facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 14, 2006, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I guess its okay to do 3 day or 5 day Tablig. But when someone leaves his family for tablig, it is unacceptable. I am not an expert on this but I think according to islam, you are supposed to take care of your family first.

Old September 14, 2006, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Im not an expert. But I think the mantra of Islam is বৈরাগ্য সাধনে মুক্তি সে আমার নয়. I have doubt about those so called chilla. The bibliographies of RasulAllah (SA) that I read, only instance of leaving his (SA) family for ibadot is just before he (SA) got Ohi. I think same is also true for Sahebans (RA) in this regard. i just like to mention that you are not allowed to perform Hajj or mandatory for you even you fulfil all the criteria but one of your issue is marriagble. AFAIK that one is more Farj for you than performing Hajj - one of the five pillars of Islam.
Setting aside, this thread is whether joining Tabligh would be good for Ash. I think it would have positive impact on him unlike Anwar, Saqi or Mustaq. He would learn to concentrate , devoted to single cause, speak by act. If he could learn those in TJ and apply those we could find our Flintoff (intial failure, but proved critics wrong) otherwise he would remain poor man's Vinod Kambli.
Anyway, ASH should try this because this is the only civilised method remain for him.
Old September 14, 2006, 10:29 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

TJ is disliked by many people because many TJ members behave like zealots and frown upon people who aren't interested to follow them. If a doctor thinks that all non-medical professionals are moron, then surely that doctor is a pathetic individual.

Computers are my main interest. I like to get the 100% out of my PC. I care about every tiny details. I may like to encourage people to buy and use their PCs more efficiently. But can I expect everyone to share my interest? Or is it right for me to frown upon them? The are many people who have different main interests and don't care much about getting the best out of his PC. If these people can get their everyday work done properly with or without using their PC, then who am I to frown upon them?

It may not be 100% proper to compare a worldy interest with TJ's interests. But then again, I didn't bring up the scholar analogy.
Old September 14, 2006, 10:46 AM
Cricket Sage

So what is the conclusion then? Is it good or bad for Ash? Should he go for the 4-5 days or 41 days chilla or should he go for the grand 1 yrs chilla?
Old September 14, 2006, 11:24 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
So what is the conclusion then? Is it good or bad for Ash? Should he go for the 4-5 days or 41 days chilla or should he go for the grand 1 yrs chilla?
we will find out after the ICCCT Qualifiers mate.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 14, 2006, 11:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny747
Husband can atleast make a phone call to know about his family.........and can come back home in case of any emergency..........but in TJ, they wouldn't make any call back home, they wouldn't come back in any case.....well they wouldn't even know if his dearest wife is passed away..coz there is no way to contact them if they are in jamaat..............
useless post i know........sorry
its not quite true. ...i dont know much about Bangladesh but here in North America you can contact your family while you are in jamaat...although it is not recommended as it might sometimes distract you...insha-Allah i'll shed some more light on this topic later on
"It is Allah who takes away the souls at the time of their death, and [the souls] of those that do not die during their sleep. He retains those souls for which He has ordained death, whereas He releases the rest for an appointed term. Verily, in this are signs for a people who think deeply." (39:42)
Old September 14, 2006, 11:47 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mridul
insha-Allah i'll shed some more light on this topic later on
Which topic? Ashraful or Jamaat? Or both?
Old September 14, 2006, 12:18 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

Quote:
Husband can atleast make a phone call to know about his family.........and can come back home in case of any emergency..........but in TJ, they wouldn't make any call back home, they wouldn't come back in any case.....well they wouldn't even know if his dearest wife is passed away..coz there is no way to contact them if they are in jamaat..............
useless post i know........sorry

its not true what you said because you can always make phone calls and be in touch whatever ways possible.
Old September 14, 2006, 12:39 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
So what is the conclusion then?
The confusion is whether Ashraful's being with Sayeed Anwar for some time in Tabligh mosque for some cricket tips and Ashraful's 'joining Tabligh Jamaat with Sayeed Anwar' are the same thing or not.

There seems to be strong confusions about it since some people are seriously discussing whether Tabligh Jamaat can be good for cricket knowledge or not!
Old September 15, 2006, 03:19 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney
I have seen people in Mecca and Medina during Hajj talking to loved ones on telephones and keeping in touch, so i assume they can do the same in TJ as well.
Yes, i have performed the Holy Hajj myself.
TAblig jamaat is banned in Saudi Arabia.......Hajj and going on jamaat is not the same thing........You wouldn't get visa if your purpose is jamaat in SAudi arabia....now you figure out why they banned it....anyway excess of everything is bad.......
Now if it helps Ash, then i really want him to go jamaat as long as it takes to get back his form. Look at 10dulker, he got back with a massive century. Really jealous of indians, i wish our Ash can do something like that.
Old September 15, 2006, 09:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv

Quote:
TAblig jamaat is banned in Saudi Arabia.......Hajj and going on jamaat is not the same thing........You wouldn't get visa if your purpose is jamaat in SAudi arabia....now you figure out why they banned it....anyway excess of everything is bad.......
Now if it helps Ash, then i really want him to go jamaat as long as it takes to get back his form. Look at 10dulker, he got back with a massive century. Really jealous of indians, i wish our Ash can do something like that.
The reason it's banned in Saudi isn't religion related, although they try to give religious justifications. The power structure is very careful about not letting people wake up and TJ have a way of bringing grass-root people together. As TJ expands throughout the world, which it inevitably will, look for think tanks of the west to start branding them with the boogy-man Dariwala's next geneartion. We'll have to live a couple of decades for that.
Old September 15, 2006, 10:20 PM

Quote:
But who will do the legacy handling?
Mr. Anthony Mascarenhas, journalist and writer of Bangladess: A Legacy of Blood!
Old September 15, 2006, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pagol-chagol
The reason it's banned in Saudi isn't religion related, although they try to give religious justifications. The power structure is very careful about not letting people wake up and TJ have a way of bringing grass-root people together. As TJ expands throughout the world, which it inevitably will, look for think tanks of the west to start branding them with the boogy-man Dariwala's next geneartion. We'll have to live a couple of decades for that.

I can already feel that!
Old September 15, 2006, 11:58 PM
BC Editorial Team

this is becoming more and more a FC thread.
Old September 16, 2006, 12:13 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
this is becoming more and more a FC thread.
you mean this is a first class thread ?