facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 15, 2012, 12:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

For me Shakib was MOM for his all round performance and he might very well had won it if he was on the winning side.. nevertheless Mushy deserves it for taking his team towards victory

Old February 15, 2012, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Ice Man, Chatter Box

Shakib can't possibly have been the MoM when he let Mushy steal the game away.
Old February 15, 2012, 01:45 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Mushy came in when the team was under pressure so did Sakib but Mushy is the winning captain with a match winning knock, so Mushy deserved it more despite of Sak's all round performance
Old February 15, 2012, 01:56 PM
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Shakib, M. Waugh, Bevan

Even though Shakib is my favorite deshi player, I have to say that Mushy deserves the MOM in this match. As Simon bhai said, he came out to bat in a similarly pressurized situation and was able to take his team to victory and remain not out in the process. The fact that under his captaincy DR were able to keep KRB to a low total is also testament to his abilities - especially given how poor DR have been in the field previously.

Plus, friendly competition between our players can only be good for our national team. Shakib would not like to go through the BPL without picking up a single MOM!
Old February 15, 2012, 03:00 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Shahizab Hasan should have gotten it. First match and a 50+ score and basically won it for the Rajshahi when the other end was crumbling.
Old February 15, 2012, 03:02 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Favorite Player: bhujee kom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Shahizab Hasan should have gotten it. First match and a 50+ score and basically won it for the Rajshahi when the other end was crumbling.
Agreed 100%
Old February 15, 2012, 03:04 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

^Not really. Game was in the balance when Mushy came in and his innings swung the match decisively towards DR and he stayed there till the very end to ensure his team won. Those who watched the match will see the difference in fluency between Mushy's batting and Shahzaib's batting. Many times Mushy called for two but they ended up with one because the bhotka could not keep up with Mushy. Mushy finally lost it in the end and shouted at him. And Mushy could've easily got a 50 had he wanted to but his focus was on ensuring victory for his team.
Old February 15, 2012, 04:41 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shak,TI,Mash,Mushy,Dravid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navo
Even though Shakib is my favorite deshi player, I have to say that Mushy deserves the MOM in this match. As Simon bhai said, he came out to bat in a similarly pressurized situation and was able to take his team to victory and remain not out in the process. The fact that under his captaincy DR were able to keep KRB to a low total is also testament to his abilities - especially given how poor DR have been in the field previously.

Plus, friendly competition between our players can only be good for our national team. Shakib would not like to go through the BPL without picking up a single MOM!
Of course Mushy deserves it more as he helped his team win.. but I don't think Mushy came in the same situation where Shakib came in.. Shakib came in a very critical situation. If I remember it correctly he came in almost around 8th or 9th over and all the big names of his team was already back in the pavillion and they only managed something around 50 ... that is a hell of a pressure situation than Mushy coming in at 3/60 and that too in 7th over... Zunayed already gave DR a great start so run rate was under control so what mushy had to do is play out the overs and score runs and he had a good partner in Shahzaib Hasan who had a SR of 113.. whereas Shakib's partner Nasir had a SR of 80 or so... Shakib didn't get a good partner who can hit .. Mushy deserves it but I won't take away the credit that Shakib deserves.. he got 2 cruical wicket too.. none other bowlers supported him...

Anyways at the end it's the win that matters and Mushy wins
Old February 16, 2012, 12:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Mo Sami should have been the MoM
Old February 16, 2012, 12:32 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by MohammedC
Mo Sami should have been the MoM

Didn't he got it?? If not, wtf is this ??? Who picks the mom??Shamim/lal?? Them I'm not surprised. Stupid
Old February 16, 2012, 12:37 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
Didn't he got it?? If not, wtf is this ??? Who picks the mom??Shamim/lal?? Them I'm not surprised. Stupid
Marlon Samuels got it
Old February 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
Cricket Legend

^^ Dont agree . Samuels scored a valuable 36 and his bowling figure was 4-23-1. Samuels also bowled in the powerplay and i think the 18th over.On the other hand Sami's bowling figure was 4-23-3 and he got a hatrick in the last over when DG needed 21 in 1 over . Any bowler should defend 21 in 1 over and he got the hatrick when batsmen were pretty much slogging at every thing
Old February 16, 2012, 12:39 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
A hattrick is rare in any format. But that came when the other team was desparate with the match almost in the bag. Samuels did score the highest runs and took the most crucial wicket of Pollard.

Throughout the match (39 overs) Samuels was better than Sami except the last over. I can't fault the judges.
Old February 16, 2012, 12:40 PM
Banned

Favorite Player: Brian Lara

No Sami not getting it was fair enough....

his hat trick was superb, but the match was sealed by Razzaq the over before. Sami came in with Dhaka needing 21 from 6, just about impossible. His feat was great, but in terms of influence on the match, I think Samuels was fair enough.

Sami - 3/23 from 4
Samuels - 36 runs(top scorer) + 1/23 from his 4 overs - the wicket being Pollard.

EDIT: - Tigers_eye I was too slow.
Old February 16, 2012, 12:42 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Its a batsman's world
Old February 16, 2012, 12:46 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by F6_Turbo
EDIT: - Tigers_eye I was too slow.
Nitrus turbo lagbey, hahaha!! In the late 80's and early 90's there was a nintendo car racing game where we use to use nitrus to speed up. Them college days were awesome.