facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old November 18, 2012, 09:48 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Default Black Friday 2012

Talk about holiday shopping here. What's the best deal out there this year?

I'm trying to get my mom a tablet or something so she finally dumps that 1980's laptop I last saw her with. Most for her reading, facebooking and skyping and other schupid stuffs that she can half-do and half can't do. But now Ultrabook is a thing. So that's making things a bit confusing.

Old November 18, 2012, 09:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Why don't you just get her a chrome book? You can get the Acer chrome book for $199 + tax. They might have it a little cheaper for Black Friday.
Old November 18, 2012, 09:52 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Walmart always has the best deal. I think either Walmart or Target is selling Google Nexus 7 16GB for $199 which is usually $250. I think Nexus should be fine for your mom's activities.

Download few black friday apps. I will be getting a TV, Xbox or a Tablet. Let's see what fits my budget ($300)
Old November 18, 2012, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Dilscoop - go with the Nexus tablet for your mom. That should fit her needs.
Old November 18, 2012, 09:57 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajfar
Why don't you just get her a chrome book? You can get the Acer chrome book for $199 + tax. They might have it a little cheaper for Black Friday.
That's a good idea. It's cheap compared to the other tablets. I gotta look into that. I dont know anything about it, as it wasn't on my list.

Can you do all that on it?
Old November 18, 2012, 10:01 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Oh and my budget is $500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Dilscoop - go with the Nexus tablet for your mom. That should fit her needs.
I discarded that. IDK, I dont really like it. But than again it's not for me so.
Old November 18, 2012, 10:09 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Tamim the Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02
Walmart always has the best deal. I think either Walmart or Target is selling Google Nexus 7 16GB for $199 which is usually $250. I think Nexus should be fine for your mom's activities.

Download few black friday apps. I will be getting a TV, Xbox or a Tablet. Let's see what fits my budget ($300)
Actually 8GB version of nexus was always $199. However, since they came out with newer nexus products they dropped 8GB version altogether, and 16GB version is now $199 even in google play store. They did introduce a 32GB version of nexus 7, which is now $249 and the 4G data enabled one is $299. The best of all is you can buy the latest nexus 4 phone completely unlocked, no contract for only $349 . Plus they have nexus 10" starting $399. If i were to get a tablet i would get the nexus 10...

http://www.google.com/nexus/

I sound like a googles sales rep... i know way too much about these stuff.
Old November 18, 2012, 10:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
That's a good idea. It's cheap compared to the other tablets. I gotta look into that. I dont know anything about it, as it wasn't on my list.

Can you do all that on it?
It's a laptop/tablet. So you can do pretty much everything on it. Or look for Acer/Asus notebook. I bought this for my mom for mother's day last year. She does pretty much everything your mom does on it. I paid around $250, but they might have it for less during Black Friday.
Old November 18, 2012, 10:19 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufi_02

I'm trying buy a TV for myself too. Not sure if this is the right year though.

Quote:
It's a laptop/tablet. So you can do pretty much everything on it. Or look for Acer/Asus notebook. I bought this for my mom for mother's day last year. She does pretty much everything your mom does on it. I paid around $250, but they might have it for less during Black Friday.
Aight sounds good. So it's between Nexus and Chrome. CB is both, but Nexus is just a tablet. So now it just comes down to preference. I know she likes the touch screen now that she got used to her phone. So that's not an issue.
Old November 18, 2012, 10:43 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
Oh and my budget is $500.
iPad then. You can get the new IPad for around 500 - 16GB / WiFi only.
Old November 18, 2012, 11:33 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Talk about heedlessness and sheepish consumerism!

Calling Jumah "Black" isn't accidental at all. It is in fact a part of the CIA/MOSSAD/RAW generated greater conspiracy against the Muslim Ummah. In a just world sans infidel imperialism, this day would've been called "Green Friday", and the fact that lots of money is spent on the day would've had nothing to do with it.

Stay on the greener side people!
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 19, 2012, 01:24 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
iPad then. You can get the new IPad for around 500 - 16GB / WiFi only.
Chrome book it is.

Now, TV. Not sure if this is the year. I don't wanna have an old TV by this time around next year, like it happened last time, like it happened with my MBP.
Old November 19, 2012, 03:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All the Tigers

Can anyone refer me any good photography equipment deal?
Old November 19, 2012, 10:35 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by rashed
Actually 8GB version of nexus was always $199. However, since they came out with newer nexus products they dropped 8GB version altogether, and 16GB version is now $199 even in google play store. They did introduce a 32GB version of nexus 7, which is now $249 and the 4G data enabled one is $299. The best of all is you can buy the latest nexus 4 phone completely unlocked, no contract for only $349 . Plus they have nexus 10" starting $399. If i were to get a tablet i would get the nexus 10...

http://www.google.com/nexus/

I sound like a googles sales rep... i know way too much about these stuff.
I didn't know about that they dropped 8GB and made 16GB $199. I also looked into Google Nexus 4 phone after you mentioned it and I was impressed. Its cheap and powerful for the price range. Anyone has any idea about this phone?
Old November 22, 2012, 07:46 PM
Cricket Savant

kaaj nai, -100 degree thanday daraye daraye black friday sale...eto hauush amar nai bhai...jau tumra jau

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old November 22, 2012, 08:26 PM
Banned

Gte her a Samsung or Asus Ultrabook. Only prob with UltraBook is that they don't have DVD drives, so you will need to buy an external slim DVDRW.
But, they are very light and are usually shipped with Intel's i5 processor and a SSD and USB 3.0. I ordered a few Toshiba ones for my team with the same spec and the boot up time is wayy impressive. Windows 7 Desktop appears in 15s!

Both cost around £500.
Old November 23, 2012, 01:26 AM

^^^ I dont remember when i last used a DVD
Old November 23, 2012, 03:51 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Back from bb, got several things; main one being Panasonic 55 3d l55et5.

Everything went pretty smooth, 12am open is better than 5am. Temp was good also, thanks to global warming. It used to in 30s few years back. Gradually it's getting warmer during bf nights. It is 56f now.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:03 AM
Cricket Sage

Went black friday shopping at 34th St Macy' s in Manhattan. I could not believe the number of peoples that showed up there. Its not like they had all that great of a sale. Everything was marked off a little and an addition 15% off if you use your Macy's card, that's it. Forever 21 and H&M had some good stuff on sale, but I think that's just their typical kind of sale that you can get just about any time of the year. I told my cousins no point going clothes shopping on black friday it's regular sales just like any other holiday nothing extraordinary, but amar kotha ar ke shune.
Old November 23, 2012, 10:19 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Went black friday shopping at 34th St Macy' s in Manhattan. I could not believe the number of peoples that showed up there. Its not like they had all that great of a sale. Everything was marked off a little and an addition 15% off if you use your Macy's card, that's it. Forever 21 and H&M had some good stuff on sale, but I think that's just their typical kind of sale that you can get just about any time of the year. I told my cousins no point going clothes shopping on black friday it's regular sales just like any other holiday nothing extraordinary, but amar kotha ar ke shune.
NYC gets crazy for holiday shopping even at 3/4 am in the morning. All for sales that are no better than regular everyday ones. Sellers are scammers, I tell you! But the public deserves it for being dumb.
Old November 23, 2012, 02:01 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Shakib and Anamul

I've heard about that and usually celebrated or something in USA. Don't think where I live in UK we have such a day.
Old November 23, 2012, 04:21 PM
Cricket Sage

^ I thought you guys have boxing day or something. Isn't that a huge sale day? There is also cyber monday. It's the monday after Black Friday. You can get pretty good deals on amazon and bunch of other websites.
Old November 23, 2012, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

It's a sad day because there is nothing that I want in this black friday. Absolutely Nothing.
Old November 23, 2012, 11:12 PM
Administrator

Here's a video of Ajfar at Walmart getting a great deal on a phone:

Old November 24, 2012, 01:02 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I ended up not going. I was stuffed and couldn't move, crashed out at someone else's house. But I did go this morning. Bought Madden 13 and AC3 50% off, BO2 full price (as always). A headset and a controller for PS3, 65% off, those cool new iPod (dropped the last one in the pool this last summer, or else I wouldn't have bought it) and Bose iPod player (about 20-25 dollar off each. BS deal). I really wanted those new square headphones, I tried couple of them on, they are SOOO ****ING NICE. No joke!

Except for that old iPad there was nothing left at Best Buy. No Chrome book. I'll probably just order it online and ship it to my mom.

NEVER go to Walmart on BF, that's a suicide mission.