facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 3, 2010, 01:19 PM
BanglaCricket BPL Fantasy League Winner 2012

Favorite Player: To Bash = AshDaFool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
Who will keep when Jaharul bowls. Oh, I see. He will be the keeper too. He bowls, then runs at 200mph, gets behind the wicket and keeps without pads!
Lol.
He will surely make up to the Test XI. I firmly believe there are lot more to come from him.

Old November 3, 2010, 08:02 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

If Jahurul starts to bowl well, Rahim's keeping position will be safe. And we will finally see Jahurul at 6 as a ALR, where I want to see him bat in the ODI. He will become a true all rounder.

But these guys should not be considered in the XI for their new bowling ability, at least not yet. I have seen BCB do that a lot, consider part timers for their part time skills
Old November 3, 2010, 11:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuziburo
If you bowl occasionally, and is accurate, you might get results.
With their medium pace, they must bowl accurately to Mcgrathesque proportions. And I wouldn't bet my money on them doing it
Old November 4, 2010, 01:49 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

so when will two of our opening BATSMAN will eventually open the BOWLING ???
Old November 4, 2010, 02:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Old November 4, 2010, 05:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: The big hearted ones

Move is definitely positive.....we'll have to wait and see if the outcome is.
Old November 5, 2010, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

it's an unusual move but nevertheless,a good one.however,i would want jahurul to spend more time with JF and work on his keeping.he cant be keeping and bowling at the same time...
Old November 6, 2010, 09:12 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

বোলিং অনেক কঠিন: জহিরুল

Quote:
বল খামছে ধরো। এবার ওপর থেকে ছুড়ে দাও। ও ভুলে যেও না বৃদ্ধাঙ্গুলি দিয়ে বলের নিচে চাপ দিতে হবে। এতে কিছুটা গতি আসবে। বোলিং কোচ ইয়ান পন্ট এবং ফিল্ডিং কোচ জুলিয়ান ফাউন্টেন জাতীয় দলের পেস বোলারদের এভাবেই নির্দেশনা দিচ্ছিলেন। মূলত স্লোয়ার ডেলিভারি দেওয়ার কৌশল শেখাচ্ছিলেন।

উইকেটে বল পিচ করাচ্ছিলেন না কেউ। শূন্যে ভাসিয়ে একে অন্যের হাতে বল করছিলেন। উদ্দেশ্য স্লোয়ার দেওয়ার প্রাথমিক ধাপ রপ্ত করা। প্রায় আধাঘন্টা ধরে চলে এই অনুশীলন। এরপর পিচের ওপর বোলিং হয় প্রায় ঘন্টা দেড়েক। অথচ মাশরাফি, শফিউল, সাহাদত স্লোয়ার বোলিং করতে গিয়ে হিমশিম খাচ্ছিলেন।

শফিউল ইসলামের ভাষায় স্লোয়ার ডেলিভারি দেওয়ার কৌশল রপ্ত করতে অনেকটা সময় লাগবে। কঠিন অনুশীলন মনে হচ্ছ তার কাছে। বলেন,“একদিনের অনুশীলনে কিছুই হবে না। দিনের পর দিন অনুশীলন এবং খেলার মধ্যে স্লোয়ার দিয়ে উন্নতি করতে হবে। রাতারাতি ভোজবাজির মতো বদলে ফেলা সম্ভব হবে না। তবে সামনে প্রিমিয়ার ক্রিকেট আছে সেখানে স্লোয়ার বোলিং পরীক্ষা করে দেখা যেতে পারে।”

মাশরাফি বিন মুর্তজা, রুবেল হোসেন, শফিউল ইসলাম, নাজমুল হোসেন, সৈয়দ রাসেল ও মাহমুবুল আলম রবীনদের জন্য বিশেষ এই বোলিং স্কিলে উন্নতি করা সহজ হলেও জহিরুল ইসলাম অমি এবং জুনায়েদ সিদ্দিকের অবস্থা কি হবে।

ব্যাটিং নিয়ে যাদের অধ্যাবসায় তাদেরকেই কি না পেস বোলিং শেখানো হচ্ছে। আসলে একজন বোলিং অল-রাউন্ডার তৈরির চেষ্টা করছেন ইয়ান পন্ট। প্রধান কোচ জেমি সিডন্সেরও এতে আপত্তি নেই। উচ্চতার কারণে জহিরুল এবং জুনায়েদকে বেছে নিয়েছেন কোচরা। কিন্তু জহিরুল পেস বোলার হতে চান না। স্পিনার হলেও আপত্তি নেই তার। বলেন,“আমি লেগ স্পিন করতে পারি। লিগে আমার একটি উইকেটও আছে। কিন্তু কোচরা আমাকে পেস বোলার বানাতে চায়। আসলে ব্যাটিংয়ের পর আমার পছন্দ উইকেট কিপিং।”

পেস বোলিং করতে কেমন লাগছে? জুনায়েদকে এমন প্রশ্নের পর অসহায়ের হাসি হাসেন। কারোই বুঝতে বাকি থাকে না ইচ্ছের বিরুদ্ধে বোলিং শিখতে হচ্ছে তাকে। কিন্তু ইয়ান পন্ট বলছেন ভালো পেসার হওয়ার সবগুণই এই দুই ক্রিকেটারের আছে। শুধু সময়ের ব্যাপার।”

জুনায়েদ এবং জহুরুলের পেস বোলিং অন্যকারণেও পছন্দের নয়। অতিরিক্ত শ্রম দিতে হয় পেস বোলারদের। এই দুই ক্রিকেটারের মতে,“ব্যাটিংয়ের চেয়ে অনেক বেশি পরিশ্রম করতে হয় পেস বোলারদের। বলতে গেল দ্বিগুণ পরিশ্রম করেও বোলার হিসেবে সফল হওয়া কঠিন।”

http://www.banglanews24.com.bd/detai...15585&toppos=2
Old November 6, 2010, 12:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

^^ Seems like the experiment would end soon.
If the players arent ready to work hard, its gonna be even harder for the coach to purchase something out of them or for them to be remotely successful.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 6, 2010, 12:44 PM
Cricket Sage

^They are all freaking lazy. They are completely satisfied with what they have. And that's what separates Tamim and Shakib from rest of the clowns.
Old November 6, 2010, 12:48 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

It's understandable that people will have different interests and certain skills may not be for everyone. But what bothers me is how these guys are easily intimidated by the prospect of hard work. This team is a bunch of losers.
Old November 6, 2010, 12:49 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
^They are all freaking lazy. They are completely satisfied with what they have. And that's what separates Tamim and Shakib from rest of the clowns.
I'm ashamed of supporting these sissies. We can't hold on to good coaches if they don't get anything in return from the players. This tells me Zunaed and Jahurul are no better than Aftab. They're bloody Aftabs, that's what they are.
Old November 6, 2010, 01:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Ask Tamim to start practicing fast bowling and see what his reaction is. Not many in Bangladesh want to bowl fast. Shakib and Raj did it in the beginning but gave up as too much hard work or something similar to that.

Jahurul is a hard working guy. He works hard for his batting as he is good at it. Bowling is all together a different thing. Just because he is tall and you make him bowl fast is not nice. Pont need to understand that. He should concentrate on Wicket-keeping instead of bowling.
Old November 6, 2010, 01:23 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
It's understandable that people will have different interests and certain skills may not be for everyone. But what bothers me is how these guys are easily intimidated by the prospect of hard work. This team is a bunch of losers.
gari, bari to peyei gese...future is secure...ar kosto kore lav ki?
Old November 6, 2010, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Ask Tamim to start practicing fast bowling and see what his reaction is. Not many in Bangladesh want to bowl fast. Shakib and Raj did it in the beginning but gave up as too much hard work or something similar to that.

Jahurul is a hard working guy. He works hard for his batting as he is good at it. Bowling is all together a different thing. Just because he is tall and you make him bowl fast is not nice. Pont need to understand that. He should concentrate on Wicket-keeping instead of bowling.
I don't think that's what anyone's upset about. People are upset that they don't want to bowl because it's hard work, not because they lack interest in that department. Not wanting to bowl because it doesn't tickle their intellect is fine, but fearing hard work isn't and could very well reflect on their batting.
Old November 6, 2010, 01:32 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

It is a surprise they are for pace bowling.
However, BCB should act promply on these lazy players. Nothing is granted for in this professional sports.
Old November 6, 2010, 05:10 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

stop calling them "loosers or lazy"
I think they r just not passionate abt pace bowling,they came in as btsmen or wkpr/btsmn.
and its not like they r refusing or protesting.
Old November 6, 2010, 05:20 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Stop acting like kids, and listen to the damn coach.
Old November 6, 2010, 06:00 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
stop calling them "loosers or lazy"
I think they r just not passionate abt pace bowling,they came in as btsmen or wkpr/btsmn.
and its not like they r refusing or protesting.
If I remember correctly they were not forced to start bowling. Ian Pont asked everyone, who is not a bowler, who has done some fast bowling the past and willing to learn. Both Jahurul and Zunaeed showed interest (probably among others), but they were chosen both because they are tall and showed interest.

I find it hard to believe that any one is forced to ball just because they are tall.

Fast bowling indeed takes quite a bit of effort, but complaining after few days is a bit of a sissy attitude IMO.
Old November 6, 2010, 07:01 PM
Cricket Legend

If I'd been a batsman all my life, and made it to international cricket purely as a batsman, I'd be pretty annoyed if a coach told me he wants to train me into a pacer. These guys are struggling to keep their place as batsmen (though Jahirul shouldn't be having any issues), and rather than focus on regaining their batting form, they're having to practice something they've never done in domestic cricket, let alone international cricket. Any player would be reluctant under those circumstances. Stupid Idea and a complete waste of time I say.
Old November 6, 2010, 07:04 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

I never heard of them showing interest.
Old November 6, 2010, 07:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

On one hand I know how much harder training for pace bowling is compared to batting, I also see why it will be annoying to learnt a new trait after already played test cricket. But these guys showed interest to become fast bowlers and should give fast bowling a couple of more months before saying "it's not for me".
I doubt that Junaid and Jahurul has such horrible perception of pace bowling, the reporter makes it sound a lot worse than it actually is. Junaid just smiled innocently and the reporter translated that as a cry for help, seriously?
Old November 6, 2010, 07:21 PM
BC Editorial Team

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old November 6, 2010, 07:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricket_king
If I'd been a batsman all my life, and made it to international cricket purely as a batsman, I'd be pretty annoyed if a coach told me he wants to train me into a pacer. These guys are struggling to keep their place as batsmen (though Jahirul shouldn't be having any issues), and rather than focus on regaining their batting form, they're having to practice something they've never done in domestic cricket, let alone international cricket. Any player would be reluctant under those circumstances. Stupid Idea and a complete waste of time I say.
Both Steve and Mark Waugh bowled some very useful medium pace, but, frankly, as a professional it's a very simple equation.

If you and another bloke are in competition for that final batting spot, if you can take the odd wicket as a change bowler, or even just rest the real bowlers for a six over spell, and he can't, then you get the nod and he doesnt.

If you are pretty useless in the subcontinent, but can swing the ball a bit. then you get that last spot to go to England or New Zealand.

And so on and so forth.
Old November 6, 2010, 07:37 PM
BC Editorial Team

I think some folks are overreacting. Anyone who saw Zunaid's patient century against England in conditions that made Swann lose his cool should not be comparing Big Z with Aftab.
More likely they just think it's a stupid idea to convert top order batsman with minimal history of fast bowling into pacers but can''t really come out and say that against "guru-jon".

Posted via BC Mobile Edition