facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 14, 2004, 11:55 PM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan
Default Now This SUCKS

Cricinfo >>

GREAT! When *INDIA* play a practise match in SL and win, CRICINFO gets all excited and writes an article, but when Bangladesh win *TWO* warm ups, no one cares except for us!

[Edited on 7-15-2004 by chinaman : Link Shortened.]

Old July 15, 2004, 12:09 AM
ODI Cricketer

Reasons could be:

(a) Indians attract attention, BD do not (as yet) as India have some superstars

(b) BD struggled to win their two matches, whereas India cruised to victory with 20 overs to spare.

Solution to the problem:

Beat the major teams in this tournament.Win 3 matches atleast

Make sure at least one BD player emerges as a star performer in this tournament.

If the above targets can be achieved then BD will not have this grouse again at least in Asia level tournaments.
Old July 15, 2004, 01:26 AM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿

Don't worry about it ... We play atleast five matches in this tournament and all matches (specially the last four) will be covered LIVE. In case you didn't know:

July 16 - Hong Kong
July 17 - Pakistan
July 21 - India/Sri lanka
July 23 - India/Sri lanka
July 29 - Pakistan

Aug 01 - Maybe not this time.
Old July 15, 2004, 03:29 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Ha! Ha! Ha!...Its expected brother...Indian players ra hachi dile sheitao news....!!!!...Kobe dekha jabe likha uttese "Today Ganguli sneezed 9 times..!...The sneezes were pretty normal..blah blah!.." Well its defintely not about performance....They alwayz got the utmost attention from the media even when they were bashed on a regular basis..Kobe dekha jabe ICC cricket ground er grass gulo o blue colour kore felte bolbe...They are slowly but surely taking over the world..Teams like Australia and South Africa neva get such attention even though they are far better teams...Most of the ppl don't even know that Inzamam scored 329 against New Zealand in 2002...It was scored and forgotten...Now compare that with the tripple ton of Sehwag..!!!..Phew !!...It really sucks man...I can go on and on about it...The football league which is amongst the worst in the world gets regular coverage in espnstar....Yup..It really sucks...BiG TimE...
Old July 15, 2004, 08:11 AM
ODI Cricketer

Default Cricinfo audio

Even annoying is the fact that cricinfo will provide audio commentary of Sri Lanka vs UAE match but not the Bangladesh vs Pakistan match - both the matches are on the same day. To them, I think the preference is in this order: India, Sri Lanka, Pakistan and if they have nothing else to do then Bangladesh.

Disgusting consequence of following cricinfo.
Old July 15, 2004, 09:15 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Nannu, Ash, Mash

Well, well, well, media gives extra attention to India. It’s not surprising. India is the biggest cricket playing country. They adore cricket and treat it as their second religion. India has a very big pool of middle class population pool that would like to spend any amount of money to get a bit more cricket. Communication media (such as crcinfo) and big companies (such as Samsung) are just manipulating this situation. This is just a natural response in this Americanized capitalist society. But I would like to take it positive way. I believe that it was cricket that would be benefited most out of it. Just think how much Samsung spent sponsoring India’s recent trip to Pakistan. PCB earned tons of money as large Indian population was interested about. PCB is now planning to spend that money for the development of their domestic cricket infrastructure. Without India it would not have been possible for PCB make such money.

Think about what would happen to BD when India will tour to Bangladesh in next December. Because of media’s and Multinational Company’s high attraction to Indian cricket, BCB will make a lot of money. So we should not always criticized cricinfo’s inclination towards India. Just take it easy and enjoy the game of cricket. I assure you at the end cricket will be victorious.
Old July 15, 2004, 10:51 AM
ODI Cricketer

Kana Bana has grasped the situation very well. India is the second biggest market in the world after China and it is a huge consumer market. Moreover Indian economy is growing quite rapidly. Indians are the biggest fans of cricket and they get what they want. Indian get to watch all test matches and ODIs live even if they are not participating. Test matches and ODIs where India is not participating also have Indian sponsors because of the Interest of Indian TV viewers in these matches.

Australians and New Zealanders e.g. Ponting, Brett Lee and Fleming model for Indian products speaking Hindi. Jeff Thomson tries to compliment Ruby Bhatia in Hindi. Shoaib Akthar participates in shows of Amitabh Bachchan defying the orders of his team management. When India decided to challenge the punishments that the match referee Mike Deness imposed on 5 Indian players for excessive appealing, the hosts SA complied with Indian wishes and played an extra test.

Pakistan has fought 4 wars against India but their cricket board have wisely supported the Indian Board. The Indian tour of Pakistan earlier this year gave a new leash of life to Pakistan cricket board with their coffers full to the brim. The fact that the Pakistan public were extremely gracious and hospitable towards Indians was a pleasant surprise and it helped a lot in bringing the two countries together.

Now it is Sri Lanka which is reaping the benefits of Indian participation in the Asia Cup. Asia cup did not take place earlier because there were no sponsors. There were no sponsors because India was not participating. This shows the difference that Indian participation makes in a tournament.

It is the fervent wish of all in this forum that BD make their mark in the Asia cup. If they do so, they will further their cause in cricket.

Most indians are not aware of this forum but many of them will discover this forum as BD hopefully puts up a good performance. BD cause will be helped if unnecessary India bashing is avoided in this forum. If BD seeks respect from India then it cannot get it by resorting to India bashing at every opportunity. It can only be counter productive.

The example of Sharjah readily comes to mind. Sharjah was a thriving off shore cricket centre where ODI tournaments were played regularly. India and Pakistan matches were the prime attraction. India stopped playing at Sharjah due to public demand because underworld dons of India such as Dawood Ibrahim were being given royal treatment by the Sharjah organisers in full view of TV cameras. After India decided to stop playing at Sharjah, Sharjah has lost its shine and no tournament has taken place there for quite such time.

The lesson is, do not rub India the wrong way especially if you want to progress in cricket. If Pakistanis can be gracious and friendly towards India in cricket field despite their enmity, why not BD.

This site is for BD cricket fans and this site is dedicated towards the welfare of BD cricket. For the sake of BD cricket, the participants should tone down their avoidable anti India rhetoric.

[Edited on 15-7-2004 by cricketfan]

Old July 15, 2004, 11:25 AM
ODI Cricketer

Cricketfan you missed my point, that is if you were referring to my post. My post was not a criticism of India but of cricinfo. I had a problem that they were not going to do audio of a match between 2 test teams (Pakistan and Bangladesh) but would do so for a match between Sri Lanka and UAE.

Yes, I completely understand the commercial aspect and India being a huge market. However, as a Bangladeshi fan I want to see more and more of Bangladesh cricket and if that involves criticizing cricinfo or whoever, I will do so.

[Edited on 15-7-2004 by Cricket46]
Old July 15, 2004, 11:27 AM
ODI Cricketer

When cricketfan's analysis is quite dispassionately conceived, and some of the members do seem to have too-eagerly responded to the call of their hurt-ego, I think there are places in cricketfan's over-capitalist analysis where some can always differ (I am not claiming that cricketfan has precluded that). It may not go well with everyone's conscience to maintain silence to obvious offenses, even if that sometimes goes against the progress of bangladesh cricket. And of course its the choice of every individual to response sensibly to their conscience or not.
Old July 15, 2004, 11:29 AM
ODI Cricketer

cricket46
My comment was not against your post. There are posts in this forum, not in this thread which could have been more toned down in their language.

nihi

I am calling for moderation where India bashing is not warranted. If there are cases where one genuinely feels wronged, one will point it out. But it should not take the form of attacking India unnecessarily. To give an example, when Ganguly made his comment about 2 tier system, there were participants who called names to Indians who were quite unconnected to Ganguly or even cricket.

Old July 15, 2004, 12:00 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

Cricketfan;

Is that a threat in your posting? I read a an underlying message, "We are big, so don't mess with us."

Cricketfan, I think you are taking things way too political. Most of the posting in this forum I noticed regarding any criticism agains India was not political but about the team India. I have not seen one team in the 10 nation pool claiming that they are the "second best" or they are the "7th best". Even the team that is second best in ICC ranking is embarassed to come out and say that they are 2nd and not the best. Everyone is trying to "up" their rank a bit in the ladder. I noticed an interview of Sachin Tendulkar in Cricinfo by Dileep Premachandan and a question he asks to Sachin if India can safely claim that they are the "2nd best". The answer that Sachin puts forward says that they have to prove against SA. In summary, apparently, the "best" (i.e. Tendulkar) is happy to be "2nd best". This is inferiority complex at a primium.

[Edited on 15-7-2004 by ghor_jamai]
Old July 15, 2004, 12:29 PM
ODI Cricketer

I was expanding on the observations of Kana baba. I do feel that much of the anti India rhetoric is un necessary. Anti India fixation without any valid reason is not a healthy state of affairs to my mind. My post does not mention any thing about Indian claims of being number two. Bringing such topics out of context and trying to score a point is unnecessary.

Old July 15, 2004, 12:50 PM
Retired BC Admin

Dude, don't go there. Keep it in cricket only, will ya?
Old July 15, 2004, 01:19 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib

cricketfan;

I would like to emulate chinaman. Please stick to cricket. Your posting was a pure threat. I am just stating the fact; with all the hype Indian team or the fans bring does not translate to reality for the team. When superstars like Tendulkar, who poise to be the best in the world and accept themselves as 2nd best, Indian cricket team really does not look that good. Indian fans just don't seem to accept that fact and keep coming up with the " 'n'th best state of being" comments. Frankly speaking, you should demand more from your cricketer for the money they get paid.

Out in the field (i.e. cricket) we will rub and want to rub you or any team whatever way we can and want to for the pure fact that it is a game and we want to take the advantage. You should not take it personally.

Once again, there is no bashing going on. We (BD fans) are supporting a team that is under-performing at the moment and we know that. Fortunately, the frustration for us will soon be over. On the other hand, Indian fans have been supporting a team for generations that has always under-performed despite having the "best" players in the world. I can understand the frustration. But when you brag about with that kind of record, you are bound get some rotten eggs thrown at it. So live with it and be sporting, please!
Old July 15, 2004, 01:56 PM
BanglaCricket Staff

Ghor jamai, cricketfan and everyone else! lets take it easy.

Obviously certain Indian (read Ganguli) comments have upset us Bangladeshi fans and some of us have reacted often mixing perceptions (very real and genuine ones I may add) of previous historical injustices on India's part in their responses. However, this is a cricket forum and there is no need to politically and personally attack other country, including India, and in that respect cricketfan is correct.

Let us concentrate on the state of our cricket and stay on topic.