facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old July 24, 2002, 12:04 PM
First Class Cricketer

Default BCB Site down

http://www.bangla.net/bcb/

I don't know if any of you noticed this but the BCB official site is down. I was going to send them an email regarding Nannu.

Also, the Bangladeshi site at Cricinfo, the so called "Official Site for Bangladesh Cricket" looks pathetic compared to the other sites. Shahryar Khan - if you are reading this message I want you to know that your English writing skills are terrible and you are a lazy horses arse. Install a Bangla writing software in your PC and provide us with more frequent news about BD cricket. Hire someone to translate or just ask someone on this board to do it for you.

And when is the last time you wrote an article based on an interview? Most of your entries seem to be dogmatic opinions or pompus speculations. I don't know if you maintain the site and act as a correspondent but if you find your job overwhelming, ask for anyone's help at this site. We can at least contribute articles and give you design ideas while just focus on the tech side. One more thing, give us an email where we can contact you directly. You seem to forget that you are accountable to all the Bangladeshi cricket fans. Hate to bring up this cliche but it is most appropriate for you: If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

[Edited on 24-7-2002 by Ockey]

Old July 24, 2002, 01:15 PM
Administrator
Operations & Administrations

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Right after test status, BCB stopped that page. Now cricinfo has the official BCB site.
Old July 24, 2002, 01:48 PM
Club Cricketer

Default well said

I think everyone on this board will agree with you regarding Mr. Y Khan
Old July 24, 2002, 06:01 PM
Administrator
BanglaCricket Founder

Favorite Player: তামীম, শাï¿
Default Mr. S Khan

I've been called errrrrrr names for speaking out against Mr. khan in the past. It's good to see someone else do it for a change.
Look at the reports on dailystar, hire their cricket reporter to write freelance or something. Get the help from good bangla writers to post bangla interviews and reports on the site. It's not that hard people.
If I was in BD and had the LIVE coverage available for me to provide, I could have run banglacricket much better then Cricinfo. It doesn't cost a fortune to hire some good writers, a statistician, get interviews (since cricinfo has full access to our players), post pictures, have a full time correspondant following the players around, getting training pictures, giving regular updates on injuries (we don't have any idea how far along Masri is from recovery, how hard is it to find out ?). All it takes is a little initiative and love for the sport.
Heck, what's stopping them from having a fantasy league over the current series ? If I can afford to buy the software I'd put up a fantasy league an dgive away prices. Finance is a problem for me, not for cricinfo. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Old July 24, 2002, 11:43 PM
First BC Member

Favorite Player: A successful cricketer
Default You can try the following

You can try the following email addresses, I have these addresses, but I am not sure if Mr. Sohel Awrangazeb is still working for Cricinfo.

sohelm@cricinfo.com

awranzeb@agni.com