facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old September 4, 2011, 03:09 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio
Default Good home theater sound

I am looking to buy some good sounding but NOT bulky sound system. any recommendations. its gonna be to party with habib to teasing kajer bua with momtaz to dancing with wife to tagore.

But most importantly it is to capture the orgasmic breath sound Dexter makes after he jabs one in the right ventricle of his prey.
Old September 4, 2011, 03:56 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Development

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Harman Kardon = sound heaven.

"Good Sound - NOT bulky" = somewhat mutually exclusive.

Never buy Bose, unless you are looking for show piece.
They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 4, 2011, 05:46 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif

Never buy Bose, unless you are looking for show piece.
thats disappointing. i was actually thinking of buying it. i heard bose before - sounds pretty good. Only reason i m having second thoughts is the price of around 3k.

my place is pretty small - i need space saving speakers with good sound. There are good speakers I know but all are bulky...

I rate you recommendations highly, I might just purchase Harmon (never heard it or heard of it) but there is something about bose appeal that I can't get rid out of my mind - kinda like expensive apple products in the past.

any other system with good sounds that I can set the speakers in the corner walls...?
Old September 4, 2011, 05:12 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
I am looking to buy some good sounding but NOT bulky sound system. any recommendations. its gonna be to party with habib to teasing kajer bua with momtaz to dancing with wife to tagore.

But most importantly it is to capture the orgasmic breath sound Dexter makes after he jabs one in the right ventricle of his prey.
For affordable penetration, buy Logitech.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old September 5, 2011, 03:49 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: James Bond

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sohel NR
buy Logitech.
Seconded.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Dig.../dp/B0006HBCL8

I had these for 3 years while I was in the States, and sold them when I left (for good money!). When I got here, I bought the exact same sound system again... so you can tell I really like them. I've had them on really really loud... no noticable distortion...

And yes, Dexter's breathing sounds amazing on them.

Klipsch might also be a good choice, but will cost you a bit more.
Old September 5, 2011, 07:49 AM
Cricket Legend

i don't want pc sound system.. I need a true multi-input system. Which model of klipch.

Basically I am willing to go up to $1500 for a COMPLETE system (ie including receiver).

so far -

Harmonica
Klipsche - need model.
Bose - (cinemate speakers/small system, complete home theater out of reach for me).
Old September 5, 2011, 08:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
i don't want pc sound system.. I need a true multi-input system. Which model of klipch.

Basically I am willing to go up to $1500 for a COMPLETE system (ie including receiver).

so far -

Harmonica
Klipsche - need model.
Bose - (cinemate speakers/small system, complete home theater out of reach for me).
Dude, I have never used the Logitech with a PC (don't even have one anymore). It's got optical/coaxial connections (I use a manual hdmi/optical switch between 360/PS3/cable/sat... yes it's not ideal, but it costs me £5 as opposed to £300+ for a receiver).

But anyway, since your budget is that high, go with a decent Onkyo or Yamaha receiver, and buy some speakers separately (if you get Onkyo, it should leave you plenty of money for really good speakers)... don't worry about this "home theater bundle" crap. But, as someone else already said, if you want good, you are gonna need to go bulky... (actually, even the Logitech has a HUGE subwoofer)

Last edited by goru; September 5, 2011 at 09:14 AM..
Old September 4, 2011, 05:47 AM

Only for you Orphy...

Bang & Olufsen
Old September 4, 2011, 06:20 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Bang & Olufsen
Looks very sexy but i don't see a complete set - you have to buy bits and pieces and set everything up it seems. And they look more expensive than bose. I just wanna listen to some music man - not go into debt.
Old September 4, 2011, 06:59 AM

[quote=iDumb;1389458]Looks very sexy but i don't see a complete set - you have to buy bits and pieces and set everything up it seems. And they look more expensive than bose. I just wanna listen to some music man - not go into debt.[/quote]
Not doing good in stock market?

And you are right - will cost you a lot of money! Bang & Olufsen - will take to your dream world, best of the best
Old September 4, 2011, 07:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kalpurush
Not doing good in stock market?
Market goes up and down. To profit from that swing optimally requires constant monitoring - which is not possible for me now. But nothing to fear - it will eventually go up. The only recession I see is in people's head.

Now back to speakers... there are way too many choices - which is pissing me off. I will go to best buy next week - listen to some system - if I like - I buy if not - i buy this harmonica system our nasif bhai recommended. that's the plan.

Or in honor of Kalpurush bhai, if BAC goes to 15 dollars and Fas to 30 by the end of this year... I will buy bang olufsen speaker :p
Old September 4, 2011, 05:49 AM

Alternatively, I would go with Nasif bhai
Old September 4, 2011, 05:59 AM
Cricket Legend

Nasif bhai which model do you recommend? There are huge price differences. BDS 800 is 1500. But HKT in the 600-800.
Old September 5, 2011, 12:19 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Nasif bhai which model do you recommend? There are huge price differences. BDS 800 is 1500. But HKT in the 600-800.
Haven't been up to date with latest models. My last purchase was in 2008. Try to get one that has at least one HDMI audio input (not just a pass through). Whatever you get, 5.1/6.1 or 7.1, get a good subwoofer. Otherwise it will not sound as good. Go for atleast 10" to 12" subwoofer.

If your budget is high, then spend more and get high end stuff. The more you spend, the better it will get (except for Bose); that is, if you are true audiophile. If you don't have the ear; then mid-range systems will sound as good as anything.

These are my current set of speakers: Harman Kardon HKTS14

Receiver: Harman Kardon AVR-147

They said, "After we turn into bones and fragments, we get resurrected anew?!" Say, "Even if you turn into rocks or iron.[17:49-50] |Wiki: Cold Fusion occurring via quatum tunnelling in ~101500 years makes everything into iron.
Old September 6, 2011, 12:42 AM

Onkyo - Very good home theater systems. Fights out against Denon, Nakamichi, Yamaha and Marantz for value.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16882120186
Old September 6, 2011, 12:45 AM
Cricket Savant

Can't believe all of you are falling for iDumb's trick of using the 'Dexter' excuse. Ssssurre..iDumb you perv..
Old September 6, 2011, 03:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeeshanM
Can't believe all of you are falling for iDumb's trick of using the 'Dexter' excuse. Ssssurre..iDumb you perv..
I was actually thinking of the famous "speaker scene" from Howard Stern's movie "Private Parts" ...
Old September 9, 2011, 04:23 PM
Cricket Legend

So I decided to listen to u guys and go for a yamaha receiver 671 - already ordered it. And I will buy Harman kardan speakers - not sure which model yet though - subwoofer is same in all model but not sure why the difference in price for diff model. H k ts 60 is 1k 30 is 800 20 is 600. I am not sure what more I am getting if I purchase 60 vs 20 or 30?

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old September 11, 2011, 05:34 AM
Cricket Legend

Ok so I decided to order the hkts 60 speakers and was looking for some discounts. Then went to Costco.com and just to ck out what speakers they had as I can always return them if I wanna try it. I stump led upon a bundle with hkts 60 and avr 2600 receiver from hk for 1k. So I figured I was gonna buy the hkts 60 with 1k anyway but now it looks like a good deal as it is coming with a receiver though the receiver is older and doesn't have as much features or maybe not as good either as the latest yamaha I ordered. So I called the place and cancelled my yamaha receiver order and ordered the package from Costco. Total 1080. A "savings" of 400 dollars.

I will let u guys know how it sounds after it arrives. If it sound sucks I am sending this to Nasif bhai,s house. I mean it wouldn't be first time I would spend money to buy crap (ie most of the stocks that I buy)

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (1)
Old September 13, 2011, 10:31 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Or you can buy a big stero system of 100+w and add two more sound boxes to add extra 80+watts.

Then you can link your stereo system with your mega tv and select Aux..your stereo system will be connected with your tv...you can put your tv on mute if you like to...and increase the volume of your stereo to feel vibration under your feet..

I did it with my mega screen..working pretty well with extra bass, bursts and stereo...but you need a big room for this type of setup otherwise sound may hurt your ears.

Last edited by FagunerAgun; September 14, 2011 at 09:00 AM..
Old September 16, 2011, 10:18 PM
Cricket Legend

So my speaker set arrived. The receiver sucks balls. I just wanted to hear sound.. so just plugged everything in and can only listen to radio right now as I don't have any wires for other connectioins like pc, ipod yet.

Not impressed at all yet. I will see if it sounds better after I plug everything properly and i can actually go all the way up.

It's the subwoofer that makes this system half decent i suppose - minus the sub - and i feel like my laptop sounds better.

I will write again after I figure everything out. It was a mistake going with this avr crap reciver.... a reciever should I guess have easy ipod connection and some network connection so we can wirlessly listen to music.

I wish I had a bose system next to me right now to compare...
Old September 16, 2011, 10:22 PM
Cricket Legend

I worked so hard unpacking all this huge boxes and connecting this - even if I dont like it, I don't think i have the energy to return it - that's one of my problems. But again I am being premature.. listening to radio only with half aass antenna that occasionally has static sounds and quality of sound changes with movement.
Old September 16, 2011, 10:37 PM
Administrator

^^^ Radio is not for these.

Hookup a bluray; position the speakers. Connect with optical or channel audio through HDMI. Setup the speakers at right position. Never ever connect audio with red/white analog cables; that's just a waste of your expensive receiver.

Put on something good; Transformers/Iron Man or some other blockbusters. Hit back and relax!.
Old September 17, 2011, 11:37 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nasif
^^^ Radio is not for these.

Hookup a bluray; position the speakers. Connect with optical or channel audio through HDMI. Setup the speakers at right position.
yeah, it's gonna take me some time to do all this. It's the quality of radio signal, position of speakers that gave me that first impression. I will let you know how it is after I set everything up.

But this receiver is poor in terms of lacking some necessary inputs.
Old September 17, 2011, 11:41 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: Rafiq and Tendulkar

Quote:
yeah, it's gonna take me some time to do all this. It's the quality of radio signal, position of speakers that gave me that first impression. I will let you know how it is after I set everything up.

But this receiver is poor in terms of lacking some necessary inputs.
The total output of the receiver must be much greater than the total output of all the sound boxes, otherwise the receiver may be burnt out when you give high volume, as did my reciever.

Even though it is time consuming and may require several unpleasant journey to the electronic stores, it is still fun/interesting.