facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2018

Old July 9, 2018, 07:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoName
Lol, how would you feel when old-school cricket fans say stuff like that; wanting Ind, Pak, Aus, SA etc in the SFs and QFs :P
Small teams toppling bigger ones is such a heartwhelming story.

Everybody loves an underdog!

Old July 9, 2018, 07:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

I don’t think the gap between certain nations reduced that much due to players playing in various leagues.

I think this World Cup it was matter of top nations not producing the quality that we are used to.

I have no problem seeing smaller teams perform but I want to see persistent and above average performance .

There is a tactical art to football that Roman Bhai and me or those wanting top teams to succeed is craving for . Smaller teams usually fail to produce that .

Though Croatia came this far . Though they have great players with great names .. their game was still very lack luster .. against Russia they ran out of gas 3/4 of the way .. there were no coordinated attacks .. no set pieces .. nothing . Sure they can become champion but it’s not satisfying .

For ex the second goal by Russia against Croatia is something u expect from top nations consistently .. and I watch soccer for those kind of plays .. problem with a. Team like russia is they wouldn’t be able to reproduce that again .. and hence they are ranked 70s and not 1. And therefore a team like Spain should be there instead because they can.

There can be one surprise nation in latter stages . not 6 of them lol

A friend of mine got upset when I said it was good that Japan lost against Belgium .. this wc would be even more jokes . He just couldn’t comprehend my argument no matter how hard I tried . He is a first time soccer follower also :p
Old July 9, 2018, 09:28 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Lol, how would you feel when old-school cricket fans say stuff like that; wanting Ind, Pak, Aus, SA etc in the SFs and QFs :P
Then I have a problem

I know this is called Double standard. But thats how I feel. Cant help it my brother
Old July 9, 2018, 09:37 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Then I have a problem

I know this is called Double standard. But thats how I feel. Cant help it my brother
Haha its all good

Personally the amount of matches I have enjoyed watching this World Cup is more than the last three combined. They were all damn amazing, probably my favourite one yet in terms of sheer entertainment and competition (after '02 obviously), even though my team exited in the QFs.
Old July 9, 2018, 09:48 PM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I don’t think the gap between certain nations reduced that much due to players playing in various leagues.

I think this World Cup it was matter of top nations not producing the quality that we are used to.

I have no problem seeing smaller teams perform but I want to see persistent and above average performance .

There is a tactical art to football that Roman Bhai and me or those wanting top teams to succeed is craving for . Smaller teams usually fail to produce that .

Though Croatia came this far . Though they have great players with great names .. their game was still very lack luster .. against Russia they ran out of gas 3/4 of the way .. there were no coordinated attacks .. no set pieces .. nothing . Sure they can become champion but it’s not satisfying .

For ex the second goal by Russia against Croatia is something u expect from top nations consistently .. and I watch soccer for those kind of plays .. problem with a. Team like russia is they wouldn’t be able to reproduce that again .. and hence they are ranked 70s and not 1. And therefore a team like Spain should be there instead because they can.

There can be one surprise nation in latter stages . not 6 of them lol

A friend of mine got upset when I said it was good that Japan lost against Belgium .. this wc would be even more jokes . He just couldn’t comprehend my argument no matter how hard I tried . He is a first time soccer follower also :p
I do not argue with someone who just started following the game. Pointless.

For me the best world cup so far was 1990 and 2006. 1994 and 2014 were decent too (but didnt like Germany thrashing Brazil 7-1 Although I am not a Bra fan). Not because the big teams made it to the last 4 but the quality of the matches were so much better. In those wcs, I was literally hypnotized and was craving for more even after the tournaments were over. I still get goosebumps thinking about those matches. 2002 world cup must have been the worst and rigged world cup ever. Although that was the world cup that gave us the best Bra team ever played After Pele's team I think

I havent seen a single player this time who scored a brilliant goal. Last world cup, Messi scored few remarkable goals. Van Persie also scored a brilliant goal. This time havent seen a goal that made me say wow.

I think the major teams failed because they didnt play according to the potential. And also the top teams didnt get to practice together much as a team before the world cup. Most players were busy playing for the clubs and didnt get much time to build team chemistry.
Old July 9, 2018, 09:55 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Haha its all good

Personally the amount of matches I have enjoyed watching this World Cup is more than the last three combined. They were all damn amazing, probably my favourite one yet in terms of sheer entertainment and competition (after '02 obviously), even though my team exited in the QFs.
South Korea's blant cheating ruined 02 wc for me
Old July 9, 2018, 09:57 PM
Cricket Savant

More red cards needed
Old July 10, 2018, 08:03 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
South Korea's blant cheating ruined 02 wc for me
Back then I only followed Brazil's matches in the WC, didn't know about the cheating til quite later.

A lot of people say the best Brazilian team produced was late 70s/early 80s during the era of Zico, Socrates, Eder, Falcao and they never won a WC lol. They are remembered as the greatest football team to never win a WC
Old July 10, 2018, 08:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Back then I only followed Brazil's matches in the WC, didn't know about the cheating til quite later.

A lot of people say the best Brazilian team produced was late 70s/early 80s during the era of Zico, Socrates, Eder, Falcao and they never won a WC lol. They are remembered as the greatest football to never win a WC
Zico might go to Bangladesh soon.

http://www.theindependentbd.com/post/154581

our football federation is just good at these things. also setting up huge tv screens for WC.
Old July 10, 2018, 08:27 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

I get that big teams have not made it far in this WC. but this WC has been very exciting for me. had a lot of drama.

hoping for a good finish.
Old July 10, 2018, 08:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Zico might go to Bangladesh soon.

http://www.theindependentbd.com/post/154581

our football federation is just good at these things. also setting up huge tv screens for WC.
That is exciting, hope to see our football team go somewhere in my life-time. Resigned to the fact that the NT men's cricket team will be languishing at the bottom of the barrel for years to come.
Old July 10, 2018, 08:45 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
That is exciting, hope to see our football team go somewhere in my life-time. Resigned to the fact that the NT men's cricket team will be languishing at the bottom of the barrel for years to come.
won't happen in our lifetime. BD is the only country in south asia to not have any age group teams currently. even Bhutan has u-13 and u-15 teams. they all do except us. there is no plan whatsoever. we recently got a coach who was an assistant manager of a 5th division english club lol.

let's just cherish zim whitewash for the rest of our lives.
Old July 10, 2018, 09:06 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
I get that big teams have not made it far in this WC. but this WC has been very exciting for me. had a lot of drama.

hoping for a good finish.
I was listening to a Podcast by Bill Burr. Perennial cynic. He said that he was drawn to this world cup because of the sheer drama and cliffhangers. There will be a lot of new fans of soccer after this WC is over

Take the Japan-Belgium match. I have just about given up on Belgium after the 2nd Japanese goal was scored, and then magic happened. I don't care if Japan is ranked 1 millionth: they put up a fight, the hit hard, and somehow they succumbed to the pressure of being on top with tons of time left.

Exciting!
Old July 10, 2018, 09:27 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Zidane also went to BD right after 2010 WC. He played a match in Dhaka Stadium. He played for MSC and Brothers Union. Argentina national football team also played a friendly match against Nigeria at the same venue. Did our football go anywhere? The answer is NO. We do not have what it takes to be competitive in sports..
Old July 10, 2018, 10:39 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by roman
Zidane also went to BD right after 2010 WC. He played a match in Dhaka Stadium. He played for MSC and Brothers Union. Argentina national football team also played a friendly match against Nigeria at the same venue. Did our football go anywhere? The answer is NO. We do not have what it takes to be competitive in sports..
in term of sub con status we were head to head with India in the 90s..India currently is ranked 97 and if we stuck with football i recon we would have been close to 100 if not under it. Rather currently we are languishing at 194.

With Fifa WC extending to 48 teams and asia having 9 teams we could see India in the wc. Just imagine if we still had that football pedigree as India we could have had a great chance to play the cup of all cups.

I blame cricket for the current state of football..absolutly useless sport which is only played by a couple of countries and one country does all the monopoly. The governing body of this sport is a joke. This sport gave my country nothing but some luichas who use the fame to either get rich selling their country's pride or do luichami with girls
Old July 10, 2018, 11:05 AM
Cricket Guru

^ lol we would have had the Football equivalent of the Nasirs and Sabbirs instead
Old July 10, 2018, 11:13 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

taile ki hobe amader diya? na pari cricket na pari football. hadudu madudu er kono bell nai. ki ek desh e je jonmailam. koshto lage khub.
Old July 10, 2018, 11:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
taile ki hobe amader diya? na pari cricket na pari football. hadudu madudu er kono bell nai. ki ek desh e je jonmailam. koshto lage khub.
LOL. Maiyader shathe prem korleo, facebook live giya shob fash dei. ki faltu desh.
Old July 10, 2018, 11:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I was listening to a Podcast by Bill Burr. Perennial cynic. He said that he was drawn to this world cup because of the sheer drama and cliffhangers. There will be a lot of new fans of soccer after this WC is over

!
there are comments like that every world cup. 4 years is a long time and pppl forget a lot. Every world cup ppl say this is the best.

Your interest is also temporary till the next world cup.

thats' a good observation Night wolf with Asian teams getting more quota from 2026. I saw a portion of a documentary where india is hell bent on making a team for the world cup. God help us all when they qualify. You are right .. going by 80s they shouldn't be ahead of us.

Randomly take few bangladeshis off street who grew up in 80s and 90s and take some from India... Bangladeshis will give them the dholai of life time... many of the bangladeshis in ny i hang aroudn with early days used to give some of the spanish kids who play in small league here run for their money.. they used to get so pleasantly surprised with the skill level of ours.
Old July 10, 2018, 11:41 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Quote:
LOL. Maiyader shathe prem korleo, facebook live giya shob fash dei. ki faltu desh.
Er jonno kobi bole gechen prem korte dui din bhangte ek din omon prem ar koiro na.
Old July 10, 2018, 11:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
there are comments like that every world cup. 4 years is a long time and pppl forget a lot. Every world cup ppl say this is the best.

Your interest is also temporary till the next world cup.
There's truth in there. I remember liking the last WC because of the same time zone with us...and Germany and Netherlands(forgot already?) playing like kings.

My interest in International(WC) football will wane until the next, but my interest in Football will keep on getting better.

With the expansion of the WC, more teams... only makes it better. It is the true world championship. Every nation believes..hope, and all other euphoria associated with such grandeur
Old July 10, 2018, 12:40 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
tai rifat er moton prem korte hobe

meanwhile Ronaldo goes to Juventus for 112m Euros..
Old July 10, 2018, 12:54 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Wow! Ronaldo wants to win with a third club. Just like Lebron James went to the Lakers in hopes of winning with a third club.
Old July 10, 2018, 12:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Wow! Ronaldo wants to win with a third club. Just like Lebron James went to the Lakers in hopes of winning with a third club.
meanwhile Mushy will be in Miami signing autographs for his legions of fans. For $5k. Aren't you going Roey?
Old July 10, 2018, 01:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

:: Asterix or Tintin?

::Tintin Tintin