facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old June 9, 2017, 09:52 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 17,388
Default Tournament of the Underdogs

Pak beats SA
SL beats IND
BAN beats NZ

this so far has been a great tournament for the underdogs.

with one of Pak and SL sure to make the semis, things cant get better. Good luck to both of the team.

wish Eng beats Australia and we'll see two underdogs in the semi
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote

  #2  
Old June 9, 2017, 10:34 PM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 2,085

I just wanna see 3 Asian teams in the semis, Ind, BD, and Pak/SL, will send a strong message to them who think subcontinent teams don't do well in English Conditions. This is the first time supporting Poms against the Aussies for a reason.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old June 9, 2017, 10:38 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 17,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
I just wanna see 3 Asian teams in the semis, Ind, BD, and Pak/SL, will send a strong message to them who think subcontinent teams don't do well in English Conditions
Conditions othar than the rain hasnt been like the traditional english swinging

So far its been batting friendly
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old June 9, 2017, 11:14 PM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
Conditions othar than the rain hasnt been like the traditional english swinging

So far its been batting friendly
TBH this has not been a complete one-sided contest so far, bowlers did get the upper hand quite a few times. Not even one 350 been made so far, even 250+ scores becoming pretty tough to chase. I would say it's a very even contest in today's context.

After the 2015wc debacle poms realized the hard way that having Jimmy Clouderson and Co swinging the crap out of the oppositions at home actually taking them nowhere, hence radical changes were made which includes doctoring the traditional English pitches, it was an effort to catch up with the modern day cricket, not like they are doing us any favor offering batting friendly pitches, sub continent teams doing good so far cuz they played out of their skin.
__________________
Kiss....while your lips are still red
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old June 9, 2017, 11:35 PM
Roni_uk's Avatar
Roni_uk Roni_uk is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: May 22, 2007
Location: Dhaka, London, Sydney
Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir
Posts: 15,088

I do not want to see Ind anywhere near the semis - that will send a strong message to the world.
11th June - come on Amla and Co.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old June 9, 2017, 11:39 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 17,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I do not want to see Ind anywhere near the semis - that will send a strong message to the world.
11th June - come on Amla and Co.
if England beats Aus today I don't want India to go through. Its not like I dont want to see 3 asian teams, its I just dont want a repeat of 2015 WC qf. Its India and most likely 50 50 decisions are going to go in favor of them. I just cant handle all the conspiracy theories
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old June 9, 2017, 11:54 PM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roni_uk
I do not want to see Ind anywhere near the semis - that will send a strong message to the world.
11th June - come on Amla and Co.
We will be there baby, we are the defending Champs after all, I will be surprised if the king of soft runs aka Amla scores even a half century tomorrow, guy boosts his stats by scoring in Jamodis and thrashing minnows, goes invisible when the chips are down 😂
__________________
Kiss....while your lips are still red
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old June 10, 2017, 12:05 AM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
if England beats Aus today I don't want India to go through. Its not like I dont want to see 3 asian teams, its I just dont want a repeat of 2015 WC qf. Its India and most likely 50 50 decisions are going to go in favor of them. I just cant handle all the conspiracy theories
LOL BCCI =ICC after all, this recent Rift is just a smoke-screen for gullible people, but it's very hard to deceive wise ones like you, so had to give up 😔

On a serious note, if it happens, gonna be a hell of a match, how many times did you see Asian teams clashing in the semis?
__________________
Kiss....while your lips are still red
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old June 10, 2017, 12:47 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 17,388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy_1
LOL BCCI =ICC after all, this recent Rift is just a smoke-screen for gullible people, but it's very hard to deceive wise ones like you, so had to give up ������

On a serious note, if it happens, gonna be a hell of a match, how many times did you see Asian teams clashing in the semis?
did not mean BCCI = ICC

I said most likely 50 50 decisions will go in favor of India, as we have seen in many previous occasions when we play that these decisions tend to go to the stronger side most of the times(not always)

Since it is India, if a important match situation gets affected because of a 50 50 decision, just like 2015 you might see..scrap it..will see all the BD conspiracy theorist at actions and subsequently Indians coming to defend. it gets chaotic and I just dont want another 2015 case. 2015 this forum was also chaotic

if we play any other team and the decision goes against us, the conspiracy theorists will stay at bay as its not India.
__________________
The journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old June 10, 2017, 12:57 AM
Roy_1 Roy_1 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 21, 2017
Location: India
Favorite Player: Kohli
Posts: 2,085

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
did not mean BCCI = ICC

I said most likely 50 50 decisions will go in favor of India, as we have seen in many previous occasions when we play that these decisions tend to go to the stronger side most of the times(not always)

Since it is India, if a important match situation gets affected because of a 50 50 decision, just like 2015 you might see..scrap it..will see all the BD conspiracy theorist at actions and subsequently Indians coming to defend. it gets chaotic and I just dont want another 2015 case. 2015 this forum was also chaotic

if we play any other team and the decision goes against us, the conspiracy theorists will stay at bay as its not India.
It's a tough and hectic job being a moderator, I completely understand where you are coming from.
__________________
Kiss....while your lips are still red
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old June 10, 2017, 01:53 AM
MHRAM's Avatar
MHRAM MHRAM is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: April 30, 2013
Location: Dhaka, Bangladesh
Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey
Posts: 7,312

Yeah I hate these conspiracy theorists

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:49 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket