facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old April 6, 2014, 12:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
get ready for 58 and 78 again.
or worse
Old April 6, 2014, 01:05 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moh899
get ready for 58 and 78 again.
I swear, we are way tooooo over optimistic.

Our guys will wet their pants looking at the bounce from those pitches. I can already imagine the opposition having 3 slips in place for every over.
Old April 6, 2014, 01:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun

Our guys will wet their pants looking at the bounce from those pitches. I can already imagine the opposition having 3 slips in place for every over.
Yeah and shamsur is hitting 4s and 6s over cover and slip cordon.

We have to be realistic here.
Old April 6, 2014, 01:14 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: shakib al hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maysun

afghanisthans shap zadran turned into mitch johnson by us.

actual thing is, i have no hopefor this world cup. maybe i will start dreaming about 2019 wc, where we can say we have a shot in semis.
Old April 6, 2014, 01:17 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Good thread AlFurquan bro.

One way to do well is to strengthen the team by taking various different strategies. The other way is to study each and every player in the opponent teams we will be facing and identify their strengths and weaknesses and then go for the kill during the real thing. Just like we all do before the exams .... Just study those questions which repeats over and over again more than studying the whole book/topic (at least what I used to do and get top marks every time )

Better not be 58/78 this time since no 'home' pressure as they wished for but more importantly I am going to all BD matches in Aus... gonna be depressing long journeys if we lose badly.
Old April 6, 2014, 01:17 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger_army
Condition will be the biggest challenge for us in that world cup. I have heard Finchy mentioned after Aus was out from World T20 that they expected bd pitches to be slow but not that slow. Same thing will happen here for us as the condition is alien for most of our players. We know what is coming but unless you play there beforehand It will be tough for them to handle. So far only Tamim is the best bd batsman for that condition and he has experience playing in NZ. Even India's world beater line up struggled over there, we should be concerned about this issue. I heard SJ was planning about some long-term condition camp in Australia but with the current situation SJ is surely loosing his job. I hope impotent BCB will arrange something similar instead of using marble slabs.
We need one month boot camp in Australia. .we should arrange this at any cost

Last edited by Rana Melb; April 6, 2014 at 02:15 AM..
Old April 6, 2014, 01:20 AM
Test Cricketer

I think we have seen the last of Shane Jurgensen. I read on some newspaper (can't recall to be honest, probably PA or KalerKantho) that he's already back home in Australia on "break." It looks like there's a chance they have already fired him behind closed doors, while asking him to send a team report just as a showcase or an after thought. Do you guys feel that way?
Old April 6, 2014, 01:50 AM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crickbang
I think we have seen the last of Shane Jurgensen. I read on some newspaper (can't recall to be honest, probably PA or KalerKantho) that he's already back home in Australia on "break." It looks like there's a chance they have already fired him behind closed doors, while asking him to send a team report just as a showcase or an after thought. Do you guys feel that way?
I wouldn't be surprised.

BCB has never sought a replacement before hand and then fire the existing guy. We always looked like a bunch of idiots, thanks to the BCB. I mean FFS, who advertises job vacancy for a HC position? That looks so needy and weak for a Test nation.
Old April 6, 2014, 01:54 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
Yeah and shamsur is hitting 4s and 6s over cover and slip cordon.

We have to be realistic here.
go back and watch through some of shamsur's innings you can find on youtube he can hook and pool quite well, can also drive and play square quite well and has the ability to get the 1s and 2s. his skillset is complete now he just needs to work on the mental side and fine tune some of his physical and technical skills. 10 months, is more than enough time for shamsur to work on a few things as it is for any player. there aren't many batsmen in BD who have the skill set shamsur possesses at current, deprive him of international experience now and he won't be ready but if he is given a good run he's got a good shot of being ready.

there are 2 ways to play short stuff, hook/pull and duck/weave/leave. in ODIs you want the guys that can hook and pull not the ones who will duck (which is fine in tests). shamsur is certainly one who likes to go after the bowling and he certainly isn't afraid to hook and pull and if you've seen him bat you'll know he's pretty good at it.
Old April 6, 2014, 02:59 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
go back and watch through some of shamsur's innings you can find on youtube he can hook and pool quite well, can also drive and play square quite well and has the ability to get the 1s and 2s. his skillset is complete now he just needs to work on the mental side and fine tune some of his physical and technical skills. 10 months, is more than enough time for shamsur to work on a few things as it is for any player. there aren't many batsmen in BD who have the skill set shamsur possesses at current, deprive him of international experience now and he won't be ready but if he is given a good run he's got a good shot of being ready.

there are 2 ways to play short stuff, hook/pull and duck/weave/leave. in ODIs you want the guys that can hook and pull not the ones who will duck (which is fine in tests). shamsur is certainly one who likes to go after the bowling and he certainly isn't afraid to hook and pull and if you've seen him bat you'll know he's pretty good at it.
He is better in flat track. But in Australia he should be our second choice opner. Swing n extra bounce will expose him ( like sammi did to him )and we cannot afford to loose our openers within 5 overs cause that will set up the Panic mode.

ps - I am hopeful that Shamsur will fix his issues.He is better than Riad and Naim in odi.
Old April 6, 2014, 03:29 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rana Melb
He is better in flat track. But in Australia he should be our second choice opner. Swing n extra bounce will expose him ( like sammi did to him )and we cannot afford to loose our openers within 5 overs cause that will set up the Panic mode.

ps - I am hopeful that Shamsur will fix his issues.He is better than Riad and Naim in odi.
they're all better on flat tracks.
Old April 6, 2014, 03:47 AM
Club Cricketer

Is post no. 1 on FP yet? I am on mobile, can't see.
Old April 6, 2014, 03:31 PM
First Class Cricketer

Need to spend a month in australia before the cup playing state and state 2nd xl sides.
Old April 6, 2014, 04:04 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh in 50 years

Its ODI we will win against Scotland. No need to get worried.

This isn't unpredictable T20. Nothing to worry about.