facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 18, 2017, 07:26 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Strategy to win the test match vs Sri Lanka on Day 5 at Colombo

I watched the whole of the last frustrating session where Mushy lost the plot as usual. I have been saying this for thr past 3 years now, we won't go anywhere till he is the captain. We won't realize our true potential, it is a blessing he is not the ODI or T20 captain, we would be losing to everyone and not even be in the top 10.

We can't forget even if we win this test match what Mushys captaincy is doing to us. Anyways, we still have this match in our hands provided we:

- Restrict SL to under 170 runs. Bring Shakib and Mustafizur and attack from ball 1. They are your best chance and also there are 2 right handers at the crease. Get the two wickets fast. Let Shakib bowl non stop, replace Shakib with Taijul after 10 overs.
- Mix aggression with caution. Punish the bad balls and rotate strike. A target of 170 odd runs is very much gettable on a pitch that is very very good for batting.
- Push Mushy up the order, bring some more grit and determination to the middle order.
- Let Shabbir bat at 6, if it does come down to him I feel he can take us home.
- if you lose quick wickets always look to build a partnership first. Don't play unnecessary shots or take risks. Play the line of the ball.
- Keep calm, the team that holds their nerves and does not get too emotional or too excited is going to win this match. It wil just be a battle of nerves. Keep your nerves as cold as you can, zone out.
- Rotate strike, frustrate Lankans, don't give them a sniff. They will feel the pressure and you can make use of it, get a ball outside your stumps like short and wide make sure you punish it to boundaries.

Even if they score 200 we should have the mindset to chase it down, just can't give up. Just have to be positive and methodical, be clinical and keep a nerve of steel. We should have our 100th test victory tomorrow if we just keep calm and slowly build.towards the target.

Again guys, keep your calm and don't give up till the fat lady sings. You have got this, we can't and won't lose this. Whatever the target is, even if it is 200+ prepare mentally to chase it down. Believe in yourself and your teammates.

Ps: hoping secretly the playes read my message.

Old March 18, 2017, 07:37 AM

Favorite Player: Mash

this match is a lost case..best thing we can do now is try to draw
Old March 18, 2017, 07:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Can't be so negative guys come on. A loss here will push our cricket back, a win here will take us years ahead though. It will give us a massive boost in our cricket, we need this win badly. This is an away win and in one of the most challenging situations, we can't let this slip. We gotta fight with all that we have. A loss here is bigger than Multan, Fatullah or Chittagong combined to me. We need to strategize well, I feel if we go with what I said and have a game plan we can win this. We have to!!!
Old March 18, 2017, 08:04 AM

Favorite Player: Innocent Bird

Only rain can save SL.

Is it raining tomorrow???
Old March 18, 2017, 08:14 AM
Cricket Legend

Out of the box idea

What about Mehedi in top 5 if we can restrict them to under 170, a 30 from him can take us closer with batsman still to come
Old March 18, 2017, 08:45 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

We can lose this match easily. I have no confidence in mushfiq at all. He is not a good captain
Old March 18, 2017, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger1000
Out of the box idea

What about Mehedi in top 5 if we can restrict them to under 170, a 30 from him can take us closer with batsman still to come
You gotta mix caution with aggression.
For example Mosaddek and Shabbir can't come one after another, same with Shakib. Kayes should follow with Mosaddek, then Mushfique, then Shakib, then Shabbir, then Miraz. Among them Mushfique is the most dependable, Kayes is also not overly attacking and you have Mosaddek who is a mix between aggressive and dependable. It might not come down to Shabbir but he maybe crucial later as well. Lets see what Bangladesh goes in with but we just have to hold our nerves and keep attacking and slowly building. It will be a battle of nerves, whoever uses brain and keeps calm will win the match, and there will be a result tomorrow no question about that, the ground's history is such and also SL has only 2 wickets left.
Old March 18, 2017, 09:12 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
You gotta mix caution with aggression.
For example Mosaddek and Shabbir can't come one after another, same with Shakib. Kayes should follow with Mosaddek, then Mushfique, then Shakib, then Shabbir, then Miraz. Among them Mushfique is the most dependable, Kayes is also not overly attacking and you have Mosaddek who is a mix between aggressive and dependable. It might not come down to Shabbir but he maybe crucial later as well. Lets see what Bangladesh goes in with but we just have to hold our nerves and keep attacking and slowly building. It will be a battle of nerves, whoever uses brain and keeps calm will win the match, and there will be a result tomorrow no question about that, the ground's history is such and also SL has only 2 wickets left.
I trust Mosaddek with the tail more than sabbir, in all honesty I don't whether to go

Tamim
Sarkar
Imrul
Mushfiq if fit enough
Shakib
Sabbir
Mosaddek
Mehedi

Or sabbir at 4 to blast a 40

Old March 18, 2017, 09:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_wolf
this match is a lost case..best thing we can do now is try to draw
Weed weed
Old March 18, 2017, 09:54 AM
Test Cricketer
Assistant BC Oracle

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

Lowest total defended in P Sara is 244. Anything below 200 has been chased down easily. The pitch has no demons. If we keep our nerves and bat normally I dont see any reason why we cant chase 150 odd here.
Sabbir should bat at 4. Need some quick runs upfront incase pitch pitch starts behaving badly later on.
Old March 18, 2017, 10:25 AM
Test Cricketer
Assistant BC Oracle

Favorite Player: Anybody who plays for BD

http://m.prothom-alo.com/sports/arti...াদেশ
Mosa confident of chasing 160 easily. Hope they stay focused
Old March 18, 2017, 10:36 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, Amla

I don't know what to think about pitch assessments by Pundits anymore. Off late when they've said they expect a sporting wicket they turned out to be minefields, when they said they're supposed to be square turners they ended up being your typical garden variety pitch. Not sure if it's the Trump effect or what. Having watched parts of the 1st session and the whole 3rd session, I'm not sure I've seen more than one ball turning square (the Miraz delivery) and couple of balls keeping low. I wouldn't be too worried about chasing anything in the 200 neighborhood as long as the RRR isn't too high.
Old March 18, 2017, 10:44 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Bangladesh 11

As I mentioned earlier, this is one of the very best batting combinations Bangladesh could ever formed. I don't see them loosing by chasing 200.

WE ARE WINNING THIS ONE(inshallah).
Old March 18, 2017, 10:45 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur

Even if Sri Lanka does set a target of over 180, Bangladesh batsman can afford to score less than 20 runs per wicket to win this match. All our main batsman average well over 30 runs, so there shouldn't be any excuses. If they can't then it sums up Bangladesh Cricket in their 100th test.
Old March 18, 2017, 11:11 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Lets see if SS and Tamim give us a good start when we badly need 1.
Old March 18, 2017, 11:41 AM
BD-SL 2017 - LOI Winner

Restrict them within 180 and the game is our. Yes, I am very aware of our 2nd innings batting but this time we will chase it down inshallah.
Old March 18, 2017, 11:57 AM
Cricket Legend

Mustafiz must bowl first up tomorrow.
Old March 18, 2017, 12:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hassan

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon
Lets see if SS and Tamim give us a good start when we badly need 1.
When do we ever not need a good start? hahahaha

If anything, tomorrow we might not need one. Because it is possible, that TI and SS both fail, and our middle order still clicks.
Old March 18, 2017, 12:59 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by zman
I don't know what to think about pitch assessments by Pundits anymore. Off late when they've said they expect a sporting wicket they turned out to be minefields, when they said they're supposed to be square turners they ended up being your typical garden variety pitch. Not sure if it's the Trump effect or what. Having watched parts of the 1st session and the whole 3rd session, I'm not sure I've seen more than one ball turning square (the Miraz delivery) and couple of balls keeping low. I wouldn't be too worried about chasing anything in the 200 neighborhood as long as the RRR isn't too high.
hehehehee zman k ekhono tar ammu take haat dhore mukhe khaway dey...party te zman er sathe kalke dekha hoise...hehehe
Old March 18, 2017, 01:53 PM
Test Cricketer

Won't be surprised if we manage to lose this actually. Considering our poor second innings outing in last 4/5 test matches I'll be really surprised if we actually win this match.

Call me a pessimist,but I've no hope for this team.
Old March 18, 2017, 02:09 PM
Banned

Must bowl them out within the first hour of the morning. You can go at Lakmal two ways; spread the field, have boundary riders and bowl well directed short stuff at him for 2/3 overs (intimidate the life out of him) or just bowl proper line and length not trying too hard and wait for him to make mistake. Keep him on strike, no easy singles or loose stuff. Must open one end early in the morning. We must not concede a lead of more than 170.

When chasing Tamim and Soumya -after the initial opening 3/4 overs- must go hard (not reckless) at the spinners providing SL sets an attacking field. Force SL to either have close fielders or spreading the field -in the case of latter then just milk 1s and 2s. But, I don't think they will spread the field. Therefore, must score some runs before the ball starts to turn square and I think it will turn on the final day post-Lunch. We must not suffer brainlosses and keep calm -no doubt will be a very tough task given the 5th day track, Rangana and Sandakana and the pressure of winning. Inshaa Allah, we should still win this IF we don't have to chase more than 170 in two sessions.
Old March 18, 2017, 02:22 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mustafiz, Tamim

Personally I wouldn't have wanted Tamim and Sarkar play last few overs of the day. Maybe blessing in disguise
Old March 18, 2017, 02:31 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Not hoping much but let's pray for best
Old March 18, 2017, 04:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: An honest player; a trier

Guys, we can win this!

Any target over 170 by Sri Lanka gives them a chance of winning. However, we have capability to chase down anything within 220. I have confidence that all of the top 7 will contribute, with Tamim, Shakib and Mushfique to lead the way.

First things first: let's get Sri Lanka's last two wickets within the first hour, preferably within 30 runs.

I hope no one targets a draw unless we are 7 down with no chance of winning. A draw is near impossible today.

Best of luck to our team
Old March 18, 2017, 05:00 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roey Haque
When do we ever not need a good start? hahahaha

If anything, tomorrow we might not need one. Because it is possible, that TI and SS both fail, and our middle order still clicks.
Hehe true
But this time it will be crucial and unda presha.