facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 2, 2009, 04:09 AM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique
Default Zimbabwe ODIs: Enamul Jr. to replace Razzak

Tour of Zimbabwe 2009: Enamul Haque Jr. to replace Abdur Razzak
Left-arm spinner Abdur Razzak has a strained hamstring and has been ruled out of Bangladesh’s Tour of Zimbabwe 2009. Razzak suffered the injury while batting during the third and final ODI against the West Indies at St. Kitts on Friday.

Fellow left-arm spinner Enamul Haque Jr. will replace Razzak on the Tour of Zimbabwe. Enamul is due to join the Bangladesh Team in Dubai on Wednesday, 05 August and will fly to Zimbabwe with the squad. Razzak would return home to continue with his recovery.

Media & Communications Department, BCB

Old August 2, 2009, 04:12 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Opportunity for Enamul, But I am not so sure if he will be very useful. Could have tried some new guys. Enam isn't great with the bat either.
Old August 2, 2009, 04:15 AM
Test Cricketer

I am not a big fan of enamul either. But I can't think of anyone else who can be a good replacement. perhaps an allrounder?
Old August 2, 2009, 04:15 AM
Cricket Guru

WTF! Razzak has been pulled out of a tour because of a strained hamstring! How long a hamstring pull take to recover?!

The move seems fishy to me. May be he and the team management have realized that he needs more time to adapt to his new action and using this as an excuse to send him home?

Last edited by Eshen; August 2, 2009 at 04:21 AM..
Old August 2, 2009, 04:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eshen
WTF! Razzak has been pulled out of a tour because of a strained hamstring! How long a hamstring pull take to recover?!

The move seems fishy to me.
Why does it seem fishy to you? LMAO

hamstring pull is a very commonw sports related injury and depending on the severity it can take weeks - months. Here is some info for you to read up on.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...ringstrain.htm
Old August 2, 2009, 04:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
Why does it seem fishy to you? LMAO

hamstring pull is a very commonw sports related injury and depending on the severity it can take weeks - months. Here is some info for you to read up on.

http://www.sportsinjuryclinic.net/cy...ringstrain.htm
Thanks for the info. But he came to collect his medal walking on his own feet, right? I don't remember seeing him limping. So, I am having hard time to believe he is having such a severe case of hamstring pull that he has to be ruled out of a tour.
Old August 2, 2009, 04:32 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

In Zimbabwe, quick bowlers will be important. Not spinners. But it is a good opportunity for Enamul to do something in ODI and foriegn soil as well. Good Luck.
Old August 2, 2009, 04:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Thanks for the info. But he came to collect his medal walking on his own feet, right? I don't remember seeing him limping. So, I am having hard time to believe he is having such a severe case of hamstring pull that he has to be ruled out of a tour.
You don't have to be severly injured to be taken out of the team. Some cases are precautionary so that you don't further aggravate an already strained hamstring. If you are on a stage one injury and keep playing with that it will get worse - resulting in longer recovery time (months instead of weeks). Why risk that? Specially when Razzaq is an important player in the team.

Just because you didn't see him limping doesn't mean he doesn't have an injury.
Old August 2, 2009, 04:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
In Zimbabwe, quick bowlers will be important. Not spinners. But it is a good opportunity for Enamul to do something in ODI and foriegn soil as well. Good Luck.
Actually, word is that the pitch used in the series will be spinner friendly. Which makes sense as Zimbabwean spinners are much better than their pacers. Our batsmen are not that great against spinners either. So, our spinners are likely to turn out to be our key players once again.
Old August 2, 2009, 04:37 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

why enamul?

Shuvo would had been a good replacement...

Last edited by Nadim; August 2, 2009 at 04:49 AM..
Old August 2, 2009, 04:39 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blah
You don't have to be severly injured to be taken out of the team. Some cases are precautionary so that you don't further aggravate an already strained hamstring. If you are on a stage one injury and keep playing with that it will get worse - resulting in longer recovery time (months instead of weeks). Why risk that? Specially when Razzaq is an important player in the team.
The management is risking Sakib who is having a chronic case of groin injury. He should have been sent to London, take an injection for his left groin (like he had taken for his right groin in past), rest there for five days and then join the team. But he is being risked for the sake of the team, which makes Razzak's case even more suspicious.
Old August 2, 2009, 04:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee & Shakib

Quote:
Actually, word is that the pitch used in the series will be spinner friendly. Which makes sense as Zimbabwean spinners are much better than their pacers. Our batsmen are not that great against spinners either. So, our spinners are likely to turn out to be our key players once again.
I think Zimbabwean team will put up better fight compared to west indies and i also think that they will be more disciplined in their approach. So i hope that our team does not become complacent.

BTW, good news for Enamul.
Old August 2, 2009, 04:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
If your information is true than it can be suicidal for Zimbabwe. Their batters are better to play quick ball than spin. Our batters will be more comfortable to play spin comparing with quick ball.

Let see.

Last edited by Imteaz; August 2, 2009 at 04:57 AM..
Old August 2, 2009, 04:46 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Good luck to Enam. I hope he takes this opportunity with both hands ...
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old August 2, 2009, 04:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
[COLOR=black][FONT=Trebuchet MS]If your information is true than it can be suicidal for Zimbabwe. Their batters are better to play quick ball than spin. Our batters will be more comfortable to play spin comparing with quick ball.
It's a gamble, no doubt. But keep in mind that Zimbabwe won 2 out of 4 ODIs against Bangladesh team in Bangladesh earlier this year because of their spinners. Now they think their spin department is even more stronger with inclusion of Cramer, a leggie (and that kind of bowlers have shown good success against Bangladesh in past).

On the other hand, after playing Sammy and Roach, our batsmen will be comfy playing Zimbabwean medium pacers even if they are given a pacy wicket.
Old August 2, 2009, 05:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

If someone is a good bowler, pitch doen't matter. We have seen WI pacers being equally effective in spinning pitches. But off course, pitch matters a lot to not so good bowlers, they need additional help.

We have some quality spinners, who can bowl well in almost any surface. A good bouncy picth could make our pacers a bit more effective.
Old August 2, 2009, 05:13 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
The management is risking Sakib who is having a chronic case of groin injury. He should have been sent to London, take an injection for his left groin (like he had taken for his right groin in past), rest there for five days and then join the team. But he is being risked for the sake of the team, which makes Razzak's case even more suspicious.
You can't generalize all types of injury. You don't have any information regarding the depth of his injury to make a judgment that he can take some pills, get an injection and get right back to the game few days later.

They didn't have problem admitting that he needed to correct his action before - why would they have a problem admitting the same thing now?

Me thinks you are sweating over nothing. Injuries happen, team moves on with an alternative, nothing more to it.
Old August 2, 2009, 05:15 AM
Banned

Enamul in the team will give us a psychological advantage, considering how successful he has been against Zimbabwe in the past. Having said that, I also, like Ehsen, think this is strange. There were no sign of any visible discomfort from Razzak during or after the match.

Another comment, for those that think the Zimbabweans are better at pace than spin, I'd say take a look back at the recent matches they played. Not only do they have quality spinners, they also have variety. In my opinion, they are back to international standard as far as bowling strength is concerned. It would be no surprise if Bulawayo pitch(no matches in Harare) is prepared for spin.
Old August 2, 2009, 05:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

would have been good to see shuvo but they went with enamul for the WI tour and they're sticking with him which i guess can be looked at as a good thing.
Old August 2, 2009, 05:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Actually, it is not quick ball, it will be quick wicket. Zimbabwe batters are comfortable in fast/bouncy wicket rather dust covered spinning wicket. Now in a spinning wicket if the bowlers are SA pace squadron (Steyn, Ntini, Kallis, Morkel) then definitely Zimbabwe will be on trouble. On the other hand, in a quick wicket if the bowlers are Indian spinners (Harbhajan, Kumble) than they will find it difficult.

Bowler’s quality and wicket condition are equal effective. Considering both teams are equal standard, I think Zimbabwe will be comfortable in Fast & Bouncy wicket and Bangladesh will be comfortable in Slow and Turning wicket.

Old August 2, 2009, 06:15 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

something tells me this wont be the best BD tour ever.....BD without 2 of their best bowlers.....
this is gonna be tough, but the batters need to take responsibility.
Btw, you never know, enamul has more turn than razzak, and might be able to trouble the zim players....
Old August 2, 2009, 07:15 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Enam is back to torment Zim. Well lets see how he does.
Old August 2, 2009, 07:32 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by billah
... Having said that, I also, like Ehsen, think this is strange. There were no sign of any visible discomfort from Razzak during or after the match...
Did he not need a runner? Didn't Naeem come to his assistance?
+++
I would have thought Shuvo was a better choice thinking for the future. But not complaining on Enam though. Would have been doing this had MRafique was picked. He can still give 10 overs without problem.
Old August 2, 2009, 09:23 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:

The move seems fishy to me. May be he and the team management have realized that he needs more time to adapt to his new action and using this as an excuse to send him home?
If this is true, I think, it needs to stay confidential for the interest of the team and the country.
Old August 2, 2009, 09:25 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Enam is back to torment Zim. Well lets see how he does.
Yeap! Zimbos have not yet forgot the Enam 'ghost'.