facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old November 25, 2012, 06:54 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Signed.

Old November 25, 2012, 08:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
NOT Signed.

The term black listed sounds they have committed some crime, which they haven't. They are cricketers who try their best when playing for their country. They might lack in their abilities but does not warrant them to be singled out to be termed as black listed players and "never" to represent ever again. At some point, they have made their country proud and most being 'relatively' young, still have enough time to represent their national team once again, given they are in good form.

Lets look at the players you mentioned:

Junaid Siddiqui
- Only 25 years of age. Have a test century to his name and one of the players who has been around for a while. Was involved in the highest partnership for Bangladesh so far (Tamim and Junaed, 200 run partnership, 2nd wicket against India)
Plenty of time for him to make a come back.
This test series, he should never been a part of it, he was not in good form. Got picked only because of the 182 something he scored in one innings in the flattest pitch in the world. Out of form of other openers was another factor for his selection.

Shahriar Nafees
- Completely out of form at the moment, but you never count him out. Again, not his fault if the selector pick him despite struggling in domestic and expect him to do well in international.
Has the ability. Got a scintillating test century against the all conquering mighty Aussies.

Mohammed Ashraful
- Well, less said is better. But you can never count him out.
Despite all his inabilities, he still have the highest individual test score (158), highest number of test centuries (5) and second highest total run in test for Bangladesh.
3/10 top test innings for Bangladesh still belongs to Ashraful (158, 136, 129).
3rd and 6th wicket partnership record still belongs to Ash (along his partner, Javed and Mushy respectively)
Have 6 hundred run partnership, which is second highest (Shakib and Mushy got 7 and Tamim got 5)
Can never count him out.

Nazimuddin
- Looked horribly wrong this series, but was the cream of the crop only 2 test earlier. Had a good knock against Pakistan in the first innings of the first test last year. Not one of those players I'd like to have in my team either, but still plenty of time for him to come back in the team.

Shahadat Hussain
Like him or not, he is the ONLY Bangladeshi bowler to have his name at Lord's Honour List, and you want to black list him from national team ??
4th highest wicket taker and the leading one from the active pacers (Mash is not counted since he is not likely to play tests anytime soon again). Have better average than Rubel or Shafiul.
He is always one good 'domestic' game away from making a comeback.
Unfortunate, but thats the reality for our team.

I'm not advocating for any of these players to make a come back right now, but to call out their name and say they should be black listed and never to play for national team, its sounds like a knee jerk reaction from a 13 year old teenage girl.

IMHO, this type of thread should be banned.
Very short sighted and does nothing but spread hatred.
Agree Rabz Vai,
Old November 25, 2012, 09:14 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Tam,Sak,Nasa,Mash

Rabz bhai took it too seriously
just because we signed doesn't mean they will be gone, they will keep coming back haunting us like the horror mubhi vilains.

ANyway "Black List " sounds harsh I know, but I definitely want some of them to not play Test not because I hate them but because I think they have nothing more left in them to offer us in Tests :

Shahriar Nafees
Mohammed Ashraful
Nazimuddin
Shahadat Hussain
Kaedge

and few more I don't remember
Old November 25, 2012, 09:18 AM
BanglaCricket Staff
BC - Bangladesh Representative

Favorite Player: Father of BD Cricket

Im not taking it too seriously, I just didnt like the thread and expressed my opinion. Thats all.
What we do or say doesnt really matter to BCB, they will go as per their plan, if they have any.
As far as BC is concerned, I just didnt like this sort of single out, cross mark shoot 'em kinda thread.

Its all too very short sighted, given the dynamics of our team and the fans.
Verily, in the remembrance of Allah do hearts find rest [Al-Qur'an,13:28]
Old November 25, 2012, 09:43 AM
Banned

Signed.
National team cricketers should no longer take their place for granted in the team. Being a cricketer is a serious moneymaker these days and plenty of youngsters are looking at making a career out of playing cricket professionally.

If you don't perform well in the team, you have to go. India nailed this idea very well. They have a replacement for every position.
Old November 25, 2012, 10:16 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Miler/warner/Ryder/maxweL

Just dont select off form players. Inform players performed well example--- nasir, tamim, shakib, riad, naeem, gazi, rubel

Off form player failed: nazim, sn, junaed, shahadat, mushfiq
Old November 25, 2012, 10:24 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: sakib , tamim , kallis

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark mage
Shadat Husain, nazimuddin, sharier nafees.

IMO junaid is still usable but he needs to work out his game abit.
I think Sharier nafees should get another chance cause he just loose his temperament , but he played some delightful shots , But Shadat , nazim and Junaid should be drop cause they don't know differences between international and normal cricket .
Old November 25, 2012, 11:17 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Ian Bell, aftab ahmed

Nafees has had plenty of opportunities & still gets out to the same shots. He's a test opener (or no 3) but bats like a tailender against anything short & fast. I'd rather give a promising youngster like anamul or mominul a shot rather than wasting time with someone who will never learn...
Old November 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: All Bangladeshi players

Our test batting looked totally out of touch. Top order looked totally clueless. All of junaid , S N and Nazimuddin are poor test batsman. I was totally disappointed with S N.
Old November 25, 2012, 11:33 AM
Banned

People who still want to see Nazeem in the fray, are just holding onto misleading hope. Yes, he will score a swashbucking 50 once in a while, but he will be going no where.

Shareer is slightly better. Play him against teams w/o good fast bowlers, and his backers will feel even better. Team w/o good fast bowlers...no one comes to mind.

Shahadat's current status is very sad. I wish he had not degenerated this much. Ban him from ODIs and he might improve.

Actually, if anything, we should be worried VERY VERY worried aboout Tamim becoming an Ashraful.
Old November 25, 2012, 11:37 AM
Banned

I just do not understand why people continue to be "shocked" or "dissapointed" with Nafees. He is just like a vampire, keeps on coming back. But never has any contribution of any worth. I hope we get a better substitute, and move him once and for all...

..well, maybe not against Ireland and NL.
Old November 25, 2012, 12:12 PM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Sakib, Mashrafi, Mushfiq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabz
NOT Signed.

The term black listed sounds they have committed some crime, which they haven't. They are cricketers who try their best when playing for their country. They might lack in their abilities but does not warrant them to be singled out to be termed as black listed players and "never" to represent ever again. At some point, they have made their country proud and most being 'relatively' young, still have enough time to represent their national team once again, given they are in good form.

Lets look at the players you mentioned:

Junaid Siddiqui
- Only 25 years of age. Have a test century to his name and one of the players who has been around for a while. Was involved in the highest partnership for Bangladesh so far (Tamim and Junaed, 200 run partnership, 2nd wicket against India)
Plenty of time for him to make a come back.
This test series, he should never been a part of it, he was not in good form. Got picked only because of the 182 something he scored in one innings in the flattest pitch in the world. Out of form of other openers was another factor for his selection.

Shahriar Nafees
- Completely out of form at the moment, but you never count him out. Again, not his fault if the selector pick him despite struggling in domestic and expect him to do well in international.
Has the ability. Got a scintillating test century against the all conquering mighty Aussies.

Mohammed Ashraful
- Well, less said is better. But you can never count him out.
Despite all his inabilities, he still have the highest individual test score (158), highest number of test centuries (5) and second highest total run in test for Bangladesh.
3/10 top test innings for Bangladesh still belongs to Ashraful (158, 136, 129).
3rd and 6th wicket partnership record still belongs to Ash (along his partner, Javed and Mushy respectively)
Have 6 hundred run partnership, which is second highest (Shakib and Mushy got 7 and Tamim got 5)
Can never count him out.

Nazimuddin
- Looked horribly wrong this series, but was the cream of the crop only 2 test earlier. Had a good knock against Pakistan in the first innings of the first test last year. Not one of those players I'd like to have in my team either, but still plenty of time for him to come back in the team.

Shahadat Hussain
Like him or not, he is the ONLY Bangladeshi bowler to have his name at Lord's Honour List, and you want to black list him from national team ??
4th highest wicket taker and the leading one from the active pacers (Mash is not counted since he is not likely to play tests anytime soon again). Have better average than Rubel or Shafiul.
He is always one good 'domestic' game away from making a comeback.
Unfortunate, but thats the reality for our team.

I'm not advocating for any of these players to make a come back right now, but to call out their name and say they should be black listed and never to play for national team, its sounds like a knee jerk reaction from a 13 year old teenage girl.

IMHO, this type of thread should be banned.
Very short sighted and does nothing but spread hatred.
Excellent appreciation of those cricketers.

Nice post
Old November 25, 2012, 04:34 PM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib,Tamim, Mashrafe

Nazimuddin for 200% signed
Old November 25, 2012, 04:36 PM
ODI Cricketer

Everyone in squad except Shakib, Nasir, Gazi and Abul (for batting, not bowling)
Old November 25, 2012, 05:13 PM
Cricket Legend

The BLACK list
----------------------------

Junaid Siddiqui
Shahriar Nafees
Mohammed Ashraful
Nazimuddin
Shahadat Hussain

Signed.
Old November 25, 2012, 05:16 PM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocrews
I think Sharier nafees should get another chance cause he just loose his temperament , but he played some delightful shots , But Shadat , nazim and Junaid should be drop cause they don't know differences between international and normal cricket .
Specially he is very good in Hooking and pulling....He can do those without even looking at the ball.. Some of those shots he played in this test series can be a great source of entertainment for the fans... I loved him...sometimes he plays shots that you can't even name that...amazing player.

Earlier he was a careful player, but used to be out repeatedly to in swingers for no understandable reasons. In this series he was a totally different player. He has played this series exactly like TI plays... I'm sure he will son turn into world class batsman like TI. Give hm some time to adjust in this style, he will be TI 2. Imagine, if one TI fires, we are on top, if two TIs fire, we will win the WC and go over the moon...

Give him some time to settle. He should play the ODIs, his style of play suits this format much more...
Old November 25, 2012, 06:41 PM
Cricket Guru

I still get shocked seeing Shariar Nafees bat the way he does now. I remember the good old days when he was some what, amazing . I'm one of those idiots waiting to see one of those amazing knocks from him again....

Nazimuddin: I've never really been a fan of him. This guy, to me has been unimpressive right from the word go.

Shahdat Hossain: As much as people may dislike him, IMO, he's probably the best thing we have.

As for Ashraful and Junayed, you can't really count them out....
Old November 25, 2012, 07:30 PM
Test Cricketer

Pointless thread.
We the BC /BD fans are too quick to develop love and than hate for the same player at a drop of a dime.
The selector are screwing it up big time and we are hating the players. it's not their fault that they are being picked.
Old November 25, 2012, 09:02 PM
Cricket Legend

may be we can start a list to black list some of the BC's here...
Old November 25, 2012, 09:27 PM

Favorite Player: Mashrafee Mortaza

After looking some of the shots they took, I am almost inclined to say that "All of them". But I will stay short of saying that for now ....
Old November 25, 2012, 10:05 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

If they continue to play the way they have in their careers so far then I don't want to see them again. Since they do have time on their side still, they could change up their games and make another comeback and become better batsmen. Question is will they do it? That's what we have to wait and see. I don't want to see them again though if they haven't changed their games because they'll continue to fail.
Old November 26, 2012, 12:43 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Dale Willem Steyn

Hope will be excuted as well . . . .
Old November 26, 2012, 12:51 AM
Test Cricketer

Favorite Player: Sakib , Tamim

SN should play "TAPE TENNIS" cricket from now on ! (Because he is scared and clueless to play the bouncers).
Old November 26, 2012, 01:47 AM
Club Cricketer

Default I am following last 3 overs of AU vs SA game right now

with current mindset None of the our Player should be playing Test that includes Shakib
Old November 26, 2012, 01:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

Brilliant post by Rabz bhai