facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 27, 2011, 04:45 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion
Default How rich are our cricketers?

Cricket has become a glamour sport for this country, and i guess it's already reached a level where some boys in this country might take up this sport to gain stardom, fame (well, who doesnt?).....thanks to the era of shakib, and tamim, and the upcoming young world class breeds....but i was wondering, i mean in countries like india and australia, being a cricketer can be the first choice for a sport for any aspiring young sportsperson....coz of the money available in form of ipl and big bash in respective countries, and also lucrative contracts and offers they get from boards, companies, etc.....whereas in windies, or nz, its just the opposite..cricket just isnt a money making game in those countries....(a reason why so many windies players are flocking to other foreign leagues)....and theres rugby for a young kiwi kid to become a hero rather than try in cricket.....considering all these...bangladesh is surely not one of these nations...and there is no doubt a young boy from a rural village in Bangladesh would know trying something in cricket can get him huge sums compared to football.....BUT once again, how EXACTLY rich are our cricketers on an international level? Are they rich compared to only Bangladesh lifestyle? like do they earn more than any other profession in bangladesh? or is it that on an international level, they earn hefty amounts good enough for a lavish living too in a foreign land? i am not talking of comparing with with epl, or football clubs, no wayyy...thats peanuts i know....but i am talking, say, how do our decent national cricketers cumulative (total earnings) salary compare, say to an MIT Masters/PHD graduate in engineering? dont bring in the example of shakib, he doesnt represent the general state of bangladeshi cricketers.....but more like what about likes of mushfiqur, rubel, razzak etc, coz these guys came from modest backgrounds....

Old August 27, 2011, 05:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

In one word: Very.
Even our Board gives more prize money for MoM than the likes of NZ, SA, Zim
Old August 27, 2011, 05:03 PM
Banned

I see that you are interested in becoming a cricketer instead of doing a Degree and a PHD ?

I can tell you that all our players get a free flat, free car and some other free things courtesy of some private companies who like to advertise by giving them these free things.
Old August 27, 2011, 06:06 PM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

^sadly most of..err..no all of them doesn't deserve this
Old August 27, 2011, 08:15 PM

Favorite Player: Mash, Riyad, Tamim

just look at the premier league contracts for last year for our National players. You will have an ideal about Half of what they make.........

Shalar eto koshto koira pora lekha kori oikhane SSC pass koira lakhe e kamaite se tao abar cricket kheilla. Amar baapre uthte boshte kotha shunai. Amare jodi Ideal School bhroti na koraiya BKSP te koraito tahole ajke Canada aisha MBA korar jonno jaan kurbaan korte hoito na
Old August 28, 2011, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
I see that you are interested in becoming a cricketer instead of doing a Degree and a PHD ?

I can tell you that all our players get a free flat, free car and some other free things courtesy of some private companies who like to advertise by giving them these free things.
i don't think our cricketers get free flat, free car
Old August 28, 2011, 01:00 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq
just look at the premier league contracts for last year for our National players. You will have an ideal about Half of what they make.........

Shalar eto koshto koira pora lekha kori oikhane SSC pass koira lakhe e kamaite se tao abar cricket kheilla. Amar baapre uthte boshte kotha shunai. Amare jodi Ideal School bhroti na koraiya BKSP te koraito tahole ajke Canada aisha MBA korar jonno jaan kurbaan korte hoito na
cricketer houao ato soja na oder o onek kosto korte hoise...to akon team e chance pabar por babaji ra r kosto korena
Old August 28, 2011, 02:20 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

Quote:
Originally Posted by rinathq

when u r 1ge is about 30-32, u will complete ur MBA or equivalent or further studies and will get into a job and will start a regular secure earning. u will get promotions , salary increase etc etc for the next 25-30 years.

but a cricketer will have to retire at 30-32 ...... thats the end of his regular secure earning. now he has to do either coaching, selection job, business, commentating. all these are temporary jobs.
Old August 28, 2011, 02:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
^sadly most of..err..no all of them doesn't deserve this
Why not?
Old August 28, 2011, 02:45 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Any1 who gives his best

Quote:
Originally Posted by offstump
when u r 1ge is about 30-32, u will complete ur MBA or equivalent or further studies and will get into a job and will start a regular secure earning. u will get promotions , salary increase etc etc for the next 25-30 years.

but a cricketer will have to retire at 30-32 ...... thats the end of his regular secure earning. now he has to do either coaching, selection job, business, commentating. all these are temporary jobs.
Rightly said.. they just have a seasonal business. if they are in form they will hit but injury and age will soon bring them to the hut.. its just like a hen who gives golden egg. the cricketers kill the hen to get all the available golden eggs at a time.- they get all the fame and money at a very young age whereas the phd holders still read at that time- feeding the hen so that it can give golden eggs for the rest of his life.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old August 28, 2011, 03:10 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:

Quote:
Crisis: can tell you that all our players get a free flat, free car and some other free things courtesy of some private companies who like to advertise by giving them these free things.
IMO, both of you are right. On one hand they need to have a good salary package, at the same time ... we shouldnt start distributing flats and plots after a win, except winning World Cup.

But I think, the base salaries should set reasonably low. Every one should have a lower basic salary and the Match fee should be set according to their performance. Even there could be negative fees (Deductions) for poor performances. Otherwise, just appear, score a duck and earn the same money like a performer, is pure bulsh*t. That doesn't inspire/compell players to give their everything for a better performance.

The only language they surely will understand. When it hurts your pocket, you need no consultant/motivator to tell you what to do. If they have technical issues, they will run after the coach, instead of coach running after them and yet struggling to convince them, currently.

They must earn the money by hard work. Gifts aren't working positive with our players at this moment.
Old August 28, 2011, 03:17 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Shakib earns around 1 000000 $ a year .
I think he earns more than that

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 28, 2011, 03:32 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by crikss
i don't think our cricketers get free flat, free car
Yes, they get Cash/Flat/Plot. It started with wining ICC trophy and a few times there after. The last occassion was 4-0 NZ white wash.
Old August 28, 2011, 03:55 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

*hats off* I completely agree with you.....nijer pocket jokhon khali hobe...tokhon shobaii jan pran diye khelte chabe....seriously ei loitta re keno rakhse government...they should elect a cricket-literate person for this post....
Old August 28, 2011, 03:56 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Shakib earns around 1 000000 $ a year .
I think he earns more than that

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
wow!!! Onno keu hole to kokhon bd team ke tata bye bye bole bideshe khelto....ar shakib to tao khele...ebong shobar criticism o hojom kore....
Old August 28, 2011, 04:31 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Why not?
we dont get enough feedbacks
Old August 28, 2011, 06:37 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:

wah,never thought of it like that,very good point indeed.
Old August 28, 2011, 06:41 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

what ever we say guys, no player(almost) likes to earn money through poor performance.
no one likes to lose a match.
the real satisfaction for a player I believe is in performing well & winning matches.

remember one thing,we are fans cause we are passionate about this game,but it takes more passion & determination to become a cricketer.
Old August 28, 2011, 07:10 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

BD National players are poor compared to players from SA, India, England, Australia,SL
. NZ, Zim, WI and Pakistan probably are slightly behind.
In England,SA and Australia, the players dont get free cars and land and houses.
I feel that the national players have been overcompensated and spoilt by the Board and Government.
Old August 28, 2011, 08:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zainab
BD National players are poor compared to players from SA, India, England, Australia,SL
. NZ, Zim, WI and Pakistan probably are slightly behind.
In England,SA and Australia, the players dont get free cars and land and houses.
I feel that the national players have been overcompensated and spoilt by the Board and Government.
Actually, they earn more than the England players, as in England, a player wouldn't get close to what say Shakib and Tamim would get (except playing in the IPL). Sri Lanka, again, if you bar IPL, they make less as well. South africa, India and Australia are the three that earn more.
Old August 28, 2011, 09:19 AM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

^^ Really? People like Pietersen and Swann, even barring the IPL, get paid less than Shakib and Tamim?!
Old August 28, 2011, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
^^ Really? People like Pietersen and Swann, even barring the IPL, get paid less than Shakib and Tamim?!
Yep. Remember, sponsors and brand names and such... Shakib has many, UCB, Pepsi... Boost, Honda...
Old August 28, 2011, 10:11 AM
Cricket Legend

oooh Honda?! Would love to see him in an ad :P
Old August 28, 2011, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ashraful,mashrafe,shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Actually, they earn more than the England players, as in England, a player wouldn't get close to what say Shakib and Tamim would get (except playing in the IPL). Sri Lanka, again, if you bar IPL, they make less as well. South africa, India and Australia are the three that earn more.
Man, get some sources to back your crazy theory. English players have an average yearly contract worth 300,000 pounds and Bangladeshi players have about 15,000 pound. Match fees of English players go as high a 6000-7000 pounds, and Bangladeshi players earn a match fee of about 1000 dollars.

Australia, India, England pays their player the most. Looking at their market, glamour, it's quite understandable.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/a...ters-earn.html
Old August 28, 2011, 12:26 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Yep. Remember, sponsors and brand names and such... Shakib has many, UCB, Pepsi... Boost, Honda...
Yeah, but do we have any idea how much Shakib and Tamim are getting from their sponsors? I mean Castrol and HP computers could be paying Shakib and Tamim what sounds like a good sum of money in Taka but is not exceptional in GBP while Swann and Pietersen could be getting the same quantity in GBP for a much smaller brand.

I know that the money that the players, especially the aforementioned two, make is the main income they will be earning in their lifetimes but I can't help but wonder what Shakib will spend $400k+ from the IPL on, in Bangladesh?! Given that he doesn't have to pay for his food and drink + travel, over the last few years, he must have made enough money to pay for his and his parent's comfortable retirement, medical chikitsha, his sister's higher education in the USA if she wants to go, his wedding and his sister's wedding, with quite a bit left over for a spendthrift bou.