facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 3, 2011, 11:02 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion
Default Will indians outnumber the Bangladeshis on Feb 19?

The news that tickets for the opening encounter have already been sold out certainly came as a shock to me. Because as far as I know, ticket sales have gone at a snail's pace in the first couple of days. How come all the tickets for the first game itself is sold out. Why not other high voltage encounters like BD-SA or BD-WI? The tickets were also available online, and this just gives me the feeling that the indians might have snapped most of all the tickets available online. One of the retail outlets managed to sell only 35 tickets on the first day as per the reports, and others were as good as non functional on the first day, and the next day, we hear tickets sold out for feb 19! This just doesnt sound right, and we might just see the indians invading Mirpur, and serve as the homeground for those blue cricketers. What do other veteran members of this forum think? Shall we see indians outnumbering us or even be in equal ratio, come Feb 19? This might just be the most "saddest" start (sorry, couldnt find any other word) to our World Cup campaign, and another failure in part of BCB.

Old January 4, 2011, 12:51 PM
Cricket Sage

Ok seriously? 1) Its sad that you think our home crowd will be outnumbered and 2) so what if they are? If more Indian fans show up than BD fans, is BD going to lose or something. Stop worrying about stuff that shouldn't even matter. And worry about how our players will actually perform on the field.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old January 4, 2011, 01:08 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

What is your source?
Old January 4, 2011, 03:52 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib,KP,Steyn

Since UDRS is not available India like any other big team will outnumber BD in the field. It will be a 11 vs 12 match. If Ash plays for BD then it will be 10 against 12.
The Indian crowd cant outnumber BD crowd but there are strong chance our MPs and Ministers outnumbering general spectators.
Old January 4, 2011, 07:51 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Saudi Capital

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy
Ok seriously? 1) Its sad that you think our home crowd will be outnumbered and 2) so what if they are? If more Indian fans show up than BD fans, is BD going to lose or something. Stop worrying about stuff that shouldn't even matter. And worry about how our players will actually perform on the field.

Blad, there's something called atmosphere. And I wanna get revenge of the match of WT20 '09 here in England where 95% of the spectators were Indians and roasted the B'deshis, on and off the field, alive.
Old January 5, 2011, 12:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Whats the point of playing at your home ground if you are going to be outnumbered?

In football, aways fans get allotments often not more than 10% of total ground capacity, so as to provide a visible home field advantage ...

And its not as if we couldnt fill 90% of the stadium with our supporters...
Old January 5, 2011, 02:29 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

ind possibly cant out numbered due to quota system in ticket selling. of cotrse they buy from third party i.e. black

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old January 6, 2011, 12:19 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Quote:
Originally Posted by bangladesh_sy

Are you ****ing kidding me, do you have any idea the advantage of 90,000 people cheering you on?
Old January 6, 2011, 02:52 PM
Cricket Sage

^ 90,000? Nafi the stadium holds 25,000 people. If we were to get out numbed (which I know we won't) it will be such a small number that it won't even matter.

My point was this is the last thing we should be worrying about. To the thread opener have you seen how people are going crazy over tickets? Ain't no way in hell we are going to get outnumbered.
Old January 6, 2011, 04:26 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

who the hell cares.....there will be 1000000 bangladeshis outside the stadium roaring for the tigers........ar indianra beshi poddari dekhaile mirpurer khaler moddhe niye chubani dimu shobgulare.....bangali cheno nai monu
Old January 7, 2011, 09:47 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Rafi_
Since UDRS is not available India like any other big team will outnumber BD in the field. It will be a 11 vs 12 match. If Ash plays for BD then it will be 10 against 12.
The Indian crowd cant outnumber BD crowd but there are strong chance our MPs and Ministers outnumbering general spectators.
I'm pretty sure UDRS is being used in the World Cup. We should have a strategy in place to make the best use of this system as I think this is the first time it will be used in ODIs. We all know that Bangladesh more often than not have been on the receiving end of bad umpiring decisions. As far as I can remember we used the system really poorly on the tour of New Zealand.

India's stubbornness and disregard for UDRS should be used to our advantage. As we will be playing on home pitches we should be able to judge the bounce, pace, turn etc better than others and so should use this information effectively for such things as LBW decisions etc. In the recent Ashes series I remember when M Hussey was batting on his home pitch, he knew the pace and bounce of the wicket so well and used this information to correctly review LBW decisions to his favour.

The wicket keepers have a crucial role when deciding whether to review a decision for the fielding team. Mushfiqur (or whoever else is keeping) should be advised before hand on what to look out for and how best to judge if a review should be used or not. Players should be coached on for example; knowing the difference between the sound of the edge off the bat to the sound off the pads. When batting, the batsmen at the non-strikers end could watch out for no-balls from the bowler and also watch and help judge if a LBW decision should be reviewed. There are probably lots of things like this that we should be coaching the players on.
Old January 9, 2011, 11:01 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

honestly i don't really care if ever single seat was packed with Indian fans, except that it would look bad. but i dont think it means anything to our boys or the way they should play the game. reality might be different.

at any rate, i think BCB should cap the number of Indians at say 15-20% of the stadiums capacity. thats still letting 4-5 thousand Indians in. Perhaps another 1000 tix should be saved for NRBs, and the rest going to BD fans.

#OneTeam1Dream
Old January 9, 2011, 11:41 PM

Favorite Player: Mash

no way!
Old January 10, 2011, 12:38 AM
Banned

Good point since I heard the BD-WI match is way undersold.