facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 28, 2011, 12:56 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
Actually, they earn more than the England players, as in England, a player wouldn't get close to what say Shakib and Tamim would get (except playing in the IPL). Sri Lanka, again, if you bar IPL, they make less as well. South africa, India and Australia are the three that earn more.
Thats quite a load of crap there, Banglaguy.

Andrew Strauss gets paid 400,000 pounds (yearly retainer) by the ECB. Thats how much an A list contract is worth in England. In other words Andrew Strauss's base salary is 400,000. KP and the other stars get a similar base salary. Oh and btw this 400 grand doesn't even include the match fees.

Old August 28, 2011, 01:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Graeme Smith

Can people actually state their sources instead of saying one country's players make more than the other?

Are people forgetting to convert currencies? Cause of what is stated above doesn't seem right...

Beshideshi's link included the following:
CRICKET CENTRAL CONTRACT EARNINGS
Country Earnings
Per player, per year. Source: Daily Mail August 2010
Australia 400,000
England 400,000
South Africa 105,000
India 82,500
West Indies 77,250
Sri Lanka 77,250
Pakistan 22,500
Bangladesh 12,000

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/a...#ixzz1WLkNCwNv

Also I doubt Bangladeshi players have as much sponsorship income or opportunities compared to Indian, English or SA players.
Old August 28, 2011, 01:58 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: The Champion

thats the reason i why was saying shakib is the only exceptional case....he might be the only one cricketer from bangladesh who will be right up there in the list in terms of money making....and this is the reason why i dint want shakib to be included in this discussion.....coz all cricketers in our team aren't like him....whereas say, a pretty good national cricketer from india, or england, yea, u can tell they are earning money like what u can classify as really rich cricketers on an international currency basis
Old August 28, 2011, 02:28 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
IMO, both of you are right. On one hand they need to have a good salary package, at the same time ... we shouldnt start distributing flats and plots after a win, except winning World Cup.

But I think, the base salaries should set reasonably low. Every one should have a lower basic salary and the Match fee should be set according to their performance. Even there could be negative fees (Deductions) for poor performances. Otherwise, just appear, score a duck and earn the same money like a performer, is pure bulsh*t. That doesn't inspire/compell players to give their everything for a better performance.

The only language they surely will understand. When it hurts your pocket, you need no consultant/motivator to tell you what to do. If they have technical issues, they will run after the coach, instead of coach running after them and yet struggling to convince them, currently.

They must earn the money by hard work. Gifts aren't working positive with our players at this moment.
Well put. Players should have a base salary and everything else beyond that should be performance based. This plan could effectively extract some consistency out of our players.
Old August 28, 2011, 02:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ryan Ten Doescate

I read somewhere on Cricinfo that Gambhir makes £1.5 million a week.
Old August 28, 2011, 03:55 PM
MLC World Series I

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banglaguy
I read somewhere on Cricinfo that Gambhir makes £1.5 million a week.
dude, £1.5 million/week is too much for an over exaggeration!
Old August 28, 2011, 04:04 PM
Cricket Legend

I meant month lol...

Quote:
Boycott was pessimistic about Test cricket’s survival in its current form. “Gautam Gambhir receives £1.5 million for just over a month’s work. On a week-by-week basis, that makes him better paid than a Premier League footballer. Is it any wonder that the Indians have looked tired and jaded on this tour? The series promised to be a thriller but ended up further damaging the brand of Test cricket.”
Geoffrey Boycott.
Old August 28, 2011, 04:58 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^That's his highest earning month and it's the month that the IPL is in business. That's what Boycott meant. He obviously does not earn that much every month. And lol at even suggesting BD players earn anything close to the English players. Shakib is the only one that probably comes close, thanks to the IPL, and that is to the middle-rung English players, his earning is nowhere near that of Pietersen's or Broad's.
Old August 28, 2011, 05:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox
^That's his highest earning month and it's the month that the IPL is in business. That's what Boycott meant. He obviously does not earn that much every month. And lol at even suggesting BD players earn anything close to the English players. Shakib is the only one that probably comes close, thanks to the IPL, and that is to the middle-rung English players, his earning is nowhere near that of Pietersen's or Broad's.
i beg to differ....hell i cant find the source, but to say that he earns nowhere near pieterson or broad is being a bit ignorant....u can say he earns in the same range as those cricketers (based on pounds or dollars, whatever u are comfortable with), but nowhere near??......nope mate, thats not true...but yea, the middle rung english players earn a lot more than our generally other 'permanent' bangladeshi cricketers.
Old August 28, 2011, 05:12 PM
Banned

so i guess based on all posts, i can infer that our cricketers are middle class earners when their income is converted into international currency barring maybe only shakib..
Old August 28, 2011, 05:20 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib

Quote:
Shakib earned more than Broad : ipl + fpt20 + all sponsors

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Old August 28, 2011, 06:18 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of BD
so i guess based on all posts, i can infer that our cricketers are middle class earners when their income is converted into international currency barring maybe only shakib..
Essentially, only Shakib makes the real $$$. Tamim is doing okay, he just needs an IPL contract.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dolcevita
Shakib earned more than Broad : ipl + fpt20 + all sponsors

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (iPhone)
Thank you. . . This is what I mean, not in any stretch of the imagination do I mean that his BCB contract is more than pretty boy.
Old August 28, 2011, 07:27 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I beg to differ. I inferred that our players are lower class earners compared to other countries, with the exception of Sakib (which makes sense as he is our only world class player).
Old August 28, 2011, 07:57 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
i beg to differ....hell i cant find the source, but to say that he earns nowhere near pieterson or broad is being a bit ignorant....u can say he earns in the same range as those cricketers (based on pounds or dollars, whatever u are comfortable with), but nowhere near??......nope mate, thats not true...but yea, the middle rung english players earn a lot more than our generally other 'permanent' bangladeshi cricketers.
You can differ as much as you want. At the end of the day this is not based on opinion but is factual. You not agreeing with it doesn't make a difference. Pietersen makes £1.5 - £2 million from his endorsement of Brylcreem alone. He also endorses Jaguar, Adidas, Oakley and Citizen among others, and unless you can prove that UCB, Shakti doi etc. pay Shakib at a similar rate there is no discussion.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...creem-boy.html
Old August 28, 2011, 10:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
You can differ as much as you want. At the end of the day this is not based on opinion but is factual. You not agreeing with it doesn't make a difference. Pietersen makes £1.5 - £2 million from his endorsement of Brylcreem alone. He also endorses Jaguar, Adidas, Oakley and Citizen among others, and unless you can prove that UCB, Shakti doi etc. pay Shakib at a similar rate there is no discussion.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/cri...creem-boy.html
yup...then thats cleared, thnx for ur references....shakib earns lower than pieterson....but still he'll be earning more than broad.....
Old August 28, 2011, 11:25 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
yup...then thats cleared, thnx for ur references....shakib earns lower than pieterson....but still he'll be earning more than broad.....
Any proof? What's with all this blanket statements?

And who cares if Sakib gets paid more than Broad. Sakib is our best player. Shouldn't we pay him at that rate?
Old August 29, 2011, 12:42 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
Any proof? What's with all this blanket statements?

And who cares if Sakib gets paid more than Broad. Sakib is our best player. Shouldn't we pay him at that rate?
thats what...am not getting the source...i saw it, but dunno why we bangladeshis have to believe one of our players can't match some other white cricketer in terms of money...read my posts again, and u'll see...i am still searching for the source which i saw quite a while back..but unforunately can't find it atm..
Old August 29, 2011, 03:40 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akib
I beg to differ. I inferred that our players are lower class earners compared to other countries, with the exception of Sakib (which makes sense as he is our only world class player).
??
Old August 29, 2011, 04:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

well, they earn a decent amount from DPL. they get salaries from BCB, which isn't much, but they also get match fees and all. moreover, many of our cricketers do not live in dhaka all the time and living costs are comparatively low in small towns
Old August 29, 2011, 04:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

For Bangladesh standard of living and in comparison with other jobs, the national team players are very well paid.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old August 29, 2011, 06:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Ash,Tamim, Rahim,Sakib

I still think that Bangladesh, Pakistan and Zim players are the least paid for national cricket, a few of them pick up other perks like endorsing products etc, at least those who are lucky.
Most cricketers careers are waning by age 30 anyhow.
Old August 29, 2011, 08:49 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
No he won't.
Old August 29, 2011, 09:00 AM
Street Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
Well put. Players should have a base salary and everything else beyond that should be performance based. This plan could effectively extract some consistency out of our players.
U both cant be serious?!
Old August 29, 2011, 03:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
No he won't.
fine.
Old August 30, 2011, 01:28 PM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: KP, Gibbs

Higher income brings higher incentive for people to work hard but with BD players you never know. They might get greedy.