facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Miscellaneous > Forget Cricket

Forget Cricket Talk about anything [within Board Rules, of course :) ]

Old March 20, 2017, 08:05 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Mominul Haque

What is your recommendation of a good tablet for a 6th grader?

Old March 20, 2017, 08:23 AM
Champions Trophy 2017 Fantasy winner
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Fizz, Sabbir, Taskin

I have the MacBook Pro and I like it. It all depends on what you're gonna be using it for. Mine I use just for school and it works great. Pretty light and easy to carry around for me. Retina display is a plus. I recommend.

If you intend to do intense gaming or streaming however then I suggest looking at other options.
Old March 20, 2017, 11:29 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by One World
What is your recommendation of a good tablet for a 6th grader?
Cricket bat/Tennis Racket and tennis balls; Basketball and net.

Tablet will takeout the eyes, get hooked on electronics like no tomorrow, would learn multi tasking which is super bad because their attention span goes away. Will start communicating with lol, kdpp, hhs etc.
Old March 20, 2017, 09:23 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Any leg break bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigers_eye
Cricket bat/Tennis Racket and tennis balls; Basketball and net.

Tablet will takeout the eyes, get hooked on electronics like no tomorrow, would learn multi tasking which is super bad because their attention span goes away. Will start communicating with lol, kdpp, hhs etc.

This is a very sensitive thing.. the kid needs a laptop because maybe he needs to work on the go.. or need to show his work to others... maybe he is quite efficient in using it and can reap more out of it if he gets to work with it all the time.. but maybe he also needs to look cool in front of others or needs to be in the same frequency with others.. he is not getting time from his family and friends and need sth to get along...

If the necessity is really a need then any basic laptop is OK and if he is smart enough he will be able to upgrade it with time.. if it is the other way.. I don`t know the answer how to face the consumerism.. it is not the fault of the kid it is all around us...
Old March 20, 2017, 10:06 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Hashim Amla, Joe Root

I had a really bad experience with HP. but that was like 6/7 years ago when i was in college so it may have improved since then.

For simple Browsing, I love the Chromebook. but If you want more than just browsing, then MacBook pro is ideal for development work or Lenovo would do. an Ideal laptop really depends on how much you use it, cause for me most Windows laptop I buy doesn't last me more than 2 years and I am a very heavy user. Never really owned a surface so can't speak much about it.

Best thing to do is to build your own laptop from scratch with buying parts online. you can get a much faster processor for a fraction of the price.
Old March 21, 2017, 01:46 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Concurrent Systems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rifat
I had a really bad experience with HP. but that was like 6/7 years ago when i was in college so it may have improved since then.

For simple Browsing, I love the Chromebook. but If you want more than just browsing, then MacBook pro is ideal for development work or Lenovo would do. an Ideal laptop really depends on how much you use it, cause for me most Windows laptop I buy doesn't last me more than 2 years and I am a very heavy user. Never really owned a surface so can't speak much about it.

Best thing to do is to build your own laptop from scratch with buying parts online. you can get a much faster processor for a fraction of the price.
He wants a laptop, not a desktop. Anyway building a laptop takes alot of technical know how, since it isn`t as easy, the mobo has alot of weird configurations and the CPU is usually soldered on and then thermal paste is applied onto it.....Yes he can buy a custom built laptop if thats what you mean, but even I would shy away from building a laptop from scratch
Old March 24, 2017, 11:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
@Tonoy: I use a Lenovo yoga 13" ultrabook with core i7 processor and i love it.
There is even a newer version to mine which i bought 1.5 yrs ago.

This laptop is amazing. I checked out at least 10 different ones and this is the one I liked most. Couple of months ago I even had it for a week. It has only one issue - the right shift key is a bit too far to the right and it annoys me. I don't know how long it takes to get used to it and I was in no rush to upgrade so I returned it. Being a windows user I preferred Lenovo yoga to Macbook Pro.
Old March 25, 2017, 12:06 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
This laptop is amazing. I checked out at least 10 different ones and this is the one I liked most. Couple of months ago I even had it for a week. It has only one issue - the right shift key is a bit too far to the right and it annoys me. I don't know how long it takes to get used to it and I was in no rush to upgrade so I returned it. Being a windows user I preferred Lenovo yoga to Macbook Pro.
These Lenovo`s/surfaces are all for kids, why do you think graphics devs,hardware analysts all prefer purchasing a full time laptop, buy something from ASUS/Gigabyte, if you want power and portability...
If you want to show off, go for a lenovo/surface/any convertible/macbook
Old April 17, 2017, 09:12 PM
Street Cricketer

I love the Dell XPS 13 or XPS 15 models for now
Old April 17, 2017, 09:13 PM
Street Cricketer

You could try browsing this list: http://pc4u.org/best-laptops-for-college-students/
Old April 18, 2017, 06:43 PM
Cricket Legend

I use a Vaio I got back in 2011 when I was going to university, still using it now. Though its really shite now lol

I have another laptop I got from work, a Dell 7590 which is quite nice, touchscreen and powerful with an SSD, 16GB RAM and all.
Old April 18, 2017, 10:59 PM
Banned for 3 months

Favorite Player: Mominul, Nasir, Taskin

I have a Macbook Air, but not the current generation. I have the 11 inch one, but it comes in a 13 inch as well.

Pros - its fast and lightweight...easy to take on the run. Charges very quick (1 hour).

Cons - some functions are annoying like screenshots and toggling between incognito and regular mode on chrome. Also no DVD drive. Battery dies very quick (3 hrs on full charge).

I had an old Samsung with Windows...best laptop ever.

I hate the current Windows...even worse than iOS.

Just my 2 cents as I am not a techie.
Old April 18, 2017, 11:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by al Furqaan
I have a Macbook Air, but not the current generation. I have the 11 inch one, but it comes in a 13 inch as well.

Pros - its fast and lightweight...easy to take on the run. Charges very quick (1 hour).

Cons - some functions are annoying like screenshots and toggling between incognito and regular mode on chrome. Also no DVD drive. Battery dies very quick (3 hrs on full charge).

I had an old Samsung with Windows...best laptop ever.

I hate the current Windows...even worse than iOS.

Just my 2 cents as I am not a techie.
Ah....the good ol incognito mode eh, doing some explicit things I see
Old May 2, 2017, 10:13 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Di Caprio

Tonoy I hope you didn't buy your laptop yet. Windows just started getting pre-orders for surface laptop will ship in june i think.. THis might be your answer.

I regret a new laptop now that I STILL havne't opened the box purchased few months back. I think i want this.
Old May 3, 2017, 01:47 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by iDumb
Tonoy I hope you didn't buy your laptop yet. Windows just started getting pre-orders for surface laptop will ship in june i think.. THis might be your answer.

I regret a new laptop now that I STILL havne't opened the box purchased few months back. I think i want this.
Dude, I was quite close to making a decision on a 15 inch macbook pro. But this has got me intrigued. Call me shallow, but build quality is quite important to me(that and battery life) and so far the closest that I've seen anyone come close is this(surfacebook) and Razerblade. In either case I'm willing to wait until june since I'd be spending quite a bit.
Old May 8, 2017, 10:44 AM

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

So, I decided to take the plunge with the 15 inch model MacBook. I bought it brand new and the price was insane($2800 Canadian or about $2100 US). I just got it yesterday. I'll write down my review of it in a few days.
Old May 9, 2017, 02:34 AM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
So, I decided to take the plunge with the 15 inch model MacBook. I bought it brand new and the price was insane($2800 Canadian or about $2100 US). I just got it yesterday. I'll write down my review of it in a few days.
Welcome to the company of overpriced gimmicks, with underpowered hardware... With that money you could of bought a ASUS or Gigabyte Laptop, and still have 400 Dollars left.

Light Years Ahead Pfttt, more like Eeons Behind

The laptop I use is 1000 dollars cheaper than yours, its a ASUS GL702

comes with the latest gen i7, 1TB SSD, plus 32GB of ram all packaged up with a gtx 1060M, and it still is faster than Macbook Pros/Macbooks

After all, beauty is nothing without brains

Anyway do let us know how your new Laptop is.
Old May 9, 2017, 09:41 AM
Cricket Legend

Congratulations tonoy good choice ....

Asus laptop LOL. Don't be a desi
Old May 9, 2017, 09:42 AM
Cricket Legend

Apple is a gimmick company ...now I have heard enough ... it is soon becoming a company with a trillion dollars market cap ...very gimmicky yes
Old May 9, 2017, 11:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Lara, Shakib

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonoy
dayum bro. I would have had a mini stroke before spending that much on a laptop. I am very kipta when it comes to these and that's a different case.

I have a Lenovo laptop that I bought for ~$700 and its almost in its 5th year now.