facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 30, 2012, 11:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan
Default @ zeeshan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You must be mona's soulmate.
1. Who's Mona?
2. Is she a looker?
3. My body is my only soul mate. Hence I exist.

Peace out,

Roey

Old March 30, 2012, 08:52 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I didn't know he smoked! A professional athlete should never smoke. Shame!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AsifTheManRahman
A few extra pounds might be ok as long as they don't affect stamina. Look at the Aussies and some of the Saffers. Look at Hayden - muscle under fat. Tamim does seem to tire quickly, so he needs to work on that and losing some weight or quitting smoking might help.

Everyone is different and it's all about the stamina. Ranatunga never ran out of breath, while running himself out was all that Inzy ever did, besides scoring a gazillion runs.
Old March 30, 2012, 09:08 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

I google searched Peace Out and it brought me to this thread.
Old March 30, 2012, 09:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Default @ dilscoop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilscoop
I google searched Peace Out and it brought me to this thread.
Now son, I'm not calling you a liar. But your statement was unbelievable, and so I had to try it out for myself. And lo behold, this thread does not appear in a "peace out" google search. I checked the 2nd and 3rd pages just to be sure and still no thread.

Peace out,

Roey
Old March 31, 2012, 02:26 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
Now son, I'm not calling you a liar. But your statement was unbelievable, and so I had to try it out for myself. And lo behold, this thread does not appear in a "peace out" google search. I checked the 2nd and 3rd pages just to be sure and still no thread.

Peace out,

Roey
Yo Roey don't take it seriously bruv They are just messin with a young upcoming talented rapper man...know what I mean?
Let's get down to business- when are we fans getting the next classic piece after MMA Fight Chic???

Peace out foreva \m/
Old March 31, 2012, 03:03 AM
2018 BPL Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mash

Quote:

Peace out,

Roey
Lol...he was just messing with you
Old March 31, 2012, 03:05 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeeshan
You must be mona's soulmate.
Quote:
1. Who's Mona?
2. Is she a looker?
3. My body is my only soul mate. Hence I exist.

Peace out,

Roey
bolo Zee...Roey's asking something
Old March 31, 2012, 03:30 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
bolo Zee...Roey's asking something
LOL. Well, why don't you go ahead and tell me? In that way Z need not be bothered.

Peace out,

Roey
Old March 31, 2012, 03:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Yo Roey don't take it seriously bruv They are just messin with a young upcoming talented rapper man...know what I mean?
Let's get down to business- when are we fans getting the next classic piece after MMA Fight Chic???

Peace out foreva \m/
Hey bruh-bruh,

Yeah, I had the feeling it was a joke, but then I second guessed myself, thinking how is this funny? ( either a case of my arrogance or Dilscoop's pathetic humor) LOL. You get me?

Anyway, thanks for listening to my songs. There are 10 songs at the moment in my youtube playlist. I'm working tonight on a piece titled "Golden Goose", hopefully it'll be done soon.

Thanks for tuning in again.

Peace out,

Roey
Old March 31, 2012, 03:52 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib,Sangakkara,Lee

Quote:
LOL. Well, why don't you go ahead and tell me? In that way Z need not be bothered.

Peace out,

Roey
Well....if you insist
Mona's one of the BC users....she always mentions Bangladeshis as Bangys or forever Bangy....she likes to call it that away...
Old March 31, 2012, 04:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinatf
Well....if you insist
Mona's one of the BC users....she always mentions Bangladeshis as Bangys or forever Bangy....she likes to call it that away...
Arggghh, too much shyt hovering in my head. I will do another quick 1,2,3 to organize my thoughts, alright?

1. Yeah, I got that part about her using the term Bengies. I could infer that much from Z's comment. But wanted to know more as it made me inquisitive.
2. To be precise, I say Bengy, not Bangy, and so it's not quite similar.
3. Your use of emoticons crack me up. Very cheesy but effective!

Peace out,

Roey
Old March 31, 2012, 10:58 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: A few

Quote:
Hey bruh-bruh,

Yeah, I had the feeling it was a joke, but then I second guessed myself, thinking how is this funny? ( either a case of my arrogance or Dilscoop's pathetic humor) LOL. You get me?

Anyway, thanks for listening to my songs. There are 10 songs at the moment in my youtube playlist. I'm working tonight on a piece titled "Golden Goose", hopefully it'll be done soon.

Thanks for tuning in again.

Peace out,

Roey
Can't wait. I love goose. Tasty if you know what I mean.
Hey Roey bro, can you post your autograph here for us die hard fans???
Peace out foreva \m/
Old March 31, 2012, 01:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habib
Can't wait. I love goose. Tasty if you know what I mean.
Hey Roey bro, can you post your autograph here for us die hard fans???
Peace out foreva \m/
Haha, what the fcuk? I ain't famous yet bruh-bruh, so hold your excitement. I read your profile in here, and it says you like music. So tell you what, why don't suggest some ideas or topics or any cool thoughts for songs. That shyt always inspires me. So far, the songs I have concerning Bangladesh are the one titled "Stop robbin" to address corruption, and of course " Get wickets, get runs" the one about Shakib.

Peace out,

Roey
Old March 31, 2012, 01:28 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Mash abar kobe theke fat holo? Mash doesn't have any weight problem.
Old March 31, 2012, 03:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
Mash abar kobe theke fat holo? Mash doesn't have any weight problem.
What! Have you followed Mashrafe from the beginning of his career? With every passing year, he adds a little weight. Though, it is understandable in a sense as he's been plagued with so many injuries, that he would give up on maintenance and just work on recuperating. But still, he could sure afford to lose some fat now, if he doesn't convert it to muscles. Personally, I favor just losing the weight as excess muscles will slow him down.
But thanks for your inquiry.

Peace out,

Roey
Old March 31, 2012, 05:05 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM

Quote:
What! Have you followed Mashrafe from the beginning of his career? With every passing year, he adds a little weight. Though, it is understandable in a sense as he's been plagued with so many injuries, that he would give up on maintenance and just work on recuperating. But still, he could sure afford to lose some fat now, if he doesn't convert it to muscles. Personally, I favor just losing the weight as excess muscles will slow him down.
But thanks for your inquiry.

Peace out,

Roey
I ask you the same question: Have you followed Mashrafe from the beginning of his career?

Only time he gained weight was after the 2nd last injury in 2009. After the last injury he didn't gain weight but lost so much. And now he is as fit as any fast bowlers in the world.

When he started his career, he was a teenager. Now he is like 28/29. You don't expect him to be in same shape as he was in 2001/2, do you?
Old March 31, 2012, 05:16 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murad
I ask you the same question: Have you followed Mashrafe from the beginning of his career?

Only time he gained weight was after the 2nd last injury in 2009. After the last injury he didn't gain weight but lost so much. And now he is as fit as any fast bowlers in the world.

When he started his career, he was a teenager. Now he is like 28/29. You don't expect him to be in same shape as he was in 2001/2, do you?
Yeah, your descriptions are correct. I don't know the details. But the first time I saw Mashrafe was when he was the 3rd choice bowler in the test line up, after Monjurul Islam and Tapash Bashya. And he has ballooned ever since then, which basically confirms your point about losing shape with age. Only thing is, I didn't expect it to be this bad where you can clearly see that his delivery rhythm has changed. No arching of the back, and far weaker follow through.
What totally mindfcuked me however, was your comment on him being fit as any other bowler in the world today? Seriously? I guess we will just have to agree to disagree then.

Thanks for the follow up.

Peace out,

Roey
Old April 2, 2012, 07:41 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

Quite a few Ph.D.'s at BC are EE majors. My own background is in biomedical signal processing. I probably would have been in BME now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zsayeed
No My PhD is in EE, especially in Statistical Signal Processing area which is basically oodles of Statistics, Kalman Filtering, Estimation, Maximum Likelihood Analysis.

Thanks Brother.

Too bad I don't have Tamim's weight, BP and Hearrt Rate year over year - then we could really hone in.
And add to that the Girl-Friend factor and number of trips abroad... JKing

We could really design the ultimate player! Designer Player!....ummm Eugenics.
Old April 3, 2012, 09:30 AM
Club Cricketer

zsayeed, I applaud your hard work, but I have to question the interpretation of some of these statistical analyses. I don't see how 123/total runs is a measure of working hard between the wickets. Doesn't it just measure whether a guy can hit boundaries or not?

As for correlation of 123 and average, you are correlating runs with runs, so shouldn't the correlation be high regardless? I don't see what this tells us. Obviously if a guy is scoring more 123s, he's scoring more runs. If he's hitting more boundaries, he's scoring more runs too.

I would think that 2s and 3s vs. singles would be a better measure of working hard between the wickets - then you are just isolating the balls that aren't hit well enough for boundaries. But even then, whether or not you can take that extra run is as much about your partner as it is about you, so I don't know how much that can tell us. You would have to control for a player's batting partner on each ball to really get meaningful numbers.
Old April 3, 2012, 10:22 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joamiq
zsayeed, I applaud your hard work, but I have to question the interpretation of some of these statistical analyses. I don't see how 123/total runs is a measure of working hard between the wickets. Doesn't it just measure whether a guy can hit boundaries or not?
Joamiq, Nice point.

There are obviously defficiencies in the data set that is presented.
However, no, the correlation will not always be there.

We are correlating type's of runs with the total runs, infact I am correlating Average runs with % of 123s. The correlation will indicate how dependent the average is with the singles, a high correlation would indicate more singles. If all runs are made from singles than the correlation would be 100%. And regarding the claim that 'does it indicate that the batsmen can hit boundaries' - we all know Tamim can - so that's a premise, given.

Now if you threshold the average above a ceratin limit so that you have confidence in the result you can see if for a particular batsmen, it is better to make singles than to rely on boundaries. Tamim is that kind of player. Ofcourse Gayle is not and you would find a lower correlation for gayle. Gayle's correlation is 0.076, which indicates a fair bit of independence between his ability to take singles and a high average. The same conclusion cannot hold for Gayle. Gayle's:

Sehwag's correlation is -0.57 it is negative. It actually hurts his average when he takes singles! I am surprised by that.

I do not have access to 2s and 3s from CI, that would require someone to mine the commentary. Any volunteers. I am not good at mining.

As for 2s and 3s being a better indicator - It is captured in stat, but muted. Because 2s and 3s are in the 123s. It would be muted, but the stat does include that.

An interesting 2nd order effect would be what happens to Sehwag's partner when Sehwag fires. He would not rotate - and his partner would be hurt. His average I mean. But then that leads to a complicated setup, a first order analysis would be to compare Segwag's average time series with Tendulkar's in matches where Tendulkar is number 1/2 and Sehwag 2/1.

Food for thought.
Old April 3, 2012, 10:51 AM
Test Cricketer

are we talking about Akram khan?

oh no, he is the selector
Old April 3, 2012, 11:59 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: every quality cricketer

^^

:d :d
Old April 4, 2012, 05:37 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Buzz Lightyear

It's not so much the weight problem as it's the strength problem. They need to spend more time working out and they don't need a gym necessarily. People can improvise, just see guys like Hannibal for king and hardcore calisthenic workout routines. Aus has nice gyms but look at how obese the overall population is probably just behind the US who have great facilities as well.
Eat healthy and workout- it's pretty simple. It's the mental weakness that's been BDs problem, whether it's the attitude to cricket or working out or anthing-they can't push to go the extra mile. No Rocky Balboas in this squad at the moment