facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 21, 2004, 11:41 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by arafath79
Rokon has played some good innings in the test matches. He is better than Shahriar Hossain in the test matches. He should have been called again.
How do you know that...???

Shahriar Hossain didnt get as many chances as Rokon.

Old November 21, 2004, 11:43 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by nasifkhan
Quote:
Rokon has played some good innings in the test matches. He is better than Shahriar Hossain in the test matches. He should have been called again.

Yes Shahriar hossain did not get many chances.
Old November 21, 2004, 09:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Rokon got so many chances...actually all batsmen got so many chances...all are loosers and we should kick them out from the team and country...
Old November 21, 2004, 11:01 PM
Banned

Very dissapointed to see Al-Shariar back in the fray. I smell a conspiracy hear to bring him back - illogically select Sanwar, then Sanwar leaves, and in comes this great good-for-nothing bat flasher.
Old November 21, 2004, 11:16 PM
Club Cricketer

we now see rokon is in the squad, personally i would have preferred tushar. Rokon has the most ordinary technique, even if he does have a good eye (debatable). He will never score runs consistently. Also i would like to see Shahriar hossain opening. Apart from that good to see the two quicks back.
Old November 21, 2004, 11:22 PM

What else we have for middle order at this moment?
I don't understand why they picked up Sanwar for the first place though.
Now it looks better with Rokon, since he scored some runs in recent domestic league.
Hope he can prove himself this time, using this great opportunity.
Old November 22, 2004, 08:35 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: MashrafeRazzakShakib(atm)

Quote:
Quote:

Shahriar Hossain is unfit for test matches. How he will get the chance for test matches!!!!!!!!! He is getting injured again and again. Al-Sahriar has got better strenght and sporting figure than Shahriar Hossain. He scored so many runs in the test matches for Bd.
Old November 22, 2004, 08:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SS
Rokon got so many chances...actually all batsmen got so many chances...all are loosers and we should kick them out from the team and country...

HEHEHEHE
Old November 22, 2004, 09:28 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Shahriar Hossain is unfit for test matches. How he will get the chance for test matches!!!!!!!!! He is getting injured again and again. Al-Sahriar has got better strenght and sporting figure than Shahriar Hossain. He scored so many runs in the test matches for Bd.

better strength ....hehe ..i dont think so........

He is total crap.......i think he is the only player who have got so many chances but never proved his worth.....

i am quite sure he will fail this time also....
Old November 22, 2004, 09:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

He is total crap.......i think he is the only player who have got so many chances but never proved his worth.....

i am quite sure he will fail this time also....
Old November 22, 2004, 10:16 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

I have a feeling that Al-Shariar won't disappoint the selector and the fans this time. And yeah I am not a fan of him.
Old November 22, 2004, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by ehsan
I have a feeling that Al-Shariar won't disappoint the selector and the fans this time. And yeah I am not a fan of him.
I am sure that you also feel BD will do better this time. But your feeling and reality are 2 different things. Try to add facts and figures to your feeling and I am sure all your feelings will start going the other way.
Old November 22, 2004, 03:49 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Injury problem never let Shahriar hussain's international career take off and now he is retired for strange pool system ( he was quite right to think that he should not be in the pool since he wasn't selected for last 2 series and played for the national team more than 6 months ago). But he is the player in form now and has a solid track record/stat to prove. He can't play longer version matches? You're kidding! He hold the record to score centuries in both innings in first class matches (that was against a foreign team too). He scored 218* for A team in Pakistan not so long ago (this year). Now how many players in our current national team scored a first class double century? (not to mention against foreign team in foreign land). He test record isn't spectacular right, but he has not given enough chances comparing to others.
Old November 23, 2004, 11:36 AM
Test Cricketer

I agree with u Zephaniah, he is suitable for longer version matches but he did not get so many chances like Al-shahriar. I m happy to see Al-shahriar again in the team but i will never compare him with Shahriar hossain.If i have to choose between al-shahriar and shahriar hossain i will always prefer for Shahriar hossain.He is in good form now.He is retire thats why it will be better to think abt Al-shahriar. Best of luck to Al-shahriar.
Old November 24, 2004, 08:09 AM
Banned

Injury problem never let Shahriar hussain's international career take off and now he is retired for strange pool system ( he was quite right to think that he should not be in the pool since he wasn't selected for last 2 series and played for the national team more than 6 months ago). But he is the player in form now and has a solid track record/stat to prove. He can't play longer version matches? You're kidding! He hold the record to score centuries in both innings in first class matches (that was against a foreign team too). He scored 218* for A team in Pakistan not so long ago (this year). Now how many players in our current national team scored a first class double century? (not to mention against foreign team in foreign land). He test record isn't spectacular right, but he has not given enough chances comparing to others. [/quote]

Actually, I saw his batting. I know about his technique. But he doesn't look confident to play strokes before settle down at the wicket. It's true he can play good strokes but he is not consistent. So, Al-Shahriar and Shahriar Hosaain are almost the same kind of batsmen. Al-Sahriar is out of the national team for long time. He should have got a chance again to prove himself.
Old November 24, 2004, 08:11 AM
Banned

i am quite sure he will fail this time also.... [/quote]

Apni ato chetlen keno Al-Sahriarer upor????