facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old March 16, 2007, 07:18 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Difference in wickets of warm ups & the actual tournament?

Upto the warm up games, our team selection was taking up Razzak & Rafique as the 2 of the 4 bowlers in the final eleven, with the fact on our minds that the wickets in Windies will be helping the spinners.

But since the actual tournament has started last tuesday, it seems that both the pacers and the spinners are getting help from the wickets, depending on the venues.

Considering the fact that our pace bowlers, especially Shahadat not having too much match practice during the Warm Up games, is our strategy of playing 2 spinners a wrong one?

I mean, before the tournament started, I thought that Mashrafee and either Tapash or Rasel will bowl with the new ball and then Razzak & Rafique will share the old ball - Saquib being the 5th bowler, but after it started, watching the bounce on the wickets, it seems to me that we may have made a mistake in that front.

I know, this strategy has been discussed in a lot of threads under different topic lately, but what's your opinion so far - watching highlights / full matches of the games live / recorded?