facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 27, 2004, 11:40 PM
ODI Cricketer

Default Indian captain banned

India captain banned for ICC Code of Conduct breach

Dhaka, 28 February 2004

India U/19 captain Ambati Rayudu will miss India’s semi-final of the ICC U/19 Cricket World Cup after today being banned for one match for breaching the ICC Code of Conduct.

The ban was imposed by ICC Match Referee John Morrison and means that Rayudu will miss the match against Pakistan on 29 February.

Rayudu was reported by umpires Brian Jerling and Billy Doctrove under provision C2 of the ICC Code of Conduct at Level 2 for conduct that brings the game into disrepute.

The charge related to excessive time-wasting in the opening overs of the second innings in India’s final group match against Sri Lanka on 26 February. India bowled only eight overs in the first 50 minutes of the Sri Lanka innings.

The decision was taken by Mr Morrison after a hearing attended by Rayudu, India team manager Dr Ram Babu Gupta and both umpires at 9pm on 27 February.

“The umpires reported the player after he failed to respond to a number of warnings relating to time wasting,” said Mr Morrison.

“In this instance I endorsed the view that his conduct brought the game into disrepute and the appropriate penalty is a one-match suspension.”

The standard ICC Code of Conduct applies to all matches at the ICC U/19 Cricket World Cup. The only difference from full international cricket is that the U/19 cricketers cannot be fined for breaching the Code but all other penalties apply.

There is no right of appeal from a Level 2 breach.

Sorce:http://www.iccu19cricketworldcup.com.../media026.html
Old February 27, 2004, 11:47 PM
Retired BC Admin

What a I don't know what!
Old February 27, 2004, 11:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

I think India will badly miss Rayadu. He is the most experienced of all the indian boys. Too bad india will not get his service for the most crucial match.

[Edited on 28-2-2004 by Optimist]
Old February 28, 2004, 02:56 PM
Banned

In BD U-19 match where we beat India previously, the Indians were busted for excessive appealing. It's time they get punished for underhanded tactics in the field. India's manager said that they wasted excessive time in the field because it was a "must win" game for them. Obviously, they did not put much thoght to the fact that it was a must win for SL also. Considering the tempo of the game in the first 8-9 overs, it is clear that the Indians were deliberately trying to distrupt the momentum.
Old February 28, 2004, 03:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara

One Mr. Steve Waugh wasted 40 mins in his final test match ... and got away scott free...

One Mr. Glenn McGrath involved in a "Vein Popping" ..."Foul Cursing" incident(s) match after match ... Never saw him being banned....

What is it? a blatant favouritism? (gosh was that a mild terminology?)

P.S. Billah, just an off-topic query...who are you gonna cheer for in this India-Paki
U-19 semi final? Just curious to know bout different people's mindset
Old February 28, 2004, 04:05 PM
Cricket Legend

8 overs in 50 minutes. Thats an awfully slow over-rate. I was getting annoyed following the game on cricinfo. I thought it was cricinfo who was slow in relaying. Little did I know, they were intentionally bowling slowly to disrupt the momentum of the batsmen.
Old February 28, 2004, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Rules are all well and good. It is like theory - good to read. But sometimes we need to be practical. Indian team bowled its overall quota of overs in the stipulated time. That should have counted, shouldn't it? Also the intention and the previous record of the player should have been taken into account, shouldn't it? India should have punished if they wasted more time in an innings instead of delaying in first 10 overs of the game.

With the Aussie players generally getting away with murder on the field in the recent past, I cannot accept this ruling.
Old February 29, 2004, 12:26 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
One Mr. Steve Waugh wasted 40 mins in his final test match ... and got away scott free...
Really? I don't remember hearing about that..
Old February 29, 2004, 12:47 AM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Navarene

One Mr. Glenn McGrath involved in a "Vein Popping" ..."Foul Cursing" incident(s) match after match ... Never saw him being banned....

What is it? a blatant favouritism? (gosh was that a mild terminology?)

P.S. Billah, just an off-topic query...who are you gonna cheer for in this India-Paki
U-19 semi final? Just curious to know bout different people's mindset

what favouritism......????

when did Steve Waugh wasted 40 mins??? How

The indian u19 captain did wasted quite a long time . I saw the match on the TV.

The umpires have request him to be fast quite a few times but he never co-operated.

He is lucky not to get a 2+ match ban.
Old February 29, 2004, 11:15 AM
Banned

Thank you, gentlemen. Glad we can see the truth through the propaganda. & Nav: who I cheer for is my own business. Please stop launching personal attacks on me based on phony hot air. I gave references of a past incidents which is, at least, a fact.
Old February 29, 2004, 12:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Take it easy, Billah...after all we all are virtual entities to each other. Some of us are gentle, some are arrogant, some are rational and some are entertaining...some are even sycophants. But who cares. Let's not ruine our mood and enjoy the forum. All the best.
Old February 29, 2004, 09:01 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
shob khelay kintu niyom royeche. shudhui cricket a noi, football volleyball shob khelai kintu niyom royeche. niyom chara kintu khela hoi na. ebong ami mone kori akti khela niyomke mene chole khela kintu prottekti khelowarer kortobbo. tanahole kintu khelay moja thakbe na. ebongt shotota thakbena. ebong aro mone kori je niyom bhonger shasti howa uchit. ebong eta jokhon karjokor hoi tokhoni tini akti khela sharthok rup labh kore.
Old March 1, 2004, 12:12 AM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

... indian captain!

[Edited on 3-1-2004 by chinaman : Moderation.]
Old March 1, 2004, 12:27 AM
Cricket Legend

lol asif bhai. beta chorar chora. ar betar team ta aro chora. buirar dol. shudhu captain na. pura team takai ban kora uchit over age ar jonno. dannabad.
Old March 1, 2004, 12:35 AM
Retired BC Admin

Dear AsifTheManRahman

Was it really necessary?