facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old February 28, 2005, 11:53 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Bossman, Imran Khan, Viv
Default Is Tushar Imran ready to be recalled to the BD team?

He scored 235 runs in the 3 games with 3 half centuries. Also came in handy with his bowling and picked up 6 wickets in the series.

He has always been called a one-day player. As luck would have it we have a place open in our ODI team. The 6th spot. It looks like he has added a new weapon, bowling, to his arsenal. If he keeps up what he is doing in the ODI, I think he is going to walk in to our national ODI team.

I haven't seen him play for a while. Has he rectified his cross-bat shenanigans?

He has been in and out since he was 16 and we have been hearing about him for so long that its easy to forget that he is only 21.

Old February 28, 2005, 11:55 AM
ODI Cricketer

I think he can be a good replacement for Rajin Saleh in the BCB XI team. I think that further exposure will enhance his ability and maybe if he performs well in India then he should be picked for the squad for England.
Habibul Bashar's form seems to be down a little, he's even not performing consistently in domestic cricket.
Old February 28, 2005, 12:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Rafique & Pailot

I am tempted to say yes he is ready...................Not sure totally........may be we should test him a bit more.....so when he will eventually get the chance, then he will be mentally ready and hungry to grab that.

Let him work hard for a bit more........
Old February 28, 2005, 12:04 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by chyicarus
I think he can be a good replacement for Rajin Saleh in the BCB XI team. I think that further exposure will enhance his ability and maybe if he performs well in India then he should be picked for the squad for England.
Habibul Bashar's form seems to be down a little, he's even not performing consistently in domestic cricket.
Too late.

He has the One Day series to play in Zimbabwe. That series is more important for him because he first has to make the ODI team as there is no test spot open yet.

I wish coach McInnes would tell us a little bit about where Tushar is in his development.
Old February 28, 2005, 12:09 PM
ODI Cricketer

In that case Tushar should be considered in the one-day squad but not the Test team. I think its too early for him to enter the national squad. But he's definitely a very good prospect.
Bravo Tushar- very consistent performer in the tour!
Old February 28, 2005, 12:10 PM
Cricket Sage

Atleast he should be seriously considered ahead of Alok and as par with the rest for no# 6 slot candidates.
Old February 28, 2005, 01:05 PM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
He has been in and out since he was 16 and we have been hearing about him for so long that its easy to forget that he is only 21.
16 !!!!???

Before starting as a professional cricketer, he played premier league hockey for one season. He's probably around 25 now.

Anyway, I think Tushar deserves a chance in the ODI series in England tour.

Edited on, February 28, 2005, 6:06 PM GMT, by Spitfire_x86.
Old February 28, 2005, 01:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by pagol-chagol
He scored 235 runs in the 3 games with 3 half centuries. Also came in handy with his bowling and picked up 6 wickets in the series.

He has always been called a one-day player. As luck would have it we have a place open in our ODI team. The 6th spot. It looks like he has added a new weapon, bowling, to his arsenal. If he keeps up what he is doing in the ODI, I think he is going to walk in to our national ODI team.

I haven't seen him play for a while. Has he rectified his cross-bat shenanigans?

Is he 21!!!
I used to think of him a Old Chap.
Old February 28, 2005, 01:39 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by yaseer
I am tempted to say yes he is ready...................Not sure totally........may be we should test him a bit more.....so when he will eventually get the chance, then he will be mentally ready and hungry to grab that.

Let him work hard for a bit more........
Yes..I guess he needs some more time to prove.
ZIM-A might not be a good opponent to justify performance.
I kind of think out NL divisional teams (except Barisal) are better than ZIM-A. So, performance in NL is better indicator of performance than performance against ZIM-A. Ofcourse he should get credit for playing overseas in unknown conditions.
Old February 28, 2005, 01:44 PM
Cricket Legend

He may be a couple of years older than that, but he is definitely not an old chap. He is just senior to most of the guys in that team. Sanwar could be some of the guys' biological father! He is 32 this year (officially) and some of these kids are 15, so he is atleast 17 years older than them!

Anyway, back to Tushar, I think he should get a nod for the one-day team. When I saw him, I was quite impressed with his batting and if he is in form and applies himself properly, he can be a good middle order batsman for BD. He should really take this chance while he is in form and make a big impact on the one-day series. If that happens, the selectors will have to stick him in the one-day squad for the Natwest Trophy.
Old February 28, 2005, 02:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Saeed Anwar

Tushar Imran imho is good for A-team standard. In test level, he likes to throw his wicket away. Infact, any 19 year old batsman on A team is better than him.

Edited on, February 28, 2005, 7:35 PM GMT, by dawah.tabligh.
Old February 28, 2005, 02:59 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
He's in the A team, how can he be with the BCB XI? Two places at the same time?
Old February 28, 2005, 03:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Was Tushar even the highest run scorer during the 'tests' ? I was under the impression that Shahriar Nafees would be a good contender ?

Tushar Imran is a player with good ODI potential - but like someone else already pointed out, he seems to throw his wicket away.

But again, isn't he the only one who has a f/c double century on foreign soil ?
Old February 28, 2005, 04:32 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by paco
Was Tushar even the highest run scorer during the 'tests' ? I was under the impression that Shahriar Nafees would be a good contender ?

Tushar Imran is a player with good ODI potential - but like someone else already pointed out, he seems to throw his wicket away.

But again, isn't he the only one who has a f/c double century on foreign soil ?
Tushar Imran scored 235 (14,52,20,10,58,81)with 3 half centuries no single digit scores and got 6 wickets.

Shahriar Nafees scored 218 (27,5,35,59,6,86) with 2 half centuries and 2 single digit scores.

I think Shahriar Nafees is a better prospect in the long run. However he doesn't fit our 6th position need. Tusher fits in perfectly.

Quote:
Originally posted by dawah-tabligh

Infact, any 19 year old batsman on A team is better than him.
Obviously there is no statistics behind this claim. Lets get back to reality.
Old February 28, 2005, 05:03 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Giggs, Gower, and Wasim!

>> But again, isn't he the only one who has a f/c double century on foreign soil ?

According to Cricinfo the highest first class score of Tusher Imran is 109. I also thought he has a double hundred but did not find the link of the match. anyone?
Old February 28, 2005, 05:48 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Yes, Tushar's recent form should be a legitimate reason for the selectors to include him the Bangladesh National Squad, but I doubt Tushar will find a place in the Starting XI in any form of cricket, unless ofcourse there's a spot open due to injury.
Old February 28, 2005, 05:50 PM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC Design Team

Favorite Player: Shahriar Biddyut

Quote:
Originally posted by couger
Quote:
The selectors can call Tushar up to play for BCB XI any day, there's nothing wrong with that, is there ?
Old February 28, 2005, 06:24 PM
Test Cricketer

Quote:
[i]
The selectors can call Tushar up to play for BCB XI any day, there's nothing wrong with that, is there ? [/quote]

No, nothing's wrong with it but I wouldn't beak up the wonderful team chemistry the A team seems to have. What do you think?
Old February 28, 2005, 06:49 PM
Cricket Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterBlaster
Yes, Tushar's recent form should be a legitimate reason for the selectors to include him the Bangladesh National Squad, but I doubt Tushar will find a place in the Starting XI in any form of cricket, unless ofcourse there's a spot open due to injury.
There is a huge grand canyon sized hole in our ODI team's 6th position which no one is ready to fill up. No one.

Until Tusher came along finally.

Also, I don't think they will even contemplate the idea of breaking the A team by moving Tusher anywhere. They will be missing shahriar nafees in the ODI which will make the team considerably weaker anyway.
Old February 28, 2005, 08:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

Tushar Imran should be considered to fill up the black hole as a 6th batsman
Old February 28, 2005, 08:46 PM
Cricket Legend

Yes he should be included.
Old February 28, 2005, 08:51 PM

Lets see how he scores against ZIM in coming ODIs.
If he does good as he did in tests, definitely deserve a chance for a call to national team for ODI,
as 6th man.
Alok and Mahmud doesn't providing the result up to the mark as 6th man.
We need someone to replace them.

Edited on, March 1, 2005, 1:52 AM GMT, by PoorFan.
Old February 28, 2005, 10:17 PM
Test Cricketer

It is the best time to include Tushar now as he is in form player. If we wait for another time then he will loose his form again and will never come back. I think with his present performances he desrved to be there in place of Alok
Old March 1, 2005, 12:08 AM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer

Yes, if the choice is between Alok Kapali and Tushar Imran for the coming England tour of Bangladesh national team, then Tushar should get the nod ahead of Alok Kapali.

However, if the choice is between Shahriar Nafees/Tushar/Kapali, and that only one batsman is allowed to bring in, then Shahriaf Nafees gets the nod ahead of Tushar.

Having said that, the competition between Shahriar and Tushar is a much closer one (in getting into the national team) than between Alok & Tushar.
Old March 1, 2005, 02:17 AM
Cricket Legend
Fantasy Winner: BD v NZ 2008

Shahriar Nafees is an opener, not #6 batsman