facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 14, 2012, 08:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Definitely all the attention will be on Mominul, Anamul and Kamrul.
Mominul Already have proved his worth in A team. He just need to continue his form. I think a test call is waiting for him.
Anamul has never proved his worth in senior level. He need to show off in this 4 day match to be called in the a team.

Old September 14, 2012, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
Friday, 14 September 2012
BCB Media Release
SAHARA-BCB NCA Team for 1st 4-day match versus West Indies High Performance Squad

The SAHARA-BCB National Cricket Academy squad for the first 4-day (16-19 Sept.) match against touring West Indies High Performance Squad at Sheikh Abu Naser Stadium, Khulna:

Mahmudul Hasan (Captain), Muminul Hoque (Vice Captain), Anamul Haque, Shabbir Rahman, Myshukur Rahman, Tanvir Haider, Nazmul Hossan Opu, Soumya Sarkar, Shaker Ahmed, Kamrul Islam Rabbi, Muktar Ali, Dollar Mahmud, Mizanur Rahman
I was a bit astonished after watching the name of Doller in the academy team. His age is also 23+. He was the heighest wicket taker among the pacers in last N C L. Probably this paid him off.
Old September 14, 2012, 09:18 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Looking forward to see how Mominul, Anamul, Shabbir and Rabbi performs. I am really expecting a lot from them. These players are the reason why I am still hopeful about our future..
Old September 15, 2012, 05:32 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shiv Chanderpaul

Quote:
Originally Posted by WindieFan
I think thats very harsh, Lesporis is a young batsman who has done well for Winwards in the four day competition over the last two years, yes he's not Darren Bravo but he's making his way up in the game and this is what the HPC is there for, to IMPROVE the young players, not everything has to be "political".

Dawes just played a full season for CCC alongside Holder and Mcclean and he done ok, i'm not sure he'll be playing for Jamaica again anytime soon, and lastly Cariah is just unlucky that he plays for Trinidad who already have Narine and Kantasingh, if he does well for HPC though i'm sure he'll be fine.
I actually agree with Gowza that the bench strength is something that's yet to be properly tested...I hope the guys do well, but I'm worried about them. I think the FC stats say it all:

Charles - 17 FC matches, ave 19.32 (bat)

Griffith - three FC matches, ave 9.20 (bat)

Barclay - four FC matches, ave 29.33 (bat)

Fletcher - 44 FC matches, ave 30.93 (bat)

Lesporis - 21 FC matches, ave 24.48 (bat)

Blackwood - one FC match, ave 12 (bat)

Hope - 10 FC matches, ave 22.31 (bat)

Hamilton - 16 FC matches, ave 21.96 (bat)

Ottley - six FC matches, ave 14.90 (bat)

Warrican - three FC matches, averages 16 with both bat and ball

Carlos - 13 FC matches, ave 27.31 (bat) ave 21.69 (bowl)

Cariah - five FC matches, ave 26.23 (bowl)

Cotterell - 10 FC matches, ave 30.38 (bowl)

Cummings - one FC match, no impact

Dawes - 14 FC matches, ave 35 (bowl)

Grant - no FC matches

A couple of things strike you about this squad....

1) Aside from Fletcher, everyone else in the side has played less than 22 FC matches. That means their short of experience, and playing in Bangladesh might be quite a challenge for them.

2) Aside from Fletcher, the batsmen average under 30 in their limited FC careers to date.

I don't think we're looking at any future Brian Laras in this squad, but hopefully a few of the batsmen will develop some consistency which will allow them to cement a place in their regional teams. Maybe Cariah will improve as a spinner, but my main hopes for this tour are to see some progress with some potentially good pacers - Carlos Brathwaite, Jason Dawes, Sheldon Cotterrell, and maybe Miguel Cummings.

But that has been the problem with West Indies cricket in recent times...we can produce a few good bowlers, but the batting cupboard is very bare indeed.
Old September 15, 2012, 08:35 AM
Cricket Legend

Considering the talent (or lack thereof) pool of our upcoming players, I'm expecting to lose the series pretty easily. We'll put up a decent fight with ineffective spin bowlers on our slow, low pitches, but ultimately, good players will overcome our sissy bowlers. West Indies have a much better talent pool than they had 5 or 6 years back, well ahead of our's.
Old September 15, 2012, 02:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.H.Rubel
Definitely all the attention will be on Mominul, Anamul and Kamrul.
Mominul Already have proved his worth in A team. He just need to continue his form. I think a test call is waiting for him.
Anamul has never proved his worth in senior level. He need to show off in this 4 day match to be called in the a team.
Anamul has already hit a 169 for the Academy side against a South African team with Merchant de Lange in the bowling attack.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old September 15, 2012, 03:33 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

BTW none of the matches will be classed FC. As it involves academy sides if it was WI A playing BD A team then its different story.
Old September 16, 2012, 02:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shiv Chanderpaul

Fletcher out for a well-played 105....

Hope going towards a century too...it's a pity this won't be a FC match.

http://digicricket.marssil.com/match...op=2&match=295
Old September 16, 2012, 08:22 AM
Cricket Legend

^ That is one depressing scorecard for a Bangladeshi fan. Horrible, horrible bowling. Abul Hasan really should be playing here - the academy side would gain some much needed fire power.
Old September 16, 2012, 11:14 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shivfan
I actually agree with Gowza that the bench strength is something that's yet to be properly tested...I hope the guys do well, but I'm worried about them. I think the FC stats say it all:

Charles - 17 FC matches, ave 19.32 (bat)

Griffith - three FC matches, ave 9.20 (bat)

Barclay - four FC matches, ave 29.33 (bat)

Fletcher - 44 FC matches, ave 30.93 (bat)

Lesporis - 21 FC matches, ave 24.48 (bat)

Blackwood - one FC match, ave 12 (bat)

Hope - 10 FC matches, ave 22.31 (bat)

Hamilton - 16 FC matches, ave 21.96 (bat)

Ottley - six FC matches, ave 14.90 (bat)

Warrican - three FC matches, averages 16 with both bat and ball

Carlos - 13 FC matches, ave 27.31 (bat) ave 21.69 (bowl)

Cariah - five FC matches, ave 26.23 (bowl)

Cotterell - 10 FC matches, ave 30.38 (bowl)

Cummings - one FC match, no impact

Dawes - 14 FC matches, ave 35 (bowl)

Grant - no FC matches

A couple of things strike you about this squad....

1) Aside from Fletcher, everyone else in the side has played less than 22 FC matches. That means their short of experience, and playing in Bangladesh might be quite a challenge for them.

2) Aside from Fletcher, the batsmen average under 30 in their limited FC careers to date.

I don't think we're looking at any future Brian Laras in this squad, but hopefully a few of the batsmen will develop some consistency which will allow them to cement a place in their regional teams. Maybe Cariah will improve as a spinner, but my main hopes for this tour are to see some progress with some potentially good pacers - Carlos Brathwaite, Jason Dawes, Sheldon Cotterrell, and maybe Miguel Cummings.

But that has been the problem with West Indies cricket in recent times...we can produce a few good bowlers, but the batting cupboard is very bare indeed.
Well Fletcher got a ton, Lesporis 97 and now Hope is on 140 not out, so i guess the batting isn't as bad as you think!! , also i don't agree that just because a player isn't averaging 40 in Fc cricket right now that they can't go on to progress at the top level, these are YOUNGSTERS we're talking about, not players in their 30s, many of them just need to develop their skills a little more, nothing major,

Also we have several youngsters like Barath, Brathwaite, Darren Bravo, Powell etc playing at the top level, with Carter, Leon Johnson and Bonner in the A-team to come, and the majority average over 30 at Fc level, so needless to say i disagree that the cupboard is "bare".

Last edited by WindieFan; September 16, 2012 at 12:20 PM..
Old September 16, 2012, 11:49 AM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

^ lol BURNNNN! Own countryman
Old September 19, 2012, 07:37 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

রকিবà§à¦²à¦•à§‡ অধিনায়ক করে বাংলাদেশ ‘à¦â€™ দল ঘোষণা
সà§à¦ªà§‹à¦°à§à¦Ÿà¦¸ করেসপনà§à¦¡à§‡à¦¨à§à¦Ÿ
বাংলানিউজটোয়েনà§à¦Ÿà¦ ¿à¦«à§‹à¦°.কম

ঢাকা: সফরকারী ওয়েসà§à¦Ÿ ইনà§à¦¡à¦¿à¦œ হাইপারফরমেনà§à¦¸ দলের বিপকà§à¦·à§‡ দà§à¦¬à¦¿à¦¤à§€à§Ÿ চারদিনের মà§à¦¯à¦¾à¦š উপলকà§à¦·à§à¦¯à§‡ বà§à¦§à¦¬à¦¾à¦° রকিবà§à¦² হাসানকে অধিনায়ক করে ১৪ সদসà§à¦¯à§‡à¦° বাংলাদেশ ‘à¦â€™ দল ঘোষণা করেছে বাংলাদেশ কà§à¦°à¦¿à¦•à§‡à¦Ÿ বোরà§à¦¡ (বিসিবি)।

বাংলাদেশ দল: রকিবà§à¦² হাসান (অধিনায়ক), ইমরà§à¦² কায়েম (সহ-অধিনায়ক), শাহরিয়ার নাফীস, নাসিরà§à¦¦à§à¦¦à¦¿à¦¨ ফারà§à¦•, আনামà§à¦² হক, মমিনà§à¦² হক, নাঈম ইসলাম, ফরহাদ হোসেন, সাহাদাত হোসেন, নাজমà§à¦² হোসেন, কামরà§à¦² ইসলাম রাবà§à¦¬à¦¿, à¦à¦¨à¦¾à¦®à§à¦² হক (জà§à¦¨à¦¿à§Ÿà¦°), সাকলায়েন সজিব ও ধীমান ঘোষ।
বাংলাদেশ ‘à¦â€™ দল ও ওয়েসà§à¦Ÿ ইনà§à¦¡à¦¿à¦œ হাইপারফরমেনà§à¦¸ দলের মà§à¦¯à¦¾à¦šà¦Ÿà¦¿ মিরপà§à¦° শেরেবাংলা জাতীয় সà§à¦Ÿà§‡à¦¡à¦¿à§Ÿà¦¾à¦®à§‡à¦¬ ২২ সেপà§à¦Ÿà§‡à¦®à§à¦¬à¦° থেকে শà§à¦°à§ হবে।

à¦à¦¦à¦¿à¦•à§‡ খà§à¦²à¦¨à¦¾ শেখ আবৠনাসের সà§à¦Ÿà§‡à¦¡à¦¿à§Ÿà¦¾à¦®à§‡ অনà§à¦·à§à¦ à¦¿à¦¤ পà§à¦°à¦¥à¦® চারদিনের মà§à¦¯à¦¾à¦šà§‡ সৌমà§à¦¯ সরকারের বà§à¦¯à¦¾à¦Ÿà¦¿à¦‚ দৃà§à¦¤à¦¾à§Ÿ ওয়েসà§à¦Ÿ ইনà§à¦¡à¦¿à¦œ হাইপারফমেনà§à¦¸ দলের সঙà§à¦—ে ডà§à¦° করেছে সাহারা-বিসিবি à¦à¦•à¦¾à¦¡à§‡à¦®à¦¿ দল। দà§à¦¬à¦¿à¦¤à§€à§Ÿ ইনিংসে সৌমà§à¦¯à§‡à¦° ১১৮ রানের ইনিংসটি à¦à¦•à¦¾à¦¡à§‡à¦®à¦¿ দলকে পরাজয় থেকে রকà§à¦·à¦¾ করে।

সà§à¦•à§‹à¦°:
ওয়েসà§à¦Ÿ ইনà§à¦¡à¦¿à¦œ হাইপারফরমেনà§à¦¸ দল: পà§à¦°à¦¥à¦® ইনিংস- ৫৩৪/৯ (১২১ ওভার)
সাহারা-বিসিবি à¦à¦•à¦¾à¦¡à§‡à¦®à¦¿ দল: দà§à¦¬à¦¿à¦¤à§€à§Ÿ ইনিংস- ২১৭/৯ (৮৪ ওভার), পà§à¦°à¦¥à¦® ইনিস-১৯৯ (৭৮.৫ ওভার)

http://www.banglanews24.com/detailsn...19055447139856
Old September 19, 2012, 07:47 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Rok skip? Niceeeeeeeee!!!! BanglaWash on the way and then will lead Bangladesh in the Next T20 WC
হোà¦à¦šà¦Ÿ খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবà§à¦“ হার মানিনি। বাà¦à¦§à¦¾ à¦à¦¸à§‡à¦›à§‡ বারবার, তবà§à¦“ থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘà§à¦°à§‡ দাà¦à§œà¦¾à¦¤à§‡ হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকà§à¦¨... ইনশালà§à¦²à¦¾à¦¹ আলà§à¦²à¦¾à¦¹ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Old September 19, 2012, 07:48 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Anyway, Great to see Anamul and Mominul there

So my XI:

1) Nasiruddin Faruk
2) Imrul Jayes
3) Anamul Haque
4) The Wall Rok
5) Mominul
6)Nayeem Islam
7) Dhiman (wk)
8) Rajib SRK
9) enamul jr
10) Kamrul Rabbi
11) Step son/Saqlain Shgajib
হোà¦à¦šà¦Ÿ খেয়েছি অনেকবার, তবà§à¦“ হার মানিনি। বাà¦à¦§à¦¾ à¦à¦¸à§‡à¦›à§‡ বারবার, তবà§à¦“ থেমে থাকিনি। বাঘেরা জানে কিভাবে ঘà§à¦°à§‡ দাà¦à§œà¦¾à¦¤à§‡ হয়। আপনারা আমাদের সাথেই থাকà§à¦¨... ইনশালà§à¦²à¦¾à¦¹ আলà§à¦²à¦¾à¦¹ ও আমাদের সহায় হবেন। চলো বাংলাদেশ!
Old September 19, 2012, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box
Default BCB Media - Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against the West Indies HP Squad

Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Media Release

Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against the West Indies HP Squad

The Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against touring West Indies High Performance Squad is as follows:
  • Roqibul Hasan (Captain)
  • Imrul Kayes (Vice Captain)
  • Shahriar Nafees
  • Nasiruddin Faruque
  • Anamul Haque
  • Mominul Haque
  • Naeem Islam
  • Farhad Hossain
  • Shahadat Hossain
  • Nazmul Hossain
  • Kamrul Islam Rabbi
  • Enamul Haque (Jr.)
  • Saqlain Sajib
  • Dhiman Ghosh
Old September 19, 2012, 12:43 PM
Club Cricketer

9 players from the national team. This should be a very good contest. I am sure the selectors will look at these bunch of players to recruit for one/two spots in the national side for the WI's visit later this year. Imrul and Anamul I hope gets a recall. We need Imrul to open with TI
Old September 19, 2012, 01:09 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

My squad will be like this/ main xi

Imrul
Nafees
Anamul
Rokibul
Mominul
Farhad/ nayeem
Dhiman
Shahadat
Enamul jr
Najmul
Saqlain sajib
Old September 19, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

I think its a very strong squad and there is no way west indies team can beat this team.
Old September 19, 2012, 02:57 PM
ODI Cricketer

That's a pretty decent squad, only negative is the lack of pacers, would loved to have seen Al Amin and Abu Jayed in there too but it wasn't going to happen considering they were not even picked for the Academy side.

My XI would be:-

1. Shahriar Nafees
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Anamul Haque
4. Naeem Islam
5. Roqibul Hasan
6. Mominul Haque
7. Farhad Hossain
8. Dhiman Ghosh (WK)
9. Enamul Haque (Jr.)
10. Shahadat Hossain
11. Nazmul Hossain

Although the bowling unit looks weak I was forced to choose only two pacers as the only other pacer in the squad was Kamrul Islam Rabbi who had just been dismantled when playing for the academy against this WI side.
Nazmul, Shahadat, and Enamul are going to have to do the bulk of the bowling, with support from Farhad Hossain, who has excellent all-round stats in domestic first class cricket (yea I know it's closer to picnic cricket) and Naeem can be used to provide rest to the other bowlers.
On the other hand batting looks very strong with Dhiman batting down at 8 and Enamul and Shahadat, who are no mugs with the bat, produce a strong tail.
Old September 19, 2012, 03:50 PM
Banned

Agree with Holden Squad above, very nice.
Old September 19, 2012, 06:32 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Holden, having just 3 full time bowlers would not be good enough to take 20 wickets. You need to have at least 4. And looking at our recent results, we need 2 SLA's in order to bowl out the WI. So I would drop Farhad from your team and add Saqlain. I agree with the rest of our squad however. Let's hope we can do better than the tour of India.
Old September 19, 2012, 08:58 PM
ODI Cricketer

Fair point Tiger444, like I said the bowling is weak but that's because of the limited choice in this squad. I chose Farhad over Saqlain as I don't think there is that big a difference in what they bring bowling wise and also Farhad has other advantages.
Farhad actually has a very similar bowling average and strike rate to Saqlain Sajib, and also an offie would add variety to Enamul's SLA. Farhad is also a consistent top performing batsmen in domestic cricket and so would bring a big advantage over Saqlain in terms of batting.
Old September 19, 2012, 09:33 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holden
Fair point Tiger444, like I said the bowling is weak but that's because of the limited choice in this squad. I chose Farhad over Saqlain as I don't think there is that big a difference in what they bring bowling wise and also Farhad has other advantages.
Farhad actually has a very similar bowling average and strike rate to Saqlain Sajib, and also an offie would add variety to Enamul's SLA. Farhad is also a consistent top performing batsmen in domestic cricket and so would bring a big advantage over Saqlain in terms of batting.
Farhad's only a part time bowler though bro. Look at last years NCL stats. He bowled about 100 overs whereas Saqlain bowled about 370 overs. So to rely on Farhad to bowl all those overs and rely on him as a batsman is being defensive IMO. I would have Saqlain in there and have Naeem bowl some of his offies.
Old September 20, 2012, 02:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
Wednesday, 19 September 2012

Media Release

Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against the West Indies HP Squad

The Bangladesh A Team for the 4-day matches against touring West Indies High Performance Squad is as follows:
  • Roqibul Hasan (Captain)
  • Imrul Kayes (Vice Captain)
  • Shahriar Nafees
  • Nasiruddin Faruque
  • Anamul Haque
  • Mominul Haque
  • Naeem Islam
  • Farhad Hossain
  • Shahadat Hossain
  • Nazmul Hossain
  • Kamrul Islam Rabbi
  • Enamul Haque (Jr.)
  • Saqlain Sajib
  • Dhiman Ghosh

Where is Shohag Gazi?
We need to back up an offi.....
His performance was good at India. So why not to back him up? As we dont have any good Offi?

http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...er/444135.html
Old September 20, 2012, 03:41 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

yeah sohag gazi should be there, done really well in domestics and done well when he's got higher chances and as said we need some back up off spin.