facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old February 12, 2008, 05:11 PM
Cricket Sage

what happened after that?
ppot paat... foot faat... ar bisri dur ghondo?

Old February 13, 2008, 04:23 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
what happened after that?
ppot paat... foot faat... ar bisri dur ghondo?
Polapain'r pa thekey jei gondho ber hoto "Dhush dhash" tar kasey kisu na.
Old February 13, 2008, 06:53 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

I am not a CC student. I am a graduate of BMHMSC, where once our math teacher, named Mr Shafiquddin came from FCC. I couldn't believe that he was from FCC, because he was so easy going. We gave his name "Suruj Uddin" for that reason. Although he came to our school, it was just for three years. He left and then joined FCC again! He was a very good teacher.

Once our school pricipal came from a CC, He ruled our school with iron hand. His name was:

Lt Col Mohammad Bashir Uddin
Army Education Corps (Rtd)

His strict rule pissed us so much that one of our classmates used to say. "That principal must not be retired, he must have been KOS (kicked out of service)".

OFF TOPIC: About my school: My Bangladesh MHM School and College is the only flag bearing school of Bangladesh in the foreign soil of Qatar. Established in 1979, it was named after Brig. Mashhoor Ul Hoq, the first Bangladesh ambassador to Qatar, who first conceived the idea. Until I passed the HSC exam in 2006, it was a total Bangla Medium school and followed the Bangladesh National Curriculam. We took our scholarship, SSC, and HSC exam in Bangladesh embassy. Recently the school shifted into English medium, but still follows the NCTB under Dhaka board.
Old February 14, 2008, 08:56 AM
Cricket Savant

BD-S,
Great to have you here. I have very little knowledge on BMHMSC. Is that a boarding school? Male-female mixed education or just male?
Old February 14, 2008, 09:26 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Mash,Shakib,Tamim

Here is the website, TE bhai. Wesite is not that good. Not much info there. After all high scool website is like a high school website.

This school is not boarding house. The school started in a rented house in 1979 with 5 students, then the Bangladeshi expats here in Qatar worked very hard to turn it into current form. Each year they arranged EId Mela (a fund raising event, where students stage shows), and collcted about 2 million riyals in 15 years. Govt of Qatar then donated us a land, the money was used to build the current school building.

This BMHMSC is a landmark example of Bangladeshi unity here in Qatar. Despite ideological differences, all Bangladeshi people worked hand in hand to build this school and keep it running. This is a non-profit organisation, solely depends on the tuition fees of students. Receives no grant from BD or Qatar govt.

A memorable incident in the schools's history was the visit of Ex-Bangladesh prime minister Sheikh Hasina in 2000. She donated two buses for the transport of the students.

The school follows National curriculam of BD, and board exms are held in Bangladesh embassy. Here one cn study from KG to class 12 level.

The school was a great place in foreign land. All Bangladeshi students, teachers Bangladeshi curriculam. Never felt that I was in a foreign land.

Missed the school a lot when I joined Texas A&M In 2006.

And the school is co-ed.
Old March 2, 2009, 12:06 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

MCC Ex-cadets in BDR massacre.
Quote:
Dear MECA Member,
It is needless to mention regarding the height of trauma and shock we all
have been going thru, caused by the BDR Massacre that took place on the 25th
and 26th. February 2009.
By now, we are confirmed about the loss of the lives of MECA Members:
Lt. Col. M Lutfur Rahman (819/15-NH)
Major Humayun Haider (921/17-FH).
Lt.Col. Golam Kibria M Niamatulah (654/12-NH) *was* *present in BDR HQ during the incident and is still missing till now (morning of Feb. 28. 2009).
There are several other casualties among Ex-Cadet officers from other
cadet colleges.
Our prayers are with all of them.

*Cadet College Club in Dhaka has arranged a MIlad Mahfil and a condolence
meeting at 4:30 PM on Saturday the 28th. of February, 2009.*
Please join the milad if you are in the vicinity and keep all of them in
your prayers.
Regards

*Qazi M Arif*
General Secretary
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 2, 2009, 09:02 AM
Cricket Savant

Lt Col Lutfur Rahman was college captain. Cream of the crop. When we walked in they finished. However, he visited us every now and then. Back then College captain had to be best in everything with leadership qualities.

Humayun bhai'er shomporkey amar ar kisui bolar nai. Many of us was kinda astonished when we heard he went to the Army after HSC. This guy was the most innocent ones among us.

May they rest in peace.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; March 2, 2009 at 09:27 AM..
Old March 2, 2009, 09:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

Rest in peace. Must be difficult for the folks here who have known them personally.
Old March 4, 2009, 04:28 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

To my knowledge there are three so far from JCC, identified

Col K.E. Rehman Shafiq - Brilliant guy. Best TV debater, extremelky witty, Bhagina of HM Ershad but never took an advantage. All army knows him. After we watched the film 'Agun' of Rzzaq on a thursday night, next morning in a dining hall for brakfast, he tried the stunt of breaking the glass squeezing by one hand, that was a scene, he cut his vains of the wrist & what a bleeding. But he was smiling and ran to the hospital. He later did MBA from IBA in '97/98 sometimes as well.

Col Moshiur - very nice guy. Soft spoken and true gentle man.

Idris Iqbal - I don't have much Idea about him, didn't see in college.

I know Kibria Bhai of MCC and many other ex MCC, RCC, FCC. I visited these colleges more than once during my CC life with various sports teams. I used to meet many of these guys in Dhaka, specially in the CC club, Savar Golf etc So many memories. I just cant go over the list in one go. So painful to remember all those. May Allah bless them His mercy.
Old March 24, 2009, 08:18 PM
Administrator

Mijan bhai you wanted to see it. Had to dig it out, in the process refreshed my memory as well. I have tons of pics
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NH.JPG (96.1 KB, 44 views)
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old March 24, 2009, 08:59 PM
Cricket Savant

Thank you. How in the world there are plants in front of the house? That is where we use to practice football. We never won a second place in Gardening as far as I know. Never!! Last place was ours only. Now after us I don't know what happened. When we were in class 10, the night before the gardening competition we got our orders from our grade 12 seniors. "Operation ghas (tree) churi". After lights out, most of the thieves ventured out to SH and FH garden. Next morning other houses were stunned to see huge holes and plants/trees missing in their immaculate garden (We are not only talking about plants but also huge trees). And from no where in our garden nice trees and plants appeard in just overnight. That didn't change our faith since our grass was missing. lol. Not to mention we were all in trouble. Gutli wasn't a happy camper.
Old March 24, 2009, 09:30 PM
Administrator

Sent you pics of your batch-mates; check your email.
Old April 3, 2009, 02:25 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

BC seems to be too much crowded by MCC

The first CC I visited outside my college, with the BB team, it was fun. Great memories.
Old November 7, 2009, 11:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Was searching for this kind of thread.

An FCC here.
Old November 9, 2009, 01:33 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: ZAR

Mijan bhai your SSC 1995?

Great thread. Had to lough out loud so many times reading those বাদরামী.
Old November 9, 2009, 02:17 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Mijan bhai your SSC 1995?
Great thread. Had to lough out loud so many times reading those বাদরামী.
hmm! how did you miss that auntu - post#1
1983= class 7 (cadet college)!!
SSC - 1987 i would say!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Meant to open this thread long time back just didn't.
MCC
21st Batch.
Joined 1983.
Old November 9, 2009, 02:28 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocturnal
hmm! how did you miss that auntu - post#1
1983= class 7 (cadet college)!!
SSC - 1987 i would say!!
Oh thanks Pasha bhai.

Mijan bhai is 10 long good years senior than me. My SSC 1997.
Old November 9, 2009, 02:31 AM
Cricket Guru
T20 WC 2010 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: ABD / Kalam / Musta

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntu
Oh thanks Pasha bhai.

Mijan bhai is 10 long good years senior than me. My SSC 1997.
wrong again!! somehow T_E managed to stuck @27 yrs for last 10 years or so- if you don't believe me ask him!!
Old November 9, 2009, 02:34 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocturnal
wrong again!! Somehow t_e managed to stuck @27 yrs for last 10 years or so- if you don't believe me ask him!!
এইবার তাহলে আসল চক্করে পড়লাম।
এই রহস্যের সমাধান কোথায়?
Old November 9, 2009, 05:22 AM
Cricket Legend

No FCC here???
Old November 9, 2009, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imteaz
No FCC here???
There are a few. Go back to page one.
Old November 10, 2009, 02:18 AM
Cricket Legend

Thanks......
Old November 13, 2011, 11:31 PM
Administrator

He was one batch senior bro in our house. Very nice person. His wife was in our class in sixth grade before I left for MCC.

Shocked and sad.

Quote:
প্রকৌশলী-চিকিৎসক দম্পতি সড়ক দুর্ঘটনায় নিহত

শেরপুর ও কালিয়াকৈর (গাজীপুর) প্রতিনিধি | তারিখ: ১১-১১-২০১১

• মনোয়ারুল হাসান
  • নাহিদ রোকসানা
1 2

ঢাকা-ময়মনসিংহ মহাসড়কের গাজীপুর সদর উপজেলায় গত বুধবার রাতে ট্রাক ও প্রাইভেট কারের মুখোমুখি সংঘর্ষে প্রকৌশলী ও চিকিৎসক দম্পতি নিহত এবং আরও তিনজন আহত হয়েছেন।
নিহত ব্যক্তিরা হলেন সফটওয়্যার প্রকৌশলী ও সফটওয়্যার প্রতিষ্ঠান টুগেদার ইনিশিয়েটিভ লিমিটেডের পরিচালক মনোয়ারুল হাসান (৩৮) এবং তাঁর স্ত্রী বঙ্গবন্ধু শেখ মুজিব মেডিকেল বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ের (বিএসএমএমইউ) চিকিৎসক নাহিদ রোকসানা (৩২)।
পুলিশ ও প্রত্যক্ষদর্শীরা জানান, সদর উপজেলার টেকনগরপাড়া এলাকায় গত বুধবার রাত ১২টার দিকে ঢাকাগামী প্রাইভেট কারের সঙ্গে ময়মনসিংহগামী ট্রাকের মুখোমুখি সংঘর্ষ হয়। এতে প্রাইভেট কারটি দুমড়েমুচড়ে যায়। এতে মনোয়ারুল হাসান ও তাঁর স্ত্রী নাহিদ রোকসানা ঘটনাস্থলেই নিহত হন। এ সময় প্রাইভেট কারে থাকা ওই দম্পতির চার বছরের ছেলে ওয়াসিফ হাসান, চালক মুরাদ ও গৃহকর্মী কাঁকন আহত হয়েছেন। তাঁদের মধ্যে চালক মুরাদকে ঢাকার পঙ্গু হাসপাতালে ও বাকি দুজনকে গাজীপুর সদর হাসপাতালে ভর্তি করা হয়েছে।
গাজীপুরের নাওজোড় মহাসড়ক ফাঁড়ির উপপরিদর্শক (এসআই) ইকবাল হোসেন বলেন, চালককে গাড়ির পেছনে বসিয়ে রেখে মনোয়ারুল হাসান নিজেই গাড়ি চালাচ্ছিলেন। ধারণা করা হচ্ছে, এ কারণেই দুর্ঘটনা ঘটেছে।
এদিকে মনোয়ারুল ও নাহিদ রোকসানার অকালমৃত্যুতে তাঁদের বাড়ি শেরপুর পৌর শহরের নবীনগরে শোকের ছায়া নেমে এসেছে। মনোয়ারুলের মা বেলা বেগম বারবার মূর্ছা যাচ্ছেন এবং বাবা আবদুল হাই ছেলে ও পুত্রবধূ হারানোর শোকে নির্বাক হয়ে পড়েছেন। এ ছাড়া আত্মীয়স্বজনের আর্তনাদে উপস্থিত অনেকেই চোখের পানি ফেলেছেন।
ঈদের ছুটি শেষে বাড়ি থেকে গত বুধবার রাতে ঢাকায় ফেরার পথে ওই দম্পতি দুর্ঘটনার শিকার হন। মনোয়ারুল সফটওয়্যার প্রতিষ্ঠান টুগেদার ইনিশিয়েটিভ লিমিটেডের পরিচালক ও নাহিদ রোকসানা বিএসএমএমইউ হাসপাতালের মেডিকেল অফিসার এবং ওই বিশ্ববিদ্যালয়ে ইউরোলজিতে এফসিপিএসে অধ্যয়নরত ছিলেন।
ওই দম্পতির মৃত্যুতে শেরপুর আইটি ক্লাব গতকাল বৃহস্পতিবার শোকসভা, শোকযাত্রা ও নিরাপদ সড়কের দাবিতে মানববন্ধন করেছে। দুপুর সাড়ে ১২টায় শহরের এস এম মডেল স্কুলে আইটি ক্লাবের সভাপতি গোলাম মোহাম্মদ কিবরিয়া লিটনের সভাপতিত্বে শোকসভা অনুষ্ঠিত হয়। পরে আইটি ক্লাবের সদস্যরা শোকযাত্রা বের করে শহরের নিউমার্কেট মোড়ে এসে ‘নিরাপদ সড়ক চাই’ দাবিতে মানববন্ধন করেন।
পারিবারিক সূত্রে জানা যায়, মনোয়ারুল শেরপুরের সাবেক পৌর কমিশনার আবদুল হাইয়ের বড় ছেলে। নাহিদ রোকসানা জামালপুর পরিবার পরিকল্পনা বিভাগের অবসর প্রস্তুতিকালীন (এলপিআর) ছুটিতে থাকা উপপরিচালক নার্গিস বেগম এবং সাবেক ভেটেরিনারি সার্জন মরহুম মেজবাহ উদ্দিন আহম্মদের বড় মেয়ে। আজ শুক্রবার দুপুর আড়াইটায় শেরপুর পৌর ঈদগাহ মাঠে দ্বিতীয় জানাজা শেষে শহরের চাপাতলি পৌর কবরস্থানে তাঁদের মরদেহ দাফন করা হবে।
এর আগে গতকাল বাদ জোহর বিএসএমএমইউ হাসপাতালে নিহত দম্পতির প্রথম জানাজা অনুষ্ঠিত হয়।
এ ঘটনায় বিএসএমএমইউ কর্তৃপক্ষ গভীর শোক প্রকাশ করেছে। গতকাল এক সংবাদ বিজ্ঞপ্তিতে এ দুর্ঘটনার বিষয়টি সুষ্ঠু তদন্ত করে ট্রাকচালকের দৃষ্টান্তমূলক শাস্তি নিশ্চিত করার দাবি জানানো হয়েছে।
http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...11/news/199875
Old February 17, 2012, 04:44 PM
Cricket Savant

Worldcup11. A bump for you.