facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 25, 2012, 11:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Abul

Zia obviously

Old November 25, 2012, 11:58 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crisis
Sadly, there is no replacement for Shakib. There is not a single person in the team who is an all-rounder of his calibre
It is normal. But we have to find best possible.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:29 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Umpires!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaaL-PurusH
I dont see any better option than Akram Khan himself. He is an all rounder too
Yes that would be my pick. Akram Khan can open with his nephew. He can also open bowling. Since he will be the captain by default, he can lead from the front. Since he is the chief selector he can select the team on the fly and determine batting and bowling order and rotation. Since he is a genius he can come up with gameplans, strategy etc. His presence will inspire the team and everyone will be scared to death to perform otherwise they will lose their spot in the team. He can also coach the team as we need a head coach to begin with. Overall since Akram Khan is an alrounder like Imran Khan he is the ideal candidate to replace Shakib Al Hasan.
Old November 25, 2012, 03:21 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by oronnya
Bring back Ash. He definitely will do a much better job than this faltu Shakib.

Unfortunately he is also injured ... Bangladesh cricket e ek opuronio shunnota srishti hoyeche taar okal injuryr karoney......
Old November 25, 2012, 09:13 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

I see a lot of people want Zia in the side. I know what your thought process is. We need a big hitter down the order. I wasn't too impressed though with Zia after I watched him against NZ. I know it's 1 match but the guy's technique got really exposed against quality bowling in that match and it made me wonder, does this guy have what it takes to be successful in international cricket? He seems to be limited in his reportoire as well which would expose him even more for ODI's which requires a wide array of shots. I know Pollard is successful despite not having a wide array of shots but he's a freak of a talent. I don't think Zia is on Pollard's level in terms of talent.

I think we should give a look at Jahurul down the order. He has a much better technique and has a much wider array of shots compared to Zia. Shuvagata is also another player we need to look back at. Again a much more complete batsman compared to Zia and is a clean hitter of the ball. Plus he bats down the order in domestics so he would be accustomed to that role compared to Jahurul. Shabbir is also another we need to take a big look at. I know this was a while ago but the composure he showed against Afghanistan in a pressure situation was impressive. He also has a good technique and is clean timer of the ball. And what's great about him is the fact that he's a leg spinner which should draw attention. It would give us variety in our bowling. Finally, Alauddin looks to be a much better bowler compared to Zia and also has 2 centuries to his name compared to Zia's 0. So he looks to be a guy that has the temperament required for the game plus he was rated highly by Academy coaches as a big time talent with the bat.

So I feel there are many other options we could look at besides going back to Zia. 1 of these guys should've been taken instead of Naeem.
Old November 25, 2012, 09:36 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

It should be an allrounder instead of an allrounder.
Old November 25, 2012, 09:52 PM
Cricket Guru
Commissioner, MLC

It should be a pure batsman. We dont need another ALR or a bowler. We already have enough ALR, and SLAs. Shakib's bat will be missed. I'd just bring in Anamul
Old November 25, 2012, 11:20 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Mosharraf Hossain Rubel or Faisal Hossain "Decans". Maybe Abul Bashar if he's still playing or alive.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 26, 2012, 12:17 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
I wasn't too impressed though with Zia after I watched him against NZ.
Zia has one essential quality, he has the courage to fight back/counter attack like Nasir, Shakib, Mushy and Tamim...

i prefer that quality over shomman jonok porajoy type technical players in shorter formats
Old November 26, 2012, 03:02 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Tamim, (was) Aftab

Alauddin Babu and Zia should be nurtured for next near future. Fast bowling all-rounders are a rear bread in Bangladesh. Alauddin could be more of a responsible bread of the lot if taken care. And talking about a replacement for Shakib, doesn't really matter as you can't match an apple for an orange.
Old November 26, 2012, 03:10 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Nazimuddin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bashie
Alauddin Babu and Zia should be nurtured for next near future. Fast bowling all-rounders are a rear bread in Bangladesh. Alauddin could be more of a responsible bread of the lot if taken care. And talking about a replacement for Shakib, doesn't really matter as you can't match an apple for an orange.
Babu can actually bat while Zia is pretty much a blind slogger from what I've seen.

BTW, the word is breed, not bread; and rare, not rear.
"And do not curse those who call on other than GOD, lest they blaspheme and curse GOD, out of ignorance. We have adorned the works of every group in their eyes. Ultimately, they return to their Lord, then He informs them of everything they had done." (Qur'an 6:108)
Old November 26, 2012, 03:27 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Mike Procter

for me babu is clearly the #1 pace allrounder outside of the national team atm.
Old November 26, 2012, 03:44 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

i like the idea of Jahurul being down the order. But i want Anamul and/or Mominul to debut. We cant keep rotating with Junaid, Nafees, Nazim and Ashraful. They simply do not cut it anymore. We need to look to the future asap. Anamul and Mominul are our future and we need to nurture them as long term prospects for the national team.

1. Tamim Iqbal
2. Imrul Kayes
3. Anamul Haque
4. Nasir Hossain
5. Mominul Haque
6. Mahmudullah
7. Mushfiqur Rahim
8. Mashrafe Mortaza
9. Sohag Gazi
10. Abdur Razzak
11. Rubel Hossain

I think this lineup can really surprise a lot of people considering what Mominul/Anamul can bring to the table.
Old November 26, 2012, 04:20 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

A lot of people are very much excited about Mominul. They want him to play in the national side right now. I don't think he is ready yet. He has the habit to score big some times. But most of the times he scores very low.

Batting and fielding averages

Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
First-class 19 31 2 895 150 30.86

3 4

17 0
List A 9 8 0 115 35 14.37 223 51.56 0 0 4 2 3 0
Twenty20 15 10 2 206 53* 25.75 176 117.04 0 1 13 8 8 0

Look at his averages. His FC record is somewhat OK. But what about his List A stats? Yet to score a single 50 in list A!

He has 3 hundreds and 4 fifties in his 31 FC innings. But yet he averages 30.86 which means rest of his innings are pretty much low scoring ones.

He is a good talent. But definitely he is not ready yet. Give him more time guys. We can't afford to lose another talented batsman this way. Hope we all didn't forget what happened to Shuvagoto Hom.

Last edited by WarWolf; November 26, 2012 at 04:50 AM..
Old November 26, 2012, 04:39 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Imrul "The Don" Kayes

i think this is the perfect time to panic.

Bangladesh without Shakib is almost like a tree without leaves, a burger without a bun or almost like a car without wheels.
Old November 26, 2012, 06:04 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Kapali perhaps.
Old November 26, 2012, 06:34 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Shakib, Nasir

Shakib is irreplaceable
Old November 26, 2012, 08:00 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gowza
for me babu is clearly the #1 pace allrounder outside of the national team atm.
i agree. i dont know why he is not in consideration for national team. i see alamin is contender but not alauddin babu
Old November 26, 2012, 08:03 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

alauddin babu or alok kapali for lower order allrounder position
Old November 26, 2012, 08:47 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib, AB De, Amla

Quote:
Originally Posted by simon

rokter bodole rokto, Sakib er bodole Shakib
Hilarious
"And be true to every promise- for, verily you will be called to account for every promise which you have made." - [Al Qur'an - 17:34]
Old November 26, 2012, 11:01 AM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadukor
Zia has one essential quality, he has the courage to fight back/counter attack like Nasir, Shakib, Mushy and Tamim...

i prefer that quality over shomman jonok porajoy type technical players in shorter formats
Intent can only take you so far. If you don't have the technique and the shots required to play international cricket, than intent won't mean much. That's my problem with Zia. I just don't see him having the required technique and shots to be successful in international cricket.

I agree with you that intent is important but why not try guys that have the intent and also the shots required for a long innings? It's better to invest in guys with both rather than just 1 or the other.
Old November 26, 2012, 12:59 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
A lot of people are very much excited about Mominul. They want him to play in the national side right now. I don't think he is ready yet. He has the habit to score big some times. But most of the times he scores very low.

Batting and fielding averages

Mat Inns NO Runs HS Ave BF SR 100 50 4s 6s Ct St
First-class 19 31 2 895 150 30.86

3 4

17 0
List A 9 8 0 115 35 14.37 223 51.56 0 0 4 2 3 0
Twenty20 15 10 2 206 53* 25.75 176 117.04 0 1 13 8 8 0

Look at his averages. His FC record is somewhat OK. But what about his List A stats? Yet to score a single 50 in list A!

He has 3 hundreds and 4 fifties in his 31 FC innings. But yet he averages 30.86 which means rest of his innings are pretty much low scoring ones.

He is a good talent. But definitely he is not ready yet. Give him more time guys. We can't afford to lose another talented batsman this way. Hope we all didn't forget what happened to Shuvagoto Hom.
DPL stats are not included in the LIst A stats where Mominul averages more like a 30 I believe.
Old November 26, 2012, 01:14 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Love them all....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger444
DPL stats are not included in the LIst A stats where Mominul averages more like a 30 I believe.
May be.

Yet he is not consistent enough. Look at his FC stats. He needs more time. I am fed up with drifting young boys to the national team in premature way. How many have we wasted this way so far? Can't we wait little bit more?
Old November 26, 2012, 01:49 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Viv - he made all scared

Quote:
Originally Posted by reyme
Yes that would be my pick. Akram Khan can open with his nephew. He can also open bowling. Since he will be the captain by default, he can lead from the front. Since he is the chief selector he can select the team on the fly and determine batting and bowling order and rotation. Since he is a genius he can come up with gameplans, strategy etc. His presence will inspire the team and everyone will be scared to death to perform otherwise they will lose their spot in the team. He can also coach the team as we need a head coach to begin with. Overall since Akram Khan is an alrounder like Imran Khan he is the ideal candidate to replace Shakib Al Hasan.
Thanks for backing me up
Old November 26, 2012, 01:52 PM
Cricket Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarWolf
May be.

Yet he is not consistent enough. Look at his FC stats. He needs more time. I am fed up with drifting young boys to the national team in premature way. How many have we wasted this way so far? Can't we wait little bit more?
Unfortunately with the holes we have in our team, we can't. We're not a G8 team. Even though our quality has improved over the years its still not good enough to be amongst the big boys. Also is there any pt of hanging to deadwoods like Nazim, SN, and Junaid just because their experienced? If they were improving and solid players then different story but the problem is they aren't. That's why we have to keep trying and finding class players. Also it depends on the players as well. Has Nasir being young affected him playing Tests? No because he's matured quickly. So we can't just rule out players just because they're young.

Posted via BC Mobile Edition (Blackberry)