facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Other Sports > Other Sports > FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive)

FIFA World Cup Soccer 2006 (Archive) Biggest sporting event in the world. This is time for the sky high excitement.

View Poll Results: Zidane vs Ronaldo
Ronaldo 13 86.67%
Zidane 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old June 18, 2006, 07:16 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya
Default Who looks more washed up?(Zidane or Ronaldo)

I watched both games today, Both of them didn't like the players they once were. I hated the ABC commentators who were prasing Zidane. All he was doing was quick 3 yard passes to other midfielders. Maybe it was the way France played today. Controlling the tempo of the game is 1 thing but you can't be 3 time player of the year just based on Controling the tempo.

Ronaldo is just Fat and out of shape if you saw the first game vs Croatia he was huffng and puffing along the midfield. Didn't do much today Can't see him getting the 3 goals to break the all time WC record.

Both of them still showed flashes of what made them the 2 best players of this generation but nothig near what they once were. Like Zidane's Corner Kick that resulted in the Goal that wasn't given! and the pass to Henry late in the game

BTW: By making this poll one or both of them will have a great game but it'll probably be a flash in the past type thing. The sad thing for Zidane it may never happen. France better beat Togo or else.

Old June 18, 2006, 08:27 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শা

Ronaldo.

Zidane was unfortunate to get the yellow card and will be missing out of the next match. Judging by their performance today, they need Zidane. Also, he stil has a few good touches in him.

Ronaldo was just sad. I didn't realize that he relied on his left foot so much. There were couple of opportunities that he missed out on because he was trying to shuffle the ball from his right to his left.
Old June 19, 2006, 06:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Lousy referee decisions all the way. Zidane looked the better of the two. Sad to see France in such a shape. Anyway, seems like Ronaldo will be sitting in the benches for longer periods and swapped with Robinho.
Old June 19, 2006, 06:31 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

zidane's international career will be over if france don't win the last match. zidane's is still better than ronaldo and he created few chances in this world cup also
Old June 19, 2006, 06:35 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

It has to be Ronaldo. Zidane can say that he is close to retirement but what excuse has Ronaldo got? He is overweight and is picked only on his reputation. The Brazilian coach should drop him, he is facing increasing pressure from the Brazilian media to do so. He is a shadow of the player he once was.

Last edited by abdulw11; June 20, 2006 at 05:34 AM..
Old June 19, 2006, 09:11 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

i dont think Ronald is all washed up...yap he is not playin at his best atm, but if u hv watched the last two matches..i bet he has improved significally..
plus as they say " Form is temporary, class is permanent".

As Brazil progresses thru the tournament, i hope we will be treated with his magic touch...
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old June 20, 2006, 03:26 AM
Test Cricketer

It has to be Ronaldo. He is just a shadow now and infact more damaging to the team. Because of him, I think, Adriano is not been able to play his natural game. Even though, Adriano isnt Ronaldo.. but, he is still a top striker of the world and can break any defence in similar ronaldo like style. Very powerful. Adriano should play the role of central striker and Robinho should take the No 7 role. Ronaldo might be brought in as a sub.