facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old December 8, 2012, 01:02 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

PS: Not discarding Momin - would love to see him replace the deadweights in tests soon too, just that I think he's better than what I saw. Gazi batted more comfortably today than him.

Old December 8, 2012, 01:04 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakibrulz
PS: Not discarding Momin, just that I thin he's better than what I saw. Gazi batted more comfortably today than him.
TBH, i think Gazi have better defence than most of our top order batsman including Tamim.

he can be out Ashwin with the bat
Old December 8, 2012, 01:35 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Curtly Ambrose

just saw a live program where hannan sarkar said, mominul is one of the coolest bd player he has played with. he is a complete batsman with good technique and guts. although he looks so nervous outside actually he stays so cool inside.

i hope hannan is right
Old December 8, 2012, 02:27 PM
Cricket Legend
ICC WT20 2016 Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadim 98
You guy's are already discarding Anamul and Moiminul? both had 2 bad games out of 5 in their debut series and faced bowler like Roach and Narayoon.

Anyone Remember when Nasir scored a 50 in his very first game and flopped big time in the next 2; one them was a brain fart and got a 2nd ball duck, which basically costed us the match vs Zim and alot of ppl started to call him another Aftab, Ash and Alok but look where he is now. We are doing the same thing with Anamul and Mominul. We hold on to Nasir and in no time he is already a reliable batsman.

We got to to hold on to Anamul and Mominul. i would give at least 2 more series before throwing them out of the NAT team. To me none of them done too bat. Anamul had 3 innings 30+ and last 2 games he basically gifted away his wicket. he will learn with time. Mominul played 2 imoortant little cameo(2nd odi and the 5th) and didn't bowl too bad either.

When Shak comes back, the playing XI looks very strong

1) Tamim
2) Anamul
3) Shakib (Shak has to bat at 3 or at 7)
4) Mushy (He should stay at 4)
5) Riyad (Experienced matters, proved it and he is the perfect man for no 5)
6) Nasir (Was never a fan of him going up the order....his avg and most of his gd innings came from at 4)
7) Mominul
8)Gazi
9) Mash
10) Shafiul (impressive comeback)
11) Lalla

12) Jahirul
13) Rubel
14) Nazmul
15) Sunny
Excellent post and a great team Nadim, agree with every single word you said!
Old December 8, 2012, 06:45 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

I say he should stay with the national team. He wil learn and will come out as a good player.
Old December 8, 2012, 07:50 PM

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir, Sir Don

I liked what I saw from both Anamul and Mominul. Lots of rough edges, but they have the right temperament. In this important aspect, they are way ahead compared to many of our established players. I have high expectations of both.
Old December 9, 2012, 01:30 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by al-Sagar
just saw a live program where hannan sarkar said, mominul is one of the coolest bd player he has played with. he is a complete batsman with good technique and guts. although he looks so nervous outside actually he stays so cool inside.

i hope hannan is right
It was so foggy that the batsmen were having difficulties in sighting the deliveries. I was present at the stadium. You are from Mirpur and you probably have seen the heavy fog last night. Any batsman in the world would have found it difficult to play fast bowlers like Roach and Russel (Russel is fast medium though) in that kinda conditions. He did well to stick around the wicket that time.

Very calm and cool innings.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:13 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Sakib - the real Tiger

I've seen him bat a couple of the ODIs. In the final ODI, he was looking so reluctant to get to the middle! He had that "amare keno ghum theke uthaise shalara" look on his face. But boy...did he surprise me!

First the negatives - plays uppish shots at times, temperament issues at times...seems like a slow runner...and seems so reluctant to play and win the game (may be that's just the way he looks). On top of it all, he's still a raw talent...needs to adjust to the big stage situation and just hit the ball into the fielders' hands (like he's done a couple of times).

Positives - pulls the ball with comfort and style. It looks like he can play slow and build an inning (like the last ODI) and has got good footwork for defensive shots. I noted a few more positives when I was watching the game, but can't recall what they were. In other words, I was quite impressed.

He needs a lot of grooming - good find.
Old December 10, 2012, 12:16 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

Mominul will play like BPL (Barisal vs Khulna) to night .
Old December 10, 2012, 01:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

I expect from him a cyclone innings today.
Old December 10, 2012, 03:11 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kabir
I noted a few more positives when I was watching the game, but can't recall what they were. In other words, I was quite impressed.

He needs a lot of grooming - good find.
Exactly how i felt. Yes he might be some rough patches about him but i think the only way to address his issues and improve on his game is to stick around with the national team. He needs to work on having more variety of shots in his game and to work the ones and twos. What i have seen is a potentially solid top order batsmen for the future. He will be much suited to test cricket imo and thats the type of cricketer we desperately need.
Old December 10, 2012, 03:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
TBH, i think Gazi have better defence than most of our top order batsman including Tamim.

he can be out Ashwin with the bat
Ha, funny you say that, I was somewhat thinking of the same thing - but his temperament is awful - he can bat much better if he wants to. Obviously he need not concentrate way too much on batting, but just hold himself back a bit before slogging,that's all.
Old January 18, 2013, 11:24 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: None Specifically

Does anyone have the highlights of Mominuls batting in todays bpl game?
Old January 19, 2013, 01:28 AM
Cricket Legend

Mominul could become a very effective middle order batsman for us. He has the ability to occupy the crease and bats with a lot of grit. Doesnt have the power or timing, but he can do what Bevan used to do for Australia-rotate strike and set platform.
Old February 5, 2013, 01:50 PM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

BOWLED 5 times out of 8 innings in BPl so far. 3/4 times he dragged the ball into the stump when he tried to cut the ball, when it was very close to the off stump. If he doesn't know how to avoid it, then im sorry to say he won't survive long in int cricket. His tech is fine but his shot selection still a concern and getting bowled 5 out of 8 times is alarming for a TOP ORDER BATSMAN...
Old February 5, 2013, 03:33 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: TIGERS !!

Quote:
BOWLED 5 times out of 8 innings in BPl so far. 3/4 times he dragged the ball into the stump when he tried to cut the ball, when it was very close to the off stump. If he doesn't know how to avoid it, then im sorry to say he won't survive long in int cricket. His tech is fine but his shot selection still a concern and getting bowled 5 out of 8 times is alarming for a TOP ORDER BATSMAN...
very true that. He is looking very ordinary day to day, I hope he gets some proper advice and tips from someone who can fix his this problem.
Old February 5, 2013, 03:44 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaan
very true that. He is looking very ordinary day to day, I hope he gets some proper advice and tips from someone who can fix his this problem.
He had always been ordinary, some fans created an unnecessary hype about him...
Old February 5, 2013, 04:56 PM
Cricket Legend

Shamsu will probably take his spot...because he is performing beyond ordinary
Old February 5, 2013, 10:46 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

inshaAllah he will bounce back...
Old February 6, 2013, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
Ordinary is a little harsh. But like you say we have created too much hype, and the selectors have called him up too early. Too much of expectation, pressure, i guess his attitude is having a negative effect. Too many rash, careless strokes. As if he doesnt place any value on his wicket. Has to get rid of this Afridi mentality and start following the likes of Anamul, Shamsur
Old February 6, 2013, 04:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Dont think you have watched him bat.

He was consistent (in FC and tours) up until he debuted for Bangladesh. He seems to have not found his feet afterwards. I dont think he has dealt with expectation too well.
Old February 6, 2013, 01:35 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeesh
Ordinary is a little harsh. But like you say we have created too much hype, and the selectors have called him up too early. Too much of expectation, pressure, i guess his attitude is having a negative effect. Too many rash, careless strokes. As if he doesnt place any value on his wicket. Has to get rid of this Afridi mentality and start following the likes of Anamul, Shamsur
This is why I am always in fear with young guys. It was necessary to test him more with the A team.Though his WI and India tour was not bad.Still its better to test more through the A team. I hope he will sort out his problem and come strong.
So we have made another Shuvagot.
Old February 6, 2013, 01:45 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

Quote:
Plus Stuart Law and Richard McInnes.

He has been poor in the BPL so far and hasn't learnt from his mistakes which is frustrating given that he has had a sustained run at number 3. Mushy should demote him to 5 or 6 for the next few games. As for his place in the national team, we can't just go by the BPL. He did pretty well in the BCL but Naeem and Marshall are still ahead of him as far as places for the Test squad go.
Old February 6, 2013, 01:55 PM
Cricket Sage

Don't judge his potential solely based on his T20 performance. He was a better test/odi prospect than t20 anyway, we knew that. Not all young talent can master in all three format at the same time; when they establish in one format, it makes it a little bit easier to adjust in other format or they may trun out to be specialized in a particular format only.

Also if you are looking for proper batting technique and application in a young player only in T20 format, you are most likely wasting your time and doing injustice to that particular player.
Old February 6, 2013, 02:05 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
I've seen him play, I've criticized him when fans praised him overtly, but that's just wrong. He has great potential regardless of how he does in BPL. Sure, he has to improve a lot, but regardless he's a genuine prospect and has been fairly consistent upto this point.