facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 26, 2012, 01:38 PM
Street Cricketer

Favorite Player: mushy

Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haq Bijoy
4. Shakib Al Hasan (C)
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Shubhagoto Hom
8. Dhiman Ghosh (WK)
9. Abul Hasan Raju
10. Enamul Haq
11. Rubel Hossain

I can't believe you and your selection how can you not have mahmudullah?? U most be a joker if it wasn't for his patient batting with tail enders be wud of been out the game long ago. U

Old November 26, 2012, 01:50 PM
Cricket Sage

Atleast one postivive side in these series is the peroformannce of the new bloods.... Naris still new, shohag and Abul (with the bat), Rubel ... they all shown some home for future. Yes Abul failed with the ball, but it was hard to do well with the ball in this kind of pitch.

Nazim failed. But he shouldn't be the first choice ahead of Anamul or Mominul as he was not in his top of this form.

It's the older players (more or less) who failed us again, failed to click in right time or guide the younger players with some consistent performance.

Bottom line, contrary to what some fans thinks, our new breed is more than ready and it makes more sense to invest on them as they will eventually grow and will be part of our long term solution.

If you ask me, we should be more bolder selecting younger players and rewarding any players (old or new) who are consistent performers.
Old November 26, 2012, 01:52 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiji78
Tamim Iqbal
2. Soumya Sarkar
3. Anamul Haq Bijoy
4. Shakib Al Hasan (C)
5. Mushfiqur Rahim
6. Nasir Hossain
7. Shubhagoto Hom
8. Dhiman Ghosh (WK)
9. Abul Hasan Raju
10. Enamul Haq
11. Rubel Hossain

I can't believe you and your selection how can you not have mahmudullah?? U most be a joker if it wasn't for his patient batting with tail enders be wud of been out the game long ago. U

What an ePIC fail now read you XI again
Old November 26, 2012, 01:59 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Without taking a single wicket Abul is in everyone's playing 11!!!!!
A century will change most people's mind. There is no way he will maintain his current batting average, but if he manages to average in the 30's, he will remain in the team.

I hope he goes to Ian Pont for coaching. No offense to the current bowling coach, but Abul could be good with proper coaching.
Old November 26, 2012, 02:01 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Atleast one postivive side in these series is the peroformannce of the new bloods.... Naris still new, shohag and Abul with the bat, Rubel with the ball... they all shown some home for future. Yes Abul failed with the ball, but it was hard to do well with the ball in this kind of pitch.

Nazim failed. But he should be the first choice ahrad of Anamul or mominul as he was not in his top of this form.

It's the older players (more or less) who failed us again, failed to click in right time or guide the yoinger players with some consistent performance.

Bottom line, contrary to what some fans thinks, our new breed is motre than ready and it makes mose sense to invest on them as theye will eventually grow and be part of our long term solution.

If you ask me, we should be more bolder selecting younger players and rewarding any players (old or new) who are consistent performers.
In other words, follow the Australian model. I am (and have been) with you.
Old November 26, 2012, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Atleast one postivive side in these series is the peroformannce of the new bloods.... Naris still new, shohag and Abul with the bat, Rubel with the ball... they all shown some home for future. Yes Abul failed with the ball, but it was hard to do well with the ball in this kind of pitch.

Nazim failed. But he should be the first choice ahrad of Anamul or mominul as he was not in his top of this form.

It's the older players (more or less) who failed us again, failed to click in right time or guide the yoinger players with some consistent performance.

Bottom line, contrary to what some fans thinks, our new breed is motre than ready and it makes mose sense to invest on them as theye will eventually grow and be part of our long term solution.

Agreed !!!
Old November 26, 2012, 04:59 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel
I said that overuse of a young bowler, because he's better than others at the time, creates a higher risk of injury especially on our flat track. I also said that once they get injured, their age becomes a factor, at least with regards psychosomatic impact of the injury. I didn't say that a fast bowler would get injured because he's young. I strongly feel that young prospects like Taskin and Rabbi need someone like Ian Pont to guide them into excellence while teaching them how to prevent injury, before they come into the national team. That, in short is my risk management assertion when it comes to young fast bowlers in Bangladesh.
Agreed on all your other points...and ideally, our pacers should be injury free given they are selected properly. Taskin to me doesn't seem to be a limited overs bowler - not now at least. So he should only play the handful of Tests we play each year. He could still get injured, but thats a risk we have to take. That would certainly not be overuse, in my book.

However knowing the BCB, if Taskin as any success or even shows a glimmer of possible success in one format, he will be forced into starting in all other formats a la Shafiul and Razzak. Even then, I don't expect him to get an IPL or BBL contract, so he shouldn't be too overworked. I mean we play realistically what, 5 Tests, 15 ODIs, and 3 T20s a year?

Shakib is injured and he is neither young (24) nor a pacer. Overbowled for sure. But I doubt he'd have been injured had he just bowled for Bangladesh and not KKR in two tourneys, county cricket, BPL, etc.

So I agree with you. Btw, no Taskin in your XV? Or is this just currently?

#OneTeam1Dream
Old November 26, 2012, 09:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

^Just currently of course. I've had the chance to see him bowl and think very highly of him. I'm sure hell be our most lethal pacer since Mashrafe. I rate him higher than the other two pacers I also believe to have a lot of potential: Rabbi and Shubhashish. I'd like see all three of them spend as much time with someone like Ian in a reputable pace bowling academy to harness their talent before debut. I believe that might create the opportunity for each one of them to make a quicker positive impact with pacier, more accurate bowling and sustain that success. I think they'll also be better in preventing injury with such training.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)