facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 10, 2006, 09:39 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Sri Lanka, when the VB series tour started in Australia and now, just before the Bangladeshi tour !

When Sri Lanka arrived in Australia, they were asked to play a practice match in a swamp, against a team which had 'Bush Rangers' as part of their name. Sri Lanka was all out for 120 and was beaten. The Australian media wrote that unless SL got their act together, they would only make up numbers in the VB series.

After being beaten in the first VB match with Australia, SL bounced back to wallop both SA and the Kangaroos in back-to-back wins. After that they lost several matches and in a last ditch effort, they beat SA in their last league match and qualified for the best of three finals.

Today, in the first final, Sri Lanka showed once again that Australia is very weak when under pressure. The Kangaroos basically freeze under pressure. It is also true that they are only rarely under pressure ! Credit to them.

Sri Lanka might not win this series, but at least they would stretch the Aussies into the best of three finals.

So Sri Lanka will be brimming with confidence when they visit Bangladesh. The absence of Atapattu, Vass and Murali, as I said in a previous post, will not deplete the Sri Lankan team. It will still be a full team. A test playing nation cannot talk about two or three players being absent.

The Bangladeshi seniors should take a leaf from the book of ther Under 19 team which I am sure will win the World Cup.
Old February 10, 2006, 09:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Dilshan, Sangakara or Jayawardne are good enough to give us more than a headache with the bat........ we should make a flat track and go for the draw.... without Murali, our life will be little bit easier... unless some oga-moga bowlers get to us again
Old February 10, 2006, 10:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Great turnaround by the SL team. The coach, management staff and Jayasuriya (he lifted the spirit to another level) all deserves credit.

Hopefully we will have a good series. First the ODIs. So, boys would get a look at Bandara and Co. Losing to them is no shame. All I want BD is to compete hard and fight in the tests. Last time we faced SL, I don't know about you we saw our players quit before the matches were over.
Old February 10, 2006, 12:10 PM
Test Cricketer

Bangladesh will now know that even without 3 key players,
SL are strong to white wash them.

BD need to give all they have if there to win atleast 1 match.
Old February 10, 2006, 12:34 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

This is exactly what I was thinking when I was watching Aus struggle in today's VB game.

It seems every team finds it's top form just before playing BD.
Old February 10, 2006, 12:43 PM
Cricket Legend

Can we request the Aussies to visit BD now, instead of SL? Is it too late to do that?
Old February 10, 2006, 01:24 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by Ahmed_B
It seems every team finds it's top form just before playing BD.
No its the other way around. I think our team is never in form! 1 win once in every 5 years is not considered to be a good form
Old February 10, 2006, 05:16 PM
Test Cricketer

Go Sri Lanka. Love any team who can beat Australia, but Lankans in particular becoz of abherath's love for bangladeshi cricket. I was following the match and thinking of putting up a thread to congratulate them!

Too bad we have to face a strong Sri Lankan unit. Still.....conditions will be different.
Old February 10, 2006, 06:31 PM
ODI Cricketer

This is due to dedications and regaining forms of some key players. Bad news for us and they will come here with a high tempo. I want to see them beating AUS badly and taking the CUP.
Old February 10, 2006, 08:37 PM
Cricket Legend

jaihok,
akhon etai kintu bastobota. amar mone hoi na amader erokom negative approach niye akta series shuru kora uchit. akta team to tader shera form a thaktai pare. amaderke ota mathay rekhai kintu amaderke shai series ar jonno prostuti nite hobe. amadero aibhabe mathay rakha uchit jeno jai teamti ashche shai teamti tader pura shokti niye ashche ebong shai team ti tader shera form a ache. tahole amra bhalo korte parbo. amra jodi sharajibon hat tule boshe kolpona korte thaki jeno jai teamti ashche shai team ti tader pura shokti niye ashbe na ebong tara tader shera form a thakbe na tahole kintu amar mone hoi amader unnoti korte onek shomoy lagbe.
ai jonno ami kintu mone kori amra amader moton prepare kori. amader uchit hobe na ke kibhabe ashbe na ashbe shaita niye porikolpona kora. amader uchit amader nijederke age thik rakha. tahole kintu shafollo onek shohoje ashbe. protipokkho niye beshi na bhebe amader uchit age nijederke niye bhaba. dhannabad.
Old February 11, 2006, 06:57 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Our U-19 boys lost to ENG U-19s.
Old February 11, 2006, 01:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
jaihok,
akhon etai kintu bastobota. amar mone hoi na amader erokom negative approach niye akta series shuru kora uchit. akta team to tader shera form a thaktai pare. amaderke ota mathay rekhai kintu amaderke shai series ar jonno prostuti nite hobe. amadero aibhabe mathay rakha uchit jeno jai teamti ashche shai teamti tader pura shokti niye ashche ebong shai team ti tader shera form a ache. tahole amra bhalo korte parbo. amra jodi sharajibon hat tule boshe kolpona korte thaki jeno jai teamti ashche shai team ti tader pura shokti niye ashbe na ebong tara tader shera form a thakbe na tahole kintu amar mone hoi amader unnoti korte onek shomoy lagbe.
ai jonno ami kintu mone kori amra amader moton prepare kori. amader uchit hobe na ke kibhabe ashbe na ashbe shaita niye porikolpona kora. amader uchit amader nijederke age thik rakha. tahole kintu shafollo onek shohoje ashbe. protipokkho niye beshi na bhebe amader uchit age nijederke niye bhaba. dhannabad.
You should write in Bangla, not Banglish.
Old February 11, 2006, 02:23 PM
First Class Cricketer

It's rainning in Sydney now . So , Srilanka might end up with a draw but if the play goes on Australia will win in the finals for sure with a big time guarantee .

Edited on, February 11, 2006, 7:39 PM GMT, by mahrookh.
Old February 12, 2006, 02:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Take that Srilanka !!!!!! 369 to win !!!!!! Where's all the Srilankan's fan gone ? Man that's the Auissie , it's just about who bats first on these pitches . Srilanka can't even win even in their darest dream .
Old February 12, 2006, 04:33 AM
BC Editorial Team

[quote]Originally posted by Arnab
Quote:
Originally posted by FaltuRidwanBhai
jaihok,
You should write in Bangla, not Banglish.
Arnab, he knows about IME, he just hasn't had the chance to install it.
Old February 12, 2006, 04:45 AM
First Class Cricketer

Whoever is Srilankans fan here . Just a message for them : Don't try to celebrate if you beat the world champs once or twice . In the long run you never gonna win . Australia will win the finals and it's guranteed . If anyone can stop so they can try but it would be wothless They just need to bat first and batting first Australia won 96% matches . So , you better not to comapre any other teams with Australia .
Old February 12, 2006, 11:32 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Nantu Ghotok

i think as we got complete beating from srilanka after winning against Aussis its time for us to return the favor!!!! may be not complete beating but shorten the gap......and make the games compititive...

Edited on, February 12, 2006, 4:33 PM GMT, by akabir77.
Old February 12, 2006, 12:15 PM
ODI Cricketer

SL are coming here with a high note.They are not worried about us at all.They dare to rest some key players before coming here.And our history against them is not that bright either.We never had a close game with them.

So It would be interesting to see how BD play the game this time.
Old February 12, 2006, 01:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: TAMIM IQBAL

We know how much damage can caused by Sri Lanka, and we definately know what our boys are capable of, so in the end we know what the outcome will be, but we just don't wanna admit it.
Old February 12, 2006, 06:51 PM
First Class Cricketer

Srilanka is useless . They proves it again against The World Champs yesterday . They lost by 167 runs , hahahahaaha . I can't stop laughing , even bangladesh played better than this against the aussies in England . Australia never passed 368 against Bangladesh though . I am still laughing and Srilanka will loose again tomorrow very badly to the Aussies . Hey God help them but Aussies would be the Champs as usual and noone can stop them

I just wanna see where are the Srilankans fans gone ? Are they hiding or what ?

Edited on, February 13, 2006, 1:22 AM GMT, by mahrookh.
Old February 12, 2006, 06:55 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Dubya

what's up with you are you a big Sri Lanka hater or a big Aussie Supporter?

BTW: didn't you write that in another thread?

Edited on, February 12, 2006, 11:55 PM GMT, by cricman.
Old February 12, 2006, 08:48 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

one match doesn't mean anything and a second string srilanka team can still beat us. So we shouldn't be laughing at them but look at our own team.
Old February 12, 2006, 10:46 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by mahrookh
Srilanka is useless . They proves it again against The World Champs yesterday . They lost by 167 runs , hahahahaaha . I can't stop laughing , even bangladesh played better than this against the aussies in England . Australia never passed 368 against Bangladesh though . I am still laughing and Srilanka will loose again tomorrow very badly to the Aussies . Hey God help them but Aussies would be the Champs as usual and noone can stop them

I am Sri Lankan. I find your writing very interesting.

We Sri Lankans don't run away. We beat these same Aussies comprehensively in the previous match and also we beat them in 1996 to win the World Cup. One bad match like this does not change anything. Also, Aussies and Sri Lankans respect each other though there is rivalry on field. We thank the Aussies for having invited us to the VB Series.

I respect Bangladeshi people too. They are mostly very intelligent and easily the most well informed and dedicated fans in the world. But then these is the odd exception too - like you.

Thank you for the great entertainment with your kind of writing. Please write more, when you have stopped laughing. :P
Old February 12, 2006, 10:50 PM
ODI Cricketer

Quote:
Originally posted by sadi
one match doesn't mean anything and a second string srilanka team can still beat us. So we shouldn't be laughing at them but look at our own team.
As a Sri Lankan, I thank you.

Whether Sri Lanka beats Bangladesh or not, we respect you. The path of Bangladeshi cricket is similar to that of Sri Lanka. Also we are both South Asian nations and our people look very much alike. We have so much in common.
Old February 13, 2006, 02:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by mahrookh

I find the above comment so pathetic and deregotary. if SL is useless then I can not think of BD. SL lost 167 runs true but it happened once in blue moon. We are getting that beating evry day. Mind you we did not beat them. It is Aus - the champion of the champions. But SL beat them twice within last 30 days.
Cheers.