facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old September 17, 2006, 11:33 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default Prothom Alo: Our Cricket culture

Did anyone see the 'stadium' issue of Prothom Alo today?

Seems like all our reporters are biased in favor of our players. It could also indicate to a reason why we lost the series in Zimbabwe.

http://www.prothom-alo.org/fcat.news...=Njcw&fid=Ng==

It lets you wonder what actually did our players do that can really harm Bangladesh Cricket.

Old September 17, 2006, 11:37 AM
First BC Member

On another note, on the outside, I could never realize what an important role Faruque Ahmed is playing in Bangladesh Cricket.
Old September 17, 2006, 12:10 PM
Cricket Legend

Tareq Mahmood is getting on my nerves. Whether the players think a zoo tour is worth $40 is totally up to them, what kind of mean guy is he to ask how should players spend their hard earned money ?

BD team management need to be more strict to keep this kind of gossip reporters to a good distant from the players.
Old September 17, 2006, 12:33 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

A stupid example by a stupid journalist. Its none if his business where the players should spend their money. did he enter the zoo himself with 40 USD?
Old September 17, 2006, 05:35 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Another rubbish article from Tareq Mahmood. This article is just a page filler, nothing else.

His writings can be good for only tabloids like Manabjamin
Old September 17, 2006, 05:39 PM
BC Staff
BC Editorial Team

Favorite Player: Mohammad Rafique

Unfortunately this Tareq Mahmood is nominated for best cricket journalist award. BCB nomination board is equally rubbish.
Old September 17, 2006, 08:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Well everything that Tareque Mahmood said is not bad at all. Perheps 40 dollar issue is a bit harsh but remember the post match culture raised by him is a very good one! Well done Faruque. We need to make a proper cricket culture.

It's also true that sometimes Mr Tareque makes things complex which is really a bad habit. He is too much nosey.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old September 17, 2006, 08:26 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

tareq mahmood was talking about national park in zimbabwe. our players came back cause ticket was expensive and he critisized that. but did he visit national park?
Old September 17, 2006, 09:07 PM

Tareq Mahmood Zimbabwe National Park visit korbe kibhabe? Seto "fao" marar tale chilo! Jodi player ra ekta ticket kine day ...Prothom Alo-te "khobor" hower binimoye!!
Old September 17, 2006, 09:57 PM

I think he(Mr. Mahmood) is right about the "cricket culture" though! Our cricketers should show more discipline and maturity and follow the world standards of cricket culture. They sometime fail to show that!
Old September 17, 2006, 11:35 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mominul

I think the talk about "Cricket Culture" is not a bad one.Our players surely need to get more matured.Not only in field, but also in their personal life and attitude.

Though I really hate this reporter - Tareq Mahmood.I don't like his writing style and the way he tries to convert তিল to তাল. Feel bad that prothom-alo is still sticking with this guy.Whenever I open a topic and see that it's reported by Tareq Mahmood, I sort of loose the interest of reading it.
Old September 18, 2006, 03:50 AM
Cricket Legend

Mr Mahmood is a rubbish reporter. Unfortunately, on this issue I am with him. That does not mean I am againest the attitude of players. It was management responsibilty to let the cricketers know about the cost. Though cricketers should also ask them how much it should cost. Come on people, when I am visiting some place, I take as much as information before visiting there. Direction to go and cost are the most important of these. I think most of you also do this.
Old September 18, 2006, 08:04 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

May be Mr. Mahmood needs to learn about the "journalism" culture while writing for a respected daily. Prothom Alo also needs to have a good look at their reporter before they start to loose their credibility. If it was a reporter from a trashy gos mags, it would have bn all right. but not from Prothom-alo.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old September 18, 2006, 08:45 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

Can anyone guess who that cricketer is in the article? My guess is Javed Omar!!!

Anyways, whether a cricketer wants to spend 40 bucks or not is his personal decision and Tareq has no right to criticize that. Most of our cricketers have to take care of the family back home and 40 dollars can mean a lot to them.
Old September 18, 2006, 08:54 AM
First BC Member

40 US dollar = 100 * 40 = 4,000 Taka only (I think its more than 100 Taka a dollar now a days, isn't it?). I guess there are two ways to look at it. Our players earn perhaps over 40,000 Taka a year, depending on what grade of player he is, and the other way to look at it is - the thing that someone mentioned - we always look into our cost and our availability of money when we go visit a new country.
Old September 18, 2006, 09:26 AM
ODI Cricketer

Does "Visiting ZIM national Park" has anything to do with the cricket culture? How would it have improved our cricket culture had our cricketers paid the visit to the park?

উৎপল শুভ্র কোথায়? তারেক মাহমুদ প্রথম আলোর নাম ডুবাবে, বলে রাখলাম।
Old September 18, 2006, 09:31 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

What a bull crap report!!! I totally disagree with T Mahmood. Wake up and stop stiring things up amoug the team members and management. Stop this negetivity at this crucial time. Instead of the zoo trip if it was a hospital trip of some sort where players were requested to give charity of $40 dollars I would have understand his outburst. But this is a personal choice for the players.

Thank you BCB for appointing an army official as a team manager. Hopefully the manager would keep the team out of harms way from such dirt digging reporters.
Old September 18, 2006, 09:34 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by fwullah
40 US dollar = 100 * 40 = 4,000 Taka only (I think its more than 100 Taka a dollar now a days, isn't it?). I guess there are two ways to look at it. Our players earn perhaps over 40,000 Taka a year, depending on what grade of player he is, and the other way to look at it is - the thing that someone mentioned - we always look into our cost and our availability of money when we go visit a new country.
As of yesterday's dollar rate:
1 USD = 67 Taka
therefore, USD 40= Taka 2680, mere a pocket change for our national team players, who earns around 15 thousand taka per test and 10,000 per odi ( if im not mistaken).

Plus they earn between 40,000- 60,000 taka per month (depending on the grade) while they are under BCB contract.

Taking account for daily allowances on tour, lets say the whole Safari tour was of around 16 days, they earned around another USD 50 X 16 = USD 1000 = Taka 67,000

Lets say our Tigers play 20 ODI per year and 8 test matches per year

20 X 10,000 = Taka 200,000
8 X 15,000 = Taka 120,000
12 X 50,000 = Taka 600,000 ( median of TK 50,000 for every player on BCB contract)
30 X USD 50 = Taka 100,500 ( i.e., spending 30 days a year on tour overseas)
------------------------------------------------------
Grand Total = Taka 1,020,500 approx

Plus personal commercial contracts.

Whats the big deal of spending 40 bucks on zoo then?

May be our Tareq Mahmood was jealous as he was in tight budget. may be none of the Tigers wanted to chip in for his admission and rightly so.

A good R&R is also part of the preparation.
I see no harm why our players cant spend the day off enjoying the sight-seeing in a foreign land!! And if they are spending money out of thier own pocket, with supervised visit by the officials,

Who's father's what?
Kar baper ki?
Old September 18, 2006, 09:53 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Brian Charles Lara

reporters of prothom alo. we have tareq mahmood. and now jagannath bisswas who has been copying articles from cricinfo

Disappearing acts
Steve Pittard
September 5, 2006

Cricinfo link>>

Prothom-alo link>>
Old September 18, 2006, 10:01 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mushi

I don't understand why they don't mention their sources. Whts wrong with them? Jibone college e jay nai? Naki jokon gese tokon nokol kora allowed chilo.
Old September 18, 2006, 10:13 AM
ODI Cricketer

Jagannath Bishwas could be sued for "Plagiarism". I can't believe - such things are happenings in Matiur Rahman's newspaper!
Old September 18, 2006, 10:49 AM
BanglaCricket Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadi
I don't understand why they don't mention their sources. Whts wrong with them? Jibone college e jay nai? Naki jokon gese tokon nokol kora allowed chilo.
Plagarism is not such a big deal in our university/college as they are in western countries. Students dont face to loose all the marks if they fail to reference thier work properly.

and nokol? nokol kora to bangalee'r jonmogoto odhikar!
Old September 18, 2006, 11:53 AM
Cricket Sage

Very funny indeed. So if people already knows what a garbage writer T Mahmood is, why do they still read his article with so much interest and give so much importance what he writes?

The problem is, even garbage writer like T Mahmood sometimes hits the right button; thats makes him harder to sollow.
Old September 18, 2006, 01:48 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazal
Very funny indeed. So if people already knows what a garbage writer T Mahmood is, why do they still read his article with so much interest and give so much importance what he writes?
Because he writes for a respectable daily newspaper, not for a tabloid or no-name weekly magazine. In that case, very few people would've read his article, and if one of the readers cared to open a thread to discuss the article, then everyoen would refer the article as "X newspaper's article" instead of Tarek Mahoomd's article.
Old September 18, 2006, 02:29 PM
Cricket Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire_x86
Because he writes for a respectable daily newspaper, not for a tabloid or no-name weekly magazine. In that case, very few people would've read his article, and if one of the readers cared to open a thread to discuss the article, then everyoen would refer the article as "X newspaper's article" instead of Tarek Mahoomd's article.
I thought some people are already branding your respectable daily newspaper as a faltu newpaper in different threads for a while. No?

People are too much stuck up with his $40 Zoo fee comment, but failed to see, he has some valid point in this article about lack of enforcing dressing code for players. I think that is a very good point to raise when there is no game going on to report. Now that $40 Zoo entrance fee fiasco, I agree, its not a good example to give for lack of cricket culture.

If the team managmement arranged this zoo tour, the team should notify the players in advanced that they need to pay and the cost of the entrance ticket. I think the team management should pay the ticket anyway as this should be part of the team building activities during away-tours.

Last edited by Fazal; September 18, 2006 at 05:47 PM..