about it. I thinks some BD fans are 'too close to the action' to be able to see things in perspective.

BD today has one international class player - Shakib Al Hasan. Before we start arguing about this, by international class I mean a player about whose class there is no debate whatsoever. Earlier you could argue back and forth on whether guys like Bashar, Ahsraful, Aminul Islam (names off the top of my head) were international class, or Tamim is international class (Tests) and I suspect the answer to most fans outside BD would be - No. It is debatable whether even Mohammad Rafique was international class. With Shakib there is no such debate. None. You look at Shakib and you know he belongs.

I'm not speaking of Mashrafee who is injured.

Then you have two batsmen who have shown more than just talent - they have shown grit which is crucial to international success. That's Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur Rahim. I have been watching cricket for more than 25 years and at no time have I seen Bangladesh batsmen who have displayed so much application and nerve (Shakib is in the same category). These two could quickly become international class, and should.

BD has one player who should be world class in a year or so - Tamim Iqbal. Of course he could go the Ashraful way, but that remains to be seen. More important, at the top of the order he provides a threat which no BD opener has ever presented. Believe me, I've watched most of them.

BD has finally a pack of medium fast bowlers who, while inexperienced, could trouble many international teams. Rubel , Shahadat, Shafiul - I do not say they are world beaters; but they are a better combo than I have seen in your team.

Of course that could go quickly - pace bowlers have a frustrating habit of getting injured very quickly as you already know. BTW, I also think that your pacers are going to continue to frustrate you, as they frustrate most sub continental teams. But from what I have seen in the two games so far, they just need more experience.

As Neel said, look at the batting line up you're playing against. This is, for my money, the best batting line up in the history of sub continental teams. Think about that.

Looking ahead, I don't think it's any secret that your batting is going to be a problem. Specifically numbers 1-4. How BD does will depend entirely on finding a solution to that problem.

My penultimate point - this team has the ability to fight. It needs to develop this talent but at no time have I seen so much of it in a BD team. Mahmudullah and Mushfiqur proved that.

It's a way to go of course before you can say that BD is competitive against #1-#4 teams in the world. And the road will be rocky. But there is distinct and discrete improvement in the BD team, no question. This is not the BD of before.

Finally, a personal note. As I said I've been watching cricket for 25 odd years. At no time has a BD team playing India got me worried, ever. This one has. I don't say I'm biting my nails worried, or even troubled, but I'm mildly worried. Which is to say I'm taking your team seriously.
i agree completely