facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old June 9, 2017, 01:31 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing
Default Speechless!

Can't speak... no words... I will come back and write something but right now, I am bloody speechless!

Old June 9, 2017, 01:35 PM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Amaaaaaaazinnnnnnnnnnnng
Old June 9, 2017, 01:36 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Bin Mortaza

I was in tears. What a run chase. My duas, our duas has been accepted this blessed month of Ramadhan.

I plead to you guys to read least 2rakt nafl salat thanking Allah Almighty!
Old June 9, 2017, 01:36 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

La Zawaab!
Nach Shundori, NacH!!
Old June 9, 2017, 01:47 PM
Cricket Guru

Im giggling like a little girl!
Old June 9, 2017, 02:27 PM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: BD Players, Starc, Waqar

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanvir_nus
Can't speak... no words... I will come back and write something but right now, I am bloody speechless!
Expecting a front page material from you, if possible.
Old June 9, 2017, 03:06 PM
Cricket Legend

Woohoo! what a day, what a performance
Old June 9, 2017, 03:08 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sangakkara, Mike Hussey

I screamed and screamed. Amazing run chase. Amazing partnership

Posted via BC Mobile Edition
Old June 9, 2017, 03:21 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Mahmudullah Riyad

Wont be getting any sleep tonight. Thanks my favourite player Mullah, you are legend.

Thanks Shakib. The best for a reason.
Old June 9, 2017, 04:37 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Ami ajkey Boba! Mone hocchey somebody gave me the Roofie
Old June 9, 2017, 06:34 PM
ODI Cricketer

Lucky to be in ground! No doubt it was the best win ever for us.
Old June 9, 2017, 08:02 PM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Viv Richards, Steve Waugh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rinan
Lucky to be in ground! No doubt it was the best win ever for us.
Please write something. Write the emotional roller coaster you were riding. See the feelings of others beside you, capture it in words. We want to relive the moment through you.

Last edited by Tigers_eye; June 9, 2017 at 11:09 PM..
Old June 9, 2017, 08:46 PM
Cricket Savant

For those who haven't watched the match or rather just woke up to check the score or came back from break to see the result will never in a million years know what it really feels like to win this match.

It is the same difference as experiencing the 'real thing' and 'fantasizing about it' if you catch my drift. The fans who woke up late at graveyard, skipped their work, broke up with that nagging chick, stalled heart surgery operation and stuck to their guns unlike fair weather ones truly deserve this.

The beads of sweat, heart beating at knots, the jittery feeling of anxiety, the nerve, the tension - all rising in a crescendo for the ultimate reward.

In fact, the fans who would keep on watching to ball n, time after time, again and again, are like the real girlfriend, or wives, or even a true friend who would stay with you no matter what through thick and thin in times of desperate needs.

And this is inclusive of all types from 'positive' to 'negative' ones because at the end we are all united for the best interest of our team. Fans like us, who never really gave up with utmost resolute belief, are the ones who make this forum, this match and following Bangladesh team special.

And of course, God willing, the team didn't disappoint.

abege money hoy ektu beshii bole fellam

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old June 9, 2017, 08:47 PM
Cricket Savant

What TE and others said. Please guys, you should be flooding the forum with articles by now.

Old June 9, 2017, 08:48 PM
Cricket Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by patriot
Wont be getting any sleep tonight. Thanks my favourite player Mullah, you are legend.

Thanks Shakib. The best for a reason.
It's impossible to sleep right now. I tried, even after all the miniature bursts of catnaps... Guess this is what being on meth feels like.

Old June 9, 2017, 08:55 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Mashrafe Mortaza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mas_UK25
I was in tears. What a run chase. My duas, our duas has been accepted this blessed month of Ramadhan.

I plead to you guys to read least 2rakt nafl salat thanking Allah Almighty!
I did already, Noone but Allah gave us the win, have been in Australia's match and thought same would be happened as Tamim /Shummo/Mushfiq gone. but Allah made Shakib cool and gave Riyadh perfectness and made it happen. Thanks to Allah make us hopeful again
Old June 10, 2017, 12:48 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Taskin Ahmed - TazKing

The trance still hasn’t settled, as the match finished I scampered to create this thread and I knew I would not be coherent if I did write what I felt at that time. I had been awake for more than 24 hours not just due to the excitement of the match but I had appointments in the early hours of the match day and was looking for an excuse to doze off. Bangladesh at 15-3 with the out of Soumya Sarkar gave me the perfect opportunity to do just that. I was an active poster in the match thread at this point of time, I even remember telling Akelemp bro that “this isn’t over” and “NZ is going to come hard at us and the top order can fall like a deck of cards”, the reason or excuse I gave was that I didn’t think Bangladesh had the mettle to counter New Zealand’s aggression but more importantly I didn’t think Bangladesh could withstand the huge pressure of a must win run chase I would find out through the course of night, this prediction of mine was about to come true and devastate me and millions others, but this was not over still.

At this point of time I had settled back to my room and to my cozy bed, the time was getting late and I was forcing my brain to switch off and go to sleep. But the mind did not listen, I would open one of my eyes and check that we are 16-3 then 20-3, then Mushfiqur got out too. I said to myself then surely, this is over and there is absolutely no chance. I started wondering why I am still up, cursing myself I was still following cricinfo, I was trying to convince myself that there is no coming back from this. I don’t know what kept me up. Just a few days ago I made a prediction with my friend, I told him my 6th sense is telling (following Bangladesh cricket for as long as I have and quite religiously you would too if you were in my place) that we would beat the Kiwis and Pakistanis would defeat Saffers (he is a Pakistani). The first one came true, but maybe this prediction was in the back of my mind as well. At this point of time though, I was chuckling to myself thinking guess who is coming in after Mushfique, the out of form Shakib and there is no way with the form he is in with the bat he can even contribute to narrow the gap. I had given up on the win to be honest, I was looking for a late fight but knew Mosaddek was the only recognized batsman left and the tail as good as nothing.

Then we reached 50-4 around 16 overs. They kept hitting boundaries, Mahmudullah hit a six and I was thinking I missed that shot live, wish I could see it. In one of the coldest winter nights here, my hands were sweating, my body temperature rising and my throat started drying up. Even following the match on Cricinfo was nerve wrecking. I said to myself, ok if we reach 100 runs without another wicket fall, I will get up and go to the TV room and watch the match. Crazy, but I have developed a discipline when it comes to managing heartaches and losses over the years have given me enough coping mechanisms. I remember I could not last till 100, I started watching live again before that, my sleep had completely vanished at this point of time and I was in the game once again. There was no looking back after that.

I remember thinking yesterday, this is exceptional batting. The way these two (Shakib and Mahmudullah) were moving and scoring runs and the positivity coupled with the world of concentration and determination, there was no way they could lose this match without a truck running them over on the pitch. The sheer determination on both their faces and the fact that they knew they were doing a job and the job was not even done on half-centuries or even centuries was truly one of the best moments for me as a Bangladeshi fan.

Every moment of this partnership screamed to the world we have the skills and the tenacity to play cricket at the top level. We are going to hear a lot about this partnership from different sources but one thing should resonate from every quarters, this was the partnership and the match that is going to take Bangladesh’s development in world cricket years ahead. Shakib and Mahmudullah did not just win a single match in an ICC tournament. They left a blueprint for success in the future. Anytime we are about to be done and dusted, they will teach us it is not over till it is over, do not ever give up. We need to do everything to remember this match, this is the match that will lift many more in the years to come and I can say that with 100% confidence. We had lost the close match against India in the T20 World Cup, this is a redemption from our choke. This is one of the best chases and one of the best comebacks I have ever seen, it was almost like a scripted movie, this stuff doesn’t happen in normal lives. That’s why I said I am speechless, I could not think more than the fact that this looks like a movie and guess what that’s exactly the expression I saw in Kane Williamson and every Kiwi face yesterday as well. They could not believe their own eyes.

With the redemption completed, it doesn’t really matter to me what happens today and whether we go through or not to the Semi finals. I will still pray and I can say confidently that 160 million people from Bangladesh and all over the world will be praying for an English victory and cheering every run and wicket in the England vs Australia match like Bangladesh is playing but we have done the hardest work this Champions Trophy. We have left a blueprint for our success to our next generation and Cardiff will propel us to heights we have never thought of before.

Old June 12, 2017, 04:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Now FP.

Speechless
Tanvir Hossain Tarafder

"I had been awake for more than 24 hours not just due to the excitement of the match but I had appointments in the early hours of the match day and was looking for an excuse to doze off. Bangladesh at 15-3 with the out of Soumya Sarkar gave me the perfect opportunity to do just that," Tanvir Hossain writes as Bangladesh was inching towards another epic collapse with 4 down for 33 in Champions Trophy 2017 against New Zealand. Of course, his heart would not listen and even as a die hard Tigers fan he could not believe his own senses as what was about to unfold.

Read article »

Old June 12, 2017, 05:00 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Tamim and Shakib

I just hope the other players dont have their heads in the clouds. They should not think this is all they could have achieved.
Old June 12, 2017, 05:13 AM
2019 WC Fantasy Winner

Favorite Player: Shakib, Brian Lara

Sums up how i felt at the time as well. The passion is always evident in your writing. I thought i was a hardcore fan until i joined BC and met some of you guys
Old June 12, 2017, 06:33 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Rahkeem Cornwall

Lovely read Tanvir_nus bro
Old June 12, 2017, 07:36 AM

Nice read, thanks.
Old June 12, 2017, 08:29 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib, Le Fizz

Excellent write up Tanvir. It mirrors the whirlwind of emotions, the ups and downs me and many other BD fans might have gone through. I was up the whole night and well into the day with bloodshot eyes alternating between despair, anxiety and finally delight.

Something told me today is the day, its going to be a day to remember and cherish. Early on I was livid with the way Soumya's decision went, but could only crush the beer can in my hands in frustration. Post Mushi's wicket when Moyna came in; something forced me to still stay awake and skip the workday come what may. So I did, and boy was I rewarded.....!

There after it's been on a roller coaster party ride across the past weekend. A few of my colleagues wagered that NZ would beat BD hands down. I offered to treat them at a place of my choice if that didn't happen. And boy did I have the last laugh. I literally did a lungi tuliya victory shindig after we romped home. The trance still pervades in the smile that envelops my otherwise serious countenance.

Regardless of what some say, I give credit to the whole team for this performance with a special mention to Fizz(who set a cat among the pigeons or Kiwis) and Shakib(who was our Maajhi in rough waters). This proves that we can do well when we put our hearts into with a cool head.. Thanks for this amazing performance boys I am truly grateful .

Last edited by Sylheti_Beta; June 12, 2017 at 09:03 AM..
Old June 12, 2017, 08:58 AM
Cricket Savant

Someone wrote in Facebook that Bangladesh cricket is going to be a brand. I like that. Almost like we are no longer being a strong team, but a strong team that others can emulate from..