facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old October 20, 2011, 03:13 AM
Administrator

Default New Front Page Article: From Mirpur to Chittagong: An Escape Trilogy

We managed to browbeat Zeeshan enough to get a ODI tour round-up from him. Enjoy:

From Mirpur to Chittagong: An Escape Trilogy
Zeeshan Mahmud

It takes certain leap of imagination to conjure an image of bowling out a foreign Test ranked team for only 61 runs. But it's a myth that would be hard to debunk for the Bangladeshis have managed just that following two defeats by large margin. With Harry Houdini's death anniversary approaching on 31st October, I borrow themes from the master's act and invite all skeptics and believers alike humbly presenting the series this time in a form of triptych.
Read article »

Old October 20, 2011, 11:12 AM

Nice read again Zeeshan.
Old October 20, 2011, 11:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Zee bhai amazing!!!
Old October 20, 2011, 11:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Thanks Gopal.....yippe first to share on Facebook
Old October 20, 2011, 11:42 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Happy belated Birthday. heavy kothar mar patch. I likes that.
Old October 20, 2011, 11:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Gopal dada truly this piece by you is a deep striker for me. I really love the you way paint your sentences, they flow and with a real feel good feeling. Your poetics are very beautiful. You are one damn gifted writer!
Old October 20, 2011, 12:49 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Good article. You and Stuart Law were born on the same day? Belated birthday wishes!
Old October 20, 2011, 01:44 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
We managed to browbeat Zeeshan enough to get a ODI tour round-up from him. Enjoy:

From Mirpur to Chittagong: An Escape Trilogy
Zeeshan Mahmud

It takes certain leap of imagination to conjure an image of bowling out a foreign Test ranked team for only 61 runs. But it's a myth that would be hard to debunk for the Bangladeshis have managed just that following two defeats by large margin. With Harry Houdini's death anniversary approaching on 31st October, I borrow themes from the master's act and invite all skeptics and believers alike humbly presenting the series this time in a form of triptych.
Read article »
Just read the article and I laughed in a couple of places "Bangladesh hit a brick wall. Literally." They LITERALLY hit a brick wall? Very silly.

The article is somewhat missing the point in many ways. the first of which is that the 'escape' as it is called happened when there was nothing left in the series to play for. It had already been lost 2-0. So the win is similar to making a sturdy, locking gate after the horse has run off.

The main thing though was that the Chittagong pitch turned almost square and in two ODIs now, due entirely to that fact, Zimbabwe made 44 and West Indies now 61. This proves that there are no pitches like this anywhere else in the world when it gets wet.

The West Indies are of course without both Gayle and Chanderpaul, their two world class players and the two most likely to be able to bat on such a pitch.

I am all for writing 'triumphalist' articles stating 'amazing' results against all odds, but this wasn't really one of them. West Indies were overwhelmed by a massive spin friendly pitch made worse by weather conditions that were out of everyone's control. Had we batted first instead of West indies a different result might have been the outcome.

Let's repeat the win in the Test Series and let's have a triumphant report in the press.
Old October 20, 2011, 02:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103
Just read the article and I laughed in a couple of places "Bangladesh hit a brick wall. Literally." They LITERALLY hit a brick wall? Very silly.

The article is somewhat missing the point in many ways. the first of which is that the 'escape' as it is called happened when there was nothing left in the series to play for. It had already been lost 2-0. So the win is similar to making a sturdy, locking gate after the horse has run off.

The main thing though was that the Chittagong pitch turned almost square and in two ODIs now, due entirely to that fact, Zimbabwe made 44 and West Indies now 61. This proves that there are no pitches like this anywhere else in the world when it gets wet.

The West Indies are of course without both Gayle and Chanderpaul, their two world class players and the two most likely to be able to bat on such a pitch.

I am all for writing 'triumphalist' articles stating 'amazing' results against all odds, but this wasn't really one of them. West Indies were overwhelmed by a massive spin friendly pitch made worse by weather conditions that were out of everyone's control. Had we batted first instead of West indies a different result might have been the outcome.

Let's repeat the win in the Test Series and let's have a triumphant report in the press.
Thanks for the feedback. Actually it was more on the play of words (first version was a bit different) about 'hitting a brick wall' 'ton of bricks' 'ton by Lendl Simmons which was the proverbial wall'. I get certain license for creative expression, no?

As for the rest of the post, that is quite a different issue altogether which hearkens back some other agendas of yours in other threads.

And if we don't celebrate triumphant results in a fanbased site, who will?

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old October 20, 2011, 03:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Btw thnx everyone...

Okkhoi in this...

Old October 20, 2011, 04:10 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by LBW103

Slightly off topic, and relates to my arguments on 61 celebration thread. This is exactly the point I was trying to make. It hardly erases our WORLD CUP Humiliation and can't work as a cover up. This is some series that no one will remember in 2-3 years. Had they done that on Mirpur pitches, where it wasn't so spin friendly than I would understand the reason behind this excessive celebration.
Old October 20, 2011, 04:12 PM
Cricket Savant

Point taken dillu...

Okkhoi in this....

Old October 20, 2011, 04:29 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Okkhoi in this....
Okay what is this? Confused =S

I am Not Posting From My iPhone 6...
Old October 20, 2011, 04:41 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Okay what is this? Confused =S

I am Not Posting From My iPhone 6...
E aap keya bolti hoon...aap hindi janatu...

Old October 20, 2011, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Happy birthday, and.. erm.. about the article.. yeah.. good one!
Old October 20, 2011, 08:11 PM
Cricket Savant

Heu Gopal you got three big pimples on your right cheek!! put early morning lul/lol on them to cure!
Old October 20, 2011, 08:13 PM
Cricket Savant

garland koi dadara garland koi?

Old October 20, 2011, 08:15 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
garland koi dadara garland koi?
Mia ageey tumar mookher Boron/pimple thik koro, ekta money hoi pekeche ..Dekhte kintoo khub khorap lagtese...tarpor garlic!