facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

 
 


Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #26  
Old June 22, 2018, 01:08 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,447

Who was the dude asking him the question?
__________________
“Raise your words, not voice. It is rain that grows flowers, not thunder.”
― Jalaluddin Mevlana Rumi - مولوی
Reply With Quote

  #27  
Old June 22, 2018, 01:21 PM
mufi_02's Avatar
mufi_02 mufi_02 is offline
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team
 
Join Date: August 2, 2011
Location: NY
Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib
Posts: 7,602

I think I saw bk bhai too. he was wearing a genji with a black suit and white sneakers and a white tupi. he was munching paan and recording the event on his huge iPad.
__________________
Bangladesh
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old June 22, 2018, 01:57 PM
Rifat's Avatar
Rifat Rifat is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: March 30, 2007
Location: Connecticut
Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi
Posts: 14,906

^^^hahahaha, fake news! That's not roman bhai. Huge Exaggeration!
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old June 22, 2018, 02:33 PM
roman's Avatar
roman roman is offline
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner
 
Join Date: July 18, 2004
Location: New York
Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash
Posts: 13,154

Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
Look look guys, that's our Roman there in the Pink shirt!
Yes brother..pink for laabh..Was waiting for you to join me to show that we care.
__________________
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when open.....Thomas Dewey
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old June 22, 2018, 02:54 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat_02
Does Bangladesh play as many matches as India , England , Australia throughout the year?? We hardly get any matches, I doubt we play even half of what some countries play in a year, only three T20s and a T20 Tri-Series in Sri Lanka after the Sri Lanka series this year, No Tests, No ODIs, no nothing This cannot be an excuse for not showing up in training especially when you are the 'CAPTAIN' of the team and there is a new coach taking over
Quote:
Originally Posted by bujhee kom
^^^Na na..Tiger Hazaar bahi...ami apnar ei kotha mene nite parchi naa!


He's in his 30's now, you don't know how his body is after a decade of being an all rounder

If it was against coaching staffs instructions, then it's one thing to be angry about, but no one knows what the situation is, if it was against the advice of coaches, then Papon would have opened his big mouth by now anyway

Do you know how wladimir klitcsko was a champion in his 40's? Rest, towards the end he was training only 3 days a week instead of the traditional 6, rest is important, it helps the body and mind.

I say its an overreaction because people don't even know 1/10th of the situation but coming to a conclusion, show me where this holiday of his is against coaches direction.

Half our fans are Bunch of emotional fairies, so are our players hence we can never win anything.
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #31  
Old June 22, 2018, 07:53 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,834

Even if he needs some rest which he shouldn’t as he’s an athlete and needs to be able to manage his body, can’t blame international cricket when BD barely play, if his body isn’t right then he’s not keeping his fitness up or it’s IPL and other leagues and that’s his responsibility to manage.

But the point I was going to make is that if he needs rest he could at least be with the team, doesn’t have to go on a holiday, make appearances etc.

Rest up surrounded by team management and the support staff (Physio, massage therapist etc). He is t20 and test captain, should be with the team, even if he didn’t have a leadership role if he’s in the squad he should be with the team.
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old June 22, 2018, 08:02 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 4,576

Mushfiq has bitten Shakib for sure. That unprofessional zombie has made Shakib a unprofessional zombie as well. Please quarantine Rahim and Al Hassan from the rest of the squad please!! We need to contain this disease asap!!
__________________
God has put a permanent curse on the Bd team because they have not gotten rid of Rahim.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old June 22, 2018, 08:10 PM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Mushfiq has bitten Shakib for sure. That unprofessional zombie has made Shakib a unprofessional zombie as well. Please quarantine Rahim and Al Hassan from the rest of the squad please!! We need to contain this disease asap!!
shakib was always like this. he doesn't take training seriously..on the other hand mushfik is known for his hard work in the training.

if you want to talk ill about someone do it with facts
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old June 22, 2018, 08:13 PM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Even if he needs some rest which he shouldn’t as he’s an athlete and needs to be able to manage his body, can’t blame international cricket when BD barely play, if his body isn’t right then he’s not keeping his fitness up or it’s IPL and other leagues and that’s his responsibility to manage.

But the point I was going to make is that if he needs rest he could at least be with the team, doesn’t have to go on a holiday, make appearances etc.

Rest up surrounded by team management and the support staff (Physio, massage therapist etc). He is t20 and test captain, should be with the team, even if he didn’t have a leadership role if he’s in the squad he should be with the team.
He shouldn't need rest because he's an athlete? That's just a ridiculous statement, if anything an athlete requires more rest

Physical rest needs to be required because of the years he's played, not always immediate play time that's important.

Mental fatigue can be worse than physical fatigue

Look at Messi, had a poor game vs Iceland, refused to relax and take time off training like asked was worse second match. Relaxing away can be good for him, it may not, but the point am making is no one knows for sure at this moment. Let's wait and see how he does in tests vs West indies, hopefully it have something for the spinners.

He shouldn't be making appearances though, that's idiotic him and I agree with you on that.
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old June 22, 2018, 08:16 PM
Roey Haque's Avatar
Roey Haque Roey Haque is online now
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: March 26, 2012
Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Posts: 4,576

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
shakib was always like this. he doesn't take training seriously..on the other hand mushfik is known for his hard work in the training.

if you want to talk ill about someone do it with facts
Dude, it's all the same. All part of the same unprofessional snake, the tail can show up not practicing(Shakib), and the head can show up buttering others in the dressing room about how they are good enough and don't need to practice(Mushfiq).
__________________
God has put a permanent curse on the Bd team because they have not gotten rid of Rahim.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old June 22, 2018, 09:21 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
He shouldn't need rest because he's an athlete? That's just a ridiculous statement, if anything an athlete requires more rest

Physical rest needs to be required because of the years he's played, not always immediate play time that's important.

Mental fatigue can be worse than physical fatigue

Look at Messi, had a poor game vs Iceland, refused to relax and take time off training like asked was worse second match. Relaxing away can be good for him, it may not, but the point am making is no one knows for sure at this moment. Let's wait and see how he does in tests vs West indies, hopefully it have something for the spinners.

He shouldn't be making appearances though, that's idiotic him and I agree with you on that.
Please take context of ones paragraph into account, you do this all the time.

He’s an athlete and as such needs to be responsible enough to manage his workload, it’s not BCB’s fault if he overworks himself with franchise leagues.

Either BCB need to tell him it’s not good enough to put international cricket 2nd or shakib needs to decide for himself whether he picks franchise cricket or international cricket, the way shakib is running things is not fair to BCB or BD cricket, they pay him good money for his contract.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne

Last edited by Gowza; June 22, 2018 at 10:02 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old June 22, 2018, 09:22 PM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,834

Bottom line as a senior player he needs to be a role model to younger players, and he’s being a horrible example atm.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old June 22, 2018, 10:42 PM
brockley brockley is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: August 8, 2007
Posts: 2,884

Is he a American citizen yet?
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old June 22, 2018, 11:15 PM
aklemalp's Avatar
aklemalp aklemalp is offline
Cricket Sage
 
Join Date: September 5, 2009
Location: Guyana,South America
Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall
Posts: 24,447

This is ******** ridiculous now.

Night_wolf (defense of Mushfiqur)
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old June 22, 2018, 11:25 PM
adamnsu adamnsu is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: December 12, 2005
Location: Surrey
Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim
Posts: 10,332

Senior players from other teams know they have to work even harder to maintain fitness at their age.

Shakib going on holiday just before a Test match was a bad decision. Not only for his own benefit but it sends out bad signals to his teammates. Also with a new coach coming could have helped him with his batting.

Problem is BCB, media and fans are to soft when it comes to Shakib. And Shakib knows he is too precious and takes advantage of that.

Shakib might be our best player but he is also an negative element to the team in other ways.
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old June 23, 2018, 04:04 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Dude, it's all the same. All part of the same unprofessional snake, the tail can show up not practicing(Shakib), and the head can show up buttering others in the dressing room about how they are good enough and don't need to practice(Mushfiq).
1st u say mushfik bit shakib then u say its all part of a big snake..make up ur mind dude!
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old June 23, 2018, 04:36 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Please take context of ones paragraph into account, you do this all the time.

He’s an athlete and as such needs to be responsible enough to manage his workload, it’s not BCB’s fault if he overworks himself with franchise leagues.

Either BCB need to tell him it’s not good enough to put international cricket 2nd or shakib needs to decide for himself whether he picks franchise cricket or international cricket, the way shakib is running things is not fair to BCB or BD cricket, they pay him good money for his contract.
BCB has dealt with the situation, everyone is allowed 2 NOC now.

Again, you don't know the situation, but commenting like you do, how do you know he didn't get permission from bcb and coaching staff for the holiday?

How can you say its unfair to bcb if bcb and coaches said he can go holiday and take a break away from a series

How do you even know all the players have gone camp? You don't have to put things on twitter and go abroad to go on holiday

No one knows the full situation, that's not even debatable
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old June 23, 2018, 04:50 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,436

This team is in utter shambles, its not even funny anymore.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old June 23, 2018, 05:14 AM
ToBeFair's Avatar
ToBeFair ToBeFair is offline
First Class Cricketer
 
Join Date: February 8, 2018
Posts: 389

Shak knows no matter what, he will get a few wickets here and there, and this performance will be more than enough to keep his place in this mediocre BD team.

When competition is non-existent, when there is no one waiting in the pipeline to take your place, this is what happens.

Look at India. Kohli will never be complacent, but can he even afford to become complacent? The answer is NO. Look at how many players they have in the pipeline. Lokesh Rahul, Pant, and so on.

Also look at the work ethic of Kohli. He also played in the IPL, performed better than Shak, and as soon as the IPL was over for him, he didn't go for a vacation, but rather, he put all his focus to prepare himself for the England series. Even in terms of preparation, the captain led the team from the front.

Mark my word: I have seen the hunger of Kohli for this England series, and they will win the test series by a big margin. ODIs and T20Is will be toss ups, because in LOIs, England is quite strong.

Also Mark my word: We have a captain on vacation with a mindset of don't give a damn to his own team. After AFG whitewash, we will be duly whitewashed by WI in tests and T20Is. We may win one ODI.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old June 23, 2018, 05:29 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,436

The saddest thing is these, guys will still get royal welcomes even after losing a series.

We have been rising for 25 odd years and we still have nothing to show for.

Does this guy think he is Ronaldo, I don't know how Shakib can just take a holiday when his team just got whitewashed, by a side consisting of refugees who ave sacrificed a lot to get to where they are.

'And don't play the tired card, guy can travel to IPL and play non stop T20, don't see him getting tired then, if he is not committed to playing for Bangladesh then, blood someone new to replace him, its better to have a committed and determined player rather than one that is not committed to the team.

Bangladesh has better facilities than Afghanistan, has more experience than Afghanistan yet we still manage to lose against them. Following this team is like taking a step forward and taking 3 steps back.
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old June 23, 2018, 05:35 AM
DinRaat. DinRaat. is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: January 30, 2017
Location: Sydney Australia
Favorite Player: AirBus A340
Posts: 5,436

You see if this was an Australian taking a holiday after their team gets whitewashed, the media and fans would of ripped him apart in seconds. But instead our media and hapless fans praise Shakib and all the players in general for the simplest of things.

Take the brilliant West Indies for example, in the WC T20 in 2016, there was a major divide between players and management, they couldn't organisedJERSEYS for the team for the final match, yet they still managed to take the trophy home.

Bangladesh has 160 million fans, yet we have not even won a single tri series, lets not even start with our miserly WC record, all due to mismanagement and selfishness in management and squad
__________________
Follow your deepest dream, the one you had as a kid... but stay focused.
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old June 23, 2018, 06:16 AM
Night_wolf's Avatar
Night_wolf Night_wolf is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: October 30, 2010
Favorite Player: Mash
Posts: 19,679

Quote:
Originally Posted by aklemalp
This is ******** ridiculous now.

Night_wolf (defense of Mushfiqur)
I do not defend mushfik or shakib or anyone form BD team. If you see my posts you will see I criticize them all the time. but to make fake accusations just to get your key board worrier ego some satisfaction that I can not support
__________________
I have given up on Bangladesh cricket. I refuse to forget every pain Bangladesh cricket team has brought after a win here and there
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old June 23, 2018, 06:20 AM
Gowza Gowza is offline
Cricket Guru
 
Join Date: July 15, 2007
Location: Australia
Favorite Player: Mike Procter
Posts: 11,834

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
BCB has dealt with the situation, everyone is allowed 2 NOC now.

Again, you don't know the situation, but commenting like you do, how do you know he didn't get permission from bcb and coaching staff for the holiday?

How can you say its unfair to bcb if bcb and coaches said he can go holiday and take a break away from a series

How do you even know all the players have gone camp? You don't have to put things on twitter and go abroad to go on holiday

No one knows the full situation, that's not even debatable
Whatever the situation, shakib should take his responsibilities more seriously, this is not how other seniors in other teams treat their cricket, they are more professional.

I’m not saying he didn’t get permission.
__________________
All Time Test XI: 1 Hobbs 2 B.Richards 3 Bradman 4 Pollock 5 V.Richards 6 Sobers 7 Gilchrist 8 Miller 9 Procter 10 Marshall 11 Warne
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old June 23, 2018, 07:52 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
Whatever the situation, shakib should take his responsibilities more seriously, this is not how other seniors in other teams treat their cricket, they are more professional.

I’m not saying he didn’t get permission.
On the face of it, yes I agree, but other players do take time off

It's not a Shakib thing, players take time off training, Id rather have Shakib take occasional time off from training if he can maintain form and play all the matches

Time off can re energise athletes, if coaches didn't think so, they wouldn't allow any players to take any time off

Who are the players that actually turned up to the camp, am pretty sure Shakib isn't the only one taking time off, only difference is he's gone US and is putting things on social media.

No one knows enough to say he isn't acting professionally, if coaches deemed the best thing for him was time off, he's acting professionally, if they wanted him to turn up to camp, but he said he can't be bothered then it's very unprofessional, my point is I don't know, neither does anyone else here, all I see here are people arguing about things like they know the full situation without anything to back their point up apart from opinion
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old June 23, 2018, 08:01 AM
tiger1000's Avatar
tiger1000 tiger1000 is offline
Cricket Legend
 
Join Date: February 23, 2006
Location: UK
Posts: 4,297

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinRaat.
You see if this was an Australian taking a holiday after their team gets whitewashed, the media and fans would of ripped him apart in seconds. But instead our media and hapless fans praise Shakib and all the players in general for the simplest of things.

Take the brilliant West Indies for example, in the WC T20 in 2016, there was a major divide between players and management, they couldn't organisedJERSEYS for the team for the final match, yet they still managed to take the trophy home.

Bangladesh has 160 million fans, yet we have not even won a single tri series, lets not even start with our miserly WC record, all due to mismanagement and selfishness in management and squad
Because non of the Australian squad went on holiday after the disgraced South Africa tour.
__________________
Always forgive your enemies, nothing annoys them so much- Oscar Wilde.


Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
BanglaCricket.com
 

About Us | Contact Us | Privacy Policy | Partner Sites | Useful Links | Banners |

© BanglaCricket