facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 15, 2007, 07:38 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
Ashraful: What a start and next thing you know, he threw it away. He saw two fielders there and already got a life few balls before. Still he went with the shot again. Was it arrogance or just plain stupidity?
I think the answer is - mental weakness. Ash is still not mature enough to handle pressure situations all by himself (and ends up doing stupid stuffs in such cases). He looks a lot more stable batsman when someone plays a good supporting role from the other end (for example- Bashar in SL series, or Aftab on few other occasions). The management should not have changed the batting order by swaping Aftab and Bashar.

Old April 15, 2007, 07:57 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Bashar: Well well well. First of all, atleast he was there till the end and another batsman on the other side could've made things interesting. But seriously his running between the wicket was not only way below international standard but was quite comical seriously. 2s became 1 and 1s became dot balls as someone mentioned.
Honestly, I am starting to see the shadow of Pilot in Bashar. He, at this point, wants to take nominal risks while not hesitent to risk his batting partner (he almost ran out Razzak couple of times today). Also, he is consistently messing up the batting order trying to find a comfartable position for himself. I think he knows very well that his career is coming to an end, and in this kind of situations players tend to get very selfish.
Old April 15, 2007, 08:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWatcher
Honestly, I am starting to see the shadow of Pilot in Bashar. He, at this point, wants to take nominal risks while not hesitent to risk his batting partner (he almost ran out Razzak couple of times today). Also, he is consistently messing up the batting order trying to find a comfartable position for himself. I think he knows very well that his career is coming to an end, and in this kind of situations players tend to get very selfish.
I understand what you are saying. Yes he should have come at number 3. He is not the kind of batsman who can take the attack to the opposition batting at number 6. He is the most experienced batsman and we needed him to lead from the front today. But I guess whatever he was doing wasn't that bad as we were very much in the game in last 10 overs when we needed only 75 runs. If he had Mushfiq or Mashrafee on the other end, we might had a game in our hand.
Old April 15, 2007, 09:08 PM
Street Cricketer

We should not play for fun anymore, we should play to win. Therefore, we should hold people responsible for loses such as this. We should setup a committee to investigate and analyze what went wrong and how can we fix it. We should not be afraid to remove people from their spots like Bashar. This what every team does. We should move to a new phase of cricket, where winning is only the option.

I don't get it, why can't Bangladesh play as other South Asian countries. Look at Sri Lanka, there are much smaller than us in population wise and size wise, they play much better cricket than Bangladesh ever dream of. The reason why Bangladesh sucks is because we lack organization and accountability.
Old April 15, 2007, 09:13 PM
First Class Cricketer

*#(#%^#%*@#(*$&!#$^#)()(%....

They win against SA, NZ and INDIA... but ireland.. its bloody ireland!!!!! I wanted these guys to win.. they have so much talant... wasted... IRELAND!!!!!!!!!!! AARRGGHHHHHH.... there is my ventilation... but times it by 10000000000 and for the whole day...
Old April 15, 2007, 09:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Tamim & Sakib

ksjdfskgbksvjbkjvbsakjvbkvjh askjvfkvhfj skafkjavafsjvf akvbkvbkvakbkfjv. This is what I feel like doing to the players of BD for losing against Ireland. But this all out of frustration mind you. I love them all otherwise.
Old April 15, 2007, 09:18 PM
Cricket Legend

I really want to take all the sunglasses of our players and smash them. Those sunglasses are useless. Those who wear those: IT IS THE TIME TO TAKE THOSE OFF AND CONCENTRATE ON YOUR OWN GAME. KEEP FASHION OUT OF CRICKET. BE A PROFESSIONAL FIRST.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ

Last edited by SMHasan; April 15, 2007 at 09:25 PM..
Old April 15, 2007, 09:21 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Why you gonna bring common sense back here ? Ok, I admit, India was a maybe but I knew we were going to get trashed by Bermuda. Still, I gave us a 20-80 to make it to the second round. Since I didn't think Ireland would make it (just like most folks didn't think we'll make it), I thought even if we make it to the super 8s, we'd probably get trashed in 2/3 matches and have some shommanjonok porajoi in the other three. By beating SA< we've already done more then I expected. So, there you go. You are brave enough to ask - "did you think we would be in the Super 8s?", you know how fickle some fans are. Well, my answer is - No. I didn't think we would. Yes, they have exceeded my expectation, apart from couple of players. However, there's plenty of other threads where I can go vent about them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I said it elsewhere but I will say it again.

We made it to the super 8s. In your heart of hearts - did you think we would be in the Super 8s?

We have exceeded our expectations. And we have also failed to reach our expectations.

This is what is to be expected of a team composed of many youngsters who are learning on the job.

We will get there.

My salute to a team that is better than what others think and worse than what we want them to be.
Old April 15, 2007, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Tamim: How many times did we see him going down the track and missing the ball? Well my question is how many times did he time it? I don't remember him timing any balls going down the track after the India game. Did he learn? No. He needs to learn to rotate the strikes. Today his lack of feet movement was very much evident.

Nafees: Give this guy a break. He is out of form and forcing the issue won't help it. He needs to go out and get his game fixed in domestic cricket. He needs some time off from international cricket or we will lose another good batsman. Giving him more chances now won't help. Bring Rajin for the next game.
Tamim Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees' footwork is VERY poor! They were swinging their bats at anything outside offstump without even trying to get behind the line of the ball, or going forward to bridge the gap between bat and pad. With such sorry technique, I'm not surprised our openers never perform!

Quote:
Bashar: Well well well. First of all, atleast he was there till the end and another batsman on the other side could've made things interesting. But seriously his running between the wicket was not only way below international standard but was quite comical seriously. 2s became 1 and 1s became dot balls as someone mentioned. Put some additional pressure on the non striking end and he shows how valuable the experience is. Atleast he was smart enough to realize that if we could play our full quota of overs, he had a chance. If he stays in the team, he needs to bat up the order as some commentator mentioned. He is not a power guy and we missed his experience up the order.
My thoughts exactly! for Bashar and JO.... we all know how limited their shots are, and how slow they are in actually running and keeping the scoreboard ticking! Very frustrating... especially since watching them is like seeing a rerun of a bad movie so many times.

Quote:
Rafique: I guess his experience didn't help us at all. He played a nothing pull shot when it wasn't short enough to pull the ball. But we shouldn't really depend on him to get the runs. If our batsmen are not doing their jobs properly, what do we expect from him?
About Rafique's bowling and field setting attitude: We've heard this before, and now its confirmed in my mind.... The commentators pointed out how he complemented Bashar's already defensive mind by repeatedly asking for Boundary saving deep fielders, rather than stick to attacking cricket. The catch he dropped/missed also belied that his concentration wasnt 100% on today either. That was a really late reaction! If we need a defensive captain again, I cant see further than Rafique

Last edited by ammark; April 15, 2007 at 10:09 PM..
Old April 15, 2007, 11:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark
Tamim Iqbal and Shahriar Nafees' footwork is VERY poor! They were swinging their bats at anything outside offstump without even trying to get behind the line of the ball, or going forward to bridge the gap between bat and pad. With such sorry technique, I'm not surprised our openers never perform!
Tamim actually looked quite good on instances today, but for the most part of his innings, he was restless. Well, his restlessness can be attributed to lack of experience. Also, I don't think he faced this kind of wicket in his life before (before the England match), so I am willing to cut him some slack here. I still think Tamim is, technique-wise, the best opening batsman in our side.
Old April 15, 2007, 11:35 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Saddened, not shattered.
Sh*t happens.

Simple solution.
Redeem yourselves.

We still got one more game to play.
As unpredictable as we are becoming...i still believe if we get our acts together, we can pull it off against a even fragile looking West Indians.

After all we seems to perform best right after our worst...
isnt it?

Time to finish things on a higher note.

C'mon Tigers.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old April 15, 2007, 11:40 PM
Test Cricketer

We have to remember that however bad or angry we feel, the guys in the team feel much much worse, have some sympathy for them, they are trying their best, and most of them are very very young. They'll come good, it will just take a little more time than we expected, there's no way but up.
Old April 16, 2007, 12:40 AM

Losing a game is ok, but losing most of the game pathetic way is nothing but crap. Moving to super 8 doesn't allow automatic to play bellow par! Lack of experience is one thing, but lack of commitment is crap, and that's where fans frustration come from. This team has the ability, but wasted big chances in this WC, moving to super 8 doesn't take away that fact. I am happy for achieving super 8 games, but frustrated for wasting opportunities to perform better, cant change that fact.
Old April 16, 2007, 12:55 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
It's surprising how everyone fires at Bashar for every loss. The match is played with 11 players, not 1. So first, get that straight.
Bashar ja dekhailo, tatey to most logical manush rao logic haray felbe. Bhai, ajker haar er jonno more than 50% responsibilty falls on Bashar. Dont deny that, please sir. He lost his touch... he is just not leading from the front, which is what you need for such a young team as ours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
And second, this is not lojjajonok. Learn how to accept losses. This is the same team that beat Pakistan, and made their spot in Super 8s. They've rightly qualified themselves. We lost to a team who has given us a good pitani. Accept it, and congratulate them. And next time, hope for the best, but get ready for the worst.
Old April 16, 2007, 06:34 AM
Cricket Legend
WC 2015 Fantasy Winner

Jhalo Jhalo Agun Jhalo
I had to say that again after come back to work and met with my irish friends.
Pardon Me sir.
Old April 16, 2007, 08:30 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tareq Aziz

DHOIRA MAIR DEO SHOBGULUREY!
Old April 16, 2007, 09:52 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

I think we need more experience players in the team to cut down these inconsistency. I think if some one gave rokon the license to go bezeark like tamim he could do what tamim did or better.
So I think these players needs to be in the team sooner than later
1. ROKON
2. TUSHER IMRAN
3. KAPALI

Players need to get drop after WC
1. SN
2. AFTAB
3. BASHAR
3. Rubel Hossain: Corey J A bowled; BB McCullum caught; JDS Neesham caught
Taijul Islam: T Panyangara bowled; J Nyumbu lbw; TL Chatara bowled
Taskin Ahmed: DAS Gunaratne c Soumya; Lakmal c fiz; Pradeep bowled
Old April 16, 2007, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

well i'm definitely disappointed, but not all that frustrated because this isn't the first time that we've lost to an associate (from the akram khan interview - "harte harte obbhash howe gese" ). besides, this has been a good world cup so far and even teams like south africa, india and pakistan have lost to weaker teams. losing to kenya and canada in 2003 were not upsets, because that's how bad we used to be back then, but the loss yesterday was definitely a one-off.

it's just a game, there's really no need to go overboard with emotions.
Old April 16, 2007, 10:19 AM
Test Cricketer

BD is a minnow team...no matter what we say, think or expect...we are second tier team...yesterday if you see how they dropped the catches, will make you agree with me. No teams in WC super 8 performed so horrible and inconsistent. Our batting was horrible and our openners depend on luck. Tamim's swinging his bat without using his feet was so horrible, we can clearly find huge difference how other left handers from top teams play. They have to realize hitting two to three fours in 2 overs and hitting a big six, won't help them score good and overall help build team's innings. Not sure if a batting coach will solve this problem.

Our bowling was so ordinary as SLA attack becomes good some time but if the pitch is not spin friendly we are bound to be in trouble with this bowling attack, and on top of it we are playing our last match same pitch, I bet we will lose this match too. If we bat first we will collapse, if we bowl first our spinners will be less effective.
Do you still want to have a dream with this type of team..you tell me. I think ICC will take an action for our loss against IRE, and if we do the same with IND and SL in series, don't be surprised to see the same result.

I think Sakib and Ashraful's out were the turning point of the game...and other batsmen played to their 'calibre'...none of them can stay in the crease for more than 35+ runs. If you blame youth for this, I will say 'grow up' to these youthful "cricketers" and work hard to be a "man".
Old April 16, 2007, 10:36 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

This defeat is hard to digest. With all our experience we really should have played better. Ireland played much better cricket on the day. They deserved the win.

I am disappointed at the application and discipline of our batsmen in particular. Even in this World Cup, time after time the batsmen have gifted their wickets away. I expected more from the likes of Aftab and Nafees.
Old April 16, 2007, 10:40 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: nadif chowdhury

Oh man...Ireland played sooo well yesterday, I feel bad taking anything away from their tremendous win...even so, this must be done for my own satisfaction...

I WANT TO KILL THE TEAM, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!!!! (minus mushy and sakib...i'm just incapable of thinking them harm yet...which just contradicts my previous statement of every single one of them)

man, we played like ****...absolute crap ****..tamim is another adolescemt with too much testoterone that all he wants to see is a ball out of the park...it like boosts his ego...

ash played well, but i'm fuming angry at him especially (misguided anger, i know i know...im only a kid..)..he played that identical shot only 3-4 balls back to be nearly caught!!! He seriously reminded me of Dhoni's dumb indiscretion in a Test against England...dropped by Monty only to play the same shot next ball and get out...

aftab seriously needs to set his priorities set...does he want a short cameo, go in and blast a few and get out even when he could go on and make a big one?

Nafees...i dunno what to say anymore...

Habibul...he's gotten enough flak from everyone..i'll be mild and say he needs a captaincy coach..

Sakib and Mushy...I didnt watch Mushy's dismissal, so cant comment..but i think he was the sole bright spot and encourager in the field...and Sakib's dismissal was unfortunate....bowling not horrible..he's supposed to be a stock bowler, in my opinion anyway...or maybe i just support these two too much...

mashrafe...i would have liked to see the penetration and the pace he had against india...

rafiq...he was the senior pro, i expected more...MUCH more...in terms of batting AND bowling..he has opened for BD before...he, at least, should have tried to reestablish resistance...

Raj, I didnt watch too much of him...bowling was uncommendable...

Shahadat...need i say anything?! ?!!!??!?!?!?! then again, maybe he wasnt prepared himself...

the fielding was DISGUSTINGLY horrible...my friends were all shocked when i told them this morning that bdesh fielded like this..Even being Indian, they always thought BD fielding to be amongst the best in the tourny...

I'm just disgusted at the meek defeat...

Then again, congrats with full honours to the Irish. We gave them an opportunity and they grabbed it with both hands (and feet too..:P)....
Old April 16, 2007, 11:46 AM
First Class Cricketer

I predicted Bangladesh will lose as soon as i saw the line up, still hoping us to win. But, after the loss, i think i should say this. Team selection was as worse as it can get.
1. Picking out of form SN, and letting him play again in a WC match. Now, his confidence is really down and definitely need to get some run against INDIA.
2. Since Rasel was out, they had to go for less capable SH, who may not finish 10 overs, then why they didn't pick Reza to chip in some over.
3. And why not let mushfiq open, i know commentator said this boy has the propoer technique to defend against the rising ball, which is getting right behind the ball.
4. then comes poor captaincy, playing way too defensive then attacking the lower rank team.
And ponting knows our defensive strategy since he is a captain himself and he was right in money. He didn't want to say the exact words that Ireland will beat us, giving him the luxury of avoiding any more question.
Old April 16, 2007, 11:48 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

I have no frustration. hats off to Ireland for dominating the game from start to finish.

We will rebound as we always do. (I am just enjoying WC)
Old April 16, 2007, 12:16 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mullah, Fizz, SS

if bd wins i m with them...
if they lose,i will say its only a GAME,
so better to be proud than feeling SHAME,
and my love to them,will remain SAME.

Junior
Old April 16, 2007, 12:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Bashar, tui deshe aile keo vat khaite plate dibo na kashar. let alone others.