facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 21, 2011, 12:17 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket
Default Lotus Kamal to go ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Daily Star
It's not only the coaching staff and selectors but there is also a whispering that the changes may be bought to the top post of the board because many believed that the board desperately needs a dynamic leader who can start with a new vision to take the game into new heights.
IF we give in to the rumour/report, does that mean we all going to see the very change we all desperately wanted ??

For sake of our country, I really hope this report has some base to it and we might see someone else as the Board Chief. SHC has always been our favourite one.

The report also says Pont and Fountain's contract are set to be extended.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=178569
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]

Last edited by Rabz; March 21, 2011 at 12:31 AM..

Old March 21, 2011, 12:19 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Ameen
Old March 21, 2011, 12:19 AM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

Mashallah

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old March 21, 2011, 12:20 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Do SHC wants to be our new leader that the qus..

but He needs to put away all his oviman and step forward to do this job

there is nobody in BD who deserves this more than him
Old March 21, 2011, 12:25 AM
Test Cricketer

Lotus kamal will stay in his positon. Nobody can sack him unless he decides to go.I think they will bring some changes in selection committee or the other top posts.
Old March 21, 2011, 12:25 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

I think Kamal will remain there. We must not forget this is Bangladesh.
Old March 21, 2011, 12:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

This would be the best thing, if it actually happens....

But I don't think he will go, only the PM could remove him...

I think in the long-run the BCB ought to be made a non-partisan quasi-governmental body like Cricket Australia or Cricket Sri Lanka. Enough of this partisan political use of the BCB, as some golden goose.
Old March 21, 2011, 01:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

very good informative report.
Old March 21, 2011, 02:11 AM
Club Cricketer

considering that Mr. Kamal is an MP from the ruling party, it is highly unlikely that he will be sacked....... it is very essential as we all kno to get rid of him in order to lessen the amount of politics inside BCB
Old March 21, 2011, 04:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

This is not just a rumor. Strong moves have been made at a very high level in favor of this moron's removal. Tutul will also go in the process. Keep praying and keep your fingers crossed because totally unexpected shift in momentum is integral to the type of whimsy and nepotistic arbitrariness that define our politics.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2011, 07:02 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
This is not just a rumor. Strong moves have been made at a very high level in favor of this moron's removal. Tutul will also go in the process. Keep praying and keep your fingers crossed because totally unexpected shift in momentum is integral to the type of whimsy and nepotistic arbitrariness that define our politics.
If that is true then the early exit from the world cup will be a blessing in disguise!
Fingers are firmly crossed Sohel bhai!!
Old March 21, 2011, 07:21 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musfique
If that is true then the early exit from the world cup will be a blessing in disguise!
Fingers are firmly crossed Sohel bhai!!
There's a major reckoning underway, and because of the PM and FM's personal feelings in light of our sissy capitulation against WI and SA, we can expect things to move sooner rather than later.

Currently it's a 3-way battle amongst Ahad-Loitta-Tutul-Beximco group, the X-Y-Z-Grameenphone group, and the Raquibul-Shujon-Pilot-Kaler Kaunt'ho matobbors. Now that the mass murdering robber baron Shah Alom's in jail, one of the top 2, the one with higher quality oil, will emerge victorious within 2 weeks max from what I personally heard from X.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old March 21, 2011, 07:40 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: M'Dulla

Quote:
3-way battle amongst Ahad-Loitta-Tutul-Beximco group, the X-Y-Z-Grameenphone group, and the Raquibul-Shujon-Pilot-Kaler Kaunt'ho matobbors. .
Thanks for the great insight Sohel bhai.

Your narrative indicates that none of the groups are the type we want or need, unless I misunderstood your tone.

Interesting to note that there is a GP group. I wonder who they are? Are we talking about some of the GP board members? I may be able to get some insights if individuals from the GP board are involved. very very interesting!

Last edited by Musfique; March 21, 2011 at 07:46 AM..
Old March 21, 2011, 07:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Musfique
Thanks for the great insight Sohel bhai.

Your narrative indicates that none of the groups are the type we want or need, unless I misunderstood your tone.

Interesting to note that there is a GP group. I wonder who they are? Are we talking about some of the GP board members? I may be able to get some insights if individuals from the GP board are involved. very very interesting!
I'm rooting for the GP group. Sorry can't mentioned their names at this point in time but it shouldn't be hard to extrapolate the clues and figure out who they are
Old March 21, 2011, 07:56 AM
Cricket Guru

"The board's technical committee will meet tomorrow to discuss on the national team's performance in the World Cup. We must review everybody's performance to make a fresh start. I think our bowling and fielding was not too bad but the batting performance was really a concern for us,” said BCB's media committee chairman Jalal Yunus yesterday.

hmmm bhoi lage Ashraful abar kisu na koira boshe...er to moti goti thik nai...WC Shesh bibhaor ayojon shuru

sorry for the cheap joke..back to the topic...it's Bangladesh unless things happen can't say anything...so much lobbying you never know what can happen but good thing is "talking" about needed change...

on top it, whoever comes selection, infrastrucute, grooming of players need mandatory changes immediately, we should not wait till year before 2015.
Old March 21, 2011, 08:24 AM
First Class Cricketer

Removal of Loitta indeed will be a great blessing for BD cricket. He is absolutely good for nothing. I wish Saber hossain would be given the charge again. But matter of regret is......some one who is in the good book of the PM or Sports minister will be appointed. But I will not believe the rumor until Loitta is really sacked.
Old March 21, 2011, 08:48 AM
2019 WC Ranking Predictor Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sachin,Klusener

Please God help us...we desperately need leaders like Saber Hossain Chowdhury
Old March 21, 2011, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

yaaaaaayyyyy,loitta hatao desh bachao!
Old March 21, 2011, 10:28 AM
Banned

Quote:
I'm rooting for the GP group. Sorry can't mentioned their names at this point in time but it shouldn't be hard to extrapolate the clues and figure out who they are
WTF? dont tell me Muhammad Yunus from GP is goona be the next head of BCB.
Old March 21, 2011, 11:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

I think it was meant for the CEO, Manzur, who is pretty much missing in action. He was appointed for a year but really hasn't done much. His post was always kinda sorta temporary because we couldnt find a qualified CEO/COO for BCB.

Lotus Kamal is not leaving and even if he leaves, it will be another Awamy League Minister who will replace him, not Saber Hossain Chowdhury. Apparently, things don't get done if the head is not a 'minster' ranked or has high influence. With that thought, I would rather have Labor Hanif, the secretary general of Awamy League, whom I despise more. He has more clout in getting things done or else 'Yunuisified' immediately to Bandarban...
Old March 21, 2011, 12:08 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
IF we give in to the rumour/report, does that mean we all going to see the very change we all desperately wanted ??

For sake of our country, I really hope this report has some base to it and we might see someone else as the Board Chief. SHC has always been our favourite one.

The report also says Pont and Fountain's contract are set to be extended.

http://www.thedailystar.net/newDesig...php?nid=178569
I don't put a lot of faith in our media reports, but if A. H. M. Kamal is kicked out of BCB, it will be the first positive step taken by the authority. Will the powers-to-be have the vision and magnanimity to appoint Saber Hossain Chowdhury to the post. He has been the best we have had, with vision, plan, and execution. But, that would probably be too much to ask from our leadership.

If Ian Pont's contract is extended, I feel good about our bowling future. We need to fix our batting! A good batting coach and a visionary head coach. Not necessarily the biggest names, though.
Old March 21, 2011, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shartaz
This would be the best thing, if it actually happens....

But I don't think he will go, only the PM could remove him...

I think in the long-run the BCB ought to be made a non-partisan quasi-governmental body like Cricket Australia or Cricket Sri Lanka. Enough of this partisan political use of the BCB, as some golden goose.
I have heard that pigs will fly this weekend.
Old March 21, 2011, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
I think it was meant for the CEO, Manzur, who is pretty much missing in action. He was appointed for a year but really hasn't done much. His post was always kinda sorta temporary because we couldnt find a qualified CEO/COO for BCB.

Lotus Kamal is not leaving and even if he leaves, it will be another Awamy League Minister who will replace him, not Saber Hossain Chowdhury. Apparently, things don't get done if the head is not a 'minster' ranked or has high influence. With that thought, I would rather have Labor Hanif, the secretary general of Awamy League, whom I despise more. He has more clout in getting things done or else 'Yunuisified' immediately to Bandarban...
I think this pretty much tells you the reason for the sorry state of affairs at BCB. May be only a "Lotus hothao" campaign in concert with "Bring SHC" might work. Oh, wait. Never mind...
Old March 21, 2011, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafiq

I don't believe loitta will go so easily!
Old March 21, 2011, 11:56 PM
Cricket Savant

Loitta was on Tritoyo Matra last night, being politely but persistently grilled by the host. He came unraveled when confronted with Saber Bhai's reported criticism of the Board and resorted to the worst type of statistical misuse to showcase his success, in all of his chakor-Bangla glory. Then he insisted that Mashrafe was the oldest player in the side and Rex was 23!

Last edited by Sohel; March 22, 2011 at 12:41 AM..