facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 14, 2003, 07:44 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default BBC: Mashud hopes for improvement

Bangladesh captain Khaled Mashud
pointed the finger at his batsmen for the
second match in a row after his side were
humbled by Sri Lanka.

The match was effectively over after the first
over as Bangladesh slumped to five for four
following a Chaminda Vaas hat-trick.

In their first match, the Tigers were turned
over by Canada after another batting
collapse.

"We made early mistakes like the last game against Canada," Mashud said.

"We are capable of doing better than this, but the batting is just not working.

"Vaas was very good, but we could not build a partnership after those early strikes."

Bangladesh were all at sea against the bounce and movement of the Sri Lanka attack, but
Mashud refused to blame the pitch.

"The wicket was really good
but it was a bad day again
for us," he said.

Mashud was one of the few
Bangladesh batsmen to put
up a fight, holding out for 67 balls for his 20.

"I'm trying my best. All I do is try to stay at the wicket as
long as I can," he said.

"I hope we can improve in the remaining games."

Bangladesh take on West Indies at Benoni on Tuesday.

Old February 14, 2003, 08:40 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default From DS

Despite being rocked by Vaas, the stroke-happy Bangladesh batters continued to play ambitious shots and Al-Shahariar, who watched the six-ball disaster, was the fifth to go after scoring 10.

STROKE HAPPY. Like that name.
=============

Refusing to accept that the wicket helped the bowlers a bit in the morning, Mashud said it was a beautiful wicket to bat on.
"I would have decided to bat if I had won the toss. Vaas bowled well, but our batsmen threw away their wickets.
He also blamed Kapali and Al-Shahriar for playing rash shots when they had formed a nice partnership.
"Kapali may have been our top-scorer but under the circumstances he needed to carry his bat."
"Defeat against Canada or losing four wickets in one over against Sri Lanka is history now. We cannot regain what we have lost. It's better to concentrate on our next match."

- Him not making excuses makes him even more different then the tp order bats. If only he was naturally gifted like some of the others (as claimed by many).
Old February 14, 2003, 09:56 PM
Cricket Legend

"I'm trying my best. All I do is try to stay at the wicket as long as I can," - Pilot

Why the hell cant the rest of our players learn from that? Are they just THAT stupid? If our top four scored 20 like Pilot, we would have scored 200! And we sure had the overs to do it in!
Old February 14, 2003, 10:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Default POOR PILOT

I feel bad for the guy. He tries to lead by example. But when those you are leading are too stupid to follow. what can you do? Life must be terribly frustrating for the guy.
Old February 14, 2003, 10:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Default FROM DAILY STAR

The absence of conviction and heart came to focus in the very first ball of the innings when Hannan went for an expansive drive only to see the ball sneak thorough the big gap between his bat and pad and hit the off-stump.

"This is terrible. Even the world's best batsman wouldn't have ventured to play such an outrageous shot", exclaimed Martine Johnson of The Daily Telegraph of England.

The dramatic collapse took only six odd minutes, but the humour that sparked off at the expense of Bangladesh's cricket continued for the rest of the day at the 6000-capacity venue.

Apart from the Lankans, the rapid Bangladeshi submission also made a security official posted at press box very happy but his reasons were different.

"What a relief to leave work before two ( 2pm)," he quipped while contemplating an early return home.

Old February 15, 2003, 03:41 AM
Club Cricketer

Default true...poor pilot.

mashud is trying his best to improve the situation as a captain of a team like BD...apart from the fact that hes my fav. player,i feel really bad when ppl blame HIM for BD's poor performance,its not his responsibility alone...all the players should have that sense of responsiblity and the desire to win.
Old February 15, 2003, 01:25 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা
Default Kidding

Let's make all of them captains. (not that it would help - then they'd get more cockey and lose 4 wickets in an over against Canada).
Old February 15, 2003, 05:10 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

I trust Masud to see an improvement as by 3-4 runs in Ban-Srl match. I believe him dat we'll improve in next match and I wish him the best of luck and would be eagerly waiting to see their improvements....Wish they improve now by some big margins in order to win.
Old February 15, 2003, 08:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Default hope, hope, hope

all pilot ever says is "i am doing the best i can" and "i hope we do better". i like the guy just as much as anyone else, but am tired of the stock answers. why doesn't he do something more than just hope to instill a backbone in the team. it is not a question of beating 4 test teams at a trot, but just playing with some spine. hoping for it will not make it happen.

the captain's comments does not give me much hope.
Old February 15, 2003, 08:40 PM
Cricket Legend

Default at this point we\'re all looking for answers...

but nobody seems to have them. it's an altogether depressing situation.

possibly the only thing that can get us out of this rut is for us to have just one decent innings against the Windies. just one. i'm pretty certain that will boost our morale no end.