facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 18, 2011, 01:59 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

I hate the idea of giving captaincy to all those young boys who have crossed their teen age some days ago.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition

Old April 19, 2011, 09:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

how about riyad? i think he will be captain cool
Old April 19, 2011, 11:03 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: da silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamisa
how about riyad? i think he will be captain cool
Great shout... I feel SN would be best and Ryad as Vice Captain... but Ryad may be the one for the long term future
Old April 19, 2011, 01:17 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Wasim Akram,Shakib,Mushy

Not another change, goodness me. BCB changes captains like they're changing underwear. Pick one guy, stick with him. It's a learning process and they will gradually get better. Playing musical chair with captains isn't gonna work.
Old April 19, 2011, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

Let Mahmudullah become captain, then he can bat at no.4 and bowl his full quota. Instead of playing a plan B role
Old April 19, 2011, 01:54 PM
BC Editorial Team

@Navo - top post
@LBW - no doubt Shak is arrogant. If that is impacting his desire/drive to become better than absolutely he needs to be brought down a peg or two. I just think he needed a change. Going to IPL, even though it's 20/20 will do him a world of good. He'll realize by watching a Kallis or Gambhir or a Lee just how much the greats work at their game. His good upward curve for Worcs and for IPL seem to indicate that the desire still burns - it just needs to be stoked.

As for the general captaincy issue - much as I don't like Shak's complacency - the corrective course will be to get a strong-minded, disciplinarian coach. Riyadh may make a great captain in the future, but let him cement the #4 slot first.

What we need more than anything else is some Test Cricket. Oh please some rich cricket country have some mercy and host us.
Old April 19, 2011, 07:31 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Thank you for the complements . This is not strictly related to the topic of this thread but RazabQ's comment regarding playing more Tests prompted me to write this here. What do you all think about the idea of a Bangladeshi side (along with a Sri Lankan and Afghani side) participating regularly in the Duleep Trophy? (Wiki it if you are not familiar with the competition) It wouldn't necessarily have to be the National Team itself but it could be a team of our best 15 domestic first-class players from the NCL. It was an idea suggested by Shashi Tharoor MP in a recent article he wrote on Cricinfo and I think it has some merit. Not only is it a first-class competition but it's also hosted close to home. There may be questions as to how high the quality of the matches would be in comparison to our own domestic ones and whether there would be any special benefit from playing on the flat batting decks offered in India and their often sub-par fast-bowling but I believe that our team still has a lot to learn about playing spin bowling and batting out games on slow/batting-friendly wickets. Our batsman could potentially pick these attributes up by playing in the Duleep Trophy. And our bowlers will achieve a more realistic understanding of their abilities and hone their skills against more competitive first-class teams.

Alongside this, we can of course try to continue sending our batsman and fast-bowlers to England, Australia or South Africa for training and/or matches in their first-class leagues. We may not become a Test playing force abroad immediately but we should work towards becoming indomitable in home conditions like Sri Lanka largely are.

If you are interested in Shashi Tharoor's article, it is available here: http://www.espncricinfo.com/magazine...s=all#comments
Old April 19, 2011, 11:18 PM
BC Editorial Team

I am all for it but I'm more for some of the fixes I suggest here ...
Old April 19, 2011, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Let Mahmudullah become captain, then he can bat at no.4 and bowl his full quota. Instead of playing a plan B role
Riyad as captain?! He even doesn't like to talk!!
How he would be able to manage all the human aspects of other players?