facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Match Archive

Match Archive Relive the match-time passion (Read Only)

Old December 6, 2012, 04:18 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

We need to get the two key wickets early... Galye and Samuels
The rest are still struggling to cope with our spinners. I hope that will continue into the fourth ODI.
We need to seriously plan on how to survive against Narine if the pitch does turn the same way as it did last game. Cross batted shots should be avoided by Mushy and Tamim needs to be careful with his square cuts. Hope Nasir and Naeem will make some contribution. At least a few 30+ innings from them is required.

Old December 6, 2012, 05:18 AM
Test Cricketer

just passing by, let it be an XI of 4th ODI of BD team from my choice :
1) Tamim
2) Anamul
3) Naeem
4) Nasir
5) Mushy
6) Riad
7) Mominul
8) Zia
9) Mash
10) Gazi
11) Razzak.

As mominul does well in bowling in the 3rd ODI no need to play and extra spinner. Rubel doesn't bowl 10 overs and not look good, so drop him, get Zia in, we could have some extra run on the board. A 260+ score and some good bowling with some good catching in the slips specially, we are good to grab the series in next match.
I still believe if if only mash could take the catch of Samuels in the first slip, we might win the 3rd ODI.
Old December 6, 2012, 05:20 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
We need to get the two key wickets early... Galye and Samuels
The rest are still struggling to cope with our spinners. I hope that will continue into the fourth ODI.
We need to seriously plan on how to survive against Narine if the pitch does turn the same way as it did last game. Cross batted shots should be avoided by Mushy and Tamim needs to be careful with his square cuts. Hope Nasir and Naeem will make some contribution. At least a few 30+ innings from them is required.
I think naeem needs to score a ton if he want to stay in the ODI team of BD. Already fan's are calling for his exclusion.
Old December 6, 2012, 06:01 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib and Tamim

Last match ta stadium ke deksilam,batting could have been better.Bowling was really good i would say,45th over e Rubel ke dawar mane bujhlam nah.The pitch was turning and Mushfiq jokhn Mominul ke bowl koray dekse o turn koracche he could have given the ball to Nasir or Nayeem(he had 5 overs left).Maybe bd harto still onek close jeto.Amra bujhte parle Mushfiq kan bujhbe nah.It was a stupid mistake.Dukkho paisi.In Sha Allah kalke jacchi i hope they dont dissappoint me.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old December 6, 2012, 06:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nafis 1718
Last match ta stadium ke deksilam,batting could have been better.Bowling was really good i would say,45th over e Rubel ke dawar mane bujhlam nah.The pitch was turning and Mushfiq jokhn Mominul ke bowl koray dekse o turn koracche he could have given the ball to Nasir or Nayeem(he had 5 overs left).Maybe bd harto still onek close jeto.Amra bujhte parle Mushfiq kan bujhbe nah.It was a stupid mistake.Dukkho paisi.In Sha Allah kalke jacchi i hope they dont dissappoint me.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Hope so.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Opera Mobile)
Old December 6, 2012, 06:17 AM
Test Cricketer

From Isam bhais match preview : The pitch for the 4th odi would be a batting paradise.
its not a good sign i think, mushy should win the toss this time otherwise it will be very difficult for us.

Old December 6, 2012, 06:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Pitch and conditions

The pitch for the third ODI was a challenge for the batsmen, but the one for the fourth game could be a batting paradise. In that case, batting second will be much easier under lights.

Stats and trivia

The last time West Indies came back from 1-2 down to win a series was against Zimbabwe in the 2003-04 season.

Bangladesh have a poor win-loss record in Dhaka - 24 won out of 84 - compared to other venues in the country - 18 wins out of 36 . . . . . . http://www.espncricinfo.com/banglade...ry/595609.html
Old December 6, 2012, 06:45 AM
Administrator

DHAKA, Thursday, 06 December 2012

Media Release

SAHARA CUP 2012: Mohammad Elias added to Bangladesh squad

Left arm spinner Mohammad Elias has been included in the Bangladesh squad as an additional member for the last two ODIs of the Sahara Cup series.
Old December 6, 2012, 06:53 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
DHAKA, Thursday, 06 December 2012

Media Release

SAHARA CUP 2012: Mohammad Elias added to Bangladesh squad

Left arm spinner Mohammad Elias has been included in the Bangladesh squad as an additional member for the last two ODIs of the Sahara Cup series.
it means, he will replace rubel. its greate.

Old December 6, 2012, 06:57 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

^^ good move. I say drop a pacer (prolly Rubel) and play another spinner.

3 genuine spinners (Shohag, Razzaq, Sunny) + 1 pacer (Mash) + 3 part timers (Riyad, Naeem, Mominul)
Old December 6, 2012, 07:01 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by riajul
it means, he will replace rubel. its greate.

Don't be so sure..it probably depends on the team management, what combination they want to go...they have Zia and Sunny...to chose from.
Old December 6, 2012, 07:12 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

At least they're learning from Asia Cup mistake.

My Team:

1. Tamim
2. Anamul
3. Naeem
4. Mushfiqur
5. Nasir
6. Mominul
7. Mahmudullah
8. Mashrafe
9. Sohag
10. Razzak
11. Elias
Old December 6, 2012, 07:21 AM
Cricket Legend

Kick out Naeem and bring in Zia. Sunny in for Rubel

1.Tamim
2.Anamul
3.Mushfiq
4.Mominul
5.Nasir
6.Mahmudullah
7.Zia
8.Sohag
9.Mashrafe
10.Sunny
11.Razzak
Old December 6, 2012, 07:23 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
just saw, Sunil narine, Ravi rampaul, and Darren bravo in basundhara city.
I asked them for a photo, but they denied.
Ravi rampaul has biceps as wide as my thighs
I met Rampaul a few times in Dublin. He didn't seem like a guy who would refuse to take photos
Old December 6, 2012, 07:53 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Here's my fear... and it's a recurring nightmare for BD... the fast bowlers are slowly being eliminated one by one from Bangladesh Cricket.

It would appear, the best way for any fast bowler to secure a place in the team in the future, is to literally be an all rounder.

I don't deny that at this time, the fast bowling unit has been destroyed and why play bowlers who simply cannot perform well enough. But my point is that no other current teams would do what Bangladesh might do, and play just one pace bowler.

It's so very sad to witness, Rubel, Shafiul and Nazmul all being set aside just 18 months after I left the role of bowling coach. Whatever the BCB has or hasn't learned, the fact you need to bring through fast bowlers to win Test matches and ODI's is sound. You do not dominate world cricket with spinners. No team ever has. It's either a pace attack to be scared of, or a batting line up that can chase down any target.

So very sad to see where the pace unit has come to
Old December 6, 2012, 08:00 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Yesss. Rest Rubel and bring in Sunny pls. Let's win this and we can play 5 pacers in the last game

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)
Old December 6, 2012, 08:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Yesss. Rest Rubel and bring in Sunny pls. Let's win this and we can play 5 pacers in the last game

Old December 6, 2012, 08:16 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian Pont
Here's my fear... and it's a recurring nightmare for BD... the fast bowlers are slowly being eliminated one by one from Bangladesh Cricket.

It would appear, the best way for any fast bowler to secure a place in the team in the future, is to literally be an all rounder.

I don't deny that at this time, the fast bowling unit has been destroyed and why play bowlers who simply cannot perform well enough. But my point is that no other current teams would do what Bangladesh might do, and play just one pace bowler.

It's so very sad to witness, Rubel, Shafiul and Nazmul all being set aside just 18 months after I left the role of bowling coach. Whatever the BCB has or hasn't learned, the fact you need to bring through fast bowlers to win Test matches and ODI's is sound. You do not dominate world cricket with spinners. No team ever has. It's either a pace attack to be scared of, or a batting line up that can chase down any target.

Coach, just curious to know..do you think giving Rubel was a strategic mistake from Mushy or is it that Rubel could not deliver? Want your views on it..
Old December 6, 2012, 08:36 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

Quote:

Maybe we could be the first. :wink: We should also take in to account that Shafiul and especially Rubel had severe shoulder injuries and were out for quite some time. Maybe this is why both have struggled so far. T20s are a tough place to come back to and I feel Shafiul just couldn't find his feet. Rubel looked poor in the 1st innings of the 1st test but then looked much better. We have to remember also that before they got injured, they weren't the best of pacers. So it was a setback for sure. Nazmul has always had injury issues which has hampered his progress as well.

So overall I'm not too worried. I still remain optimistic about them. Yes they're far from finished products but I'm sure they'll get there and hope they don't suffer anymore severe injuries.

Old December 6, 2012, 09:08 AM
First Class Cricketer

No Rubel please.... bring Shafiul or whoever.
Old December 6, 2012, 09:08 AM
Cricket Guru
BPL 2015 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Tamim, Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98

Couldn't agree more. We have a series to win here and we must do anything to do that. If playing one pacer can do that for us then so be it. No need to cry over pacers when they give away 24 runs in one over.
Old December 6, 2012, 09:13 AM
Ex Bangladesh National Bowling Coach
Dhaka Gladiators Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Out_You_Go
Coach, just curious to know..do you think giving Rubel was a strategic mistake from Mushy or is it that Rubel could not deliver? Want your views on it..
A captain makes decisions assuming people are going to bowl well/bat well/field well etc. The problem is if a bowler has a shocker of an over then there's nothing you can do except take them off afterwards.

I cannot comment on whether Mushy felt he needed to 'gamble' with Rubel at at that stage or whether he wasn't happy to leave him an extra over closer to the end, but had Rubel bowled a great over, this conversation wouldn't be relevant.

You have to remember that Rubel is not in to field or bat, but to bowl and he is a front line bowler. It wasn't as if Mushy was asking Tamim to bowl, but a key bowler in his attack.

A captain cannot predict what is going to happen when he changes something. All things being equal he would have expected perhaps a wicket and just a handful of runs in that over.

My ORIGINAL point about only playing one pacer is relevant because this is a symptom of the general malaise affecting BD cricket right now. Had Rubel and Mash taken 4 wickets each, fans wouldn't be asking for a virtually all spin attack. I agree selectors have to pick the best sides to win matches 100%. No issues with that. I am simply concerned for the worsening of the pace bowlers in Bangladesh generally.

Someone has to take responsibility to improve them
Old December 6, 2012, 09:41 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
?................ ............ ........ I am simply concerned for the worsening of the pace bowlers in Bangladesh generally.

That's a concern I'm sure, shared by every BD fan and all those associated with Bangladesh cricket.

Hope the people responsible, will do something to improve them....It's a serious issue for us, no doubt.
Old December 6, 2012, 09:48 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
My ORIGINAL point about only playing one pacer is relevant because this is a symptom of the general malaise affecting BD cricket right now. Had Rubel and Mash taken 4 wickets each, fans wouldn't be asking for a virtually all spin attack. I agree selectors have to pick the best sides to win matches 100%. No issues with that. I am simply concerned for the worsening of the pace bowlers in Bangladesh generally.

Agree coach but I doubt anything will change abruptly now as we really have to win the remaining matches...but what is the future plan of BCB reviving the pace we have no clue...I doubt there is plan...after Mash all pacers are fading away due to so many problems you and fellow BC members mentioned. The problem is the mindset of cricket administrators and politicians probably very different than lots of us in this board (not to be hursh I wonder how they are eligible for such an important posts). I will be happy that day when many of us from here will have the opportunity to do something for our cricket. Our elite members who know way better than me already mentioned about the hurdles. But I hope next generation leaders will understand and put politics out of sports for betterment of BD cricket.
Old December 6, 2012, 09:52 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoodlum
Kick out Naeem and bring in Zia. Sunny in for Rubel

1.Tamim
2.Anamul
3.Mushfiq
4.Mominul
5.Nasir