facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 27, 2015, 11:39 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team
Default My BC Anniversary

Completed 8 years in Bangla Cricket Today 27 March 2015 Long time for an annonymous entity & having been treated as an allien Rightly so, bcoz I preferred that....

Enjoyed my stay & expressed myself freely on various issues. Sometimes to generate discussions, sometimes for fun, sometimes serious & sometimes passionate ... Sometimes just read through topics to know others POV.I must say, that I have mostly agreed than disagreed, although one might have a different feelings going by my posts, since I have generally posted my disagreements & remained silent where agreed, unless there was something to add.

Thanks everyone on BC for tolerating me for 8 years

Have shared some great moments of "Bangladesh Cricket" with so many Fans, over last 8 years. Those will always be in memory

Thanks a lot guys

[You may share your BC anniversary message on this thread.....would love to read]

Old March 27, 2015, 01:10 PM

I just realized that I'm coming up on my 10th! A decade in BC!

Waste of life? You be the judge.

ps: I joined back then just to follow up on Bangladesh's tour of England in 2005. Sham was in London at the time and covered a bit of the tour. That was when Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed and Shahriar Nafees blossomed into the fold. Someone at the time posted links to some county club website where they had hosted basic highlight videos of Bangladesh's practice match against them.

But I have to say, I got hooked onto BC for the amazing people participating here. I've found some extremely witty, intelligent, insightful, progressive, erudite, articulate people here who really piqued my then undergrad inquisitive mind. Shout out to:
Arnab, Orpheus, fab, mona, fwullah, mwrkhan, BushidoTiger, pagol_chagol, James90, rafiq, billah, AsifTheManRahman, Sham, Shubho, Yameen, Al_furqaan, Pompous, Fazal, babubangla, Tokai, FaltuRidwanBhai, AgentSmith, Navarene, SS, Cats_Eye, Faceoff, Ahmed_B, RazabQ, Dhurr, thebest, gatekeeper, reinausagi, Nasif, chinaman, reverse_swing, Carte_Blanche, oracle, Rajputro, Tintin, Tehsin.
You guys got me hooked!

then there was hatebreed, and sherlockhomes, Sydney, Kabir, Mahir, Nocturnal, Miraz and MohammedC, i_knockout_u, sovik, allrounder, cricman, tonoy, cricket_pagol, kalpurush, Shark_fin, layperson,BanCricFan, offstump and so many others....

pps: and of course, Boss
Old March 27, 2015, 03:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Completed 8 years in Bangla Cricket Today 27 March 2015 Long time for an annonymous entity & having been treated as an allien Rightly so, bcoz I preferred that....

Enjoyed my stay & expressed myself freely on various issues. Sometimes to generate discussions, sometimes for fun, sometimes serious & sometimes passionate ... Sometimes just read through topics to know others POV.I must say, that I have mostly agreed than disagreed, although one might have a different feelings going by my posts, since I have generally posted my disagreements & remained silent where agreed, unless there was something to add.

Thanks everyone on BC for tolerating me for 8 years

Have shared some great moments of "Bangladesh Cricket" with so many Fans, over last 8 years. Those will always be in memory

Thanks a lot guys

[You may share your BC anniversary message on this thread.....would love to read]
I'm curious to know what are your top 8 memorable moments/posts?
Old March 27, 2015, 05:54 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ammark

ps: I joined back then just to follow up on Bangladesh's tour of England in 2005. Sham was in London at the time and covered a bit of the tour. That was when Ashraful, Aftab Ahmed and Shahriar Nafees blossomed into the fold. Someone at the time posted links to some county club website where they had hosted basic highlight videos of Bangladesh's practice match against them.

But I have to say, I got hooked onto BC for the amazing people participating here. I've found some extremely witty, intelligent, insightful, progressive, erudite, articulate people here who really piqued my then undergrad inquisitive mind. Shout out to:
Arnab, Orpheus, fab, mona, fwullah, mwrkhan, BushidoTiger, pagol_chagol, James90, rafiq, billah, AsifTheManRahman, Sham, Shubho, Yameen, Al_furqaan, Pompous, Fazal, babubangla, Tokai, FaltuRidwanBhai, AgentSmith, Navarene, Shark_fin, SS, Cats_Eye, Faceoff, Ahmed_B, RazabQ, Dhurr, thebest, gatekeeper, reinausagi, Nasif, chinaman, reverse_swing, Carte_Blanche, oracle, Rajputro, Tintin, Tehsin.
You guys got me hooked!

then there was hatebreed, and sherlockhomes, Sydney, Kabir, Mahir, Nocturnal, Miraz and MohammedC, i_knockout_u, sovik, allrounder, cricman, tonoy, cricket_pagol, kalpurush, Shark_fin, BanCricFan, offstump and so many others....

I am surprised you didn't mention Sohel bhai or me. LOL
Old March 27, 2015, 06:04 PM
Cricket Savant

^^Zeeshan , you are irrelevant.
Old March 27, 2015, 08:44 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Zeeshan u came late....Ammar list is what created bc... those are the A team... I miss those days too....

Nothing is as interesting now as those days... I was addicted back then too...

And I always thought Ammar would end up with a hot gf .. (irrelevant comment)
Old March 27, 2015, 10:15 PM
Administrator

He did. Made her his wife.
Old March 28, 2015, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
I am surprised you didn't mention Sohel bhai or me. LOL
You guys didn't arrive till much later

Add Spitfire_x86, Beamer, Poorfan and VladMamu to my shout out list.
Old March 28, 2015, 02:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
He did. Made her his wife.
So you are the best judge, if that made your life or waste

Quote:

Arnab, Orpheus, fab, mona, fwullah, mwrkhan, BushidoTiger, pagol_chagol, James90, rafiq, billah, AsifTheManRahman, Sham, Shubho, Yameen, Al_furqaan, Pompous, Fazal, babubangla, Tokai, FaltuRidwanBhai, AgentSmith, Navarene, SS, Cats_Eye, Faceoff, Ahmed_B, RazabQ, Dhurr, thebest, gatekeeper, reinausagi, Nasif, chinaman, reverse_swing, Carte_Blanche, oracle, Rajputro, Tintin, Tehsin.
You guys got me hooked!

then there was hatebreed, and sherlockhomes, Sydney, Kabir, Mahir, Nocturnal, Miraz and MohammedC, i_knockout_u, sovik, allrounder, cricman, tonoy, cricket_pagol, kalpurush, Shark_fin, layperson,BanCricFan, offstump and so many others....

I got many of the above, in 2007 when I came in; forum was much more active and a lots of reasoning & speculations used to go on, as those wre still early days.

10 years is a long time our cricket has also come a long way from where we were in 2005, despite all the mismanagements. Don't know if thats a natural progress or we did somethings right ".....but there is surely some progress.
Old March 28, 2015, 02:17 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I'm curious to know what are your top 8 memorable moments/posts?
Memorable moments in a positive sense is still a few I guess........ But Team wise pleasant moments were 1) Home series win agains Zim 2) Home series win against NZ, 3) Winning Away Against Zim 4) Winning Away WI Series 5) Taim's Test Centuries in Eng 6) Shakib's Rise As Best Alrounder 7) Asia Cup in Dhaka 2012 8) World Cup 2015

But the most painful and frustrating time, I'll always remember, that kept the forum busy with relentless arguments was the period of "Great Depression" under Jamisiddons Since 2007-12 Asia Cup, which also saw that massive defection to ICL
Old March 28, 2015, 03:21 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Wow, I learned so much about the BC history from this Thread.

Congrats BANFAN and everyone for celebrating your anniversaries.
As the saying goes: Old is gold.

I still have a long a way to go. But at the moment I'm enjoying my time here at BC.
Old March 29, 2015, 04:22 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Well done Banfan & Ammar.
My 10 year anniv coming soon in june. Joined the forum right after the Cardiff win vs Aus. Was following the forum for about a year before that.
BC had a huge growth during and after the 2007 WC. Tons of new members joined in. It was fun. Pretty adductive to be honest
Old March 29, 2015, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Good list Ammar - let's see where the are now

Arnab - Member #2. Ex - admin. Left us.
Orpheus - managed to reincarnate before the rules against nick change only to real name were instituted.
fab - Key contributor to the early days. One of our regular female member. Lost in Australia.
mona - another active early participant. Lost to the medical profession. We do see her every once in a blue moon.
fwullah - BC member #1. Was an active writer and contributor. Came back after a long hiatus but not frequent.
mwrkhan - Lost for over a decade
BushidoTiger - he is back!
pagol_chagol - still around
James90 - our Aussie fan. Left us after a fall out.
rafiq - alive and well just not in BC.
billah - Gone
AsifTheManRahman - ex moderator. We lost him to life, wife, and football.
Sham - early active. Now very intermittent. Probably busy with his day job.
Shubho - still around intermittently, singing the Lord's prayer.
Yameen - still here
Al_furqaan - still getting banned intermittently
Pompous - ex moderator. Life took him away. But he is still around, albeit very intermittently and quietly.
Fazal - still doing fazlami
babubangla - his bangla is missed. Very intermittent these days.
Tokai - lost to time
FaltuRidwanBhai -lost to us for almost a decade
AgentSmith - He is in a witness protection program as Rubu.
Navarene - missing
Shark_fin - I think he has a new nick.
SS -still around pessimistically
Cats_Eye - hehe. Auditing still. Graduated to a tiger.
Faceoff -intermittent
Ahmed_B - intermittent
RazabQ - still banning regularly
Dhurr – lost for a number of years
Thebest – was lost for a while and then came back to disappear again.
Gatekeeper – He was only with us for a short while. Shut the gate long time ago.
reinausagi – another stalwart female BC member. Lost again in the outbacks of Australia.
Nasif – still very much around. Not as active in participation but very active in running the engine of BC
Chinaman – our first Chief Moderartor. In retirement.
reverse_swing – Chinaman’s replacement. Another bowler. A man of few words.
Carte_Blanche - lost
Oracle – one of our most prolific and brilliant writers. Lost to life but I meet him occasionally these days IRL.
Hatebreed – family has him captive.
Sherlockhomes – missing for a while.
Sydney – left Australia. You know him very well. Guess who?
Kabir – he has been back recently.
Mahir – Another active member and staff lost in the wilderness.
Nocturnal – haven’t left us yet. Still around.
Miraz – from our prolific writer to occasional visitor. That’s what PhD and a start-up does for you.

MohammedC - The man is a BC stalwart. Mr Video. He cannot leave us.
i_knockout_u – now known as anher. Thankfully still with us.
sovik – Our Irish dude now in Dhaka. Was with us till recently.
allrounder – intermittently with us
cricman – the man who gave us “This day in Bangladesh cricket”. With us still but not as vocal.
Tonoy – Still with us and a mod. But he is the silent type. Hasn’t spoken a word in years.
cricket_pagol – still with us
kalpurush - Can’t keep KP down. Particularly when you need a match thread.
Shark_fin – I think he changed his nick. Can’t remember the new nick.
¬BanCricFan – coming and going, coming and going. Sheesh.
offstump – al-Sagar. Now intermittent. Busi with family and building our first nuke plant.
Rajputro – Mahmood. BC cofounder with Tehsin. Busy with life and family.
Tintin – One of our strongest non Bangladeshi fan. Less frequent particularly because the environment is less friendly to him.
Tehsin – Founder of BC. Busy with life and family. Still does cricket but on FB. Treason.
Spitfire_x86 – He is as regular now as he was then. He is around but doesn’t post much.
Old March 29, 2015, 08:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Porterfield,Mushy,Rogers

Quote:

Orpheus - managed to reincarnate before the rules against nick change only to real name were instituted.
fab - Key contributor to the early days. One of our regular female member. Lost in Australia.
mona - another active early participant. Lost to the medical profession. We do see her every once in a blue moon.
fwullah - BC member #1. Was an active writer and contributor. Came back after a long hiatus but not frequent.
billah - Gone
Yameen - still here
Pompous - ex moderator. Life took him away. But he is still around, albeit very intermittently and quietly.
Tokai - lost to time
Navarene - missing
Faceoff -intermittent
Ahmed_B - intermittent
Gatekeeper – He was only with us for a short while. Shut the gate long time ago.
reinausagi – another stalwart female BC member. Lost again in the outbacks of Australia.
Nasif – still very much around. Not as active in participation but very active in running the engine of BC
Carte_Blanche - lost
Oracle – one of our most prolific and brilliant writers. Lost to life but I meet him occasionally these days IRL.
Miraz – from our prolific writer to occasional visitor. That’s what PhD and a start-up does for you.

MohammedC - The man is a BC stalwart. Mr Video. He cannot leave us.
i_knockout_u – now known as anher. Thankfully still with us.
sovik – Our Irish dude now in Dhaka. Was with us till recently.
allrounder – intermittently with us
cricman – the man who gave us “This day in Bangladesh cricket”. With us still but not as vocal.
Tonoy – Still with us and a mod. But he is the silent type. Hasn’t spoken a word in years.
cricket_pagol – still with us
kalpurush - Can’t keep KP down. Particularly when you need a match thread.
Shark_fin – I think he changed his nick. Can’t remember the new nick.
¬BanCricFan – coming and going, coming and going. Sheesh.
offstump – al-Sagar. Now intermittent. Busi with family and building our first nuke plant.
Rajputro – Mahmood. BC cofounder with Tehsin. Busy with life and family.
Tintin – One of our strongest non Bangladeshi fan. Less frequent particularly because the environment is less friendly to him.
Tehsin – Founder of BC. Busy with life and family. Still does cricket but on FB. Treason.
Spitfire_x86 – He is as regular now as he was then. He is around but doesn’t post much.
I thought I was special
Old March 29, 2015, 08:59 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Forget cricket was different those days.
Old March 29, 2015, 10:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

Just realized, I hit 10 years soon, right after the day Ammark does.
Old March 29, 2015, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
Well done Banfan & Ammar.
My 10 year anniv coming soon in june. Joined the forum right after the Cardiff win vs Aus. Was following the forum for about a year before that.
BC had a huge growth during and after the 2007 WC. Tons of new members joined in. It was fun. Pretty adductive to be honest
Back then I think getting to Test Cricketer status was proof of the ultimate level of BC addiction. What with SohelNR, nadim, Zeeshan, BanFan and One_World now it's like comparing Akram Khan's BD team of 2000 with our current crop.

Speaking about members: Yo Doc, add IanW to your list man... he was really regular when I joined, any clue on his whereabouts? There were those other early active members, Ehsan, Hasib and sami who used to be BC regulars back then too. And another old face here I failed to mention is akabir77

contemporaries with me Noc and One_World, I failed to add: layperson, ialbd and goru
Old March 29, 2015, 12:30 PM
Cricket Savant

I remembered prior to joining BC in September of 09 when all i wanted to do was to play like Shakib Al Hasan.

I knew of their exploits in the WC in 07 , at that time I was playing Under-17 Cricket for my club, where I learnt of a youthful Bangladesh Team Crashed India out of that WC.

Fast forward to 09

They were visiting the Caribbean, I wasn't following Bangladesh cricket that much(I was an SA fan). My regional team West Indies was in one of their financial crisis with their players. What occurred in that series was history. A couple of guys made their Test debut: Rubel, Riyad.
I wanted them to win every match and they did, with me celebrating when Shakib struck Kemar Roach for a Straight six to seal the Whitewash. I had a guilty feeling that both teams were evenly matched(sorry guys).

After the series I was exploring to to see where I could find a place where I can share my passion for the Tigers. I ended up here.
It's a privilege to be here and to engage in topics ranging from the immature to the weird, and to the very well analyzed(Even though I don't understand a thing when you guys type in Bangla).

I hope that I add some dimension and diversity to this forum, being a kid from Guyana, South America. Respect.
Old March 29, 2015, 01:03 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:

billah - Gone
Yameen - still here
Tokai - lost to time
Navarene - missing
Faceoff -intermittent
Ahmed_B - intermittent
Carte_Blanche - lost
I think I am responsible for about 8 of them. :hitman:
Old March 29, 2015, 01:05 PM
Cricket Savant

Thanks ammar bhai! Good comparison!

Can I be then Tamim plz? Plz? Can I? I want to be Tamim Iqbal Khan!
Old March 29, 2015, 02:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
I remembered prior to joining BC in September of 09 when all i wanted to do was to play like Shakib Al Hasan.

I knew of their exploits in the WC in 07 , at that time I was playing Under-17 Cricket for my club, where I learnt of a youthful Bangladesh Team Crashed India out of that WC.

Fast forward to 09

They were visiting the Caribbean, I wasn't following Bangladesh cricket that much(I was an SA fan). My regional team West Indies was in one of their financial crisis with their players. What occurred in that series was history. A couple of guys made their Test debut: Rubel, Riyad.
I wanted them to win every match and they did, with me celebrating when Shakib struck Kemar Roach for a Straight six to seal the Whitewash. I had a guilty feeling that both teams were evenly matched(sorry guys).

After the series I was exploring to to see where I could find a place where I can share my passion for the Tigers. I ended up here.
It's a privilege to be here and to engage in topics ranging from the immature to the weird, and to the very well analyzed(Even though I don't understand a thing when you guys type in Bangla).

I hope that I add some dimension and diversity to this forum, being a kid from Guyana, South America. Respect.
Wow! That's awesome. Thank you.
Old March 29, 2015, 09:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:

ps: I joined back then just to follow up on Bangladesh's tour of England in 2005.
Sham was in London at the time and covered a bit of the tour. ...

You guys got me hooked!

Me 2. That victory against Ponting and Co. after getting our rear handed to us by England made this forum membership jump.

I waited few days pondering what username shall I have? With years of following cricket through so many platform (radio, newspapers, TV, internet) I wanted the username to represent Bangladesh Cricket. I always came back to "Eye of the Tiger" Which was too long and of course it represented "Survivor" more than Bangladesh Cricket. Eye of the cat didn't sound good. So made it Cats_Eye. You must know, I had no idea of the store "catseye" cause I left BD in '91. Periodically would visit but never heard of it back then. Someone here asked me here, did I own catseye, HHS. The name change had to be made.

Only Orphous and Cats_Eye are the excused ones (before the name change rule).

I use to be the protector of those who would value their wicket. Talent didn't do anything to me back then. Javed Omar, Rajin > Nafis/Nafees; Original step child of BCB Rana > Alok/Aftab/ASHRAFUL. 20 of 50 > 20 of 10. T20 wasn't invented then.

I had special threads with Miraz. Truly page after page just us arguing on Ashraful.

In discussing the quality, it was good. It is a different good now. The new generations are as or even more talented. Just go visit caption thread.
+++
Now I have a request to the new generation. Write more. Write more articles. We use to have a lot more articles back then. Front page would have multiple articles every month. Compete with that time and beat us.
Old March 29, 2015, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Perhaps it's time for newer members to visit this link: History of BC

Other interesting links are listed here:

http://www.banglacricket.com/alochon...ad.php?t=39977
Old March 30, 2015, 12:22 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donal C
I thought I was special
haha u r special, sovik is Bangladeshi who was in Ireland, he is not Irish, u r our most active Irish member to date!
Old March 30, 2015, 12:25 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Thanks Doc. From a 2007 post:
Quote:

Bridge was going on strong. some fine morning got an email that can't play anymore at work. All game sites, and free email sites were blocked. even the backdoors. had to find another hobby. Bd was going to visit England then!! Yahoooood! and got hooked. Didn't register for some time just visited. Then Fazal's posts, Tehsin's Arkansas connection, Rob's love of golf, C_B, Zunaid bhai's bridge and chess prowness, dawah's post (at times to argue) got me hooked. Found few people who had similar khek "talent". Long lost passion of cricket came back alive after 25 years.
^ Tehsin tricked me. Khek!!