facebook Twitter RSS Feed YouTube StumbleUpon

Home | Forum | Chat | Tours | Articles | Pictures | News | Tools | History | Tourism | Search

Go Back   BanglaCricket Forum > Cricket > Cricket

Cricket Join fellow Tigers fans to discuss all things Cricket

Old January 26, 2011, 12:49 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: MAM & MBM
Thumbs up Imrul Kayes and his Cricket Academy

অল্প স্বল্প
‘একাডেমি আমার নামে না’

ক্রীড়া প্রতিবেদক | তারিখ: ২৬-০১-২০১১

নিজের শহরে ক্রিকেট খেলার সুবিধা বলতে গেলে পানইনি ছোটবেলায়। মেহেরপুরের ছেলে হলেও ক্রিকেটার হয়ে বেড়ে ওঠা তাই রাজশাহীতে। ইমরুল কায়েসকে শৈশবের সে অপূর্ণতা এখনো কুরে খায়। জাতীয় দলের ওপেনার তাই মেহেরপুরে নিজেই খুলেছেন একটা ক্রিকেট একাডেমি।

 ছুটি কেমন কাটল?
ইমরুল কায়েস: ভালো, ছুটি শেষে এখন ঢাকায় ফিরছি।
 মেহেরপুরে গেলে নিশ্চয়ই তারকা অনুভূতিটা বেশি হয়...
ইমরুল: তা তো বটেই। এবার প্রায় দুই মাস পর গেলাম। পরিচিত-অপরিচিত যে-ই দেখে, কথা বলতে এগিয়ে আসে।
 ছুটির মধ্যেও কি প্র্যাকটিস করেছেন? মেহেরপুরে তো আপনার একটা ক্রিকেট একাডেমি আছে...
ইমরুল: হ্যাঁ, একাডেমি করেছি দেড় বছরের মতো হলো। মেহেরপুরে এটাই প্রথম একাডেমি। জেলা স্কুলের মাঠে প্র্যাকটিস হয়। বাড়িতে গেলে আমি ওখানকার ছেলেদের সঙ্গে প্র্যাকটিস করি। আমি জাতীয় দলে চলে আসার পর মানজার নামের একজন একাডেমির দায়িত্বে আছেন। উনি নিজে ক্রিকেট না খেললেও খুবই ক্রীড়ামনস্ক মানুষ। লেভেল-১ কোচিং কোর্স করেছেন। ইচ্ছা আছে, ক্রিকেট বোর্ডের মাধ্যমে ওনাকে আরেকটু প্রশিক্ষণ দেওয়ানোর ব্যবস্থা করব।
 প্র্যাকটিসের জন্য কি টাকা-পয়সা নেন খেলোয়াড়দের কাছ থেকে?
ইমরুল: না, একদম ফ্রি। একাডেমিতে ২৫-৩০ জন ছেলে আছে। কারোরই কোনো টাকা-পয়সা লাগে না। টাকা-পয়সা যা লাগে, আমি দিই। বল-ব্যাটও আমি দিই।
 একাডেমিও তো আপনার ডাকনামেই...সাগর একাডেমি...
ইমরুল: আরে না (হাসি)। ছেলেপেলে ডাকে আমার নামে, তবে একাডেমি আমার নামে না। আমি নিষেধ করেছি এই নামে ডাকতে। বলেছি, ক্রিকেট একাডেমি বললেই হবে। আমার নাম দেওয়ার দরকার নেই।
 একাডেমি করার চিন্তাটা এল কীভাবে?
ইমরুল: আমি যেভাবে ক্রিকেট খেলে উঠে এসেছি, এভাবে আসলে খুব কম খেলোয়াড়ই এই পর্যায়ে আসতে পারে। অথচ এখানে অনেক ভালো ভালো ছেলে আছে। সুযোগ না পেলে প্রতিভাগুলো নষ্ট হয়ে যাবে। আমি ছুটিতে বাড়িতে গেলে ছেলেরা আমার কাছে প্র্যাকটিস করত। ওরা বলত, আমাদের প্র্যাকটিসের ভালো একটা ব্যবস্থা করে দেন। আমি ওদের বললাম, জিনিসপত্র যা লাগে, আমি দেব। তোমরা প্র্যাকটিস করো।
 খেলোয়াড়ি জীবনেই একাডেমি দাঁড় করানোর চেষ্টা করছেন। ভবিষ্যতে খেলা ছাড়ার পর কোচিং লাইনে যাওয়ার ইচ্ছা আছে নাকি?
ইমরুল: কোচিং লাইনে যাওয়ার চিন্তা নেই। তবে একাডেমিকে যতটুকু পারি সাহায্য করব। ইচ্ছা আছে ভালো কোচ রাখার। তাঁর পারিশ্রমিকও যদি আমাকে দিতে হয়, দেব।
 আপনি তো খরচ দিচ্ছেনই। আর কারও কাছ থেকে কি সাহায্য পান?
ইমরুল: পুরোটাই আমার খরচ। জেলা ক্রীড়া সংস্থা বলেন বা অন্য কেউ, কেউই সাহায্য করে না। বল-ব্যাট সব আমিই কিনে দিই। অনেক সময় নিজের জিনিস দিয়ে দিই। টুর্নামেন্ট হলেও সব খরচই আমাকে দিতে হবে।
 খালেদ মাসুদ রাজশাহীতে একাডেমি করার পর স্পনসররা আগ্রহী হয়ে এগিয়ে এসেছে। সে রকম কাউকে পাননি?
ইমরুল: সত্যি বলতে কি, এ রকম একটা স্পনসর পেলে আমি একাডেমিটা আরও বড় করতে পারতাম। মাঠেরও কিছু কাজ করাতাম। আমার জেলা মেহেরপুরের পাশেই কুষ্টিয়া আছে, চুয়াডাঙ্গা আছে। ওখান থেকে অনেক ভালো ভালো ছেলে এখানে প্র্যাকটিস করতে আসতে চায়।

http://www.prothom-alo.com/detail/da...26/news/126553

Well done, Imrul.

Old January 26, 2011, 01:07 AM
Cricket Savant

Favorite Player: Jahanara Alam, Zuccarello

Great effort Imruley!! Salaam and best wishes!! We have got to get those Kushtia, Chuadanga boys to come practice there and bowl fast, swing, yorker, bouncer etc.
Old January 26, 2011, 01:50 AM
Cricket Savant

Seems like a humble man. Nice read. Thanks.

Official Website |Amazon | Twitter/X | YouTube|Cricket Articles
Old January 26, 2011, 02:17 AM

Favorite Player: Tamim,Ash,Mash,Shakib

Grt work.. Congratz..
Old January 26, 2011, 02:42 AM
Banned

oke aami aar vimrul bole daakbo na.
Old January 26, 2011, 03:08 AM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: Shakib, Mashrafe

Great initiative ! salam to him
Old January 26, 2011, 04:12 AM
Cricket Legend

To be honest Imrul is very polite and a dedicated cricketer. He has guts and determination to succeed. He and Zunaed Siddiqi are good friends, when Z got the chance in the national team Imrul said that 'I also want to be there', and he knew that he had to score lot of runs to be with Z in the squad. And after that he performed and came into the team we all know that.

Recently he has been in decent form and has been pretty consistent than most other players, even more than Zunaed. Kudos to him.

ওইখানে আমিও আছি /যেইখানে সূর্য উদয়/প্রিয়দেশ পাল্টে দেবো/তুমি আর আমি বোধহয়/কমরেড, তৈরি থেকো/গায়ে মাখো আলতা বরণ/আমি তুমি আমি তুমি/এভাবেই লক্ষ চরণ
Old January 26, 2011, 04:37 AM
ODI Cricketer

Favorite Player: None Specifically

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMHasan
To be honest Imrul is very polite and a dedicated cricketer. He has guts and determination to succeed. He and Zunaed Siddiqi are good friends, when Z got the chance in the national team Imrul said that 'I also want to be there', and he knew that he had to score lot of runs to be with Z in the squad. And after that he performed and came into the team we all know that.

Recently he has been in decent form and has been pretty consistent than most other players, even more than Zunaed. Kudos to him.
And yeah, once I was chatting with Zunaed bhai in Fb (hope he was the real one) and asked him who was his best friend in the team, he replied it was Imrul Kayes.
Old January 26, 2011, 04:42 AM

Nice kid with good heart, Wish him growing up great with all the success.
Old January 26, 2011, 05:03 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Really liked this interview. We need more players with this kind of matured mentality.
Old January 26, 2011, 06:25 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

great initiative.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:16 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

I really can't appreciate such initiatives. This gives an impression that he thinks he has achieved everything in his career. He is still strugling to come to international level as a cricketer. He needs to focus more on his improvement.

If you are happy with ur earning, do some charity and help the poor people. Whatever he says, he is eyeing for generating some income in future through the academy. Running even a club with 20-25 people can keep you mentally quiet occupied. An academy without any financial assitance can put u con considerable pressure of money and management. If he says, it just runs on it's own, it's no better than a Madrasa academy and you hardly produce quality in those places. Foolish act IMO.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:30 AM
First Class Cricketer

Favorite Player: Shakib Al Hasan

Quote:
Originally Posted by BANFAN
I really can't appreciate such initiatives. This gives an impression that he thinks he has achieved everything in his career. He is still strugling to come to international level as a cricketer. He needs to focus more on his improvement.

If you are happy with ur earning, do some charity and help the poor people. Whatever he says, he is eyeing for generating some income in future through the academy. Running even a club with 20-25 people can keep you mentally quiet occupied. An academy without any financial assitance can put u con considerable pressure of money and management. If he says, it just runs on it's own, it's no better than a Madrasa academy and you hardly produce quality in those places. Foolish act IMO.
BANFAN bhai....didn't expect this from you.

I'm not a fan of Imrul Kayes as a player but to say "he's eyeing for generating some income" could be a grave injustice to Imrul's possible noble intentions to nurture some local talents that he's encountered/found.
Old January 26, 2011, 07:34 AM
Banned

Favorite Player: iceman

Quote:

are are ki shouvaggo amader....ei forum-a amader sathe ekjon bishisto 'baba' achen jini manusher moner kotha sohojei bujhte paren shudhu paper-a ekta news porei...bah bah amar to lungi mathay tule nachte ichcha kortese
Old January 26, 2011, 08:06 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: Lara

Quote:

BANFAN bhai, everything depends on the ambition one has got. May be, for Imrul playing as a regular member in the national team is enough. Helping poor people (in a sense of giving them some free money) has less value than building a cricket academy. Generating some money in the future is not a bad thing. Money is a great power, the question is how you spend that power.
Old January 26, 2011, 08:30 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

I can't understand why starting a cricket academy in an area where there is none to begin with is an initiative not appreciated
Old January 26, 2011, 08:31 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Abu Jayed Rahi

on topic, maShAllah Imrul, carry on this is great news! Alhamdulilllah!
Old January 26, 2011, 08:54 AM
Club Cricketer

Favorite Player: Azharuddin

Very commendable effort indeed. With academies like this in rural areas, BD cricket will step up to next level with steady pipeline of cricketers for future generations.

BANFAN bhai, why be so negative? A good initiative appreciate korle bhab kome jabe na
Old January 26, 2011, 09:12 AM
Administrator

Quote:

I really cannot appreciate such posts. This gives an impression that you think you know what Imrul thinks about his career. While Imrul maybe struggling in his career, that should not prevent him from imparting what little he knows to those who now thing.

Not everyone can be a Mohsin or a Gates. So what if he makes some money out of this. This is a win-win. I am surprised to read this response from you.

What have you done?
Old January 26, 2011, 09:24 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: David Warner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zunaid
I really cannot appreciate such posts. This gives an impression that you think you know what Imrul thinks about his career. While Imrul maybe struggling in his career, that should not prevent him from imparting what little he knows to those who now thing.

Not everyone can be a Mohsin or a Gates. So what if he makes some money out of this. This is a win-win. I am surprised to read this response from you.

What have you done?
Great point.

Go on IMRUL!!! If every national cricketer did that in their area... BD would have better players coming out. Our coaches wont have to teach basics then.
Old January 26, 2011, 09:30 AM
BD-SL Test Fantasy Winner 2017

Favorite Player: Suhrawadi Shuvo

Well done Imrul! This is exactly what we need!
Old January 26, 2011, 09:40 AM
Cricket Legend

Favorite Player: tamim,shafiul,mushy

awwww,how sweet of him.good to know we have such thoughtful players in the team nowadays..
Old January 26, 2011, 10:18 AM
Street Cricketer

Kudos, That is cricket at grass root level. Great initiative for the future of our cricket.
If we only had more academies through local+private initiatives, we would be laughing.
Old January 26, 2011, 11:42 AM
Cricket Sage

Favorite Player: Bangladesh Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baundule
BANFAN bhai, everything depends on the ambition one has got. May be, for Imrul playing as a regular member in the national team is enough. Helping poor people (in a sense of giving them some free money) has less value than building a cricket academy. Generating some money in the future is not a bad thing. Money is a great power, the question is how you spend that power.
Baundule Bhai, you are absolutely right, I agree 100%. I didnt like that he is losing focus at this early stage of his career. We want all the top 11/15 to be ambitious enough to take their career further for the interest of the team and that's good for them as well. I didnt mean that he shouldn't make money. Only that he should have taken this headache at a later stage of is career. Let him earn billions and make a better academy and earn more, that's good for all, but at the right time. Well that was my honest opinion and as his welswisher.
I just may be looking at it from a different angle, where i'm sacred of losing him and not so lured by getting benefit of his academy. Aparently it might look like he is making a good contribution but none knows what will be the outcome of it, but IMO, his attention is being diverted. That's worrying for me.

Quote:
Alchemist: BANFAN bhai....didn't expect this from you.

I'm not a fan of Imrul Kayes as a player but to say "he's eyeing for generating some income" could be a grave injustice to Imrul's possible noble intentions to nurture some local talents that he's encountered/found.
Alchemist, bhai. I am probably not as much anti Imrul. I like him for his performances these days. He had been playing consistently despite his weaknesses. I would love to see him focus more and refine his technique and be a better player and play longer.

Quote:
Jaybaba; BANFAN bhai, why be so negative? A good initiative appreciate korle bhab kome jabe na
Bhai, if I'm being critical of this act, because Im really thinking positive of his career. I think if he focuses, he can become a good player in the side.

Zunaid
Quote:

What have you done?
Appreciate your effort, but not the content. I couldnt understand if your opinion is as a Mod/Boss/Memebr/... If you are not writing as a member/yourself; please ignore/delete my response bellow.

"I certainly understand the issues which might divert/disturb someone's career. Distraction of focus. I didt talk about what he thinks, i didn't have to think of what he was thinking that much, what he has done/is doing was enough to understand what I said.

Yes, everyone cannot be Mohsin or Gates, but dont we expect all our national team players to keep developing and play longer? If a player's career loses focus, it gets shortened due to lack of improvement. There is no problem if a person makes money. I want him to make that money by being a better player. I had my opinion only, is that wrong or evil to think good for someone ? Since I'm into career related businesses, I was honestly concerned about his career.

I still feel, if he concentrates/focuses more on his game, he can make his career better and longer and that also means more money for him. How was that evil?

What I have done? We can discuss it bothway, if you really want. But, what has anyopne in BC done to criticise even Ash? How is that relvant?

Anyway, I hope I could make it a bit clear to all, what I meant. Thanks for your responses anyway, Sorry if it doesn't match your opinion/mind. I didnt create myself, it's not my fault, seriously.
Old January 26, 2011, 12:19 PM
Cricket Guru

Favorite Player: All the BD players

My respect for Imrul has gone up big time now. It's great that he already has started an academy at such a young age. Shows he is a mature young man trying to help out our cricket. I really hope he keeps up with the academy and best of luck to him.