facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old March 16, 2006, 07:39 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mustafizur Rahman

aosaif, al furqaan and razab bhai bring out two very important points.

1. we just played against srilanka, where we had to face murali on very similar tracks. i think our batsmen could not be better prepared to play spin. dont mean to put down obuya, but he's just not in murali's class (severe understatement).

2. leg spinners do depend on extra bounce from the pitch in order to be successful. this pitch should negate much of obuya's effectiveness. most of our batsmen love playing on the backfoot against spinners (remember JO and SN against murali?). a slow pitch will give them more time to judge the ball and play it off the backfoot. and this time they should be effective with that strategy, since no one in the kenyan line up can turn it like murali.

i, for one, found logical connections between the 12 selected for game 1 and the pitch. bd has everything to lose in this series, so they must be very cautious. often times, the team favored to win an odi series will drop the first one because it was caught off guard. i think bangladesh wants to make sure they win this game, and they have decided to play it safe. i'm sure masri/shahadat/rasel can mop the floor with the kenyan batting lineup on a fast bouncy pitch, but we shouldn't forget that the kenyan pitches are mostly fast and bouncy as well. playing with 2 spinners on a slow pitch is the safest way to approach this particular game. i'm sure the equations will be changed before game 2.

Edited on, March 17, 2006, 12:42 AM GMT, by shovon13.