facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

View Poll Results: Do you think the so called "Home Advantage" was actually a Disadvantage for BD?
Yes 15 57.69%
No 11 42.31%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Old March 22, 2011, 11:18 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara
Default For BD, playing at home was a disadvantage

What do you guys think? I think the pressure, hype created by fans and the media had a negative effect on the Players resulting in those shocking scores of 58 and 78... Even in away series to NZ and England we didn't bat this poorly... and Shakib and Tamim had impressive records in those series

I think we can all agree that no Bangladeshi team in our short history has faced this amount of media attention and pressure from the fans.

If the worldcup cup was held somewhere else i feel that
-the players would have played a lot more freely and Tamim/Shakib's performance would have been much better
-we wouldn't have selected bits and pieces players for the overdose of spin and would have had a balanced squad
-probably played 3 pacers along with two spinners against stronger sides
Old March 22, 2011, 11:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

i agree with most points
Old March 22, 2011, 11:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

The most disappointing factor about the world cup wasn't that 58 78 runs but for me it was the freaking pitch. Mirpur was suppose to be our very own backyard where we should be knowing to play even if we were handicapped. There is hardly anything for the pacers and yet the opposition seamers ran into our batting order like a house of cards.Take the Ireland match for example, our batting literally lacked the simple knowledge of the slowness and lowness of the pitch ( too many shots played too early). Plus, SA showed us how to play at Mirpur rubbing salt to our wounds. The pitch that was supposedly tailor made for us to which our team was so incompetent to even bank on instead it sort of backfired on us.
Old March 23, 2011, 12:19 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

No home advantage was a huge advantage for us..our players f all things up because of pressure iffty vai talked about but my point is that these are Professional cricketers..are they amateurs?..no..If they all buckle up in pressure why are they here playing cricket?..should go somewhere else and play kutkut...one or two individuals in one or two matches was acceptable but in all matches?..except for the Ned match we f up in every match..only scraped up 2 wins vs Eng and Ire
Old March 23, 2011, 12:26 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

You lost me there, do you think we could register a BanglaWash against Kiwis if we were away?
Old March 23, 2011, 12:35 AM
Banned

without home advantage we would have lost to Ireland.
Old March 23, 2011, 12:47 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

I wouldn't have added a poll if i thought there were no reasons to disagree...
@Oneworld: I was referring to the performance of the recent World cup...

bottom line is that I would trade the banglawash with a good performance in the world cup any day... people remember world cup performances for decades...
Old March 23, 2011, 12:53 AM
ODI Cricketer

"Nache na janle Uthan Baka"...... BD ki team CHU CHU baacha ... je shob kisu khawai dite hobe???

BD team may have created 1-2 world class player like Shakib & Tamim.... but they still dont have the World Class attitude to play at high pressure situation... and hence they are not in the Qtrs.....Period....
Old March 23, 2011, 01:33 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

If you get bundled out at home for 58 and 78, Imagine what will happen in Australian pitches next world cup. I bet they will even lose to the associates. The players couldn't make good use of the home advantage. They are to be blamed.
Old March 23, 2011, 03:35 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by munnabhai
If you get bundled out at home for 58 and 78, Imagine what will happen in Australian pitches next world cup. I bet they will even lose to the associates. The players couldn't make good use of the home advantage. They are to be blamed.
That's the thing... We did tour England last year and didn't get bundled out this way... and SA and England probably has the best Pace attack at the moment. So the question is those scores of 58 and 78... are they a true reflection of our ability... or is this a sign of a side surrendering to overwhelming pressure?
Old March 23, 2011, 10:59 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Morgan and Big Z

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
That's the thing... We did tour England last year and didn't get bundled out this way... and SA and England probably has the best Pace attack at the moment. So the question is those scores of 58 and 78... are they a true reflection of our ability... or is this a sign of a side surrendering to overwhelming pressure?
Our players are impotent.

except for the bangladeshi lara lol
Old March 23, 2011, 02:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

One thing that would have worked our way if we played abroad was the pressure. Before the world cup, the hype, the expectations were ridiculous and unrealistic, people were expecting Bangladesh to win the world cup. If played abroad, no one would ever have expected BD to win the cup.

But most other things worked in our favor, cracking under pressure and performing poorly when needed was the reason why we failed
Old March 23, 2011, 07:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Let's clear out a few things:

The WC pitches were not the same pitches used during the NZ or ZIMB series. Those had more pace, whereas the WC wickets were super slow. You can't play any horizontal bat shots and slogging and sweeping becomes impossible as ball never comes to bat.

This was the biggest stumbling block for us because our batters either play on the first or 4th gear: we either score runs in boundaries, or just try to block.

The Mirpur WC pitches are all about placing deliveries in gaps and we dont have a single batter who can/wants to do that.If you look at SA's innings againt us, i didnt see a single slog till the last 5 overs. That's how batters bat on slow wickets. Although I like Siddons, i blame him for not teaching our batters to shift gears.

So yes, there was no home "advantage" for us, and there wont be as long we have one-dimensional batting game
Old March 23, 2011, 08:14 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nasir Hossain

Quote:
Originally Posted by samircreep
Let's clear out a few things:

The WC pitches were not the same pitches used during the NZ or ZIMB series. Those had more pace, whereas the WC wickets were super slow. You can't play any horizontal bat shots and slogging and sweeping becomes impossible as ball never comes to bat.

This was the biggest stumbling block for us because our batters either play on the first or 4th gear: we either score runs in boundaries, or just try to block.

The Mirpur WC pitches are all about placing deliveries in gaps and we dont have a single batter who can/wants to do that.If you look at SA's innings againt us, i didnt see a single slog till the last 5 overs. That's how batters bat on slow wickets. Although I like Siddons, i blame him for not teaching our batters to shift gears.

So yes, there was no home "advantage" for us, and there wont be as long we have one-dimensional batting game
Thank You for this better explanation. SA's batting was the ideal approach to this sort of wicket which took them only a day to figure out whereas BD never realized this very notion till date despite Mirpur being our home turf. What a pity !
Old March 23, 2011, 07:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

it has been an advantage but it's sad to see that our players can't utilise advantages to their advantage,lol!
Old March 23, 2011, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Pressure got to them. As simple as that.
Old March 23, 2011, 12:00 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
Pressure got to them. As simple as that.
they are professional cricketers..they should know how to handle pressure..and if they say we cant handle pressure they why are they playing sports?
Old March 23, 2011, 12:25 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim Iqbal

yes they are professional cricketers but look at their average age... only 23
Old March 24, 2011, 01:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by mehedi
yes they are professional cricketers but look at their average age... only 23
Bhai, add a couple of years for true reflection of age. The term 'certificate age' comes to mind
Old March 23, 2011, 10:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Baz

HAHAHA! Home advantage a disadvantage, funniest thing I've heard in a long time!

Good thinking, next time we should play in South Africa where the pitches are full of grass,fast,bouncy and dont help spinners at all, and Dale Steyn should be bowling, in front of a full house South African home crowd, MAYBE then we'll have some advantage...