facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2013, 12:38 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by zahidnyc
Excuse me riyad had highest score in 2nd inningg against WI where u naeem nasir was flof couldnt save the match , plus he have 2 half century on that series with i think near 5 wickets in 2 test , looks like u dont even know when bangladesh play cricket or not , he have last half century in 2010 bcz bangladesh didnt play any test between between that time rather than 1 against zimbabwe , and one series against WI he missed out due to injury , know the fact bro
there is no reason to compare nasir and riyad, they've both been batting lower order with nasir one spot higher, nasir has done better than riyad, don't comeback and say nasir is only new and riyad is so experienced. FACT riyad has played double the amount of tests (16) to nasir (8) yet nasir has the same amount of centuries as riyad and only 2 less half centuries. riyad has played 17 more test innings than riyad yet only achieved 2 more half centuries than he has.

as far as comparing naeem to riyad, how about we compare naeem batting in the middle order to riyad batting in the middle order rather than adding riyad's lower order feats as naeem is fightin for a middle order spot just as riyad should be doing. in the middle order naeem is averaging 35.71 in 8 innings with 1 ton, riyad on the other hand is averaging 16.91 in the middle order from 4 more innings (12), no tons, 2 half tons.

i think it's pretty fair to say when comparing these players that riyad doesn't come out on top and his bowling isn't good enough to be the reason why he stays in the team, take out his 2 test matches against WI in 2009 where WI weren't test quality he's averaging 65.31 from 14 test matches no 5fers, strike rate 111.2.

Old March 21, 2013, 08:45 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
looks like u dont even know when bangladesh play cricket or not , he have last half century in 2010 bcz bangladesh didnt play any test between between that time rather than 1 against zimbabwe , and one series against WI he missed out due to injury , know the fact bro
Don't make things up. I'm pretty sure you are the one who doesn't know when Bangladesh play cricket, because if you did than you would know Riyad batted in 11 innings after that 59 he scored against England. Don't believe me look at the picture below, and if you don't believe that either, than click on the link and find out for yourself (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings)

Quote:
Excuse me riyad had highest score in 2nd inningg against WI where u naeem nasir was flof couldnt save the match
Ya Riyad became highest scorer by scoring 29 runs. Nasir and Naeem was flop? Naeem scored 26 and Nasir scored 21. If by your definition Nasir and Naeem flopped, than so did Riyad. Look at the scorecard for the 2nd innings of the first test (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/587469.html)

Since you want to compare Riyad with Nasir, let's see how Riyad did in the 2nd innings of the 2nd test against WI. Nasir scored 96, and Riyad scored a big fat 2. (http://www.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/match/587470.html)

Quote:
plus he have 2 half century on that series with i think near 5 wickets in 2 testo
Do yourself a favor and don't make things up. Riyad picked up 0 wickets in those 2 Test against WI. Look at the picture below or check out the link (http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...g;view=innings)

Old March 22, 2013, 07:59 AM
Banned

lol Ajfar.
Old March 22, 2013, 08:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Riyad needs to perform. Period.
Old March 22, 2013, 08:53 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Riyad is very streaky. In other words, he is very consistent. When he scores, he strings together a few good ones. When he does not, he plays like now. His place in the team should be based on his current form.
Old March 22, 2013, 09:07 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

ha ha ha how come Riyad managed to get such an obsessed fan ... or is this fan getting paid to make his case stronger ... Only Riyad and Ash manages to get such blind fans .. I think pretty soon we will see blind fan of Shahadat in BC too .. May be those pretty girls will come and cry for Shahadat ...
Old March 22, 2013, 09:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

hehe, ei Zahid bhai ki Ryad er shala tala naki? ZAhid bhai er Ryad prem deikha Shobha o lojja pabe, hehe
Old March 22, 2013, 09:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
I just wanna say one things to everyoene and all this critics about riyad , bcz i guess bd people doesnt know how to appreciate someone even tho that person just won the whole series aginst a tough team,

Here is what i wanna say if riyad get droped from bangladeshteam than bd will become what they were in 2005 or 2006 team , batting will collapse again and again, probbaly bd might get 1 or 2 win in odi against tough team in every 5 years , just lyk how they used to be trust me

You really mean that??? woww !!! BD managed to win even without Shakib/Tamim or do you mean to say Riyad is a better player than those 2 ? .. Why underestimate our BD team so much? If he performs then he will be there if he doesn't he will get dropped. Simple as that. Nothing in this world stops for anyone. An empty space will always be filled.
Old March 22, 2013, 02:08 PM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Amongst all this Riyad bashing that's going on. It's easy to overlook the fact that he has the highest batting average in the last 2 years in ODIs at 53.77 with the best strike rate of 82.45. Of course his average is boosted by his not outs, but that is what has probably kept him in the Test team.

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/eng...s;type=batting
Old March 22, 2013, 02:15 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah ,sakib tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
ha ha ha how come Riyad managed to get such an obsessed fan ... or is this fan getting paid to make his case stronger ... Only Riyad and Ash manages to get such blind fans .. I think pretty soon we will see blind fan of Shahadat in BC too .. May be those pretty girls will come and cry for Shahadat ...
what make me sad is how come someone judge someone based on just 1 short series where that player was given the service for quite long time , ,everyone is lying about his last test series against WI where he got 2 half century with 62 and 76 and 1 highest 29 run in team innings , but people saying he got only 1 half century on that series , riyad played some of the great innings against team lyk newzeland ,australia , england india ,WI etc over the last few years , it just wrong when people just forget about the past so quick and to greedy for more better
Old March 22, 2013, 04:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
what make me sad is how come someone judge someone based on just 1 short series where that player was given the service for quite long time , ,everyone is lying about his last test series against WI where he got 2 half century with 62 and 76 and 1 highest 29 run in team innings , but people saying he got only 1 half century on that series , riyad played some of the great innings against team lyk newzeland ,australia , england india ,WI etc over the last few years , it just wrong when people just forget about the past so quick and to greedy for more better
read everyone's posts again, we are not judging him on one short series. also can we please differentiate between tests and ODIs, let's not use ODI performance/stats to say he should be kept in the test team and vice versus. as far as tests go, he's done poorly in the middle order his entire career, he's done poorly batting anywhere in the last couple of years and his bowling is hugely boosted by his performance against a sub quality WIs team in 2009.
Old March 22, 2013, 05:58 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Holly sheez guys..... this zahid guy tomader loge moja loitese ar tomra moja ditaso... pura proof, screenshot niya shob hajir... purai osthirrr
and Mr. Zahid.... bhai thamen bohut hoise.
Old March 22, 2013, 06:05 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Am worried man. Sbopno dekhlam next year t20 WC jitmu kintu ekhon shob shopnoi britha. Karon Riyad to r T20 dole thakbena Riyad chara to jitao shombob na..

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old March 22, 2013, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
^^ Scoring in a losing cause is pointless.
But he did score in the match after. Scoring might be pointless in a losing situation but the main thing is that he scored. Don't tell me he had no pressure or anything because BD were on 5/13 for pete's sake. Even in a losing cause i wouldn't wanna get out in that situation. He looked fluent in that match.

I do like Mahmudullah and i except the fact that he is below par at times. I respect people's criticism about him. But to me i think he has untapped batting potential. A good batting coach might bring out the best in him. He reminds me of Mike Hussey a lot.
Old March 22, 2013, 06:55 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BengaliPagol
But he did score in the match after. Scoring might be pointless in a losing situation but the main thing is that he scored. Don't tell me he had no pressure or anything because BD were on 5/13 for pete's sake. Even in a losing cause i wouldn't wanna get out in that situation. He looked fluent in that match.

I do like Mahmudullah and i except the fact that he is below par at times. I respect people's criticism about him. But to me i think he has untapped batting potential. A good batting coach might bring out the best in him. He reminds me of Mike Hussey a lot.
Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against Ullah and in fact I kind of like his put your head down quiet aggression. I put no player on a pedestal and neither do I throw brickbats at then to topple them from it. Sh!t happens even to the best of the lot and they are trying as well as they are able.

Having said that - IMNSHO, if I were to create a playing 11 be it in Tests, ODIs, or T20Is, I can't seem to find a slot for him. I always seem to find a better alternate in an appropriate slot.
Old March 22, 2013, 06:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
So bp u telling stats doesn't matter? Well Ash always looks gd from very first ball every time he comes to bat then why shouldn't he play forever?

U deserve to get drop when u avg 19 with the bat for 3 yrs, whereas other batsman avgs 30-50.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
I never said stats didn't matter...

And yes i except the fact that if you don't perform then you shouldn't be in the team. But i would never class Ash and Riyad in the same category. Ash is a make or break player. In terms of technique Riyad looks like a more solid player then Ashraful. Ashraful is at times too adventurous whereas Riyad isn't to an extent.
Old March 22, 2013, 06:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against Ullah and in fact I kind of like his put your head down quiet aggression. I put no player on a pedestal and neither do I throw brickbats at then to topple them from it. Sh!t happens even to the fest of the lot and they are trying as well as they are able.

Having said that - IMNSHO, if I were to create a playing 11 be it in Tests, ODIs, or T20Is, I can't seem to find a slot for him. I always seem to find a better alternate in an appropriate slot.
That's what i think Riyad sets himself apart from everyone else the 'put your down quiet aggression'. The only person who has that kind of mentality is Mushfiqur. I actually do feel the need to slot him into the every format team (except T20s). He has unique qualities about him.
Old March 22, 2013, 07:16 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

So Riyad's brother lives in NYC...
Old March 22, 2013, 08:09 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Don't get me wrong - I have nothing against Ullah and in fact I kind of like his put your head down quiet aggression. I put no player on a pedestal and neither do I throw brickbats at then to topple them from it. Sh!t happens even to the best of the lot and they are trying as well as they are able.

and imo that's the main reason his spot in the team comes under question. it's not that he's terrible, or a horrible performer, but the places where riyad performs up to par enough to warrant a spot in the team are spots where there are better alternatives. like batting at #7 in ODIs, would much prefer someone with a strike rate over 90 or in tests would much prefer a bowler or bowling allrounder in the #8 spot.
Old March 28, 2013, 01:35 PM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Mullah should not be any where near the team.
Old March 28, 2013, 01:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Hes VC..One of the more experienced players in the team..Comes in in a pressure situation..Nearly runs Nasir out...Plays a reverse sweep..

Test series..Charges down the wicket..plays a stupid shot later twice..

I DEARLY HOPE HE DOSENT GET SELECTED FOR ZIMBABWE SERIES. SISSY.
Old March 28, 2013, 01:38 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Give him a 30 runs from 40 balls scenario, he will hold one end while the batsmen at the other end knock off those runs.
Give him a 40 runs from 30 balls scenario, he will choke like a Protea.
Old March 28, 2013, 01:48 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

1st thing 1st, Drop him from the T20 XI.
2ndly if Sakib comes back Sakib should replace Ryad for Zim series & we will take a bowler like Mosharrof or Enamul jnr in place of Zia.
Old March 28, 2013, 01:52 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Hi Riyad! What kind of shot was that to get out? pls explain!!!
Old March 28, 2013, 01:52 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Riyad's current form.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)