facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old May 30, 2004, 04:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Default BD dropped catches

can anyone who has been here all day pls post all the BD drops - who, when, off whose bowling?

Old May 30, 2004, 04:16 PM
Cricket Legend

ok, my return to the board means we can start taking catches now. 5th down. I'll stay a bit.
Old May 30, 2004, 05:31 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

This is the worst the Tigers have fielded in the longest time...It is case of nerves! nothing else! Tomorrow we will hopefully see a much more focussed effort. Godwilling!
Old May 30, 2004, 05:38 PM
ODI Cricketer

One thing to be happy about, BD caught Smithy ! if they had dropped him aswell, then he would have been on his way to a 2nd hundred.
Old May 30, 2004, 06:10 PM
ODI Cricketer

From what I gathered from commentry, Gayle was dropeed thrice; Lara (of Mushfique), Sarwan and Chanderpal (of Rafique) were dropeed once each. Hannan, Rajun (twice), Ash and Golla were the culprits. All of the catches were in the circle -- gully, midwicket, mid-on etc. Tareq was also the unlucky bowler for one of the missed chances (don't know which one).
Old May 30, 2004, 06:27 PM
Test Cricketer

Total number of catches dropped : 9
Source : CricInfo!

Gayle was dropped on 24, 28 and 47
Old May 30, 2004, 08:35 PM
Cricket Legend

I thought I heard in the commentator's summary that Aziz had 2 dropped off him. Anyway, we need to bring the entire package to win a match, until we do games will always slip away like they did at Multan and maybe here in St. Lucia. On the other hand, when everyone expects you to get crushed, being on top even after 3 days is a good place to be!
Old May 30, 2004, 11:44 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

to me, it seems like this match will create (if not already done) the world record of dropped catches, adding both sides. my question is, why? the kinda ground fielding i saw (thanx to cricipagol), its hard to say that their fielding has become worse. and the same thing happended with WI. why? one thing, i'm thinking is the red color of the seats. since they are mostly empty, does that hide the red ball? i'm not trying to back our team here, if those catches were taken, we could dream about winning tomorrow. but i'm just wondering, why?

[Edited on 31-5-2004 by AgentSmith]
Old May 31, 2004, 05:46 AM
ODI Cricketer

about the WI drop catches,

it was ONLY the butterfingers Fidel Edwards who dropped ALL FOUR !!!, WI fielders really have safe hands, but it seems Edwards is just useless at moving his hands towards the ball.

If you want to see someone catch a ball, you should see Dwayne Smith, the boy will run a mile, dive, forward roll and catch the ball with ease!
Old May 31, 2004, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by EngWIndian
about the WI drop catches,

it was ONLY the butterfingers Fidel Edwards who dropped ALL FOUR !!!, WI fielders really have safe hands, but it seems Edwards is just useless at moving his hands towards the ball.

If you want to see someone catch a ball, you should see Dwayne Smith, the boy will run a mile, dive, forward roll and catch the ball with ease!
this may sound harsh but I think most of BD fielder are butter fingered. We had this disease of dropping catches for a long time and still havent improved!