facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 14, 2018, 01:03 AM

This has become a useless discussion. Every team goes through ups and downs. Calling any team "minnow" is more or less unnecessary.

Old July 14, 2018, 01:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Quote:
Originally Posted by horizon
This has become a useless discussion. Every team goes through ups and downs. Calling any team "minnow" is more or less unnecessary.
I agree and that is what I implied earlier too
Old July 14, 2018, 01:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
I say get over your xenophobic crassness, and head beyond the insularity of your physical and mental ghettos. As a cricket fan, I can put up my take about the sport, its teams, players and fans in a dedicated arena such as this one without hesitation. Which is more than what we can say about you and your glittering prose above.

If you want forum members to lie through our teeth to make your favorites look better than they really are for reasons best known to you, PR agents aren't too tough a find. You may even snatch one on Fiverr.
Atleast we have a ghetto you are just like a homeless street urchin begging for attention mate.

Also I find it ironic and laughable you question others tolerance of criticism on the Internet when you yourself cannot manage to keep your emotions in check and resort to cheap low blows personally.

Stop abusing Bangladeshis personally.
Old July 14, 2018, 03:34 AM
Test Cricketer

We are debating if Bangladesh should be classed as minnows or not? Is that a worthwhile discussion ?

What does it matter how some fans from across the border classify the BD team as, we should be more concerned with the big drop in performance of the team
Old July 14, 2018, 04:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Asaad has started this unnecessary discussion that attracts all the BD-hating trolls.

Last edited by WarWolf; July 14, 2018 at 07:26 AM..
Old July 14, 2018, 04:43 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
We are debating if Bangladesh should be classed as minnows or not? Is that a worthwhile discussion ?

What does it matter how some fans from across the border classify the BD team as, we should be more concerned with the big drop in performance of the team
Another valid and true analysis
Old July 14, 2018, 12:19 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
Asaad has started this unnecessary discussion that attracts all the BD-hating trolls.
BC has outlived its usefulness.

Tehsin, Ehsan, ATMR, Zunaid, capslock, Rubu, fwullah, Beamer, ammark, Miraz and many others have all moved on. I have a feeling Tigers_eye has also moved on and joined the exodus. RazabQ is that one guy who still sticks around amid.

Being a provacateur is about the only thing worth doing here anymore, lol.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old July 14, 2018, 05:24 PM
Test Cricketer

maybe it will help to understand -

ICC Trophies-

Australia - WCs,W-T20s,CTs, Test Mace
England - W-T20,Test Mace
India - WCs,W-T20s,CTs, Test Mace
Pakistan - WC,W-T20,CT, Test Mace
New Zealand - CT
West Indies - WCs,W-T20s,CT
SriLanka - WC,W-T20,CT,
South Africa - CT, Test Mace
Bangladesh - None

Last edited by Vixen; July 15, 2018 at 08:30 AM..
Old July 14, 2018, 06:49 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

It is Bangladesh, the d should be in small cap.
Old July 14, 2018, 11:49 PM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
Which represents the beginning and end of any feedback to Vixen's list above.
Old July 15, 2018, 03:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sarkar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahroone
Which represents the beginning and end of any feedback to Vixen's list above.
What type of breathtaking feedback did you anticipate taking the time out of your I’m sure busy schedule to log in to a BANGLADESH forum to illustrate the Indian resume.. cuz that’s really what the point was I’m sure.

Well I guess you wanted a cookie.

So here is your cookie dear Indian. Please enjoy.
Old July 15, 2018, 04:05 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo
What type of breathtaking feedback did you anticipate taking the time out of your I’m sure busy schedule to log in to a BANGLADESH forum to illustrate the Indian resume.. cuz that’s really what the point was I’m sure.

Mate if you offer one a free cookie then dol bedhay chollay ashbay
Old July 15, 2018, 08:31 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
sorry, my bad. i have corrected it.
Old July 15, 2018, 09:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vixen
Non Bangladeshis like Eclipse make this mistake.
Old July 15, 2018, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Quote:
maybe it will help to understand -

ICC Trophies-

Australia - WCs,W-T20s,CTs, Test Mace
England - W-T20,Test Mace
India - WCs,W-T20s,CTs, Test Mace
Pakistan - WC,W-T20,CT, Test Mace
New Zealand - CT
West Indies - WCs,W-T20s,CT
SriLanka - WC,W-T20,CT,
South Africa - CT, Test Mace
Bangladesh - None
Quote:
Thank you Vixen bhaiya for fixing that. Good to have you back, Salaam!

Bhai, you know me well.
A lot of us here in BC don't really expect the BD national team to win the world cup or become a world champ (would be nice though, someday or occasionally, to play well on a steady run for a little while). Me particularly and I can speak for a lot of other posters here in BC, we would like to see a steady development of Bangladesh cricket, this sport, the game - that's all. It would be nice to see a competitive engagement in the game, not a day in day out meek, pathetic, zero dull performance. A lot of money is being pumped into these irresponsible athletes, I think the outcome has been rather poor.

I really don't care for the word 'fan'- people like myself are rather enthusiast of the game of cricket. And yes, as a Bangladeshi, like I already said, it would be nice see BD team doing well, playing good cricket. Here in Bangladesh, there are young children, men and women of all ages, from remote villages, small towns and cities watch or follow the game somehow and they would see their team having a win here and there - it gives something to hold onto as a source of smile and positive feeling, Like it would do for me, even after all the other hardship and struggles that life offers you.

I grew up watching great subcontinental cricketers like Zaheer Abbas, Kapil Dev, Gavaskar, Imran, Ranatunga, Mudassar, Kirmani, Vass - It would be nice to see our BD cricket generating, developing sportsmen/athletes like those, in terms of skill, personality, dedication for the game, mental strength, mental focus. grit and patience and nerve. I mean it and I have the deepest respect for the cricket culture of Pakistan, India and Sri Lanka and how this unique game is played in those countries.

Last edited by bujhee kom; July 15, 2018 at 10:17 AM..
Old July 15, 2018, 10:49 AM
Cricket Savant

What I said about the word 'fan' and myself- it is because, what is a fan? who is this fan? People here will often use the word patriot with a sport team...say what? How does a man or a woman who is watching a game end up being a patriot or a non? More than half the people of a country or many countries and the world do not get enough or almost nothing to eat. The water table is rising everyday - flood in Bangladesh, extreme heat and water shortage in Karachi, earthquake in India, Pakistan and Nepal, Tsunami in Sri Lanka, and we are trying to redefine the word 'patriot' by judging if a Bangladeshi for that matter criticize the way a Bangladeshi batsman or the whole team collectively batting??

Sports come a lot latter. First you have got to have nutrition and food in your stomach! We need a decent safe shelter, clothing and access to proper healthcare first- not necessarily in that order for the last couple of items. A nation need infrastructure, job, a stable decent election process and governmental system. A plan and a back-up system for moderate to major natural or malice disaster! Need clean water, ample stock of vaccines for at least a few selective outbreaks. What about an earthquake?

Minnows my a$$. We are worse than minnows in cricket, we are sh!t when it comes to cricket or any sports*. I am dead serious - We have got to get over this severe sense of insecurity. When you are insecure as an individual, you always worry about what others think of you, what other news agencies, other fan forums write about you (in this case, the team that you root for). I only give a sh!t about how this team perform momentarily. Reason is:
a. There are better things to do in life than worrying about t a losing, loser mentality cricket team and there are far more important things in life to do and be concerned about than this, i.e. family your own health, education and job, your parents and many many many more!
b. I have zero control and prediction over how a group of monkeys would act, behave when I go to the Banani Cemetery to see my older sister and my mom. Some days they are friendly and sit next to me during ziaraat and some day they pinch me when I am reciting something. I don't mind -they are monkeys, one of my Lord's most beautiful creations. Some with the Bangladesh cricket team. I am not the one who is playing. I am just a mere spectator and enthusiast whatever of the game and trying to enjoy the game. Which the BD team does not let me (enjoy - as they suck a$$!)

This team will continue to lose** - as long as a lot of things do not change. Starting from the family, admitting corruption, developing moral building from the mother, the father, teachers and school! Education, true education! Developing respect for hard work and hard labor. instilling self-respect and self criticism. Respecting your fellow man as your fellow man! A Rickshawala as a man who could to be a far more honest and better person than you are. Some sh!thead little Taskin Faskin did not think so!

By the way, this is not overreaction, I am simply presenting an image of reality as I see it.
I love writing jokes and when I feel like, speaking my mind - only here in BC among all of you. This is the only platform I have and I love to be aorund.

*A few Bangladeshis have been great at mountaineering, I will acknowledge that. Great performance through individual effort there. Sustaining stamina and coping with severe adverse condition, that is simply superb!

**Yeah, some people may say I have to grow a pair, thinking about a team (a team I am supposed to 'support') who will lose even before it plays its future matches. Negative, defeatist mentality!! Say what again? I explain myself very well and clear. Wishing a team will win against all odds IS just a WISH, a fantasy, not about having a pair balls as a 'fan'!!! I have a pair, I fought two illegitimate wars, I have the balls to fight addiction - I do not need to grow an extra 'third' scrotum to be able to sit in front of my computer to hope and prey that the sh!t bunch of so called cricketers will somehow, with some miracle will survive today!
Old July 15, 2018, 03:28 PM
Test Cricketer

This thread was on the issue of whether Bangladesh is a minnow or not, however some of the comments made are off topic and we need to come to conclusion on the main issue.
My assessment of BD is: BD has improved enough to shrug off the minnow label. The area of improvement for BD is playing in seaming condition in test matches where the opposition can constrain BD batters to play the balls delivered relying on seaming position of the ball. BD players do not get enough practice time in the seaming condition, such as facing balls that shoot in from outside off.
One flaw that I observed in the 2nd test with WI is fishing outside off; I saw Shakib playing outside off balls solely by relying on his excellent eye sight, as he can mostly connect balls by swinging the bat horizontally. In our subcontinental pitches, with low bounce, one can connect these balls better. Connecting balls without straight bat provides bonus runs in T20 and ODI and thus leads to differing results. However, how can you continue to do the same in tests where your opposition has fielders placed at their discretion for catching. Look at how many BD players are caught-outs. The LBW's and bowled by inside edges are good balls.
All these lead to my hypothesis that developing quality pacers (Abu Jayed being one of them) would help us batting better; the same bowler swinging balls both ways would be great. We need pitches with seaming and bouncing in the long run.
Also, we can hardly have a series with 3 tests and see the team doing better in the 3rd test, as they get more practice time in seaming condition in the first 2 tests. We have a better batting line-up than the one of WI, however, the WI have a plan to exploit the area where our players are handicapped.
You will see BD doing better in the coming ODIs because of the error rate of playing away from the body when there is field restriction is lower in ODIs
I think it is unnecessary and irrelevant to debate if BD is minnow..
Old July 16, 2018, 12:13 PM
BC Editorial Team

Asaad - biya koro. You'll feel less of a need to be a provocateur. Old BC guys are still around. We just don't see much to get excited about. Probably won't until this current Papon admin goes. We are stagnant. No new talents to replace the big 3/4. No upward curve.
Old July 16, 2018, 01:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Asaad - biya koro. You'll feel less of a need to be a provocateur.
Bor da, apni ebar jaa chomotkaar ekta kotha bollen!
Al-Furqaan biye korte chai! Kintu o koob lajook, Meye-der Lojjai biye korar shahush pacche naa! Or Boyosh onek holo, eto diine o kintoo abbu hoye jetey parto! Oke apni ektu help koren!
Old July 16, 2018, 04:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_am_ringo

I have NO idea why you guys care so much. LOL! Y'all are too attached to your teams. Remember the players do not care about you, from both sides. They are where they are irrespective of your feelings.

Anyway Ringo, please check your inbox. We were supposed to liaise for a podcast episode, unless you changed your mind. Do let me know, you have my number. Thanks.
Old July 16, 2018, 05:26 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazabQ
Asaad - biya koro. You'll feel less of a need to be a provocateur. .
you must hate him. That is the worse advice a man can give to another. Life can be wonderful for the right wifeless person.
Old July 17, 2018, 05:29 AM
Cricket Savant

I have been also asking myself this question. Should we be considered 'minnows' after all the wonderful 'achievements' made by this team?

I don't think we are minnows -

We are rather 'Chuno Putis' -
Old July 17, 2018, 12:51 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
I have been also asking myself this question. Should we be considered 'minnows' after all the wonderful 'achievements' made by this team?

I don't think we are minnows -

We are rather 'Chuno Putis' -

It puts a whole new perspective to Bhaatay Massay Banglee
Old July 18, 2018, 12:24 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Roey.. it's time to post our podcast and end this thread for good