facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 19, 2008, 01:41 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim
BDFlag Countdown of Success!

During my freshman year, we had to take a course, “How to succeed in college”. No doubt that it was a good course, but exams, quiz, HW made it crazy. Still, the professor who taught us this subject, tried his best to make the class attractive. Upon entering the class, he used to day, “ three years 45 weeks, 11 months, 17 hours 35 minutes 59 seconds remaining of this boring college life…………”

Now being passionate, ever enthusiastic, and proud BD fans, we all believe that Bangladesh is destined to be the World Beater in cricket in near future, and we are hopeful that we will see the ray of light within 5 to 10 years. So why not start the countdown? I mean this time the countdown will be exact and official as I have opened this thread to keep track of our progress and the remaining woeful days in this thread:

Countdown Start Date: January 1, 2008

Days Remaining (Approx): 4 years, 11 months, 23 days.

Progress: BD-NZ test series in NZ: NZ: 2-0

Positives: Tamim Junaed Partnership, Mash-Rajib Bowling, improvement in Mushy’s Keepeing

Old January 19, 2008, 02:02 PM
ODI Cricketer

Wake up!! Stop dreaming.
Old January 19, 2008, 02:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by damalChele
Wake up!! Stop dreaming.
ভাই, সারা জীবন ত স্বপ্নই দেখলাম। সাফল্যের সোনার হরিণের নাম শুনলে আজকাল তো বুকের ভেতরটায় কেমন যেন মোচড় দিয়ে ওঠে। আমারা তো মানুষ। নুরের তৈরি ফেরেশ্তাদের মত ত আমাদের ধৈর্য ক্ষমতা অসীন না। কিন্তু ফোরামের ক্রিকেট বোদ্ধা গুরুজনেরা বললেন, “আর ৫ টি বছর অপেক্ষা কর”। জেলখানার বন্দী মানষ যেমন মুক্তির দিন গোণে, আমি এই সুতায় এখন দিন গুণব। প্রতীক্ষা করব সেই মুহূর্তের, যখন সাফল্যের নাম শুনলে বুকের ভেতর ছলাৎ করে ওঠবে না। এখন উপরওয়ালা যদি বাঁচায়ে রাখেন.........।
Old January 19, 2008, 03:45 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
ভাই, সারা জীবন ত স্বপ্নই দেখলাম। সাফল্যের সোনার হরিণের নাম শুনলে আজকাল তো বুকের ভেতরটায় কেমন যেন মোচড় দিয়ে ওঠে। আমারা তো মানুষ। নুরের তৈরি ফেরেশ্তাদের মত ত আমাদের ধৈর্য ক্ষমতা অসীন না। কিন্তু ফোরামের ক্রিকেট বোদ্ধা গুরুজনেরা বললেন, “আর ৫ টি বছর অপেক্ষা কর”। জেলখানার বন্দী মানষ যেমন মুক্তির দিন গোণে, আমি এই সুতায় এখন দিন গুণব। প্রতীক্ষা করব সেই মুহূর্তের, যখন সাফল্যের নাম শুনলে বুকের ভেতর ছলাৎ করে ওঠবে না। এখন উপরওয়ালা যদি বাঁচায়ে রাখেন.........।

Superb!

Don't worry, the situation is deceiving and only 'seems longer', but its closer than everyone of us probably thinks.
Old January 20, 2008, 12:59 AM

সুর পাল্টে যাবে...আগামী দুই মাসে...
বসন্তের মধু খেতে...সবাই মিলবে একসাথে...
Old January 20, 2008, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

If we are to meet Bashar-Whatmore's goal of becoming a top cricketing country by 2010 we should be winning at least 1 match in a three match series and definetely avoiding innings defeats in Tests..
Old January 20, 2008, 12:11 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD-Shardul
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
My oh my!
are we witnessing some poets in the making??
too good to ignore...

Please carry on, you guys are doing a great job.
Times like this when we are in much need of the "optimist" injections..
and BDS and Obayed bhai are giving us the perfect tonic....

Hope in couple of months time, you guys would prove right.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old January 21, 2008, 10:03 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
কালপুরুষ ভাই, তাহলে বেশিরভাগ ফ্যান কি বসন্তের কোকিল? ছি ছি ছিঃ

And coincidentally, February-March is বসন্তকাল . And SA series will be held during that time.

Old January 21, 2008, 10:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

keep up da spirit,bd-shadrul!
Old March 14, 2008, 08:16 AM
Banned

Days Remaining (Approx): 4 years, 9 months, 15 days

Progress in SA series: need more time, the opponent was just to good, we do not face that quality ball in domestic matches.........
Old March 14, 2008, 09:24 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

hmm. IRELAND up next
Old March 14, 2008, 10:02 AM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
hmm. IRELAND up next
i wudn't be surprised if we get whupped in our backyard..
Old March 14, 2008, 10:02 AM
Cricket Sage

....all those empty promises.....
Khabaniii Bash..... Irish Bash.... thokon Bujba...
Old March 15, 2008, 03:35 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
....all those empty promises.....
Khabaniii Bash..... Irish Bash.... thokon Bujba...
ta r bolte guru
Old March 15, 2008, 03:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I dont know if anyone has read this, but it is a very harsh criticism of BD players, I do not blame the writer for speaking the truth. I hope the selectors, coach and players have read this scathing criticism and do something about it.

Sports
Cricket
Time for some answers
Shakil Kasem

If we could only look instead of gawking, we would see horror in the heart of farce. (Henri Toulose-Lautrec)

Against stupidity the gods battle in vain. (Schopenhauer)

The paying public for the just concluded ODI series may be hard pressed to choose the option of their choice in determining how exactly the home team acquitted itself the last week.

It is said cricket is a game of chance because it begins with a toss. By this logic, South Africa stood less to gain since they were at the receiving end of the coin falling always in favour of the Bangladesh captain, who bless his soul did at least one thing right by calling correctly thrice in a row. But alas, the rest was not history, so to say.

The inherent farcical story began the moment Bangladesh chose to bat each time in the three ODI's. Such was the sheer magnitude of the ineptness and incompetence displayed by the Tigers that the rest of the country rivetted to the on going antics on the field, were shell shocked by the sheer horror of it all. Not once did the home team come even remotely close to getting two hundred runs on the board. Although, the captain and the team management spared no pains in informing anybody and everybody within earshot or to those who cared to listen anyway, that even 230 runs on the board would just about suffice to put the fear of god into the side batting second. This assertion was somewhat tempered by the time the second and third ODI came around, to how comfortable we were likely to be in the driver's seat if we just batted all of the 50 overs we were entitled to.

The fact that in the end we could achieve neither only reinforced the belief that we are still struggling to perfect the art of chewing gum and crossing the street at the same time. Collective hara-kiri was given a new meaning as each batsman to a man devised newer and more ingenious methods of gifting wickets to the South African bowlers. Here is a group of returning tourists who are now firmly convinced Christmas in this part of the world comes twice a year. Here was oriental hospitality gone haywire for sure.

While the accusing fingers were justifiably pointed at the batsmen, their bowling compatriots were not above reproach either. Of the 30 wickets on offer the bowling armada managed a princely catch of just 7 in the three matches.

Our usually high degree of national naivete notwithstanding, in the sense that we will either look for the non existent needle in the haystack or simply look the other way even when the most obvious of reasons punches us squarely in the jaw, the time has surely come when we need to ask some hard questions.

For a start, how much of a price are we attaching to the Bangladesh cap? Has it devalued itself to a level that it can now be handed over willy-nilly to every Tom, Dick and Abdul who can tell one end of a cricket bat from another? Otherwise, how else does one explain the shenanigans of the succession of young batsmen finding themselves in the national team and not having a clue to what they are meant to do and why they are there in the first place. Bangladesh have been around in the international scene for quite sometime now with about 200 matches under their belt. Is it too much to expect that the team be atleast perceived to be playing cricket in the manner it should be played?

Let us not kid ourselves anymore, we are fast approaching the status of being considered the Clown Princes of the game. For too long we have allowed these individuals to enjoy their joyrides at the expense of national pride and cricketing credibility. It is time they are made familiar with a certain term that is called in cricket parlance, performance. The constant reminders that we are capable of being with the best because we have some time in the dim past actually beaten one or two of the big powers of the game are just that, a dim memory. Or to put it more bluntly, courtesy a Hungarian proverb; even a blind chicken can find a piece of grain sometime.

Cricket is a game where benefit of doubt used to be a concept of considerable significance at one time. Not anymore. Bangladeshis by nature have always been considered to be a mercurial race, prone to be volatile at times even at the drop of a hat. Patience had never been our strong point. The fact that we have been so accommodating to our cricket team and all those connected with it over the years has been more an aberration than the norm. The so-called Tigers may not have any pride in whatever they may think they are doing. But, we do, and make no mistake our pride is wounded.

Fans, what are your conclusions? This is the naked, stark truth IMO, so how can we have a countdown to success? BD has to start playing cricket as it should be played and start wnning games, and they have to start now.
Old March 15, 2008, 04:31 PM
Banned

Quote:
Fans, what are your conclusions? This is the naked, stark truth IMO, so how can we have a countdown to success? BD has to start playing cricket as it should be played and start wnning games, and they have to start now.
Who is this Shakil Kasem? Has this guy visited this thread?
Old March 15, 2008, 04:41 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
I dont know if anyone has read this, but it is a very harsh criticism of BD players, I do not blame the writer for speaking the truth. I hope the selectors, coach and players have read this scathing criticism and do something about it.

The constant reminders that we are capable of being with the best because we have some time in the dim past actually beaten one or two of the big powers of the game are just that, a dim memory. Or to put it more bluntly, courtesy a Hungarian proverb; even a blind chicken can find a piece of grain sometime.
thanks
IMO, Not so harsh, Echos most of the fans emotions. Definitely mine too