facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old August 21, 2005, 06:43 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Default India-Pak Series Starting to lose interest

The Fan's interest in India-Pakistan Cricket sereis is found to have lost a lot of interest because it has been occuring too frequently (twice already within last 6 monthes). Earlier, these two countries had decided to play some extra series in addition to the ICC's FTP schedule... as they expected to have big financial success from it. But figures show that the very recnet IND-PAK series earned 22 crore Rupees wheras the immediate earlier one earned 30 crore Rupees. BCCI & Pak Cricket board are now fearing that playing these series too often may cause big financial losses and lack of interest in future series. It may even affect the Asia Cup matches in future between Ind & Pak.

Source: Alpha TV news, India.
21, Aug, 2005

Old August 21, 2005, 07:21 AM
First Class Cricketer

I dont think so. Most people are interested in seeing Ashes and India Pakistan matches. Well they dont play every month. Just plays in a year or twice a year or something..
Old August 21, 2005, 10:28 AM
First Class Cricketer

i agree with ahmed,ind-pak can never b compared to ashes.ind-pak is a big thing only because of the history(3 wars remember).now this bhai bhai effort by the govts isnt helping the the interest.eng-aus has always been like this .not just cricket but also rugby.
Old August 21, 2005, 11:33 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tendulkar & Jonty Rhodes

i agree wid ahmed!!
its really happening 2 often!
i m kinda gettin addicted to watch sum matches featuring india pak 2gether instead being against!
i really like those matches for instance asia vs africa matches!
Old August 21, 2005, 01:27 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

While everyone is 'agreeing/disagreeing with Ahmed'.... let me clear the air before things get complicated..

What I posted wasn't really my observation.. rather it is actually a 'News'(the source is mentioned). Basically I translated everything they said in the news... including the fear of the IND-PAK cricket boards about coming ICC Trophy or Asia Cup IND-PAK matches.

BTW.... here's wht I think about it:
the decision by the India and PAK cricket boards to play series more often(to earn some extra cash too I suppose) has a chance to turn out like the story... of the greedy farmer who had a Duck that gave one Golden Egg everyday and the Farmer rather decided to slaughter the Duck and and have it all together.
Old August 21, 2005, 04:00 PM
First Class Cricketer

if u post a article without saying a thing,it means that u have the same opinion.atleast u cud have said "discuss".

Edited on, August 21, 2005, 9:03 PM GMT, by prasad.