facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 25, 2013, 12:53 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee
Default The Afghans in BPL

I am not so surprised that the 3 Afghans that are playing in BPL are contributing signficantly towards their team. Mohammed Nabi, Jardaan are taking wickets regularly and winning matches. Its strange that they are, in some cases, overshadowing the West Indies bowlers in terms their impact to their respective team. I think this is the new begining of the Afghan players and they very well could be featuring in Dhaka league next season. I would say a Shapoor Jardan, with his very limited international exposure, is doing much much better than Bilal Bhatti or Junaied Zia like Pakistani counterparts. Hail to the Afghanis!!

Old January 25, 2013, 12:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Well done. Just saw the most wicket takers in BPL. Nabi and Zadran lare eading the pack.
Old January 25, 2013, 12:58 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

I'd live to see Zadran in DPL.
Old January 25, 2013, 01:01 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Very much impressed with Zadran.. And where is Hamid hassan?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old January 25, 2013, 01:04 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahnaf
Very much impressed with Zadran.. And where is Hamid hassan?

I think Hamid Hasan is a Mashrafee of Afghanistan (Injury prone).
Old January 25, 2013, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafee

And recall, due to these guys, we lost the U19 and almost lost during the Asia Cup.. hence, I am not surprised with their performance. They are seriously the Dark Horses/Black Swan/Under Dogs whatever you name them.... but silently making their presence felt!!
Old January 25, 2013, 01:08 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhakablues
And recall, due to these guys, we lost the U19 and almost lost during the Asia Cup.. hence, I am not surprised with their performance. They are seriously the Dark Horses/Black Swan/Under Dogs whatever you name them.... but silently making their presence felt!!
They depend heavily on the bowling unit, if they can produce good batsmen then future is bright for afghanistan. I am shocked that we don't have anyone except mashrafe who can be compared to Zardan. how and why do the Afghanistani and Pakistani produce excellent/good pace bowlers whereas we can not and to a certain extent India.
Old January 25, 2013, 01:14 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Any smart *** spot fixers

Yep after Pakistan, next bd fans can relate close is the Afgans. Not sure how OP come up to overshadowing the West Indies part, but I aint really very sympathic over a minnow sides to start hailing Afganis. Anyway I'm very impressed with Mohammed Nabi & Shapoor Zardann since there WT20 performance and here.
Old January 25, 2013, 01:16 PM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
I think Hamid Hasan is a Mashrafee of Afghanistan (Injury prone).
hmm.. He missed last bpl due to injury..

Old January 25, 2013, 02:17 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

This is a blessing in disguise and we shouldn't care what the fans of other teams especially Pakistani's think which player we are recruiting. BPL is a chance for players from low ranked nations to earn money and get a lot of games under their belts and in the end, these players including Bangladeshi's are gaining the benefit required for International games. As long as this tournament continues to build and payments and all that are made on time then we don't even need to bother desperately recruiting Pakistani or Indian players and instead go for other countries including associates and get some good deals.
Old January 25, 2013, 03:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

^^^ Thats NOT how BPLT20 will be played. The above concept works for DPLT20 (if forms). You let the young and upcoming players play in DPL. Premier League is for showcasing STAR POWERS.

To get better you play with the best. True.

But the concept of IPL, BPL, BBL is NOT about gaining experience or letting young players play.
Its all about glamour, gambling and making tons of money. So you NEED STAR power. Regardless whether they are in/out of form, retired or old etc. You need name brand in PL. Thats why you see Murali, Ponting, Warne in BBL, Sachin in IPL but not in AUS/IND side.
Old January 25, 2013, 03:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
Yep after Pakistan, next bd fans can relate close is the Afgans. Not sure how OP come up to overshadowing the West Indies part, but I aint really very sympathic over a minnow sides to start hailing Afganis. Anyway I'm very impressed with Mohammed Nabi & Shapoor Zardann since there WT20 performance and here.
After Pakistan, BD fans can best relate to Afghans? Are you kidding me? I'll bet there are far more India fans in BD than Afghanistan fans.
Old January 25, 2013, 03:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Recruting Afgan/Ireland, ZIM players will only lower the value of BPL. It will be classified as a Minnow T20. This time BPL might be a hit/miss. But nest year, get the players from TOP 6 TEST teams, otherwise, no one outside of BD will care for BPL. Cricinfo hardly covers BPL2.
Afgan has a few hundred TV watchers maybe. No one watches cricket in IRE, ZIM. Thats it.

You want to be at the top, get the top class name brand STAR players. period.
Old January 25, 2013, 03:37 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: will let you know after

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Recruting Afgan/Ireland, ZIM players will only lower the value of BPL. It will be classified as a Minnow T20. This time BPL might be a hit/miss. But nest year, get the players from TOP 6 TEST teams, otherwise, no one outside of BD will care for BPL. Cricinfo hardly covers BPL2.
Afgan has a few hundred TV watchers maybe. No one watches cricket in IRE, ZIM. Thats it.

Old January 25, 2013, 03:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cricheart
your love for Pakistan knows no bound ..... just try not to put everyone else inside your own bubble...
Old January 25, 2013, 05:36 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shubho
After Pakistan, BD fans can best relate to Afghans? Are you kidding me? I'll bet there are far more India fans in BD than Afghanistan fans.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HereWeGo
your love for Pakistan knows no bound ..... just try not to put everyone else inside your own bubble...
ooops! forgot about the Indians. aare Dadas raag koren ken.. I'm just trying hail the Afganis with the OP.
Old January 25, 2013, 06:14 PM
Cricket Legend

Really important to note that in BPL if we can play afghan well we can play pakistan as well, because they bowl like pakistani, maybe be they made in pakistan.
Old January 25, 2013, 06:50 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

The incident with PCB has been a blessing in diguise for these Afghan bowlers.
Old January 25, 2013, 07:45 PM
Cricket Legend

I am not against Afgan players, I think they are superb addition.
Few ZIM, IRE players are also great.
I just think we need STAR players to increase the value of BPL.
It also brings more crowds and everybody gets benefited.
Old January 25, 2013, 10:50 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Quote:

Then we should not cry out loud over Bangladeshi players for not being picked in IPL, right ? As far i am concerned, i don't care about stardom of a player as long as he performs in the field. Moreover, unlike the snobby IPL, BPL does encourage star players from associate countries.
Old January 25, 2013, 11:44 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:

I guess it is because of this kind of thinking our players find it so hard to break into IPL, BB etc. The thinking that somehow our players will lower the standard. That's why Shakib continuously has to prove himself and Tamim gets benched even during a horror run by Pune and overall our FTP is so empty.
I would hate to see us give the same treatment to players of emerging teams that we ourselves resent while we are at the receiving end.
Old January 26, 2013, 06:49 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Anamul

I don't understand why some Bangladesh fans are bothered that Shakib or Tamim are benched in IPL big deal not the end of the world. Besides, our Zimbabwe tour will clash with IPL so don't think any Bangladesh player will be playing this seasons IPL a league that has damaged Indian Cricket so dearly.
Old January 26, 2013, 02:43 PM
Club Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamlafan
They depend heavily on the bowling unit, if they can produce good batsmen then future is bright for afghanistan. I am shocked that we don't have anyone except mashrafe who can be compared to Zardan. how and why do the Afghanistani and Pakistani produce excellent/good pace bowlers whereas we can not and to a certain extent India.
Sudden collapses in batting has been our major problem, but I'm sure a new area is beginning inshallah. We've moved a few players up from the U-19 level to stabilize our top/middle order. They are currently touring Pakistan with the senior side and are doing much better than their fellow senior team mates. They bashed Imran Farhat's Lahore Eagles by 6 wickets two days ago.

As of the speed. I think it's all about physic and our passion for speed/big hitting. We've quite a few U-19/17 players who can make it very big
Old January 26, 2013, 03:21 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:
Originally Posted by PathanAFG
Sudden collapses in batting has been our major problem, but I'm sure a new area is beginning inshallah. We've moved a few players up from the U-19 level to stabilize our top/middle order. They are currently touring Pakistan with the senior side and are doing much better than their fellow senior team mates. They bashed Imran Farhat's Lahore Eagles by 6 wickets two days ago.

As of the speed. I think it's all about physic and our passion for speed/big hitting. We've quite a few U-19/17 players who can make it very big
You guys seem to be another Pakistan, tall and pacy fast bowlers, wily spinners and aggressive hard hitting batsmen. Makes sense since many of your players learned cricket from Pakistan and youngsters are following suit. The improvement has been great to watch. You guys still have a ways to go and as much as I want to see you guys in the Test arena ASAP, it's better if you guys take your time and keep developing your FC structure and facilities. We've learned the hard way since we got handed the Test status way too early.
Old January 26, 2013, 03:42 PM
Test Cricketer

PLs aint much about class cricket, on the contrary last CLT20 match results reflect lots about it, when it was about winning it than showing it Stars falls. Foreign stardom is very needed to bring this entertainment show into financially successful one. Since India & Pakistan choosed the option to boycott BPL, organisers needs to set a different standard here for these perforrmers to give exposer of new Star power. We cant neither dance with Tendulkar nor can appear at gallery with "Marry me Afridi" placard. Those stardoms are not sellable to us anymore. We got no option but create new ones here, like BPL1 managed to provide with Gayle & few other Pakistanis.
For this some over-rating may trigger; but If few Afgans talents are slowly managing to acquire it, I cant see much problems but good for the overall league lucrativity with diversity. It should be noted that, All these wont change the minnow status of the respective performer's country of origin outside but in inside who are watching it will have better judgement of these players. BPL needs to keep continuing creating such Stars along with locals, for what I dont mind if they go to Namibia or new Guinea.